AppliMonsters Episode 47: The Truth About Yuujin

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another good episode, at least the end of it. I've got a feeling that Shutmon actually all along knew who Yuujin is, but he hesitated because at that time he considered Bootmon "a friend" or something. I mean Yuujin didn't tell Shutmon what he should do, yet Shutmon knew that he must kill Bootmon, and only Bootmon. Plus, he pretty quickly killed him, if he would not be aware of Yuujin whereabouts, he would hesitate longer or maybe even try to talk to Yuujin about that.

I also think that he was just sent by Leviathan to observe Denemon's grandson, but pretty recently got a new mission to find Bootmon. This is why he recently got an Applidrive and an Appmon. Before that he didn't need it to watch Haru. But there are a few things that strike me. First is that presumably he got his Appmon, Applidrive and an Appmon Band from Minerva, but there is no way she would not know that Yuujin is an AI and was created by Leviathan. Also, even if we will assume that both Offmon and an Applidrive Duo were created by Leviathan (so she must knew beforehand that Minerva is creating such a thing and is going to give it to the kids; otherwise I have no idea how Leviathan would know about it even before Minerva who is presumably a creator of it..), the only odd thing is the Appmon Band. Under normal circumstances Yuujin should not have it, because it directly uses a channel used to talk with Minerva. So even if an Applidrive and Offmon are a fake created by Leviathan, Appmon Band must be real, because it was created directly by Minerva, and Minerva surely would not give it to a rat, and surely she would know if there is someone else who is using it, but was not given it by her. Well.. assuming that both Minerva and Leviathan are really separate entities, because Yuujin case suggests that they might be one and exactly the same person...

Another thing is that from what I understood Leviathan wanted Bootmon alive. Why then would his agent kill him? It doesn't make sense, unless Yuujin is working for someone else than Leviathan and Minerva... or for himself. But if eviathan from the start had a Deusmon chip, why would she bother looking for Bootmon? I mean, Leviathan could have killed Bootmon much sooner if she wanted just its chip, and surely she would have killed him back at Hajime's lab if only a Bootmon's chip was needed to summon Deusmon.

Anyway, the only one thing I missed in this episode was Hajime dying out of a heart attack again after seeing his beloved Bootmon being killed. But there is still a chance that he doesn't know that and he will suffer a heart attack in the next episode...

And the Staff killed a child in the anime...

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did the site down for a while there?

Anyway, hoping Yuujin keep his robot body, just because being a cyborg is awesome.
Correct me if I'm mistaken but guess a cyborg is a living being with robot body parts while an android, which Yuujin said to be, is an entirely mechanical thing in human shape.
That would be correct as several of the "Androids" in DBZ, referred to as Jinzōningen (Artificial Human) in the Japanese version, were actually cyborgs with specifically 17 and 18 being a pair of twins named Lapis and Lazuli respectively.

First is that presumably he got his Appmon, Applidrive and an Appmon Band from Minerva, but there is no way she would not know that Yuujin is an AI and was created by Leviathan.
Except she could not have known this as Rei flat out said in the previous episode that the faked information for Yujin was so well crafted, no one who wasn't specifically looking for flaws would've found anything a miss. Bare in mind that Yujin had been in action for decades so it's likely that Leviathan took measures to specifically prevent this.

Last edited:

Ariestinak

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except she could not have known this as Rei flat out said in the previous episode that the faked information for Yujin was so well crafted, no one who wasn't specifically looking for flaws would've found anything a miss. Bare in mind that Yujin had been in action for decades so it's likely that Leviathan took measures to specifically prevent this.
Well, the camera footage in the episode Yuujin got his Applidriver showed a "red" description overlay for Yuujin, but it turned blue after a while.

I have a feeling that this is more than just "a friend turned traitor plot". Because there are a lot of inconsistencies here with Yuujin's actions. Why did he kill Bootmon when Leviathan is actually trying to capture him. Why save Haru from the Ultimate 4 if he is working for their master? Why didn't he seem to know that her "mother" can read his mind? Does he have two personalities programmed inside him and one of them is Haru's friend while the other one is the evil-red-eyed-yuujin? Or he is working for a side other than Leviathan/Minerva?

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another good episode, at least the end of it. I've got a feeling that Shutmon actually all along knew who Yuujin is, but he hesitated because at that time he considered Bootmon "a friend" or something. I mean Yuujin didn't tell Shutmon what he should do, yet Shutmon knew that he must kill Bootmon, and only Bootmon. Plus, he pretty quickly killed him, if he would not be aware of Yuujin whereabouts, he would hesitate longer or maybe even try to talk to Yuujin about that.

I also think that he was just sent by Leviathan to observe Denemon's grandson, but pretty recently got a new mission to find Bootmon. This is why he recently got an Applidrive and an Appmon. Before that he didn't need it to watch Haru. But there are a few things that strike me. First is that presumably he got his Appmon, Applidrive and an Appmon Band from Minerva, but there is no way she would not know that Yuujin is an AI and was created by Leviathan. Also, even if we will assume that both Offmon and an Applidrive Duo were created by Leviathan (so she must knew beforehand that Minerva is creating such a thing and is going to give it to the kids; otherwise I have no idea how Leviathan would know about it even before Minerva who is presumably a creator of it..), the only odd thing is the Appmon Band. Under normal circumstances Yuujin should not have it, because it directly uses a channel used to talk with Minerva. So even if an Applidrive and Offmon are a fake created by Leviathan, Appmon Band must be real, because it was created directly by Minerva, and Minerva surely would not give it to a rat, and surely she would know if there is someone else who is using it, but was not given it by her. Well.. assuming that both Minerva and Leviathan are really separate entities, because Yuujin case suggests that they might be one and exactly the same person...

Another thing is that from what I understood Leviathan wanted Bootmon alive. Why then would his agent kill him? It doesn't make sense, unless Yuujin is working for someone else than Leviathan and Minerva... or for himself. But if eviathan from the start had a Deusmon chip, why would she bother looking for Bootmon? I mean, Leviathan could have killed Bootmon much sooner if she wanted just its chip, and surely she would have killed him back at Hajime's lab if only a Bootmon's chip was needed to summon Deusmon.

Anyway, the only one thing I missed in this episode was Hajime dying out of a heart attack again after seeing his beloved Bootmon being killed. But there is still a chance that he doesn't know that and he will suffer a heart attack in the next episode...

Interesting points. The appli drive duo, Offmon , and the band are shrouded in mysteries.I can't think of any reasonable explanation for this problem. But about the killing part, Leviathan didn't think Hajime to let him free by installing that emergency escape program inside him and now that he owns such an annoying ability, She may decided to kill him and manipulate the data inside the chip to make him more docile and controllable. It was not mentioned anywhere before that Deusmon needs Bootmon to be summoned and Yuujin may realize him independently. He just couldn't do it sooner because he had to hide his other/true personality. The bootmon in the preview could just start the project while Deusmon was used to defeat the kids.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First is that presumably he got his Appmon, Applidrive and an Appmon Band from Minerva, but there is no way she would not know that Yuujin is an AI and was created by Leviathan.
Yes, but he meant humans, not artifical programs. Minerva existed long before Yuujin was created, similarly like Leviathan, she knows everything about her pupils and can spy them whenever and however she wants. She knows her pupils enough well that she knows all their secrets buried deep down in their hearts. Humans make mistakes, but robots and programs do not. Unless she knew that Yuujin is a robot created by Leviathan, but also has a split personality, and knew that the Love-Haru personality is stronger than the Follow-Leviathan personality, and she took an advantage of this.

About Leviathan, she took care of Yuujin and crafted a fake background for him, she played different CEOs and Appmons as she wanted, and yet somehow she let Bootmon to escape, and did not surveil Hajime and his work. If Bootmon would be that important to me, I would personally surveil the Staff working on it, but Leviathan instead trusted Hajime that he will create an Appmon, and will not try to sabotage the project...

Interesting points. The appli drive duo, Offmon , and the band are shrouded in mysteries.I can't think of any reasonable explanation for this problem. But about the killing part, Leviathan didn't think Hajime to let him free by installing that emergency escape program inside him and now that he owns such an annoying ability, She may decided to kill him and manipulate the data inside the chip to make him more docile and controllable. It was not mentioned anywhere before that Deusmon needs Bootmon to be summoned and Yuujin may realize him independently. He just couldn't do it sooner because he had to hide his other/true personality. The bootmon in the preview could just start the project while Deusmon was used to defeat the kids.
Yeah, I also thought that Bootmon might not be needed to summon Deusmon, but I scrapped that idea because otherwise there is no reason for Yuujin to follow Haru at all. If he already had the chip, he could use it at any time. And if he needed to "revive" the chip, he should have used Bootmon to do so instead of killing him.

The Leviathan-Bootmon case is pretty strange and weird. Leviathan already controls the entire world, so she has enough hands to find Bootmon. She had the U4 that surely in no time could find and capture Bootmon, but strangely the U4 didn't do anything at all. They just waited for the kids to come. From what we seen, the Emergency Escape Pprogram would not be enough to escape from Charismon, probably from Biomon as well. So if the U4 would be able to track down Bootmon, they easily could capture him. But they did not even start trying to track him down. Plus, it is strange that mere kids were able to track Bootmon down several times already, but Leviathan and her entire army, surveillance systems &c were not.

Last edited:

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Humans make mistakes, but robots and programs do not.
Now you have me wondering if Minerva did make a mistake. If AI is modeled around human intelligence, it's quite possible that it made a mistake, in the sense that it deemed it an unnecessary risk.

Then again, we have no idea if Minerva knew about YJ-14 or not.

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why did he kill Bootmon when Leviathan is actually trying to capture him.
Not to nitpick, but although the aftermath of Shutmon's attack evoked a lot of memories of the early Digimon series' representations of death by breaking up into millions of pixels, Bootmon also turned back into his chip form, so he succeeded in capturing him for Leviathan. (And the preview shows him active again, natch.)

tl;dr -- Rule of drama.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Anyway, hoping Yuujin keep his robot body, just because being a cyborg is awesome.
Correct me if I'm mistaken but guess a cyborg is a living being with robot body parts while an android, which Yuujin said to be, is an entirely mechanical thing in human shape.
I don't know which is which but I still want him keep being a robot because it is cool.
imagine him and Haru goes to theater and all the movie showed there is about robot.

This actually beg the question, insertion is putting biological energy into mon which Yuujin did do and he actually eat pasta too.
Where does the energy come from and where does the thing he eat go to?

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't know which is which but I still want him keep being a robot because it is cool.
imagine him and Haru goes to theater and all the movie showed there is about robot.

This actually beg the question, insertion is putting biological energy into mon which Yuujin did do and he actually eat pasta too.
Yeah an android is literally a robot so that is right.
Now about your question how he can eat huuuum that's one enigma please show don't answer that one. Sounds pretty gory :3

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is possible, at least theoretically, to power a machine with organic matter. (They're called gastrobots, and they even poop!) And since the technology in Appmon world seems more advanced than our present day, it's entirely believable YJ14 is capable of those kinds of "biological" functions.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah an android is literally a robot so that is right.
Now about your question how he can eat huuuum that's one enigma please show don't answer that one. Sounds pretty gory :3
Well, I don't think they going the gory way, he may have just get small incinerator inside him.

I'm pretty amused it's actually pretty believable that he actually has taste for pasta, we got a wireless protesthetic arms that capable of sending touch after.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still too shocked and terrified to comment all this stuff...poor Haru and Offmon...We had something similar way back with Ryouma in Hunters, but at least he was being controled by Quartzmon, but to face that an entire main character with all his background behind, and one of my favourites by the way, is a huge fake since the beginning, it's just too much to assimilate to me :(

Anyways, I would also like to point out how beautifully chosen are the visuals plus the BGM during this episode. For some moment, I thought I was watching at a Ghibli's film.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's what I think will happen next. It will be revealed that Yūjin developed a second personality from the time he shared with Haru. Haru will manage to reach him,
Reading this, I feel it's eerily familiar in Digimon, then I remember Ballistamon.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't really been commenting as I watched weekly but that was quite surprising! I was expecting Yuujin to be an Appmon or some other kind of digital entity, or perhaps just a human being controlled by Leviathan, not like... an actual robot. Also, I'm excited to see we are finally getting to the God Grade Appmon!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that was a surprise. A very long plan from the capital L. Will Haru even have time to be upset? I know Shutmon must be. How did an Android get an AppDriver? Was he actually the evil one? How does the insert thing work for a bot? A lot of questions.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There are so many things that make 0 sense with this. Yuujin goes home and greets his "mom" everyday. Yuujin used to be a small child. The Applidrive Duo accepts his insert. Offmon goes home with him everyday. Yuujin has actively taken part in fighting Leviathan's plans.

This is just ridiculous. There's no feasible way Leviathan could have planned far enough ahead to have made a toddler Yuujin and then have gone through the effort to make tiny upgrades to simulate human growth over the years, and then had him go through the motions of living, completely undetected by anyone, just in case​. My bet is that he's lying for the shock factor and Yuujin was just edited when he was captured by the Ultimate Four.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just saw the episode >.< At least Shutmon was still itself

Maybe Yuujin's mother was gonna lose Yuujin at a young age (sick/accident?), found Leviathan, asked for it's help, and then Leviathan had Biomon modified her son; the catch is that Leviathan can use Yuujin's however it wanted (when the time is right)? But then we barely see the mom so not sure what's gonna happen lol

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is just ridiculous. There's no feasible way Leviathan could have planned far enough ahead to have made a toddler Yuujin and then have gone through the effort to make tiny upgrades to simulate human growth over the years, and then had him go through the motions of living, completely undetected by anyone, just in case​. My bet is that he's lying for the shock factor and Yuujin was just edited when he was captured by the Ultimate Four.
Dunno, they could have just started the project at whatever age he was introduced to Haru, no need to really go younger than that if that was originally the primary mission. Since they haven't explained if the 14 means there's 13 other androids out there doing things or if he's the 14th model of Yuujin they could very well have copied the data from the previous model into the new one every year (or sooner) to so that he looks like he's growing up to Haru.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's my current thought:

The Yuujin AI and the YJ AI are two different entities. Similar in purpose and function to Order 66, it wasn't activated until the circumstances were right.

What I'm thinking is that Yuujin is somehow going to break from YJ, much like Leviathan broke from Minerva.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also think that Yuujin is going to break from his YJ persona. This was seen when still back in the school Haru asked a question what will they be in the next year. Yuujin looked at the window and looked really sad. He already knew he must betray Haru, but doesn't want doing that. Plus, between them two, it was Yuujin that was more sentimental than Haru. Maybe he still had some doubts about what he should do and whether he should betray Haru...

Anyway, Haru's mess on his head won my heart. In Poland we say that he looked like "wkurwiony Chopin / Szopen" (pissed off Chopin). It really looks funny xD.