Appmon Ranks 12th Place in Final Fan Vote for Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for another Tokyo Anime Award Festival Update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2018 takes place March 9 thru 12 this year.

The event is an international film festival for animation held annual by the Association of Japanese Animation with a number of categories, some voted on by fans, others by a committee of professionals.

The fan voting category for Television Anime of the Year has been of extreme interest to Digimon fans since the preliminaries began last year.

Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters ended up ranking 8th in the preliminary fan vote in the TV category in fact.

The final voting has now closed and they've announced rankings. Digimon Universe: AppliMonsters ended up 12th place with 10,059 votes from fans.

It's not a bad showing for Appmon, which hopefully will have a great 2018 as it is able to make it's way to more and more countries.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed! It really is the best top 12, with GIntama in 13th place. It really makes me happy to see appmon rank so high. I hope this means more appmon to come in the future. <3

Shutmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
how bittersweet 12th is. Bitter bc we had top 10... but it's the best 12th place ever

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
12? Huh. That's nice. Good enough. Guess we beat that one Appmon before he "cheated" the numbers. heh heh

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The top ten weren't a huge shocker.

But Appmon making it all the way to 12th was a treat. Hopefully this will get more people interested after hearing it did so well~

CrimsonMarvel

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't really into Appmon (mainly the designs & 3D CG), but happy so many people enjoyed it and that any Digimon related content is getting this much attention.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't really see all that many episodes of Appmon, but happy to see make it to the 12th rank. Hopefully, this means it's gonna get dubbed in more and more countries (looking at you, India). Seems like 2018 is gonna be another great year for the franchise :D