Are we going to get trio's true megas in Ghost Game?

Shelly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are they going to introduce any new digimon as megas for Gammamon, Jellymon and Angoramon in Ghost Game? Or they are going to surprise fans with their new mega?

I thought it was lazy that the creators are reusing old mega digimons as their megas than coming up new ideas.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be very surprised if they didn't introduce new digimon for the megas but contrarily my surprise would be more of a pleasant surprise.
I honestly wouldn't mind if these digimon never reached mega at all

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
should be, since Ghost Game is pretty much anime advertisement for Vital Bracelet & dim cards and new digimons have the potential of bring more money to Toei

Shelly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be very surprised if they didn't introduce new digimon for the megas but contrarily my surprise would be more of a pleasant surprise.
I honestly wouldn't mind if these digimon never reached mega at all
I could imagine Jellymon's mega evolution will turn out to be Lovelyangemon and Angoramon's mega will be Achillesmon,but I don't known about Gammamon. I could imagine him will become a new Royal Knight digimon member as his mega. That would be cool.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As far as I'm aware, most Dim Cards have at min four Megas, so it's incredibly suspect the GG trio only has three. The most common speculation I've seen is we're getting a second set with those Megas included.

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would make the most sense for there to be a second set of DiM cards with the new megas included, as mentioned above. I think they just want to keep the megas secret for a while (and probably sell more merch too haha)
I doubt they would not reach mega at all since commercial reasons aside, we're already up to ultimate level and still have 20+ episodes to go. Perhaps there is some extra gimmick to open the gates to mega level? We have to wait and see I suppose.

VamAngemon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is the reason I'm not getting Angora and Jelly DiMs yet. I'm pretty sure they're going to get new ones.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well yeah. I thought it was what's happening. We'll get a second set of cards with the megas in it.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know what would be pretty cruel...

If the V3 set contained their megas. They could distribute the megas between the 2 dim cards in V3

With a "Lamort +_ type" "Tethys + _ type" and "Canoweiss + _ type"

That way they dont need to make say

Gammamon Ver Ultimate and so on with more or less the same digimon as the basic PLUS mega. Remember I know the EX2 and GP overlap was a different story, with the GP boasting "Exclusive" digimon only to not be very exclusive when EX2 used all 3 megas. Effectively making the purchase of Guil EX and Rena EX totally pointless. The same pointlessness would exist if you just re did V1 and V2 with +3 mons (there appears to be 17 mon limit, and the V1 and V2 have 1 1 1 4 4 3 thats only 14 digis. previous one s were 1 1 1 4 6 4, and the EX3 stuff is 1 1 2 4 5 4 moving -1 perfect + 1 child.

Spreading the Megas across the V3 set, hell maybe our new mon in the V3 will be crucial to obtaining mega and they will all be something like
Gamma + New mon = Mega Gammamon

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know what would be pretty cruel...

If the V3 set contained their megas. They could distribute the megas between the 2 dim cards in V3

With a "Lamort +_ type" "Tethys + _ type" and "Canoweiss + _ type"

That way they dont need to make say

Gammamon Ver Ultimate and so on with more or less the same digimon as the basic PLUS mega. Remember I know the EX2 and GP overlap was a different story, with the GP boasting "Exclusive" digimon only to not be very exclusive when EX2 used all 3 megas. Effectively making the purchase of Guil EX and Rena EX totally pointless. The same pointlessness would exist if you just re did V1 and V2 with +3 mons (there appears to be 17 mon limit, and the V1 and V2 have 1 1 1 4 4 3 thats only 14 digis. previous one s were 1 1 1 4 6 4, and the EX3 stuff is 1 1 2 4 5 4 moving -1 perfect + 1 child.

Spreading the Megas across the V3 set, hell maybe our new mon in the V3 will be crucial to obtaining mega and they will all be something like
Gamma + New mon = Mega Gammamon
Slight nitpick, but her name is Thetismon, not Tethysmon.

Brodul

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are they going to introduce any new digimon as megas for Gammamon, Jellymon and Angoramon in Ghost Game? Or they are going to surprise fans with their new mega?

I thought it was lazy that the creators are reusing old mega digimons as their megas than coming up new ideas.
Well Ghost Game soon will have a new digivice so there could be 90% chance

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m very much hoping for Ghost Game to break the trend of humanoid Ultimates for all three, as slim as that might be.

Jellymon has the most probability for Digiwaifu.

Gammamon could go either way as a Dragon or Knight.

With Angoramon I want them to build on Lamortmon and go more feral.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm totally sure they held back releasing those partners' Ultimate forms instead of having Bracelet series for Ghost Game to put in it. Obviously this pattern tells us they will release the next new 2nd series of Bracelet with Ultimate forms of Ghost Game partners.

This is the first time they didn't reveal fully on their evo lists like usual in the past. It surprised me really big. I wondered why they held back and they didn't tell us the reason. I guess it's due to the certain situation haven't faded away yet that caused huge delays in the real life.

But I'm totally sure their Ultimate forms were already designed in behind the scenes. Or delays might have Ultimate forms to get readjusts to their designs. Maybe? I doubt it.

I'm sure this will reveal after all partners finishes reaching to their Perfect levels by evolving first on the tv. 100% without a doubt.

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I haven't seen the most recent episode, from the blurbs I've read concerning it, I suspect that she may evolve into something inspired by Scylla and Charibidis, the former being more monster like, but still humanoid, with the latter being more beast like. Possibly a mode change of sorts?

Shelly

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought about something.

I has been thinking that Gammamon's mega form will be Dorbickmon and he can Fusion Digivolve with those Shield Digimon and Sword Digimon to become LordRagnamon as his Ultra form.

I am thinking Achillemon will be Angoramon's Mega form instead one of Pulsemon's.

I think Lovelyangemon will turn out to be Jellymon's Mega form instead an alternated mega form of Angewomamon.

I think It does makes sense.

Last edited:

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would be really surprised if this is the case. Not only from a story standpoint, but also from a marketing one. That's a new set of Vital Bracelet cards they could be selling with the updated lines. A new group of toys and figures of the partners, cards, etc.

It would be overall a very strange and in my opinion underwhelming development for the digimon of this series. If they were using previously introduced digimon as partners then it wouldn't bother me.

So not only I think is unlikely, I would hope it is.

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They did not create three new Digimon lines just to have them become pre-existing Digimon. That makes absolutely no sense, especially when those Digimon have very little in common with the GG trio.

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We will get a Gammamon BE DiM when Digivice VV comes out, that's likely when the megas will be revealed. I doubt there won't be any original mega digimon for the trio by then.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
first of all the wording of the thread title made me laugh a bit.
NO we are only getting FALSE megas for them... like IF they reach mega ( which I'd be surprised if somehow none of them did) then whatever they become would be their TRUE mega though I'm not a fan of using terms like true- mostly because its digimon evolutions are pliable and such. Mugendramon and Wargreymon are equally valid evolutions for MetalGreymon, and by extension Agumon... the idea that Marine Angemon isn't palmon's "true mega" yet togemon is somehow the TRUE adult/champion when Togemon was no where to be seen when Palmon got its first V-pet debut back in the version 4.

Ok so random rant about "true" not being applicable aside
Yes we will likely see bespoke megas for them, Of course we don't know exactly what the VV line up will look like ... in theory they could potentially let you pick any of the 3 characters from the start- do away with the adventure mode unlock that the 25th anniversary BE dim has and give us 21 mons across 3 lines ( with gamma having 4 champs cause its gamma) Could probalby squeeze a couple extra mons in to hit that 23 count
But yeah no doubt we'll get megas for them eventually. its just an abnormality that i think we last saw during Frontier where the end series evolutions were kept secret until the last minute
Like Imperialdramon awas spoiled in the D3 in july... appeared inthe anime in december
similar time table for stuff like Gallantmon
and Shinegreymon

But seems Aldamon's debut was Battle SPirit 2 which came out the same month as his anime debut
and kaiser's debut was in the V3 in october so much later than those that came before
Ghost Game looks to be following a similar flow... while we found out about th perfects early on via the Dim Cards... the megas will be revealed much later it seems. but we'll just have to wait and see if Gammamon busts out Ultimate Brachimon instead of something new awesome

JR9386

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
first of all the wording of the thread title made me laugh a bit.
NO we are only getting FALSE megas for them... like IF they reach mega ( which I'd be surprised if somehow none of them did) then whatever they become would be their TRUE mega though I'm not a fan of using terms like true- mostly because its digimon evolutions are pliable and such. Mugendramon and Wargreymon are equally valid evolutions for MetalGreymon, and by extension Agumon... the idea that Marine Angemon isn't palmon's "true mega" yet togemon is somehow the TRUE adult/champion when Togemon was no where to be seen when Palmon got its first V-pet debut back in the version 4.

Ok so random rant about "true" not being applicable aside
Yes we will likely see bespoke megas for them, Of course we don't know exactly what the VV line up will look like ... in theory they could potentially let you pick any of the 3 characters from the start- do away with the adventure mode unlock that the 25th anniversary BE dim has and give us 21 mons across 3 lines ( with gamma having 4 champs cause its gamma) Could probalby squeeze a couple extra mons in to hit that 23 count
But yeah no doubt we'll get megas for them eventually. its just an abnormality that i think we last saw during Frontier where the end series evolutions were kept secret until the last minute
Like Imperialdramon awas spoiled in the D3 in july... appeared inthe anime in december
similar time table for stuff like Gallantmon
and Shinegreymon

But seems Aldamon's debut was Battle SPirit 2 which came out the same month as his anime debut
and kaiser's debut was in the V3 in october so much later than those that came before
Ghost Game looks to be following a similar flow... while we found out about th perfects early on via the Dim Cards... the megas will be revealed much later it seems. but we'll just have to wait and see if Gammamon busts out Ultimate Brachimon instead of something new awesome
I'd be disappointed if Jellymon becomes Ancientmermaimon. Frankly, she hasn't quite "earned" the ability to wield that much power.