Applimonsters Preview Thread (contains spoilers)

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The animation for the ending song really looks like the old school Digital World to me, and since they keep showing Haru and Gatchmon there, I suspect we will eventually see a Digital World along those lines after perhaps going "through" the Net Ocean?

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The animation for the ending song really looks like the old school Digital World to me, and since they keep showing Haru and Gatchmon there, I suspect we will eventually see a Digital World along those lines after perhaps going "through" the Net Ocean?
Maybe the 'Digital World' that the Appmon live in is inside of the Net Ocean itself, kind of like how in Tamers, when Takato and Henry went into the ocean world and there were other dimensions or areas within it, like the giant library Shibumi was living in. I thought the same thing, when I saw the ending, Haru and Gatchmon are definitely in the Digital World.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the 'Digital World' that the Appmon live in is inside of the Net Ocean itself, kind of like how in Tamers, when Takato and Henry went into the ocean world and there were other dimensions or areas within it, like the giant library Shibumi was living in. I thought the same thing, when I saw the ending, Haru and Gatchmon are definitely in the Digital World.
This is covered in the third Tri movie
Where Homeostasis talks about the "Quantum Sea" from where other "quantized worlds" are made. Highly likely that the Digital World, Shibumi's library those other dimensions, and Appmon world are all from that sea

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where Homeostasis talks about the "Quantum Sea" from where other "quantized worlds" are made. Highly likely that the Digital World, Shibumi's library those other dimensions, and Appmon world are all from that sea
It's still too soon to be optimistic about any crossover statements from that kind of expositions. Different Parts of the franchise can use similar terms to describe different things. Only because in both cases they are using the term "ocean" does not mean that it's the same thing. The Net Ocean in Appmon could have nothing to do with any quantum information, the whole quantum ocean origin could be exclusive to the worlds featured in Adventure tri.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's still too soon to be optimistic about any crossover statements from that kind of expositions. Different Parts of the franchise can use similar terms to describe different things. Only because in both cases they are using the term "ocean" does not mean that it's the same thing. The Net Ocean in Appmon could have nothing to do with any quantum information, the whole quantum ocean origin could be exclusive to the worlds featured in Adventure tri.
True, true, but I wasn't suggesting a crossover, per se, but that they might all be related. Also, it should be noted the full title of the series is Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New VAs announced. Well, more like new roles, since only one actor is new.

Cookmon will be voiced by Hitoshi Bifu, who's already voicing the Caught-Up Old Man and voiced the Evil Daikan in episode 5.
Kosomon will be voiced by Sho Yamamoto, who still has no Wikipedia article. If you look for "山本翔" in Wikipedia, you'll only find a baseball player and a rock singer. However, he has an article on Enpedia, which covers many VAs Wikipedia doesn't cover yet.
Reviewmon will be voiced by Shinya Takahashi. Shinya Takahashi is already voicing Kenta, and had some minor roles (Caster, Clerk, Host) in the series as well.

Reviewmon and Kosomon together just screams Gossipmon.
Also, if you look at the screenshots, you can notice that Gatchmon and Sakushimon have similar faces. On October, someone pointed out in Baidu thread that the official artworks of Gatchmon and Sakushimon show similar poses (look at the post with their pictures). I didn't think anything about it back then other than the poses being similar to parallel enemies or something. But now that I'm looking at them close, both have pale skin, white hair, yellow eyes, and similar facial structure. What if there's some Kingdom Hearts style foreshadowing here? Could Sakushimon also be a Gatchmon?
It certainly would be interesting if a Digimon series had a main villain evolving from the same species as the protagonist, although next 0rder already did that with Omegamon Alter-B.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode 12 is titled "サクシモン 超アプリンクで 打ち破れ!", which I translated to "Break Up Sakushimon's Super App Fusion!"

THIS is going to be an interesting episode.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode 12 is titled "サクシモン 超アプリンクで 打ち破れ!", which I translated to "Break Up Sakushimon's Super App Fusion!"

THIS is going to be an interesting episode.
Yeah it will be. Also we will get some more infos about Rei and his brother, which i find interesting too

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where Rei and his brother at some kind of funeral? Rei was carrying an umbrella as if it were raining and the two were wearing tuxedos or black suits. Maybe their parents died? That scene reminded me a bit of the scene with Kiriha from Xros Wars when his mother died. My guess is Rei is searching for his brother, like Nene was when she was searching for Yuu, and he wants to beat Leviathan. Sure Leviathan has something to do with his brother.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really should stop watching the preview at the end of the episodes xD I am too excited for the next episode x.x

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really should stop watching the preview at the end of the episodes xD I am too excited for the next episode x.x
XD

Yeah, I can't wait for next week myself. Can't wait to see who the two fused guys are.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New role announced.

Hajime Katsura will be voiced by Inori Minase, who also voices Arisu Mashiro.

By the way, the episode's title is actually "Defeat Sakusimon with a Super Applink". So the title is actually saying we'll an Applink between two Super Appmon, and, considering the preview shows Haru holding Raidramon's Chip, suggests we'll see DoGatchmon plus Raidramon. Thinking about it, it makes sense we're Super Applinks before Ultimate forms, since we also saw Applink before App Fusion.

Speaking of which, some time they announced more cards for the Card Game, and among those are DoGatchmon plus Raidramon, Mediamon plus Dosukomon, and Scorpmon plus Rocketmon. DoGatchmon plus Raidramon has Raidramon's swings and a Keyblade sword that looks like a pin tumbler lock key, probably as a reference to chryptography.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, those Special AppLinks are pretty awesome! I dig the Scopemon+Rocketmon one!

YukiGreymon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems reasonable that those ones will also appear in the anime, which means Cameramon continues to be relevant. I like him more than Mienumon and Sakusimon. And I keep waiting for the show to reveal that the way each episode starts with a satellite zooming in, is actually Cameramon.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watchmon + Calendarmon -> Timemon
Gatchmon + Navimon -> DoGatchmon
Timemon + DoGatchmon -> Globemon

I don't know if we're going to see him next week, but it's a possibility.

But, assuming Yuujin gets Calendarmon, that would mean he has two Supers before Haru.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Btw guys, one question...
One Piece and Dragonball Super will have break for two weeks after the episodes next week...will Digimon have a break too then?

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it's likely. With the Blu ray release dates being divided in four 13 episode arcs and the new ending confirmed for january it makes sense that the 14th episode will be the first one with the new ending, so that leaves at least one week without episodes.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Btw guys, one question...
One Piece and Dragonball Super will have break for two weeks after the episodes next week...will Digimon have a break too then?
One Piece and Dragon Ball Super air on Fuji TV and Digimon: Universe Appmon airs on TV Tokyo, so I don't think so. Breaks in between shows are not very common in Japan.