AppliMonsters Episode 49: The Miraculous Final Evolution!

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, and did Uranosmon take out the Deusmon copy with an attack we haven't yet heard of?
It just sounds like 'kurae'/食らえ [eat this!] to me.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay I don't really see Rebootmon as Shutmon's or Bootmon's evolved form. Unlike the others gods, that one is an actual mix of Shutmon and Bootmon, is pretty much like Omnimon. You don't see Omnimon as Agumon or Gabumon's final forms, you see them as a fusion of the two. Pretty much as I see Rebootmon.
Pretty much, reminder that one of Omegamon's earliest design was this:

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why but I loved the fact that Leviathan referred to AppliDrivers as the "Erabareshi Kodomo'. The humans falling into that giant blender looking thing was creepy. I'm glad Haru got out of his funk, I'm wondering if we"ll have an Apollomon situation with Yujin, where one half of him is good and the other half is evil? That would be interesting.

Leviathan looks amazing, what a great looking final boss. I was expecting it to look more like the red dragon from the opening, but I like this design better, maybe we'll see a fight between Leviathan and Minerva soon.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was expecting it to look more like the red dragon from the opening, but I like this design better, maybe we'll see a fight between Leviathan and Minerva soon.
A giant mecha dragon vs. a giant mecha owl.... THAT would be an interesting fight.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And the epic pose of the week goes to...
Image Thumbnail (custom)

And the true form for Leviathan, indeed.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Oh my this episode was so intense...I think Apollomon's situation is different from Yuujin's, in fact right away the opposite.

Ps. That prototype for Omegamon is hideous. I'd love to see now those who constantly rant against some designs of Digimon Xros Wars.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first image is broken.

Digimon designer seemed to love centaurs design, X4B, Hadesmon, Sagitarimon, Zanbamon, Sleipmon and some that I forget the name of. yet they rarely does pure horse digimon, we only have like two or three pure horse digimon, Unimon, ShimaUnimon, and Pegasusmon.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You missed Centalmon in your list of centaur Digimon :p

I love 'taur designs so I have no complaints, I actually think that proto-Omegamon looks pretty cool.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah Centaurmon and also Gossipmon.
I also love the design but it's a bummer that we probably never get Master Asia Fuunsaiki.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that's how Leviathan lookd like, then I want back that sexy tentacle thing from the very first episode. This thing looks like it was straight taken from a sentai series or something like that. It doesn't fit Digimon animation and design at all.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's kinda the point, it's to be out of place similar to other non-Digimon digital lifeforms like the D-Reaper or King Drasil.

@Salman
There's also the Devas Pajiramon, Vajramon, and Majiramon. And for horse Digimon you got Indramon.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except that both the D-Reaper and Yggdrasil looked like as if they belonged (animation-wise) to the series they appeared in. Though this is just a screen, and I didn't see it yet in the episode so I might be wrong, on this screen that hydra (or a flying fortress, because it looks like one as well) doesn't really look as it was animated specially for Appmons, but rather to another anime with another animation style, but at the last minute they decided to show it in the Appmons instead of the original anime yhat hydra was designed for. At least this is my first impression about that screenshot.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hold on, is it me or does Rebootmon and Fuujinmon look similar?

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, loved seeing the debuts of Uranusmon, Poseidomon, and Hadesmon, alongside with Rebootmon.

Can't wait to see Gaiamon appear next episode.

Liking Leviathan's design. 6-headed battlestation hydra is a very interesting design.

And I like the fact that Yuujin still has some existence within YJ14.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Salman
There's also the Devas Pajiramon, Vajramon, and Majiramon. And for horse Digimon you got Indramon.
Indramon is a disgrace to horse! He stand on two feet! Horse is supposed to be ridable to make the rider look badass! :p
But seriously, I wish we had more horse riding digimon and before anyone say no Zanbamon doesn't count.

Eitaroutarouman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, it looks like it was app realize all this time.
Nothing surprising about that. I'm not sure how "Appliarise" got started in the first place. Digimon have "realized" since Tamers, so there's no reason why Appmon wouldn't "App realize." Of course, it could be a pun too.
The Appli Drive toys explicitly spell it as "Appliarise."

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Darn, Yuujin's trying his hardest to ruin the ending for me. Pulling the friend within the enemy shtick, Haru completely ignoring Gatchmon and the rest of the world just for Yuujin... *sigh* Just when I had dared to hope for more from Appmon...

The rest of the ep was pretty great, however. I'm ready for a real world finale, after it's been shown pleanty of times already that Appmon can materialize there.

YukiGreymon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A lot of this series has been disappointing, and there were whole sets of episodes I skipped, but it's finally getting good. Kids are in mortal danger, those kids are overcoming mental issues, people are dying are in large quantities, monsters are huge... it's finally a digimon show.

The God-grade don't have link cables, but I really hope Leviathan is defeated by Gaiamon applinking with Rebootmon. And for Cameramon to return. That would be nice.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cameramon already got his return during the Appmon graveyard episode of the Ultimate 4 arc (the shortest arc in Digimon history?).

The Human Applification Project was genuinely terrifying. They didn't show much, but the screams were unsettling as hell. I feel like it would get cut if this ever gets localized. (Or worse, they'll make pizza/smoothie jokes over it...)

So... Yuujin actually developed a real personality despite being 'nothing but an AI'. I am shocked. Positively shocked. At this point, the only question is whether the series will have the guts to Kill Him Off For Real. I seriously doubt it. I expect a full redemption through the power of LOV-coughcoughImeanFriendship. But that's okay. Haru deserves a happy ending. Seeing him in full-on Heroic Blue Screen of Death mode this episode was more than enough suffering.

It's kind of cool that Appmon has the guts to have its Protagonist place so much of his own self-worth in the relationship he has with his best friend. Like... Haru's always been kinda low-key, but they constantly show him stepping up into the Leader Role when his team needs it. But apparently losing Yuujin's friendship was enough to shake him to his core, to the point that not even his partner Digimon could really shake him out of it. That's a pretty bold move for Digimon, where the core conceit is that your partner is your emotional rock. Like... I think only Yamato and Taichi and their love for their siblings comes anywhere close to the levels of emotional dependence that Haru shows for Yuujin.

I feel kinda bad for Gatchmon. He gives this really awesome pep talk to Haru that just aims to keep him from basically giving up and dying... but then Tiny-Fragment-of-Yuujin-Soul says -one- word and suddenly Haru is gungho badass.

Re: Leviathan's anime design:
I like it a lot! So much cooler than Sheviathan. And no tentacles. Thank god. I was so sick of all the tentacle fetish talk.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rebootmon is really the coolest Kami appmon. I love how two pairs of scissors are embedded in his design, just like thise of Shutmon.

Gatchmon mentioned Haru was searching for something. Coul he be willing to find out what happened to his father? Can a clue on his father's whereabouts be what he wanted.
I've got the feeling that we are gonna see his father soon. It's even possible for him to be the mysterious appli driver brainwashed by Leviathan. Just theories. But I won't forgive the writers if they forget about that appli driver.

Why would Leviathan want all Kami appmon to be realized. He should have a terrifying plan other than the current project. Even Yuujin's face was not very confident after Leviathan's realization. Something about the situation was bothering him. But I can't say what was that. Maybe his other self was trying to take control of the body, he was thinking about that emotional moment back then, or he was really scared of Leviathan. Not sure but Leviathan's necessarily lost his android since he has already begun to change his side.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel kinda bad for Gatchmon. He gives this really awesome pep talk to Haru that just aims to keep him from basically giving up and dying... but then Tiny-Fragment-of-Yuujin-Soul says -one- word and suddenly Haru is gungho badass.
This is the thing that bothered me the most this episode. It's just so...anti-digimon.