AppliMonsters Episode 51: An Artificial Intelligence's Dream

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru went from being a scared little pussy who didn't want to fight Messemon in episode 1 to being a fearless hero who climbed to the top of Tokyo's highest building to help save the world, great character development imo. Sad that this series has to come to an end next week, it was getting quite interesting and I feel that there a lot of unanswered questions still oh well.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was there an explanation about why Hajime doesn't become app?

Looking at that doggo, i wonder what's Leviathan plan for non-human lifeform...
Hajime is protected by the room, which has been protecting him all this time from leviathan getting to him again.
Maybe Leviathan purposely didn't want Hajime inside her. .
Now I'm imagining Leviathan telling Hajime to "take responsibility".
At least Leviathan knows Hajime is a smart kid and won't try avoid taking responsibility by saying it's not his, it's someone's else, probably Yuujin's given their close relationship, or something like that ;).

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It look like they have a quarrel though, Bootmon, the product of their relation has become the victim of the said fragile relationship, now Hajime and Leviathan is fighting over him, poor Bootmon being raised in broken home.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just watched the sub, and first of all, I have to admit that the episode is way way better when you understand what they are talking about. Even the jokes are neater.

Anyways, I think I didn't understand the part about how the 5 main Appmon Buddies were chosen by Leviathan? It was some kind of elite contest?

Also, the sacrifice of Offmon was really heartbreaking...after all the suffering he has gone through, he still cares about Yuujin, and that's touching.

It was hard for the Appli Drivers to find out that everything was scripted by their biggest enemy since the very beginning...I don't think we have ever had such a shocking revelation of this kind in Digimon before, did we? The closest I can think of is the DigiQuartz in Digimon Hunters, but I'm not sure if it can be exactly considered as the same scenario.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if it also part of the plan to draw Minerva out of her hiding place?

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyways, I think I didn't understand the part about how the 5 main Appmon Buddies were chosen by Leviathan? It was some kind of elite contest?
I believe that was a reference to evolutionary algorithms. One of my favorite things about Appmon is all the references to actual AI theory. I don't think the topic has been discussed in such detail before in Digimon, which is a little surprising considering it's kind of the basis of the whole franchise.

Eitaroutarouman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I was assuming they referring to the Cyber Arena.

...Though I guess Cyber Arena could be a metaphor for that.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's possible too I guess! I wouldn't know though, never played the game :p

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch the sub.
...I wonder if this is another foreshadowing in BML,
Wake me up! Are you ready?
A sensational play that pulls you in so hard,
Even a clairvoyant would be distracted
Like if the Clairvoyant is actually referring to Leviathan.
Also, the irony of Leviathan being vulnurable in physical form.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm confused, who chose Gatchmon and the others? Levianthan?
Hum but who did the applidrivers was Minerva. And they were linked to their human partners and those applidrivers before to even meet them. Gatchmon and Hackmon were fighting against Levianthan in their own way prior to that so guess they were simply acting without possibly knowing it was all according with its will.
Kinda sad we never learned the Appmon partners' previous life before to become their buddies, all we got is some clear hints from Offmon's past. That would be interesting if we could about the others as well.

But now we think about it, indeed the Applidrivers got a lot easily handed. Since I only watched starting the second half plus several clips from a youtube account, the enemies were unknowingly being used so they could evolve further. Such as far as I know:

-> Satellamon was commissioned by Levianthan to hunt down the applidrivers when actually he was being used for the solo objective so Offmon would evolve into Shutmon again and overcome his issues.
-> The Ultim4te were used so the applidrivers could power up into DUO (as without that the time limit would be a constant and probably the god grade would get that drag) and then defeat them and get their clips, what takes for god grade.
-> Hajime was intentionally released from Levianthan so his brother and the others could wake him and make possible to track Bootmon, which even the A.I couldn't accomplish, so it decided to let them to do it, as Yuujin was with them.

TheCyberSleuth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess there's no hope for them to reveal who has the black appli drive so we can just assume it was Cloud/Knight. Speaking of Knight, do you actually think he'll never come back? We don't really have much time for it. Is he dead? Still kind of hoping for him to come back last minute with a god appmon (sort of like Ryo did in that one Tamers episode except that wasn't last minute) but I don't know if he will. Wonder if he's just living inside the AR field trying to better himself or something.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it appears Minerva was in slumber all the time, and everything - including choosing the kids, giving them Appmons and AppliDrivers, AppliDrivers themselves, Yuujin getting his DUO &c. - was planned by Leviathan all along.

Hum but who did the applidrivers was Minerva. And they were linked to their human partners and those applidrivers before to even meet them. Gatchmon and Hackmon were fighting against Levianthan in their own way prior to that so guess they were simply acting without possibly knowing it was all according with its will.
Kinda sad we never learned the Appmon partners' previous life before to become their buddies, all we got is some clear hints from Offmon's past. That would be interesting if we could about the others as well.
I don't think the Appmons previously had any partners. In fact now I doubt it was Minerva who created Appmons (considering that Denemon died some longer time ago, and back then Appmons did not exist, and all this time Minerva was sleeping). I think Appmons were created by Leviathan herself as well, but some of them (the "winners') got their memory hacked and some extra data planted inside them. So Haru could meet Gatchmon and learn about Leviathan (up to this point he didn't know about her), as well as Rei could learn who kidnapped his brother, and fight back. Dokamon and Musicmon probably were altered too, but to a smaller degree (for example to be more faithful to their partners, unlike Gatchmon who got angry at Haru several times, and Hackmon who was not really interested in helping Rei at first). About Offmon, maybe he didn't have any past as well. Maybe again that bad memories were planted into him, so he could seek a friend whom he would not abandon no matter what. He needed his tragic past for that, because otherwise he could leave Yuujin.

But I must admit that "Erabareshi Kodomotachi" coming from Leviathan's mouth and commending the kids for attaining their Kami Appmons has a much deeper meaning now. After all she literally choose them, and she literally wanted them to attain their Kami Appmons..

About that "black AppliDriver", I think it could be Leviathan herself.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it appears Minerva was in slumber all the time, and everything - including choosing the kids, giving them Appmons and AppliDrivers, AppliDrivers themselves, Yuujin getting his DUO &c. - was planned by Leviathan all along.

I don't think the Appmons previously had any partners. In fact now I doubt it was Minerva who created Appmons (considering that Denemon died some longer time ago, and back then Appmons did not exist, and all this time Minerva was sleeping). I think Appmons were created by Leviathan herself as well, but some of them (the "winners') got their memory hacked and some extra data planted inside them. So Haru could meet Gatchmon and learn about Leviathan (up to this point he didn't know about her), as well as Rei could learn who kidnapped his brother, and fight back. Dokamon and Musicmon probably were altered too, but to a smaller degree (for example to be more faithful to their partners, unlike Gatchmon who got angry at Haru several times, and Hackmon who was not really interested in helping Rei at first). About Offmon, maybe he didn't have any past as well. Maybe again that bad memories were planted into him, so he could seek a friend whom he would not abandon no matter what. He needed his tragic past for that, because otherwise he could leave Yuujin.

But I must admit that "Erabareshi Kodomotachi" coming from Leviathan's mouth and commending the kids for attaining their Kami Appmons has a much deeper meaning now. After all she literally choose them, and she literally wanted them to attain their Kami Appmons..

About that "black AppliDriver", I think it could be Leviathan herself.
Wow man I couldn't read your theories until the end that almost made me feel bad :3

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You didn't read this one as well? ;) :p

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess there's no hope for them to reveal who has the black appli drive so we can just assume it was Cloud/Knight. Speaking of Knight, do you actually think he'll never come back? We don't really have much time for it. Is he dead? Still kind of hoping for him to come back last minute with a god appmon (sort of like Ryo did in that one Tamers episode except that wasn't last minute) but I don't know if he will. Wonder if he's just living inside the AR field trying to better himself or something.
I'm starting to think that Knight simply killed himself after the defeat of the Ultimate 4. I know this is pretty dark for a kid's show, that's why they would never openly state it, but it would make totally sense. He had lost faith in humanity after the experience he left back with the Application he made, and he was deceived by the only one he could trust in after that, Leviathan. Besides, the words he told to Rei before leaving sounded a lot like that, now that I can think of it twice.

Anyways, I also think he was the Mysterious Appli Driver all that time along. Look how he stared at the chip of Satellamon, and even more importantly, according to Minerva, only the Appli Drivers could see Appmon in the Human World when they are not Appliarised (see Batterimon in ep. 34).

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyways, I also think he was the Mysterious Appli Driver all that time along. Look how he stared at the chip of Satellamon, and even more importantly, according to Minerva, only the Appli Drivers could see Appmon in the Human World when they are not Appliarised (see Batterimon in ep. 34).
If that really was Minerva, and not Leviathan pretending to be Minerva. ;)

TheCyberSleuth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that really was Minerva, and not Leviathan pretending to be Minerva. ;)
Since Minerva was apparently asleep in space this whole time, what we've thought to be Minerva could have just been Leviathan in disguise. Or Minerva wasn't really "sleeping" as Denemon put it, but was just lying in wait while observing/handing out appli drives.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no! Levi got Ai! And her dad! And Haru's Mom! And Astra's parents! ...Oh, and Watson too. But that sure was cool. Haru really showed some apps jumping off like that. Plus Eri actually tried to Dokkan Punch ...Or kick someone. So Levi tried to Darwin all Appmon to get the God Grades? Pretty clever. Shame next week is the finale.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just realize... Yuujin mom also got nommed.