AppliMonsters Episode 50: Bonds of Hope! Haru and Gaiamon!!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 50: Bonds of Hope! Haru and Gaiamon!!

Episode thread for Episode 50

Air Time:
Saturday 16th September - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 16th September - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 15th September - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 15th September - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 50 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:00pm Pacific, 9/15/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • HOLY CRAP WAS THAT THE GIRL FROM EP17?!
  • Poor Eri ;_;
  • Lol, Uranusmon's app is "Arousal"
  • Welp, at least the people know who to root for.
  • Too bad that the Gods get eaten by Leviatank.
  • Haru & Gaiamon sure are badass.
  • My poor Rebootmon got beat the living schiette out :(
  • And they were meters away from Dantemon! They should've shown that guy more.
  • Please don't tell me that next episode is gonna be animated by Mashpotato "Derpy-Styleman" Moai
  • Still, we're gonna get Offmon next week so that's a fair trade.
Is it bad that I like hopeless episodes like this one?

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leviathan is doing the most.
I was not ok when I saw that mother and son... I was not ready for that.
Gaiamon found his way back to the Real World, nice! Rebootmon got punched, also nice!
Haru trusts Gaiamon (I don't even know if he had a plan at that moment), so I wanna see what happens next.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • Lol, Uranusmon's app is "Arousal"
To be fair, Arousal can also mean stimulation in the nonsexual sense which is presumably the meaning the creators were going for. I do like that the spelling being used for Ouranosmon is based on the original Greek name Οὐρανός.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The actual broadcast had the last minute cut off by a Minions commercial...

This episode was just kinda perfunctory. It's like they said "we need fighting in this final battle!" So they made an episode where nothing much happens besides more of what happened last episode.

Luckily, last episode was great, so it was pretty enjoyable still. There's just not much to talk about.

The episode preview shows Ai and her father disappearing into data.

Good job, Appmon, you completely threw away the only other female character in the series... I'd be more angry, but honestly Eri is the best-written female character in the franchise, with only Ruki and Mimi being anywhere close.

Eitaroutarouman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This episode was just kinda perfunctory. It's like they said "we need fighting in this final battle!" So they made an episode where nothing much happens besides more of what happened last episode.

Luckily, last episode was great, so it was pretty enjoyable still. There's just not much to talk about.

The episode preview shows Ai and her father disappearing into data.

Good job, Appmon, you completely threw away the only other female character in the series... I'd be more angry, but honestly Eri is the best-written female character in the franchise, with only Ruki and Mimi being anywhere close.
This is a problem...why? It's not like she's dead and can never be revived.

This isn't that kind of show.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, I'm not expecting she's -dead-. She's just been completely removed from the story away from any of the characters who drive the action, so... she has no impact on anything. She has had no impact on anything for the entire series. That's the problem.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have the feeling that in the end Rebootmon will reset everything. Just saying.
Jay Ukyou said:
Haru: And that's wh-
Minion: ASIJIIEKDEKSLADFFG

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First thing I would like to point out, did anybody else notice that when Leviathan screamed, all of the glass in the city broke into hexigon shapes? Had to Google it but there's a meaning behind it. I swear the ideas and such shared behind closed doors when putting this series together must be so interesting.
http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/spatial-statistics/h-whyhexagons.htm

That said, the episode was pretty boring. Just a bunch of fighting which is understandable. Glad it won't be dragging on into the next episode.

It's sad seeing offmon cry in the preview for the next episode. But nice showing that he regrets everything he's doing. ... If only he had cried sooner they probably wouldn't be in this mess.

And Ai had been turned to data! Looks like she's not evil after all... Probably

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • Please don't tell me that next episode is gonna be animated by Mashpotato "Derpy-Styleman" Moai
Mentioning animation, it seems there's no sign of that fanservicey fellow in charge of a single Appmon episode yet and we're now just a few steps to the finish line. I think he might have only handled the current ED sequence.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the stream to the initial post since it's up.

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deusmon was actually surprised by Leviathan absorbing him? ...Wow...(#RedemptionForDeusmon2017...what, I guy can dream of a good Deusmon...)

Some fighting, but can't wait to see what they're all talking about.

Okay, so Offmon crying. Minerva appearing next episode. The animation style I like (yes, I like it). All good signs.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought it was a decent episode. I wouldn't call it nothing happening, considering it ends looking like the heroes are screwed. And Deusmon's gone, of course. And the episode was uniformly serious! We didn't even see Afro Man getting turned into NOOO data.

Mentioning animation, it seems there's no sign of that fanservicey fellow in charge of a single Appmon episode yet and we're now just a few steps to the finish line.
Maybe he just managed to add in that lingering shot of Eri's ass.

decaboyz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that's why they need all 6 God Appmons. 1 God for each heads. Counting last week's human blending machine and this week's human disintegration, Appmon secure my top spot of the most apocalyptic endgame in the whole Digimon series...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know about that, especially given stuff like Quartzmon. Leviathan has been doing a very good job, though. It's been able to plan ahead more than any other Digimon villain has, and unlike other villains it's had a reason for allowing the protagonists to live.

Speaking of the apocalyptic aspect, I smiled at how the AppliDrivers (and their partners!) have no problem trashing a city of Appmon but have to shield everything in a city of humans.

decaboyz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seeing how the civilians react makes the situation feel more realistic. The Quartzmon's one only showed the whole destruction process so its tension wasn't as stressed out as the Leviathan's one. Victim reactions are what make an apocalyptic scene enjoyable to me.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode may have served as a transmission to show how Levianthan was just a formidable opponent with its fearful ability to think so much ahead. Makes me wonder how exactly they will get away from this.
Although if there was something painful to watch besides all those poor innocent people being deliberated into data was Rebootmon's unrequited loyalty for Yuujin.
That was just sad. He didn't want any of this. He was following his orders without question and that just so wrong from him but, dunno, that was unfair.
I kinda wished Gaiamon could at least try to talk about it? But nah just to beat the heck out of him. Not necessarily the most civilized way to solve an issue but whatever peels your bananas, Gatchmon.

Wonder how they are going to be able to reach Offmon after all he have done. But I'm glad he's getting that chance. I was already accepting the possibility the show would keep mistreating his heart and make him die like a dog with no further answers but guess there will get something.
Who knows.

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode may have served as a transmission to show how Levianthan was just a formidable opponent with its fearful ability to think so much ahead. Makes me wonder how exactly they will get away from this.
Although if there was something painful to watch besides all those poor innocent people being deliberated into data was Rebootmon's unrequited loyalty for Yuujin.
That was just sad. He didn't want any of this. He was following his orders without question and that just so wrong from him but, dunno, that was unfair.
I kinda wished Gaiamon could at least try to talk about it? But nah just to beat the heck out of him. Not necessarily the most civilized way to solve an issue but whatever peels your bananas, Gatchmon.

Wonder how they are going to be able to reach Offmon after all he have done. But I'm glad he's getting that chance. I was already accepting the possibility the show would keep mistreating his heart and make him die like a dog with no further answers but guess there will get something.
Who knows.
I think Offmon/Shutmon is regretting everything that he's doing, but has to obey. Plus, with Bootmon under the L-Virus, I think a moment's hesitation is all Rebootmon is capable of doing before following orders.

I still wonder how Haru and Offmon are gonna break Yuujin away from YJ-14 & how both will play into it.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Offmon/Shutmon is regretting everything that he's doing, but has to obey. Plus, with Bootmon under the L-Virus, I think a moment's hesitation is all Rebootmon is capable of doing before following orders.

I still wonder how Haru and Offmon are gonna break Yuujin away from YJ-14 & how both will play into it.
The thing is, he was suffering ever since the moment Yuujin ordered him to kill Bootmon. That face just told a thousand of words, his heart has shattered in tiny pieces as many as Haru's. His regret started that earlier but why did he obey him anyway? That's question though it's rather understandable why. He was lonely, had no friends and forced terminated lives due to his savage instincts until he met Yuujin. Even though he saw his new happier world suddenly turning into a lie he couldn't just defy him as his partner is the one who have openly accepted him as he is. Even those were potentially empty words.

Even though Haru and Shutmon got the same harsh hit, they've reacted differently. While Haru denied the treason and fell in a deep depression, Shutmon chose to oppress his own heart like shutting it down in a way to cope it. Well he was literally living his own name and somehow embracing his reputation of "big bad wolf" he tried so hard to leave behind.

Of course that was a really bad decision from him, the whole mess that's happening is his fault.

If he could defy Yuujin, Bootmon wouldn't be infected, Deusmon wouldn't be possibly summoned, Levianthan wouldn't get a physical body and the god grades wouldn't never happen.
Yuujin knew Shutmon was too attached to him. He made sure to be his very best friend since day 1 exactly to prepare him for that. Took totally advantage of his heart to do all the dirty job only he could do.

Both him and Haru were heavily manipulated. And that's sad.

Last edited:

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering about a few things. First one, why Hajime didn't get his sexy L mark and didn't start floating. The Appli kids were protected by the Applidrivers, but Hajime doesn't have one. Wonder if this is because Leviathan's voice didn't reach him (but he rather lives in Rei's house, and not in Ai's basement, so it should reach him) or there is more to that. Kinda funny that even Rei wasn't really paying attention what's up with Hajime.

Second thing is why Leviathan still let Yuujin to be alive. She probably fired Knight because he tried to hurt the kids and Yuujin. I bet Knight probably even didn't know how important Yuujin is to Leviathan. Which also means that L-Corp CEOs didn't really have a knowledge what their corp is really doing. Because Knight wouldn't risk destroying Leviathan's plans by showing Yuujin being killed, because it would mean that Leviathan wasted 14 years of preparations for nothing. I wonder why Leviathan even chose to replace L-Corp's CEO. The previous one was good enough, and Knight didn't do anything at all. In fact his only addition to the plot was that he said to Rei that Hajime is inside the L-Corp (but Rei probably already knew that or thought about this possibility anyway).

Anyway, going back to Yuujin and Leviathan, Leviathan proved that she doesn't care about her henchmen, so I wonder why she still keeps him alive. Unless this is Leviathan's idea of Yuujin's punishment - "you helped me killing all of humans, and now you will be left in this world forever alone. And I kinda missed a scene in which Yuujin's mother would be changed into data as well. Wonder if Yuujin would somehow comment this, or maybe even smile?