AppliMonsters Episode 49: The Miraculous Final Evolution!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 49: The Miraculous Final Evolution! The Descent of the God Appmon!

Episode thread for Episode 49

Air Time:
Saturday 9th September - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 9th September - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 8th September - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 8th September - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 49 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:04pm Pacific, 9/8/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd have enjoyed this episode more is the stream lag wasn't as bad as Haru's depression.
I'm sad that we didn't get Sheviathan tho.
AND I NEED MY KNIGHT
GAIAMON NEXT WEEK

Last edited:

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So was that an appmon Leviathan turned himself into? Also, it looks like it was app realize all this time.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, so the kamis' debuts aren't as dramatic/miraculous like ultimate/mode change in previous series.. but i like how they make their voice has echoes/bass/whatever
When the trio first appeared, they don't waste time by showing name, grade, power, etc of the appliarised Appmon like usual
Wow... Poseidomon, the weakest among the kamis in term of power level, actually can negate the strongest kami's attack.
Deusmon actually can make copies of himself, not because of Leviathan.
It's kind of funny that when the standard grade of MSs aren't appliarised they're on top of yellow board, and now the applidrivers do the same.
Hadesmon and Uranusmon defeated one copy each like Deusmon was nothing, power level isn't a thing to believe in Appmon lol (oh yeah... i just remembered their power is now 400000+ instead of 270000-315000, thanks to DUO). Poor Poseidomon didn't get a chance to kill the last one though.
Damn Yuujin... you wanted to overkill your best friend with that humongous Appmon?
Oh and what the newest animedia didn't want to talk about is already answered here...
There's a chance to redeem Yuujin as him actually shout to give Haru spirit back, when that happened, his right eye is normal (no red dot thing)
That's definitely not a space shipLeviathan is finally appliarised!

Also, is it just me or i really did see the app of Hadesmon is 'Variation' instead of 'Change' in the eyecatch?

Last edited:

Stu_23

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did not expect that to be Leviathan. Wow it looks great. Though it could be a shell for the real Leviathan.

That human data convertor thing though was dark and Yujin fighting the programing was expected but it was cool. These last two episodes have been great, especially with Eri, Astra and Rei as the main three with Haru taking a back seat.

Very weird to see Haru be depressed. I'm glad it didn't last all that long as well.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the TV Tokyo link to the first post since it's up.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not going to question the logic of Poseidomon manifesting spear of water inside an Ocean. Nope.
I love how Rei lamshade how fast Eri climbing the rock..l
That blender scene is damn horrifying.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy packed episode batmon! Where do I start?!?

Yuujin-YJ-14 struggle... God-grade appmon... Leviathan realized....

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my goodness! That was an intense episode!
The fight against deusmon was really cool and though things start to get very very dark and dangerous there is still time for funny things lol.
Leviathan looks much better than in manga...I love it*-*

Sad there are only 3 episodes left though...

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something really interesting I've just noticed, when they activate their Kami AppChips, they seem to literally "lose" their Kiwami AppChips...that would explain why they don't reach their Super grade forms not even once since the moment they have obtained their Kiwami AppChips, not even in order to face minor enemies like Tripmon or the resurrected Mienumon and co. Well played Appmon.

I rewatched the scene and what I saw was no different than what happened in episode ten when Hackmon and Protecmon's Chips went into Raidramon's Chip. This is just the first time since that episode that this was shown and is more grandiose in scope.

Remember that the App Fusion partner's Chip are still around even after being absorbed into the Ultimate Chips several times by now.
I've just saw again the episode debut of Raidramon, and yep, you're right in your assumption. Unless things work different between Standard + Standard = Super App Gattai and the rest of the upper levels, it's probably just an unexplained potential plot hole.
Continuing this from the last thread, the actual mechanism behind App Chip intergration is unknown and, unlike the Partner Chips, the Chips of the higher Grade stages have no consciousness of their own as extensions of the Buddy Appmon and we do see Offmon changing into Shutmon's Chip so a similar conversion may have happened to the Super and Ultimate Grade Chips.

Also, is it just me or i really did see the app of Hadesmon is 'Variation' instead of 'Change' in the eyecatch?
It's not just you.

Sad there are only 3 episodes left though...
It's enough time for Eyecatches of Gaiamon, Uranusmon, and Rebootmon so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, is Leviathan still a woman, or in the anime she's a man?

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I'll look forward more into the fight against Shipviathan than the manga's Sheviathan.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would need to see... it(?), but I think it would be better if she stayed a woman. Who knows, maybe she would win one of the boys heart? Though, a tentacle sounds tempting too.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe Leviathan could be a spaceship monster... and female at the same time?? :0

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, it looks like it was app realize all this time.
Nothing surprising about that. I'm not sure how "Appliarise" got started in the first place. Digimon have "realized" since Tamers, so there's no reason why Appmon wouldn't "App realize." Of course, it could be a pun too.

As for Leviathan's gender (since that's super important, apparently), the voice is definitely masculine. But it's really just an AI with no actual gender.

EDIT:
Did anyone else notice that Yujin seemed to want Haru to activate Gatchmon's God form? I wonder if it has something to do with Leviathan's plot. Not sure if anyone caught it, but at the end of the episode Leviathan refers to the AppliDrivers as Chosen Children.

Oh, and did Uranosmon take out the Deusmon copy with an attack we haven't yet heard of?

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leviathan is a dragon, if someone think that isn't enough attractive factor then I don't know what will.

Yep. Rei was right in suspecting if it was a trap.

I can't hear the attack very well but Uranosmon has two attack, Halo Halo and Astral Eruption.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not either of those attacks, assuming it is an attack name and not just something he says. Sounds like "Cooler (Something)."

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty intense episode in so many things.
I found so funny, not sure if I misheard it, but sounded like Uranusmon did say the catchphrase "I'm totally feeling it" ahahaah even as god, he just keep his self, liked that one
All gods are humongous eeeck. It mirrors how the human partners are huge when their partners are in the chip forms and right there happened just them, human chip forms. Good call back!
Rebootmon.....further confirmation totally not okay with the situation. Yuujin, once again, gives them the exact same order in the exact same fashion back then against Bootmon, and once again, Rebootmon's Shutmon side hesitated. Since Bootmon is infected, interesting to see it's Shutmon who's on control of the huge body.

Okay I don't really see Rebootmon as Shutmon's or Bootmon's evolved form. Unlike the others gods, that one is an actual mix of Shutmon and Bootmon, is pretty much like Omnimon. You don't see Omnimon as Agumon or Gabumon's final forms, you see them as a fusion of the two. Pretty much as I see Rebootmon.

Oh yeah Yuujin is not a complete douchebag. There's a part of him who's still sane and Haru noticed that. He is not behold salvation :3