Appmon QR Archive

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Decided to make an archive of any Appmon related QR codes that show up, since they are necessary to do various things in this new piece of the Digimon franchise.

The majority of Appmon QR codes will come from Appmon chips, both normal ones, and special ones that come via various promotions, and are likely to show up in other places.

We will archive whatever we can get ahold of here.

If you have an image of an Appmon QR code (either photo or scan) along with (hopefully) an image and description of the product it is from, please post in this thread, PM me on the forum, or email me it at godofchaos@gmail.com with 'Appmon QR' or something similar in the subject

The first two oddly do not do anything in the game or in other Appmon products that we know of.

Image Thumbnail

The first QR code is from a flyer given out at TGS. It links you to a webpage where you can get the free/lite version of the Appmon 3DS game early. Thanks to our friend Koushiro for making sure we had this as soon as possible so that everyone with a Japanese 3DS could get the demo.

Update- Replaced Koushiro's photo with a nice scan he did. I did minimal editing (put the images together, slight cropping, redid the black/white levels for clarity of the QR code, and resizing it to make it an acceptable size for the forum.)

Image Thumbnail

When you get to the webpage it has a Nintendo 3DS store QR code, which takes you to the lite version of the game, which at the original time of TGS, was not available in the store without using this special QR code. Update- This QR code is now being given out by Bandai/Appmon social media as a shortcut to get the game.

Various QR codes have shown up thus far at events, or even in trailers, but they are always degraded or covered to an extent to make them unscannable.

First actual QR Code from an Appmon chip that is good enough quality to be scannable...

Image Thumbnail

Appmon Chip CPG-001: This is a promotional Gatchmon that came with V-Jump and was likely the first Appmon chip officially released. The Gatchmon it gives you in the 3DS game has a high Social stat. Thanks to TheRyuujinMike for the QR code image.

Image Thumbnail

Appmon Chip B01-011: This is a normal release Viramon. He gets a social boost and starts at 'ver 3.0' (I admit I don't know what that means at the moment.) Thanks to Shinoryu for the QR code image.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reserving 2 extra posts for space, just in case....

One

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reserving 2 extra posts for space, just in case....

Two

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Flyer image has been updated to a much nicer quality copy.

KoushiroIZZYIzumi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's an interesting fact: on the side of the flyer, in the area of the yellow box with the QR code, there's a long, black, rectangular box under the kanji. Believe it or not, it's actually a redaction.

The redacted part is a web address: http://appmon-game/spec/ca-dl/ which, of course, doesn't work.

Last edited:

TheRyuujinMike

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A search on twitter turned up the first QR code from an Appmon chip that was high resolution enough to actually scan successfully. It's a promotional pre-release Gachmon. In the 3DS game it gives you a slightly upgraded version Gachmon chip with a high Social chip compatibility stat.

http://imgur.com/XJ4Bpku

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A search on twitter turned up the first QR code from an Appmon chip that was high resolution enough to actually scan successfully. It's a promotional pre-release Gachmon. In the 3DS game it gives you a slightly upgraded version Gachmon chip with a high Social chip compatibility stat.

http://imgur.com/XJ4Bpku
Thanks for the first Appmon chip QR code, added it to the archive.

Shinoryu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heyyy ! No, sorry, for the player out there i don't have any new QR code ... I just wanted to clarify something ... I scanned the code and it worked for me. Is it just because that chip is a promo chip ? Or are each, unique QR code usable once per game ? I ask away the question in the i-think-most-appropriate topic because i've saw a few players and fan showing off appmon merchandise on youtube and their QR code were always either blurred or hidden.

If that's the case and we can scan each 1 time per game, then i'll share the result of my loot i just ordered at amiami in a week or so~~

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heyyy ! No, sorry, for the player out there i don't have any new QR code ... I just wanted to clarify something ... I scanned the code and it worked for me. Is it just because that chip is a promo chip ? Or are each, unique QR code usable once per game ? I ask away the question in the i-think-most-appropriate topic because i've saw a few players and fan showing off appmon merchandise on youtube and their QR code were always either blurred or hidden.

If that's the case and we can scan each 1 time per game, then i'll share the result of my loot i just ordered at amiami in a week or so~~
As far as we are aware every chip of the same number has the same QR code.

So, as an example of the one above.

Every Appmon chip of CPG-001 will have the same QR code as every other CPG-001.

So if we have images of the QR code of each Appmon chip, anyone and everyone can use them, they aren't 'one use' codes.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated it with Viramon.

I'm using QR codes provided if...

1- We can confirm what the chip is.
2- If it's good enough to scan.

I'll replace images with better ones in the future when possible. I'm currently testing them with an old Moto E and an iPhone 7+ to see if they work.

TheRyuujinMike

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, thanks Shinoryu. Also, your scans clearly confirm what I'd come to suspect - each chip's QR code is actually unique, not just each type of chip. Analyzing the text from the QR code, there is a 3 character string at the end that matches the one displayed on the chip below the code, and the rest is a long individual identifier. This is why people tend to hide their codes in scans and pictures. The 3DS game will also only let you scan a specific chip (individual, not type) once ever.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've removed the 2 newer posts that included tons of QR codes since it appears they may be unique to the single chip and not the chip id number.

I've saved the posts so they can be put back by their users if it turns out the QR codes are multi use, but for now, best to remove the ones that weren't up for a long time just in case.

If them being single use 'is' the case universally then we will not archive them.

TheRyuujinMike

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've removed the 2 newer posts that included tons of QR codes since it appears they may be unique to the single chip and not the chip id number.

If them being single use 'is' the case universally then we will not archive them.
Allow me to elaborate. Each 3DS game save can use each individual code only once - you're not robbing from other players by scanning their QR Code, they can still be used in their game save. The only place the QR code can truly only be used once is registering it on the Japanese Appmon Chip collection website.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Allow me to elaborate. Each 3DS game save can use each individual code only once - you're not robbing from other players by scanning their QR Code, they can still be used in their game save. The only place the QR code can truly only be used once is registering it on the Japanese Appmon Chip collection website.
I was worried since I could only check it for the site, so it's good to hear that the game uses a different system (it's still kind of weird to me that they don't just link it completely to your account since that's used for the site as well... I guess they want to make it at least a bit competitive)

TheRyuujinMike

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was worried since I could only check it for the site, so it's good to hear that the game uses a different system (it's still kind of weird to me that they don't just link it completely to your account since that's used for the site as well... I guess they want to make it at least a bit competitive)
The QR code scanning in the 3DS game doesn't access the internet at all, so it wouldn't have anything to check against anyway. And players would probably be angry if they started a new save and couldn't scan their chips again.

Gatchi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Edit: Oh, guess it got sorta explained already. Welp, nevermind.

Well, since that's already known. Should ask, does anyone have a Virus Dougamon, and/or a virus Messamon QR? Trying to get 4 of each standard virus appmon so that I can perma-fuse them into their virus super, ultimate, and god grades so I can have one of each. Because it seems you can only get virus appmon through QR so far.
To add, I currently have two Virus Dougamon, and two Virus Messamon, since I bought two boxes of Appmon chips and ended up getting two chips of each Appmon. So, just need two more of them.

I have the entire 1.0 set, plus some duplicates due to buying two boxes, so if someone needs anything specific, I can post them.

Last edited:

Shinoryu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Soooooooo ... Looks like i can't find any way to register the chips i own. I can't find the apk, i can't pass by another thing on my phone (which run on android 4.03+ for the curious one). I'll put back my code there, so everyone can scan them for the 3ds game. If any of you also got some code, i wouldn't be against some scans too, i'm runing out of things to scan~

@Gatchi > Yeah, i've got two douga and two messemon !! Follow the virus rabit trail x) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xdsg5n3hh1zdedx/AADEAOJsV-2g10ZU80-NsCCxa?dl=0 hehe. Say, i'd like to get the physicall full chip collection, would you be okay to trade/sell me what i missed from set 1.0 ? Me and a buddy plan to get 2 boxes or more of every set to try and complete them, but finding a trade partner to speed things up would be awsome, also, hehe.

I missed the pre-order of the mini-cyber arena set, but i've got 3 boxes of the upcoming GP 1 serie. This one feature some reprint, a virus weathermon and the first 8 star chip (dogatchmon, if i remember correctly) outside of the promo you would get from scaning high-powered thing via the Appmon Data Lab.

Gatchi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you trying to register them on the website? If you can't download the data lab app, just download a QR scanning app and that'll take you straight to the website and register your chip, if you have a bandai JP account.

I recently won the Ultra God Rare Dogatchmon chip from that campaign on the data lab site, so that's gonna be nice to have.

Thanks for the QR, by the way. What chips are you missing? Would think about trading/selling.

Last edited:

Shangyou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you trying to register them on the website? If you can't download the data lab app, just download a QR scanning app and that'll take you straight to the website and register your chip, if you have a bandai JP account.

I recently won the Ultra God Rare Dogatchmon chip from that campaign on the data lab site, so that's gonna be nice to have.

Thanks for the QR, by the way. What chips are you missing? Would think about trading/selling.
Could you tell me how to you participate in the God Rare DoGatchmon campaign? I recently got some chips but I don't understand Japanese and Google Translate doesn't seem to be helping much either on the Data Lab website. >_<
Also, I don't have the 3DS game (due to region lock) but is there any benefit to registering more than one of the same chip on the Data Lab website?