Appmon Section

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Appmon will be starting soon, figured it was time to give it it's own section so that there can start being proper targeted discussion threads.

I've jumped around on what I've called the 'full' title, but for the time being I'm switching to use AppliMonsters until it appears Toei or Bandai will use different, since it appears they are purposely using 'Appli' in some cases and not just speaking with a flourish.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now it's a season. It has it's own section. It's almost here.

Rorimor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly don't know what to think about Appli Monsters, I am really hoping that this is just a Spin-Off series and not the future of Digimon as a whole. I mean, technically they aren't even "Digimon" (digital monsters), they are "Appmon" (Appli Monsters). That coupled with the fact that the main character has a really punchable face (at least in my opinion) I really don't have a whole lot of hope for this season of the show. Hopefully they don't just skip over dubbing Fusion Season 3 in favor of this.

Also, I selfishly would prefer that Bandai Namco continue the "Digimon Story" and "Digimon World" series rather than making every game for the forseeable future revolve around their Appli Monsters collaboration.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly don't know what to think about Appli Monsters, I am really hoping that this is just a Spin-Off series and not the future of Digimon as a whole. I mean, technically they aren't even "Digimon" (digital monsters), they are "Appmon" (Appli Monsters).
I assume I'll keep saying until I'm blue in the face... Appmon is pretty much just Digimon. Especially when you consider the major ways the franchise has changed in every incarnation.

A new group of digital monsters that are called Appmon don't bother me in the slightest to be honest.

And calling it the 'future of Digimon as a whole' is unrealistic when you consider plenty of non-Appmon Digimon products and things are coming out concurrently.

Hopefully they don't just skip over dubbing Fusion Season 3 in favor of this.
I think when you consider it's been over a year since the last episode of season 2 ended, and there has been no info on further dubbing, we can be reasonably sure that's done, at least for now.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly don't know what to think about Appli Monsters, I am really hoping that this is just a Spin-Off series and not the future of Digimon as a whole. I mean, technically they aren't even "Digimon" (digital monsters), they are "Appmon" (Appli Monsters). That coupled with the fact that the main character has a really punchable face (at least in my opinion) I really don't have a whole lot of hope for this season of the show. Hopefully they don't just skip over dubbing Fusion Season 3 in favor of this.

Also, I selfishly would prefer that Bandai Namco continue the "Digimon Story" and "Digimon World" series rather than making every game for the forseeable future revolve around their Appli Monsters collaboration.
why they need to replace Appmon with current Digimon? That doesn't make sense at all. Bandai know what they're doing since the very first. Just by the title "Digimon Universe: Applimonsters" we can already know where they are going. They clearly have no reason to abandon the original Digimon at all.

Also for Digimon World & Story, they surely need more time to announce new one. We exactly know that Ne0 is a failure bcos they're announcing it too fast with baseless thoughts, just to milk and giving love letters to the old World fans without even thinking what they're giving. I think we need another digimon game rather than just Digimon World & Story. Thus Appmon feels like a very good way to forget about digimon first and enjoy its very own mechanic.

I can't wait to see the anime, I've been waiting for the very time they're doing a newly fresh season without too much worries unlike Tri.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we know how many episodes this series will get yet?
most likely 4 cour or around 50 episodes since IIRC the animedia interview said it will be a long running series