AppliMonsters Episode 46: An Oath to the Starry Sky! Operation: Rescue Astra!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 46: An Oath to the Starry Sky! Operation: Rescue Astra!

Episode thread for Episode 46

Air Time:
Saturday 19th August - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 19th August - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 18th August - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 18th August - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 46 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:01pm Pacific, 8/18/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... How was it? The last filler-ish episode before everything collapse.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei confirms Yūjin's personal history has been forged, and it's not normal for someone to be able to fake these records and leave so few traces.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, things to point out:
  • It was animated by Mashpotato Naoi. The same one from Ep23, 32 and 39.
  • QUALITY
  • Rei looks at Yuujin suspiciously for the 3rd time.
  • It's like Episode 35 but with Astra.
  • They remembered their other Appmon.
  • REI TOLD HARU SOMETHING ABOUT YUUJIN. We need subs for this.
  • AAAAH
  • In fact, it seems that they learned how to exploit the Appmon abilities.
  • Jesus Christ, Astra's father was sure a baddass.
  • I think Yuujin won't betray them, but he will be possesed by his mother.
  • AND HIS GODDAMN GLOWING EYES.
This episode wasn't entirely pointless.
Next episode should be where siht starts going downhill.
Still, they wasted an oportunity to show the Super Appliarise sequence for the Applidrive DUO.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the stream link to the first post since the episode is up.

p96822

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode is so boring and just another epsiode that is wasting time that Appmon doesn't have

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...What did Yuujin just give the OK to right at the end of the episode??? That's not creepy at all.... *hides under bedsheets*

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ouch that art style it hurts. Good thing that artist won't get another chance, it was a good timing. Though I did notice they try a bit harder when comes to draw Yuujin and Rei, they don't look to sloppy. It's the power of popularity :3
Anyway apart that huh, it wasn't too bad but also served for mister edgelord finally share his suspicious about Yuujin.
But my big question started to give tiny hints during the episode, seems Offmon is unware about his partner. Apparently he did see the red light eyes before but thinks that's just him being "passionate" so never suspected him. I was wondering if he was playing a charade and playing dumb as he has this 180º behavior change when evolves into Shutmon but maybe not.

Not enough to really understand what's going on in the pup'shead but I'm getting more convinced he may be about to get the biggest shock soon finds out his partner is potentially a traitor.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Astra uncle is hardcore.
Can anyone tell me why Offmon quivering a fe times when Haru asked Yuujin something?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was pretty fun, I totally wouldn't mind if episodes last this one or previous one would continue to be aired. It was a total filler, but at least quite entertaining to watch. And I think that's all that can be told about this episode, yeah Rei told Haru not to trust Yuujin but Haru believes in power of friendship and ignores Rei's advice. At the very least he a few times is doubtful about him even during the last scene during which Yuujin said he doesn't know what wish he would want to make (if I understand correctly).

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just watched the raw, and I really need to know what they unveil about Yuujin's nature (I know the great revelation will be the next episode, but still). About the episode, it was a fun one overall, I loved all the cameos in it (especially Navimon's and Roleplaymon's). Gosh I sometimes forget how much I like this guys. Especially Navimon, he definetely deserves more time on screen. The background of Asuka's family was cute, while I missed kinda a bit of further development for Astra. I've just realized that Astra has such a DILF as a dad (how old must be Ryutarou?). The finale was terrifying and superbe at the same time...I know that I was hoping for this catharsis for a long time, but now I cannot help but being sad and worried...I'm afraid Haru and Offmon won't be the same anymore...and neither Yuujin.

Btw, is the last Appmon Data Lab corner the confirmation of:
1) Yuujin being an Appmon?
2) Yuujin having romantic feelings for Haru?
3) Offmon being aware of everything?

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As someone who grew up with five uncles, I definitely sympathize with Torajiro even though my uncles were nowhere near as bad as Beardkei.

I actually like the cuter style for this episode.

Nice to see what the series should have been doing from day one, letting the allie Appmon help with stuff.

On that note, I also like that Rei has basically accepted being Mission Control. His arc is more or less done so this is the most appropriate role for him at this point since both his skill set and Appmon are geared toward intelligence gathering rather than combat. Yes they can fight but look at how he behaved in the field, avoiding confrontation unless there was no alternative whereas the other were much more inclined to fight and had better fighters to reflect this (and before you point it out, Rei's victories were do to him and his Buddy being skilled hackers rather than strong fighters with only Revivemon being able to flat out overpower opponents).

Perorimon!!! At least Astra's team are getting to shine.

Overall, another adorable episode and a good place to end the filler before everything goes to Hell.

Last edited:

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the conversation
Rei: Be careful of Yuujin Oozora.
Rei: When I infiltrated the Deep Web the other time, I hacked into and took a peek at Yuujin Oozora's personal background information.
Haru: Why would you do such a thing?
Rei: Because something piqued my interest.
Rei: There, I noticed that Yuujin Oozora's personal information had been modified.
Haru: Modified? You mean, someone changed it on purpose?
Rei: That's right. Whoever did it, they left behind only minute traces that normal people would likely overlook.
Rei: No ordinary person could pull off something like that.
Haru: What do you mean by-
Rei: Anyway, just be careful of him. Don't let your guard down around Yuujin Oozora.
Appmon data lab:
Yuujin: Today's Appmon is...
Offmon: Yuujin, off!
Yuujin: Me!?
Offmon: He's so cool that he's pretty much like a protagonist character, off!
Yuujin: Thanks, but to me, the protagonist would be none other than Haru.
Offmon: Yuujin, you really like Haru, don't you, off?
Offmon: Sometimes, you even look at him with that heated [passionate?] gaze of yours, off.
Yuujin: Today's App proverb! Give your best in the things that you want to do!
Offmon: By the way, Yuujin, have you figured out what you want to do, off?
Yuujin: I guess...it'd be to watch over Haru?
-they've done segments for knight and hajime before, so it's not a sign that Yuujin is an appmon.
-yuujin's (romantic?) feelings for haru were brought up by offmon, but not confirmed personally by yuujin.
-if anything, the data lab is like confirmation that Offmon is clueless about Yuujin's evil? side.

anyway, I really liked the ep!! One of my more liked fillers, the jokes were cute and it was nice seeing their reserve Appmon do things.
I can't deny I'm a bit sad to see Rei interact less with the others but I agree that practicality-wise his skills are wasted if he's on the field instead of helping with the tech stuff, and that he's had his spotlight.
I also love Astra's father's "don't die, Torajirou!" line at the start of the ep. What a supportive father :')

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I just realize.
The Appli driver climb a mountain.
Without safety gear.
Barehanded.
In the real world.
That is pretty dank inpressive for 13 year old bookworm.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Without safety gear.
Barehanded.
In the real world.
He already drank bruderschaft with a mountain in the episode with a digital Denemon, so I don't see an issue here ;).

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So for the final filler-ish episode they finally decided to make use of the other Appmon, wish they'd have done that earlier (did this episode have a different writer or director or something?)
Also various instances of ominous foreshadowing with Yuujin like at the end where he wonders whether the Applicationization program would be that bad.
With how they seem to be building it up I( wonder if we'll see Haru go through a small arc similar to that of Juri in Tamers.

TheCyberSleuth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was a good episode. Love Astra centered episodes. Could have been a tad more focused on Yuujin but I'm still happy with this one. I wonder if that girl in the hospital will be brought up again.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Without safety gear.
Barehanded.
In the real world.
He already drank bruderschaft with a mountain in the episode with a digital Denemon, so I don't see an issue here ;).
They were in the A.R field that time, data body usually give some weird effect on digimon human.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is anyone able to fill me in on the significance of Arukatoraji? I mean besides the pun on Alcatraz.