Appmon General Thoughts

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OHhhhh...
You think you're getting a brand new episode?

April Fool's!

It's a recap!

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was already announced.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know. I'm just thinking that's what the execution is going to be.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are Ultimate Appmon Perfect-equivalent or Mega-equivalent? I initially assumed it was Perfect, but Globemon does seems extremely powerful, and someone on YouTube mentioned they were meant to be Mega-level.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering that there are four Appmon grades and four Digimon levels above Baby, I think it's safe to assume that Ultimate-grade Appmon are equivalent to Perfect-level Digimon.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering that there are four Appmon grades and four Digimon levels above Baby, I think it's safe to assume that Ultimate-grade Appmon are equivalent to Perfect-level Digimon.
That was my assumption too. I didn't give the YouTube comment much thought until I saw Globemon accidentally cut an entire city in half. Though so far, he comes off considerably more powerful than his Ultimate peers.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we could call Ultimate-grade appmons an Ultimate level, and God-grade a Super Ultimate level.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we could call Ultimate-grade appmons an Ultimate level, and God-grade a Super Ultimate level.
It's probably more likely that Globemon is exceptionally strong for his grade, like how HolyAngemon was insanely powerful for a perfect level

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Globemon is just fueled by protagonist powers! (I love how this is an actual thing in Appmon)

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's probably more likely that Globemon is exceptionally strong for his grade, like how HolyAngemon was insanely powerful for a perfect level
That isn't really the case given that both Oujamon and the sixth ranger Revivemon has higher power level than him and there wasn't a mention of him being stronger than any of the other Ultimate, it just that he was the main character that he has the most showing and the latest episode also has him
completely curbstomped by Satellamon
And in the manga
Shutmon was able to defeat both Dantemon and Warudamon from some of the scan I see.
Globemon wasn't even a top dog compared to those two.

Also, my thought after seeing the Appmon manga: Shutmon is more furry bait than even Renamon.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^If you're talking about chapter 7 of the manga,
all Shutmon did was cut Warudamon's controlling strings, Dantemon and Warudamon are still there
. Dantemon definitely seems a whole lot stronger than other regular ultimates at least.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I marathoned Appmon yesterday- I watched episodes 6 to 27 in one sitting, skipping 26 since it was a recap episode- and I really enjoyed it! I found myself laughing a lot, the characters are all likable, and I'm very interested to see where the story is headed! Anyway, I was thinking about how one of the writers or something said that the characters' names are references to artificial intelligence, and I've been trying to figure out what they are. Ai is obvious, Haru comes from Hal from 2001: A Space Odyssey, Watson is IBM's famous supercomputer that won Jeopardy, and Yuujin I think may be a reference to the chatbot Eugene Goostman that (supposedly) beat the Turing Test. I don't yet know what Rei, Eri, and Astra might come from.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... just from what you posted, I'd guess that Eri is a reference to Ellie, the first AI that supposed to fake empathy. https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/robots-are-learning-to-fake-empathy

It's possibly a stretch, but... ASTRA is the acronym for the Alliance for Science & Technology Research in America. They cover topics like Artificial Intelligence, so it could be just that simple.

I can't prove it, but I suspect that Rei and Hajime are just a reference to Zero and One (binary code that we're all familiar with).

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like those theories, they sound good!

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow that's awesome. I knew about Rei and Hajime being the binary code, and Ai being artificial intelligence, but I had no idea of the others

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be crazy if it was true. Though I'm not so sure about it. But it's as good as any theory though.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After a quick trip to wikipedia, ASTRA is also broadcasting software and nuke launching program?

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Potential fridge horror:

Physical matter can be changed into data.
The reverse is also true.
The L Virus can infect "data" humans.

What would happen if the L virus were made physical?