AppliMonsters Episode 52: Our Singularity

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 52: Our Singularity

Episode thread for Episode 52 and the last one in the current series.

Air Time:
Saturday 30th September - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 30th September - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 29th September - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 29th September - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 52 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:41pm Pacific, 9/29/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... How was it? Is it satisfying for a season finale?

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe this was just because of my connection, but shipviathan was too quickly destroyed, also i don't think i saw Rebootmon (what's the purpose of making him appear with 4 other kamis on that poster then?).
Need subs to understand lots of talking for second half.
The ending was kinda open ended since no sign the appmons need to be separated from their buddy. Still, poor Offmon though, no Yuujin.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Yuujin is dead?

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how we got a tiny glimpse of Knight even if it was just for a split second and from behind. I couldn't believe they had both the opening and Haru's character some play dring the episode. So beatiful. I really want to know what happened in that ending. Clearly yuujin died in every sense of the word... but when we are shown the aftermath of the series he's shown walking down the stairs saying Haru's name as if he's alive? I don't get it. Offmon is shown even being with Haru since Yuujn isn't around. Him coming back as a human doesn't make any sense and him being a robot is sad in itself because he's an immortal robot who will never Maybe it'll make sense when the subs come out.

All in all though, think this is my 2nd favorite digimon ending right behind Tamers. I was surprised to find myself on the verge of tears when Yuujin died and I had a huge smile on my face seeing everyone succeeding in their lives in the epilogue. Very beautifully done. I don't think I could have asked for a better ending.

Edit: I almost want to say that Yuujin did die and the final scene was just Haru hallucinating for the sole fact that the background was painted all cloudy and dreamy like and he was looking longingly at a picture of Yuujin on his phone. And it would make more sense than Yuujin coming back to life for some mysterious unexplained reason

Last edited:

Stu_23

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I don't speak a word of Japanese but going by the last scene... Yujin walked down some stairs after he died, much to Haru's delight. No idea what the context is though. From what I gather, Leviathan was dying and transferred himself into Yujin and maybe Yujin came back.... since Den'emon came back as well upon the world being saved.

But no Appmon's going bye-bye at the end which is a positive and only a small time skip it seems with everyone doing their own thing.

Needs subs of course though.

Now give me a sequel damnit!

Last edited:

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For sure, I also will wait for the subs to see the context of the last scene.
It looked like Haru was daydreaming, and then we see a text in a white screen mentioning the year 2045, and then the Yes / No buttons appear on the screen.

But hey, humans are ok...
Denemon was brought back to life. In Haru's time, he's like... over 100 y/o?
Bootmon appeared one last time.
And Offmon is with Haru now.

It was a nice ending overall. I'm pleased. :D

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God damn it! Appmon just finished without a hint of a Season 2 and tri. is about to end! Don't do this to me!
Now, prepare for a wall of text!

When I learnt about Appmon I was between "wat" and "You have to be kidding me ¬_¬", however, as time passed. I started looking foward to the series, not to mention that DiVE!! is a hell of a song. So I watched the first episode, and, while I thought it had some overdramatic and childish moments, I really liked it and started following the series from start to end.

In fact, I followed this series from start to end, however, there are some salty complaints:
  • They never revealed who AppFused Cameramon and Mienumon. Was it Knight? Was it Yuujin? It seems that unfortunately the most plausible explanation it's that it's just a representation of AppLinking. (But didn't Gatching say that the only way to AppLink is with an App Drive, or is my memory failing
  • They never showed how did Rei knew about Mailmon being a 7code. Maybe because of his super duper h4x0r powers?
  • While Rei used that Active command thingy to activate Raidramon's chip, the others never really use it to form their Super chips, even though the God Appmon were formed throught that same method (Altrough it may be because it's Rei Frikin' Katsura and he seems to be the most experienced)
  • Back in Ep12 they showed a livestream of Hajime crying, but wasn't Hajime working on Bootmon when they were fighting Sakushimon?
  • Ep14 was only used to show Coachmon at the last minute.
    • Ep28 was only used to show Yuujin's mom and her relation with the glowing eyes.
    • Ep46 was only used to show Yuujin's red eyes.
  • Why did Doskomon's Chip got active in Ep15?
  • Pretty much everything about the first arc is rendered worthless. I wanted my Dantemon and Dark Web;_;
  • Ep29 and 30 could be used on other things besides showcasing the Appmon's relationships, althrough it maaay be to stall Shutmon's debut.
  • They never showed Astra and Eri's Super/Ultimate Appliarise sequence.
    • They never showed Raidramon's normal AppFusion
    • They never showed a proper God Appliarise sequence at all.
    • They never showed the DUO Super Appliarise sequence.
    • No Logamon, No Life.
  • BE MY LIGHT should have played more. (It only plays on SEVEN EPISODES)
  • They never showed what was of L-Town.
  • Ep37 had Namek time
  • Ep40 was kinda rushed.
  • We never know how did the Ultimate 4 chips got activated and what happened to Knighto-sama.
  • Ep44-45 were kinda filler-y IMO
  • Ep47 should've had a different name for the shock value.
  • Sheviathan isn't a thing
  • Rebootmon needed more screen time.
  • This series doesn't have a Season 2 ;_;
But even with all of this, I still loved this series and right now I feel empty... Something that will worsen when tri. ends (Waiting 3 frikin' years to watch your favorite show end will be more painful. I guarentee it!)

Now, into the episode itself:
  • THEY USED GATCHEN!!
  • It wasn't an Overdrive, It was just Minerva powering the God Appmon.
  • My boy Haru is a BADASS
  • Leviatank went down in just the first half? At least we get shown some A.I. stuff then.
    • We need subs for that Dark Web part
    • THEY SHOWED AFRO-SAN
  • Yuujin's death almost made me cry ;_;
  • WAS THAT WHITE HAIRED BOY KNIGHT?! Please tell that it's Knight.
  • That ending was quite heartwarming!
  • NO SEASON 2 ;_;
Next week, Appmon it's going to be replaced by some TV-Tokyo stuff, and probably MLP:FiM Season 3 after that so... Who wants to become a brony?
Thank you for reading this long post m(_ _)m
It's been a hell of a ride!

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For sure, I also will wait for the subs to see the context of the last scene.
It looked like Haru was daydreaming, and then we see a text in a white screen mentioning the year 2045, and then the Yes / No buttons appear on the screen.

But hey, humans are ok...
Denemon was brought back to life. In Haru's time, he's like... over 100 y/o?
Bootmon appeared one last time.
And Offmon is with Haru now.

It was a nice ending overall. I'm pleased. :D
Wait a sec, Yujin came back to life, but it was all a dream of Haru? WHAT?

By the way, does anyone know the meaning of the final text?

• No Logamon, No Life.
I'm totally feeling you bro ;)

Last edited:

Fontes

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait a sec, Yujin came back to life, but it was all a dream of Haru? WHAT?

By the way, does anyone know the meaning of the final text?
There were 2 final texts, the first one was the usual "On 2045 AI will dominate, etc" and the second was "Are you a Protagonist? Yes/No"

• No Logamon, No Life.
Also the "Appmon Chip, Ready!" part of the Duo for both Eri and Astra were never shown full screen. They always had to share with each other or other characters. :/

I need subtitles to understand that final part. Ugh! Dx

I won't lie, cried my eyes out. And i'm feeling so empty now. I trully love this show. :/ Didn't keep any high hopes for a continuation, but I still had that 1% of hope, I mean, the VA's mentioned wanting a second season and Dokamon's said there was going to be one.

• No Logamon, No Life.
Also the "Appmon Chip, Ready!" part of the Duo for both Eri and Astra were never shown full screen. They always had to share with each other or other characters. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuzehiko

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good episode but they finished off the series upon a plothole which is disappointing. Yuujin wasn't supposed to pop out behind Haru but he did, how do they explain that? I guess I will also have to wait for the subs but it will still be a plothole.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good episode but they finished off the series upon a plothole which is disappointing. Yuujin wasn't supposed to pop out behind Haru but he did, how do they explain that? I guess I will also have to wait for the subs but it will still be a plothole.
There are some Japanese fans claiming on Twitter that what Haru sees by the end of the episode is more like an illusion or a wishful thinking than Yujin actually coming back to life (see the blurriness and the light play during the scene). So yes, probably Yujin R.I.P. ...

Ps. Remember Koichi in Digimon Frontier, he was clearly shown to be miraculously revived by Ophanimon right before the epilogue.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How did Yuujin died? Is there any part of his body left? Because if there is any, it could easily be tranferred to another body.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't understand japanese so this is just my assumption. Take it with a grain of salt but from the looks of it, Yuujin was connected to Leviathan and if either died, the other would too. So to defeat Leviathen for good yuujin had to die.

Kuzehiko

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are some Japanese fans claiming on Twitter that what Haru sees by the end of the episode is more like an illusion or a wishful thinking than Yujin actually coming back to life (see the blurriness and the light play during the scene). So yes, probably Yujin R.I.P. ...

Ps. Remember Koichi in Digimon Frontier, he was clearly shown to be miraculously revived by Ophanimon right before the epilogue.
Well, it would make sense if it is just an illusion or thought from Haru... Btw, Koichi was a human and getting revived by a miracle still makes sense because he is a human being and such thing works but Yuujin was a cyborg, robot instead. It wasn't alive and that's where difference lies...

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What define being 'alive'? Even if he wasn't really alive, one of the cast literally has the ability to restore anything into it's previous form(Revivemon) and the gods appmon made Revivemon look like ant, if there is any plothole it is why the Gods didn't just revive or transfer Yuujin to another created body.

Last edited:

educhavez

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
maybe yuujin was attached to leviathan.

so reviving yuujin would imply reviving leviathan.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
TV Tokyo link added to the first post.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally finish the episode, yeah that definitely dream. Yuujin body still in Dark Web it seemed, probably need sub for explanation.
Poor Denemon get Apprealized and have real world logic applied over him, now he can't enjoy being immortal anymore.