Appmon Toy Previews and Art, Week 11 Added

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Our first more detailed images of the Appmon toyline that I can think of.

We get to see two different products...

Image Thumbnail

First up is a preview of the Gatchmon figure.

Nice little figure I think. Somehow I didn't expect it to look so nice close up, the magnifying glass has some nice details to it.

I may import that one...

Next up is a preview of the Appmon Chip for Navimon.

Image Thumbnail

The chip looks pretty nice (no free QR code in the preview for us.)

We also get a great clean image of Navimon's art.

Image Thumbnail

I'm getting a real Kamen Rider type of vibe from him. He looks much more interesting and dynamic here than in some of the other art we've seen of him, don't you think? I mean, we've seen him full body before, but it comes across differently here than I had seen before (I think the background and skimming video footage made me miss the details, which now that I'm looking at them on a white background, just really stand out to me.)

They finish off with another image of Gatchmon's toy

Image Thumbnail

This appears to be the same figure, but it appears there will be some sort of way to swap the eyes, which gives him a neat fun look.

The Appmon Twitter account put these up and promises (if they can) to put up new preview images every week.

Update- Here is week 2.

Image Thumbnail

We start off with another fun image of a Gatchmon figure.

Image Thumbnail

The Appmon Chip this time is Cameramon.

Image Thumbnail

And a great image of Cameramon's art. He looks sort of menacing like this I think.

And we finish with another image of Gatchmon.

Image Thumbnail

Poor guy seems tired.

Hopefully they continue along next week.

Update- Time for week 3!

Image Thumbnail

Looks like Gatchmon is visiting Shueisha. Perhaps he is getting a sneak preview of the Appmon tie in manga?

Image Thumbnail

The Appmon Chip this time is Perorimon.

Update- Here is the rest of week 3.

Image Thumbnail

Perorimon gets some nice big art. And he has a nice little hat.

And we finish off with Dokamon giving Gatchmon the ol' stink eye.

Image Thumbnail

Update- Time for week 4.

Image Thumbnail

Gatchmon is at the Jump Victory Carnival event while they are setting it up.

Image Thumbnail

The Appmon Chip this week is Hackmon.

Image Thumbnail

We've seen this picture a few times before, but to get it so large and clean is fantastic. The various details are really nice.

Image Thumbnail

And the previews for week 4 ends with a Hackmon figure showing off part of not quite set up Appmon display for Jump Victory Carnival.

Update- They put up an extra image of Gatchmon to celebrate the Jump Victory Carnival opening.

Image Thumbnail

Update- Time for week 5.

Image Thumbnail

Another shot of Gatchmon at the Jump Victory Carnival.

Image Thumbnail

The Appmon Chip this week is for Messamon (People seem to disagree how his name should be spelled, so for now I'm going with Messa.)

Image Thumbnail

One of the weirder designed Appmons. I'm quite curious to see how he acts in the show.

Image Thumbnail

For the last week 5 image Gatchmon is at a familiar location for most Japanese anime fans.

Update- Time for week 7 (they didn't do a week 6.)

Image Thumbnail

First up is Gatchmon hanging around Bandai's Headquarters.

Image Thumbnail

This week's Appmon Chip is Dokamon!

Update- The rest of week 7 and all of week 8...

First up, the rest of week 7 (got delayed because I got caught up in other news and just forgot to update it when I woke up the next morning...)

Image Thumbnail

I really like this action pose for Dokamon. It's actiony, but also seems fun.

Image Thumbnail

Gatchamon and Dokamon end the week just sitting around.

On to week 8!

Image Thumbnail

After visiting Bandai last week Gatchmon is at Toei Digital Center this week! This is a new building Toei setup in 2010 to modernize their post production. He's hanging out outside of the office where ADR is done for Appmon!

Image Thumbnail

This week's Appmon Chip is Musimon!

Image Thumbnail

Good profile art for Musimon. It feels like he's the Appmon who opinion has changed the most from the initial images. In the initial shot we saw of him he just looked like a head with arms. Seeing him with full gear makes him look much better.

Image Thumbnail

Appmon saying goodbye for the week and reminding everyone the show begins in nearly a month!

Time for week 9!

Image Thumbnail

First up we have Gatchmon posing with the upcoming Applidriver product!

Image Thumbnail

This week's Appmon Chip is Roleplaymon!

Update- The rest of week 9 has shown up!

Image Thumbnail

Roleplaymon's art works well. He feels like a proper chibi RPG hero. Minus the mouth and maybe the eyes....

Image Thumbnail

To finish off the week we have Gatchmon posing with an in package Applidriver. The package looks nicer than I expected for some reason... which is odd because I'm not sure what I expected...

Update- They put up week 10 a bit late, but we have it now...

Image Thumbnail

Gatchmon is joined by Dokamon at a commercial shoot in the first image this week.

Image Thumbnail

This week's Appmon Chip is Dougamon!

Image Thumbnail

Dougamon's design is interesting. Once you get past the massive screen there are some interesting design elements. He's clearly named after Niconico Douga, but he also has what appears to be a tv antannae on top. Elements of his body (but especially his arm) appear to be based on a television remote? (I may just be seeing something that isn't there, but it looks like it to me.)

Image Thumbnail

To finish the week we have Gatchmon next to his packaging. The art on the box is interesting to me. I don't think we've seen Gatchmon with such a soft expression before. The other interesting bit, the artwork is clearly based on the toy of Gatchmon, rather than just being anime artwork. It's a nice little touch

Update- Week 11 time!

It appears with them showing Gatchmon's packaging last week they may be done with the normal updates, but they've updated this week with a few eclectic choices all based on things shown at the Tokyo Game Show.

Image Thumbnail

We start off with the finalized coverart for the Appmon 3DS game. This was shown during the TGS stream.

Image Thumbnail

An exclusive Gatchmon Appmon Chip and some exclusive cards.

Image Thumbnail

A special Appmon Chip of Onmon. This will be given if you pre-order the full version of the Appmon 3DS game in a specific time period.

I really like Onmon's art and the look of the chip really looks special.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why Navimon's art never quite hit me before.

I know we've had the image on the left, not sure about the right, but for some reason it never struck me just how neat the character looked.

It only got included because they included the art for the Appmon chip, but I really like it.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I can see the Kamen Rider similarities in Navimon, mainly Kamen Rider Cyclone from the W series seeing as he's mainly green. There's also a touch of Shoutmon in him too, but that's probably the V shape on his head.

EDIT: Didn't see the V shape was actually an arrow. Fitting for a navigation app.

Last edited:

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Navimon and Musimon have the best designs out of the main Appmon tbh.
Just noticed Navimon's missile is actually a globe with a map pin.

The Gatchmon figure looks great aside from the limbs being blue. That really bugs me.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you may have put the wrong image in the 4th spot...

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Navimon's design is pretty dope. The second pose of him included in the image Marc posted really illustrates some awesome design choices that were made to reinforce the fact that it's based off a service like Maps.

I agree with Shika that Navimon and Musimon have really great designs, although I am partial to the simplicity of Gatchmon (who I just noticed has a magnifying glass on his stomach, neat) and Hackmon as well.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you may have put the wrong image in the 4th spot...

Fixed it. Was half asleep when I put it up and inserted the first image twice.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are pretty cool toys. And great art for Navimon. Thanks.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with week 2's images.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Design-wise, Cameramon is a bit on the meh side for the Appmon, but that is an awesome pose.

There's a little profile accompanying the picture, it says Cameramon's body lenses are able to detect his enemies' weak spots and that he can access to surveillance cameras in order to monitor the town.

That sleeping Gatchmon is just so cute.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. Cameramon is interesting. A hand of lens of course plus those body lenses seem like a good thing to be able to do. Being a camera, it makes sense.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like week 3's preview is being put up slowly.

I put up the first half which is up now. I will put up the rest when I'm awake and no doubt they will have tossed it up by then.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perorimon
A gluttonous Appmon. It can get very particular about food due to its gourmet tastes, but it is very passionate about gourmet reviews!

I find it interesting that they're using a certain texture when shading the Appmon art; maybe to distinguish Appmon art from Digimon? Kinda like how the Blue Flare/Twilight/Bagra XW Digimon used different line styles in their art, I thought that was a cool touch.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perorimon
A gluttonous Appmon. It can get very particular about food due to its gourmet tastes, but it is very passionate about gourmet reviews!

So Perorimon is based off an app like Yelp? Interesting...

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it interesting that they're using a certain texture when shading the Appmon art; maybe to distinguish Appmon art from Digimon?
My thoughts exactly. It's an interesting choice to use this kind of urban messy texture on a digital being.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All of week 4 is put up in the news post.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does the profile of Hackmon match with the one from the 3DS game website (http://appmon-game.bn-ent.net/character/app_02.html)?

使い方次第で世界に危機を招く、危うい能力の持ち主。
プログラムの弱点を一目で見抜き、強固なロックも即刻解除してしまう。
フードの中はいったいどんな顔をしているんだ…

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They uploaded a promo video for the card game and it reveals a new Appmon (Shipmon?) and new art of Dosukomon (plus Navimon):
XdDEgLz.png

https://youtu.be/GHc8JDBKCVI

Does the profile of Hackmon match with the one from the 3DS game website (http://appmon-game.bn-ent.net/character/app_02.html)?

使い方次第で世界に危機を招く、危うい能力の持ち主。
プログラムの弱点を一目で見抜き、強固なロックも即刻解除してしまう。
フードの中はいったいどんな顔をしているんだ…

Almost, they added a bit at the end in which they say that the face he is hiding under the hood is an important point. That coupled with the fact that his tail is exactly the same as original Hackmon's made me sure that he is definitely a variant.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated news post.

They added another Gatchmon image to celebrate JVC beginning.