AppliMonsters Episode 48: Activate! The Humanity Applification Plan!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 48: Activate! The Humanity Applification Plan!

Episode thread for Episode 48

Air Time:
Saturday 2nd September - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 2nd September - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 1st September - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 1st September - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 48 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:48pm Pacific, 9/1/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This ep was good but now I hate Yuujin.
Still, we
WE GOT THEM G0DS
but I wonder what was Rei talking about,
why did the Ultim4te Chips activated
, and if Shutmon is also a traitor.
I bet Gaiamon's debut episode (probably next week) it's gonna put more weight on Charismon's chip being active.
AND I NEED MY KNIGHT

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch the episode, can someone who know japan tell me what Yuujin is comparing to dinosaurs extinction?
And damn the character affirmation on this episode is pretty great.
Those darth vader outfit did not suit Yuujin at all.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Stream was added to the first post since the episode is up.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that theory about the 14 in YJ14 meaning that was the 14th model, and that there was a new Yuujin model made every year, turned out to be true! Good job guys. (Edit: Or maybe it was the age the model was supposed to look like, now that I think about it that makes more sense...)

My Japanese isn't the best and there was a lot of just, talking and expositing so I don't know exactly what all was going on. Although it looked to me like Yuujin was comparing the extinction of the dinosaurs to what Leviathan plans to do with humanity. Just my guess.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some interesting info bits in the Twitter account of onkeikun; according to it,
Yuujin moved as per how he was programmed, which was to act exactly the way Haru wanted him to, in order for him to gain Haru's trust and be able to observe him closer

I can only say that I'm so shocked right now, and I really hate Yujin and Offmon, which is kind of paradoxal since they are my favourite characters in the series. Anyways, the episode was awesome overall.

My favourite Screenshot:
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'll never happen, but I want to see Yujin go full Terminator at some point. Get caught in a fiery explosion and come out with a metal endoskeleton, and maybe get crushed by a compactor. What I'm actually expecting is that there will instead be the usual "power of friendship" crap and he'll rejoin Haru and company. I do want to hear Shutmon say something, though. I guess he just sort of shrugged and thought, "This is my life now."

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch the episode, can someone who know japan tell me what Yuujin is comparing to dinosaurs extinction?
He's just comparing the applification plan to the dinosaurs' extinction, how both events bring about a huge, global-scale change to the history of the world.
Still, we
WE GOT THEM G0DS
but I wonder what was Rei talking about,
why did the Ultim4te Chips activated
, and if Shutmon is also a traitor.
Thanks to Bootmon, the God grade has been unlocked, which makes all of them technically able to get to God grade as well.
They didn't actually say why the U4 chips got activated, Rei and Hajime just analysed whatever data Revivemon could get from Deusmon and they realised that they could achieve God grade by using the U4 chips.
Near the end of the episode, Yuujin tells Shutmon "All you need to do is quietly obey my orders"; whether willingly or unwillingly, Shutmon goes along with him.

I was taken aback by Yuujin's crying scene, haha. Like a few others when I saw the preview pic I thought the scene would be about how Yuujin still retains feelings for Haru..instead it's just Yuujin mocking Haru, god I feel awful for him.
I was also surprised by Shutmon's lack of lines. You'd think he'd protest or even just say something about his buddy's radical change..
I really love Eri/Astra/Rei's scenes though, it really wraps up their development nicely! These kids have come so far ;v;

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It sounds it was a pretty nice epidode. Like always, I didn't see it yet, but somehow I wish Yuujin will never reunite with Haru, and will become an eternal villain. Though, even if he reunited, I'm pretty sure YJ15 would still be their enemy, so no point in reuniting.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Blast it, Toei; now you have the English-speaking Appmon fandom wondering what in the world is going on, as now almost everything we were holding onto for hopes has either been fulfilled or discarded!

I've got it down to three possibilities:

Yuujin and YJ are now two different AIs, much like Leviathan broke off from Minerva, and is trying to regain control, if not get a new body somehow.

YJ really was just snooping around, being Leviathan's assistant the entire time, heartlessly pretending to be Haru's friend.

Yuujin has realized that the only way to defeat Leviathan is to play along, pretend to be on Leviathan's side, test Haru's loyalty, then catch Leviathan off guard at the last second.

And, nightmare realization: Appmon Data Lab is the new Angela Anaconda...

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like that Deusumon is just a fucking Juggernaut, both in size and power. This also seems to explain why the Ultimate Grade is pronounced as Kiwami​ even though that character used isn't pronounced that way normally.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay to begin with, full kudos for everyone who theorized YJ-14 had previous body models for each year. I was liking reading that and by turning to be true was really satisfying. Good job thinkers!
Aaaaaand YJ-14 is a full douche. Or is that really so? Hum I wouldn't throw my towel yet though at this point yeah I don't blame anyone wanting to kick his metal butt. The part he literally shed tears just to troll Haru was just pure mean.
Although I'm enjoying how this is turning up. Okay one and more things could get a better twist but it is messing with everyone's feelings and that's what I call a good story development. As long there's that, I'm okay with it.

Speaking about being okay with the situation, Shutmon is not.
Sure he kept a poker face and quiet before the whole sad scene happening before his eyes, he is not nearly the willingly monster as his partner. His passivity was unsettling but there was no evil on him.

He was visibly disturbed last episode and even in this one, it could tell by his eyes he's cooperating but not okay with it. He even tried to protest in the end of the episode just to be rudely silenced by YJ-14. And then to unlock Rebootmon (which apparently it's Bootmon's evolved form. Shutmon seems to be just the fuel as much the Ultim4te in their parts)

Also it just occurred me this: YJ-14 still has the applidriver DUO. He has Shutmon's life within his grasp, and can very easily infect him with L-virus the second he'd oppose.
By cooperating, Shutmon is safe from that possibility which would just render him completely to his partner's nasty plot.
If that was the case, then this big bad wolf is actually thinking ahead and being smart.Like depositing his hopes on Haru and the others to fight back and then wait for his chance to do his part.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, if his interaction with Haru is simulation... What about his interaction when Haru is not present? Like with Offmon, episode 32, the entire episode about him and Offmon and Haru barely appears.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He knows that Leviathan is watching. He knows that Minerva probably too, so he knows that he must keep his cover all the time becausr someone might find out the truth about him. It could be that he also noticed that Rei is suspicious about him, so he kept his cover so Rei will stop following him.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something really interesting I've just noticed, when they activate their Kami AppChips, they seem to literally "lose" their Kiwami AppChips...that would explain why they don't reach their Super grade forms not even once since the moment they have obtained their Kiwami AppChips, not even in order to face minor enemies like Tripmon or the resurrected Mienumon and co. Well played Appmon.

On the other hand, that would also explain why Logamon doesn't appear on the show. My base theory is that Leviathan or Minerva stole somehow the powers of both Hackmon and Timemon in the past in order to make Offmon achieve Shutmon, even against his will. Probably, neither of them are aware of this connection. After all, Timemon was the first guy who told the group about the Kiwami level.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This also seems to explain why the Ultimate Grade is pronounced as Kiwami​ even though that character used isn't pronounced that way normally.
?? 'Kiwami' is a normal kun pronunciation for 極..
Also kiwami and kami don't use the same morae so I think it's unlikely that it's an intended reference (at least one intended for a Japanese audience), but it's not impossible I guess?
You know, if his interaction with Haru is simulation... What about his interaction when Haru is not present? Like with Offmon, episode 32, the entire episode about him and Offmon and Haru barely appears.
From these 2 eps we saw that Offmon wasn't in on the Leviathan thing, so it's also probably to keep the secret from Offmon too. I mean, as seen from this ep Yuujin could probably command Offmon even then, but that might make Offmon's behaviour in front of the others seem off, so I guess it's better to minimise the risk of being exposed?

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something really interesting I've just noticed, when they activate their Kami AppChips, they seem to literally "lose" their Kiwami AppChips...that would explain why they don't reach their Super grade forms not even once since the moment they have obtained their Kiwami AppChips, not even in order to face minor enemies like Tripmon or the resurrected Mienumon and co. Well played Appmon.
I rewatched the scene and what I saw was no different than what happened in episode ten when Hackmon and Protecmon's Chips went into Raidramon's Chip. This is just the first time since that episode that this was shown and is more grandiose in scope.

Remember that the App Fusion partner's Chip are still around even after being absorbed into the Ultimate Chips several times by now.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks more like he's looking down/to the side to me. Whatever it is, he's been rather hesitant about following YJ's plan from the start. Although that hasn't stopped him from following every command.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He was visibly disturbed last episode and even in this one, it could tell by his eyes he's cooperating but not okay with it. He even tried to protest in the end of the episode just to be rudely silenced by YJ-14. And then to unlock Rebootmon (which apparently it's Bootmon's evolved form. Shutmon seems to be just the fuel as much the Ultim4te in their parts)
How are you so sure about that? The problem with Rebootmon, is that he is the most Jogress-type Digimon among the 6 Gods, so it's kind of difficult to tell who's the predominant one. However, if you take a closer look to it, there are a little bit more wolf-kind traits than cyborg ones, so I'd go with Shutmon;
Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)

Furthermore, another reason that makes me think this way is that in the 3DS game, Shutmon uses Bootmon as the fuel to achieve this form:
Shutmon: "Naoto, we must get stronger; on this purpose, Bootmon I'm taking your power."
Naoto: "My AppliDrive has started to act on its own."
APPGATTAI!!
[...]
Rebootmon: "Kazuki, I'm not longer your Appmon Buddy."
Kazuki: "It can't be true! B-But you...my Appmon Buddy...Bootmon!"
Rebootmon: "Naoto, now the next step is to defeat Kazuki in order to make you stronger...If we stick together, we can reboot the system and create a new world...I'll build a world only for me and Naoto."

Worth mentioning that it can be heard "Shut-Boot" while effectively doing the AppGattai, and not the opposite, which proves that Shutmon is the precursor of the fusion, so that's probably why he first appeared in both the anime and manga.