AppliMonsters Episode 47: The Truth About Yuujin

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's kinda ironic that Yuujin betrayed Haru after all of that future and friendship talk, must hurt for Haru.

A bit trivia, Yuujin's VA was the one who voiced Saitama (One Punch Man). He has an android (or maybe cyborg fits better) as a pupil there, and now here he's an android.... Maybe Saitama was also actually an android/cyborg :D ?

CGI for Bootmon looked great to me in this episode (that wasn't just me right?), was it because the CGI are improved or because the background was real world instead of AR Field this time?

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know I just realize... Who realize Satellamon? Definitely not Yuujin, because he pretty much got vendetta against him and Offmon.

Vice

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ending was a shocker for me, I wonder if we'll see the return of Knight soon and how will Haru's friendship be tested?

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know I just realize... Who realize Satellamon? Definitely not Yuujin, because he pretty much got vendetta against him and Offmon.
Strictly speaking, the vendetta was directed at Offmon, and Yuujin was just a thorn in the side. That could just be a matter of perspective, though...

Nonetheless, the first time we see Satellamon is at the saloon in/around Cyber Kowloon, and in an AR field.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The real question is who realized Cameramon and Warudamon.
Is it Knight? Is it Yuujinaitor? Is it his mom? Is it Leviathan? It's going to be answered in September!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Strictly speaking, the vendetta was directed at Offmon, and Yuujin was just a thorn in the side. That could just be a matter of perspective, though...

Nonetheless, the first time we see Satellamon is at the saloon in/around Cyber Kowloon, and in an AR field.
Hey, the tamer/driver and the mon are one. :p

Yeah but he actually seen sitting in the real world building that time.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deusmon??? I thought he would realize Rebootmon, but it's Deusmon? That really doesn't follow. It would've made far more sense for him to realize Rebootmon, but OK.

I really didn't expect to see a God Grade for at least a couple of episodes, definitely not like this.

I refuse to believe this is the full story, there must be more to Yuujin than just being a cyborg puppet for Leviathan. They can't take this (friend)ship away, damn it

Excuse me

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deusmon come from neither bootmon nor Shutmon, Bootmon was just used to active his chip.
And his ability fit more for the applification plan but I agree that he come out of Yuujin arm is pretty abrupt.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping for Knights return too, but considering the tiny number of the remaining episode, I'm afraid he can't. A little backstory may help to build a relevant plot like introducing him as the mysterious appli driver who has returned for vengeance. This can also explain why Leviathan chose him as the new CEO out of nowhere. He might've proven himself worthy of her trust by his previous loyal actions. He was also the only one who wanted the AI to dominate the world among the cast which is consistent with the mysterious one's actions. He could even be chosen by Minerva at some point as a true appli driver but when he saw people abuse his works he used the appli drive to oppose humanity. All but some nonsense theories. Th writers tend to forget the characters easily and he might've been forgotten as well, unfortunately.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling Knight going to save them at the very last second if the preview is anything to go by, because Deusmon vs four Ultimate definitely won't end well for the later.

Eitaroutarouman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is there some sort of significance to the name "YJ14?" The YJ is obvious, but I have to wonder what the 14 is for.

If the wikis aren't lying to me, Yuujin was 13 when he was introduced. It's been nearly a year since then, so could it be that the 14 refers to what his current age would be? Maybe he's actually the fourteenth in a line of YJs that are replaced once Yuujin's birthday comes along?

It would explain the younger Yuujin.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also a possibility that YJ-14 is "YJN," with "14" being the 14th letter of the alphabet.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WOAH
Someone needs to add that in Appmon's TV Tropes Fridge Brilliance page.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Haru and Yuujin were both 14 years old (They are in their second year of Jr High, so they should be 14.)

I suspect that YJ14 is literally the 14th Yuujin android so that Yuujin could appear to 'age' and fit in with normal society.

Eitaroutarouman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought Haru and Yuujin were both 14 years old (They are in their second year of Jr High, so they should be 14.)
They were 13 when they were introduced.

Since Appmon moves in real time, Haru would be definitely be 14 now. Especially considering they had Perfect World debut on July 1st, Haru's birthday.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Though it is still kinda odd. People don't change their appearance from one day to the next. I'm pretty sure that even Haru would notice that yesterday's Yuujin looks kinda different than today's Yuujin, unless the L-Corp created tons of Yuujins, one for every month or a couple of months to mimic his growth. But in the flashback we seen that only a handful number of Yuujins was created, so it appears that they didn't switch them every year, but even every some years.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It really depend, I met my friend that I hasn't in a month, and the change is quiet drastic. If Yuujin is missing for the whole summer it isn't too far fetched to believe that he has a growth spurt.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ending is what it should be, but it lacks a bit of excitement.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, the truth is, Yūjin is an android. Like, I was expecting him to not be human, but the idea of an android never crossed my mind. I thought he was a physical hologram like Sayjirō or some similar type of digital lifeform. Heck, even the idea of him being Leviathan's son was interesting, since it opened the possibility of Ai being Minerva's daughter or something.
And that reveal seemed a bit, boring. It doesn't feel out of place, as it fits Appli Monsters's theme of technology. In fact, it would feel out of place in any other universe (can you imagine Juri or Hirokazu suddenly saying "I'm actually an android, lol"?), even Cyber Sleuth, the only one we know for a fact is set in the future. It's just that, it feels unoriginal.

And that Deusmon came out of nowhere. For a long time I was trying to think how Deusmon would show up. When Knight talked about humanity merging with AI and Onkei theorized he was merged with an Appmon, I thought Cloud cold be the Deusmon personality. After it was revealed that Knight was just playing a different for kicks and laughs, I moved on to "Hajime is Deusmon" and when there was all that thing about waking Sleepmon, I thought he would become Deusmon. After that I ran out of ideas, and to think that it was on Yūjin's arm all this time, is kinda disappointing.

But, anyway, Yūjin is an AI. And previously, Sayjirō was some kind of physical hologram meant to get popular. Could there be other AI pretending to be humans in the Appli Monsters world? I'm suspicious of Izumi Kagurazaka, "[t]he perfect idol who can do anything". If Leviathan or L-Corp created Sayjirō simply to be popular, why couldn't they make the same with for a member of Appliyama, an idol group especifically made to get people's info through the Election form subscription? After all, no human is perfect, so someone so perfect in a world where an AI can pass for human is suspicious.

In other words, Izumi is perfect because she’s an android like Yūjin. Deepest lore.

And I found this gem on 2ch that I want to share:
ハルもアプモンも勇仁もみんな電衛門の孫か
壮大な家族喧嘩だな
"Haru, the Appmon, and Yūjin are all Den'emon's grandchildren. This is all a big family quarrel."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

So Yujin is Masaya from TMM?
Chimera, I'm not sure Tokyo Mew Mew is known enough that it would be the first thing people think when reading TMM. In fact, before I read the spoiler, my first thought was "Uh, Ninja Turtles? Wait, there's something wrong here".

It is possible, at least theoretically, to power a machine with organic matter. (They're called gastrobots, and they even poop!) And since the technology in Appmon world seems more advanced than our present day, it's entirely believable YJ14 is capable of those kinds of "biological" functions.
Hm. According to Wikipedia, "[t]he gastrobot's energy intake may come in the form of carbohydrates, lipids etc." Carbohydrates? Pasta is full of those. Wait, HOLY CRAP, THE PASTA WAS FORESHADOWING. Genius!

How does the insert thing work for a bot?
Well, pasta is technically a biological energy source. There's probably no complex explanation for it.

I was hoping for Knights return too, but considering the tiny number of the remaining episode, I'm afraid he can't. A little backstory may help to build a relevant plot like introducing him as the mysterious appli driver who has returned for vengeance. This can also explain why Leviathan chose him as the new CEO out of nowhere. He might've proven himself worthy of her trust by his previous loyal actions. He was also the only one who wanted the AI to dominate the world among the cast which is consistent with the mysterious one's actions. He could even be chosen by Minerva at some point as a true appli driver but when he saw people abuse his works he used the appli drive to oppose humanity. All but some nonsense theories. Th writers tend to forget the characters easily and he might've been forgotten as well, unfortunately.
In all honesty, I gave up on Knight being the mysterious Appli Driver when he left after Charismon's defeat. If it was him, he would have revealed it when he was unmasked as Cloud. I mean, what could he (or the story) still gain from hiding this?

So is there some sort of significance to the name "YJ14?" The YJ is obvious, but I have to wonder what the 14 is for.

If the wikis aren't lying to me, Yuujin was 13 when he was introduced. It's been nearly a year since then, so could it be that the 14 refers to what his current age would be? Maybe he's actually the fourteenth in a line of YJs that are replaced once Yuujin's birthday comes along?
"Eitaroutarouman". Lolipiece, is that you?

About the ages, Yūjin was listed as 13 in the official website when the series started airing (as well as in the first chapter of the manga), but now it's listed as 14. When the series started, everyone had their age and grade in their official site profile. When April came everyone went a grade up, but kept their age. At some point after episode 39, Haru and Yūjin had their ages updated to 14, but everyone else had their age removed. Guess they didn't want to deal with coming up with birthdays for everyone or something.

There's also a possibility that YJ-14 is "YJN," with "14" being the 14th letter of the alphabet.
... ... ...
So, if Izumi is a robot, could she be IZ-3?