I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my eyes are full of tears

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man... Leviathan died, but so did Minerva.

It seems that artificial intelligence, in of itself, is not "true" immortality: you still have a physical "body" that can "die".

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It sounded like they said Denemon was App-Realized. So maybe they can bring people back to life from data or something? As for Yujin, there's any number of ways they could have brought him back (if he is back). Transfer his data, App-Realize him as a real boy, or just make a new model and program it accordingly.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They must have had some way to bring people back to life from data, seeing as how they were able to bring all of humanity back.

By the way, am I the only one strongly reminded of Tamers with that ending? Like it seems they're both similarly open-ended as to whether or not Haru/Takato will actually ever see Yuujin/Guilmon again. Maybe we'll get a dubiously-canonical movie where Yuujin is back and everyone's happy again, and then later an audio drama that contradicts that.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Yuujin, no life!

How much I would want Yuujin to stay alive, it makes more sense if he died. Nobody, but Haru, would trust him anymore.

But yeah, if they wanted that, they easily could bring back another copy of him, after all he was manufactured. Wonder, if his "mother" would want him back too.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Somebody should make a pol asking people if they think Yuujin is alive or if it's just a hallucination. I am generally curious. No matter where I go on I run into people believing both sides

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not going to think anything until I get a translation. I would like to think Yujin didn't come back, and certainly him just randomly showing up would be the least likely way for him to return.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks to me like Haru was dreaming. I mean, he was literally at a table full of books studying about AI so he could figure out how to bring Yuujin back. I think the implication is he fell asleep studying and dreamed about his goal.

Also, can we talk about how awesome it is that Digimon did a season that averts the now-traditional ending of "And we had to leave our partners behind for the good of both worlds"? We haven't had that since... 02?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, Appmon is basically ripping the premise of Hunters and doing it correctly anyway.

Makes sense they'd rip the only interesting part of the ending from it, too.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And so we had our finale at long last.
Ever since Yuujin got that question "Would you give your life for a friend" was just obvious that was bound to happen. We all knew that, he was going to be the first main character to die onscreen.
I'm a bit disappointed how so many questions, stated here by some members, got never answered but the franchise tends to do that right?
But I'm genuinely surprised Offmon managed to survive. I really thought he was going to perish alongside Yuujin but for the fact he was still stuck inside Levianthan (saw the glowing orbs in the dragon head, as sign he and Deusmon were still there) but though it was a pity he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Yuujin, I kinda think the animators ended up doing him a favor.
Who knows what he would have done. Both he and his 3DS counterpart went to real extreme crazy measures out of love for their partners.
It was cute to see apparently Haru is now fostering him.

This series was great.
I loved it. I never loved a digimon season before, just watched cuz boredom or cuz popular and wanted something to talk about besides pokemon in my childhood but it never went through me because back then never had a favorite character to be attached to. Errr kinda takes me to get that to ever want to stick around (many other people think the same) so thus why I'm not a digimon fan.

Yes, Appmon is digimon. It was born from digimon. It is part of it. Although it was still its own thing, it's almost independent, because it has its own set of separate digital monsters with very little in common with digimon themselves. Thus why gives me the right to say, yes, Appmon did win me over but digimon did not.

And so exactly for that reason I'm here now to say goodbye to this community.

It was a great run but now it has ended. I'm not done with my art contributions, actually probably it's the real deal now I'm free to let my own artistic license run wild without my own brain judging me but as this forum is mostly for discussions and talk about the future of digimon, which I have no interest, my time here is over.
Despite the few harsh times in this topic I'm glad managed to genuinely love one small part of the franchise.

If ever Appmon gets some sort of continuity I'll be happy to come back.
But for the time being, everyone take care, best luck for the future and have fun!
I hope digimon can live on for many years for your never ending enjoyment!
Farewell!!

Last edited:

Nukara

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ending touched, as there is no translation, I still did not understand why Haru and others disappeared bracelets? But the most important thing is what happened with Yuujin, if before I was sure that he was dead, now I'm not. As far as I understood the ending is open and there is no exact answer to the question. But still I'm inclined to the fact that he is alive, I think this is what the creators wanted to convey. (Well, it's just that Yuujin and Haru promised each other to come again to that festival.)
And yet I'm interested, but do you think he's alive or not? For everything is ambiguous. While there are no English subtitles, this can not be exactly understood. P.S
Sorry for my English.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About Yuujin being in the ending scene..there's nothing that subs will tell you, the ending was definitely meant to be ambiguous on whether he really did come back. I'm interpreting it as a hallucination/dream sequence myself.
I cried at the part where Yuujin made the choice for Haru though, how it all goes back to his Minerva question. I liked how Haru made up his mind on becoming an AI researcher so he could bring Yuujin back.

Anyway..the fight scene was really cool, and I really love how they ended everything off. I'm so glad they could stay with their partners!
Thanks Appmon for this wonderful year ;v; (I hope we don't have to wait another 4 years or something for the next Digimon series. haha)
It'll take a while for me to formulate everything into words but I just want to thank Appmon for being a great show and everyone for being around to discuss it with. I'm glad to have been able to draw so much fanart and help with translating various little bits.
thank you!!! (throwing this here too)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, for those who speak japanese, what is the choice Leviathan gave Haru exactly,?

Nukara

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if Yuujin did not really return at the end of the episode, sincerely wish Haru to fulfill his dreams. Hopefully one day Haru and his friends somewhere will emerge. Maybe in a crossover like Xros Wars. It would be nice.
About Yuujin being in the ending scene..there's nothing that subs will tell you, the ending was definitely meant to be ambiguous on whether he really did come back. I'm interpreting it as a hallucination/dream sequence myself.
I cried at the part where Yuujin made the choice for Haru though, how it all goes back to his Minerva question. I liked how Haru made up his mind on becoming an AI researcher so he could bring Yuujin back.

Anyway..the fight scene was really cool, and I really love how they ended everything off. I'm so glad they could stay with their partners!
Thanks Appmon for this wonderful year ;v; (I hope we don't have to wait another 4 years or something for the next Digimon series. haha)
It'll take a while for me to formulate everything into words but I just want to thank Appmon for being a great show and everyone for being around to discuss it with. I'm glad to have been able to draw so much fanart and help with translating various little bits.
thank you!!! (throwing this here too)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, for those who speak japanese, what is the choice Leviathan gave Haru exactly,?
The choice is whether to stop Leviathan; he can either choose Yes, resulting in Yuujin's death, or No, resulting in Yuujin not dying.
Haru decided to choose Yes, stating that he would become an AI researcher in the future and bring Yuujin back, but Yuujin stopped Haru at the last moment and made the choice for him (so Haru doesn't have to shoulder the burden of having made the choice).

Nukara

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And what does Haru say at the very end? (In the moment where Yuujin appears to appear) I just do not know Japanese
The choice is whether to stop Leviathan; he can either choose Yes, resulting in Yuujin's death, or No, resulting in Yuujin not dying.
Haru decided to choose Yes, stating that he would become an AI researcher in the future and bring Yuujin back, but Yuujin stopped Haru at the last moment and made the choice for him (so Haru doesn't have to shoulder the burden of having made the choice).

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^The whole stretch? I can't load the ep now but it was something about Yuujin being the first AI to befriend a human, and Leviathan realising the unpredictability of humans and seeing their potential.
Just wait for subs if you want something more proper haha (just to reiterate, there is nothing that confirms whether the Yuujin at the end is real or not. it's an ambiguous ending.)

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's interesting indeed, but if Haru claims his will to become an IA researcher in the future in order to make Yuujin come back to life as his toy boy, then it's safe to assume Yuujin is gone for good, at least for now. I think that the main ambiguity here is to know if Haru will be able to achieve this purpose at some point. That said, I can perfectly see room for a potential sequel. Appmon has more similarities with Tamers than it seems on the surface.

Vice

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been a very very long time since we've got two new episodes of Digimon in the same day, all I can say about this ending is it was beautiful. I'm looking forward to watching this again when the sub comes out.