Appmon General Thoughts

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another kind of Rabies is found, it's a good thing the infection level vary from being petty to murderous which is mostly the first unlike Tri who is consistently the first.
The question is can you purge the virus without killing the human?

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've noticed something.

The "red trim overlay windows" seem to be Leviathan's, and the blue trimmed ones seem to be Minerva's.

https://twitter.com/Strontiumsun/status/864677272183287808

Huh... I hadn't noticed that before, but I'm beginning to think that's no coincidence.

The "outline" of Minerva's owl does look like a pair of scissors.

Last edited by a moderator:

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I swear to god if any of these final episodes go without plot I'm gonna lose it -- I thought for sure we'd get some sort of cliffhanger at the end of Charismon's dwelling, but they just picked up Yuujin and left without a word. Smart of them to also grey out the Ultimate 4 so they don't have to deal with the immense plothole of the team not interrogating them (like how they treated Coachmon, they just assimilated him as part of Eri's arsenal and that was so infuriating how they didn't show the team asking him about Leviathan's plans)

Also confused as how no one knew Cloud was Knight, but I think that might just be viewers perspective biasing me

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I swear to god if any of these final episodes go without plot I'm gonna lose it -- I thought for sure we'd get some sort of cliffhanger at the end of Charismon's dwelling, but they just picked up Yuujin and left without a word. Smart of them to also grey out the Ultimate 4 so they don't have to deal with the immense plothole of the team not interrogating them (like how they treated Coachmon, they just assimilated him as part of Eri's arsenal and that was so infuriating how they didn't show the team asking him about Leviathan's plans)

Also confused as how no one knew Cloud was Knight, but I think that might just be viewers perspective biasing me
I wouldn't be so quick to say that just because they saved yuujin, doesn't mean there's a cliffhanger. A couple episodes back we did see Yuujin on what appeared to be an operating table with Knight questioning why Leviathan hasn't killed him yet. That alone tells us Leviathan probably wanted the applidrivers to save him or have him back or whatever.

Them not figuring out that Knight was Cloud is your usual, "obvious to the viewers, not so obvious to the characters living it" scenery, so I'm not too shocked there. They knew Knight worked for Leviathan, they knew Cloud too worked for leviathan, and odds are they thought many at L corp worked for Leviathan. They probably just just figured Cloud and Knight were two separate people working for the same goal.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't be so quick to say that just because they saved yuujin, doesn't mean there's a cliffhanger. A couple episodes back we did see Yuujin on what appeared to be an operating table with Knight questioning why Leviathan hasn't killed him yet. That alone tells us Leviathan probably wanted the applidrivers to save him or have him back or whatever.

Them not figuring out that Knight was Cloud is your usual, "obvious to the viewers, not so obvious to the characters living it" scenery, so I'm not too shocked there. They knew Knight worked for Leviathan, they knew Cloud too worked for leviathan, and odds are they thought many at L corp worked for Leviathan. They probably just just figured Cloud and Knight were two separate people working for the same goal.

Fair. I just want to see more of stuff revolving around Yuujin since he's so far been the most interesting in the last 30 seconds of most episodes, but I'm sure that'll wrap up soon. I am impatient haha that's all

Yeah I totally agree -- it seems obvious to viewers that Knight and Cloud are the same but that's cause we're viewers haha

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The show didn't even make a pretense of concealing from the viewers that Knight was Cloud. I don't think the characters themselves were utterly shocked or anything, just mildly surprised. Given the way Tei delivered his line, I'm not sure he was surprised at all.

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I just finished the season! Man, that was an intense ride, especially the last few episodes had my anxiety running off charts as well as my heart breaking for Haru multiple times and wanting to cheer for Eri trying to punch/kick him (she failed epically but it's the thought that counts ne?). But the whole season was amazing. Haru was a very relatable character. I feel he is very similar to Taiki but with actual flaws that end up backfiring. Haru is what Taiki should have been. A gentle, kinder goggle head who brings his team together and makes them strong enough to stand strong even in his absence. Rei is hands down the best lone wolf ever (cold, calculating, intelligent yet immensely loyal). Sorry Matt, you ended up fighting Tai and doing some unforgivable things. Ken, you were cute and a good best friend but way too whiny at times (I still love you). Rika, you were cool but you became a damsel once Ryo appeared. Koji, you were cool for the most part so you can still be second best. Thomas, you sucked. Rei did not have to betray Haru to save Hajime. Kiriha...do I even need to say it? Worst loner ever. Sorry for all the Rei rambling but yeah I loved the whole season. I'm glad I kept with it and I would advise everyone to watch it. I love all the characters - even Yuujin redeemed himself in my eyes.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well glad you think that. Of course once you watched it, it helped your opinion. Which makes sense.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really liked appmon too! Now it is in my top 3 digimon seasons:)
Also I've heard from people that Appmon merchandise sales have been really bad in Japan. Can someone confirm it?

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Appmon is like the only season where I don't have any characters that I don't like. Sure, Yuujin is my least favourite of the lot but that's just that I find the other four much more interesting.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I consider Appmons one of the better (if not the best) Digimon seasons. I really liked how Yuujin was spying the team, how Leviathan was able to come with such complicated plan, and even successfully made it happen, and generally that the series ended in a semi happy ending. What was pretty nice to see was that tormenting the protagonists was required by the master plan, and Yuujin didn't do that because he liked tormenting Haru, but because he needed Haru to awaken his hidden god powers.

All in all, I think Appmons were a small masterpiece.

DigitalJex

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I adored the show starting out, but lost interest after 20-something episodes, and stopped watching by ep34. Since it was posted to Crunchyroll, I ended my two year hiatus to finish the show. Absolutely did not like it.

Too many unimportant villains/Leviathan underlings, discarded plot points, the vast amount of filler episodes (especially in the latter part of the season), the entire android thing - Appmon was a mess.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been watching it since the official sub came out and I'm about halfway through now. I've really fallen for it! I love the characters and I think the series feels no different than any other Digimon series. Haru's such a great main character! The story's gotten increasingly better and I'm excited to see what happens as we get into the real heart of the anime.

derekpittx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got to wondering, how did the appli drives get to the machines? It almost seems as if they were pre-fabricated, placed by somebody deliberately. stream videos on tubemate apk

Last edited:

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume they were planted there by Minerva/Grandpa Shinkai by pulling strings in the Digital Space.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or by Leviathan considering how she needed Haru to reach his God level.

KH1999

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i really miss appmon (even if almost everyone one hated it in the latino fandom) it was a harmless and funny show