AppliMonsters Episode 45: A Great Clash!? Gatchmon VS Agumon!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 45: A Great Clash!? Gatchmon VS Agumon!

Episode thread for Episode 45

Air Time:
Saturday 12th August - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 12th August - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 11th August - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 11th August - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 45 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:01pm Pacific, 8/11/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
-I think this is the most beautifuly drawn Agumon I have ever seen! It's a shame Agumon isn't drawn like this in Tri!
-Our heroes actually went to Nakano broadway which was quite the surprise! Does this mean Cyber Sleuth really does take place in the same world as Cyber Sleuth? I'd say it's very possible. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point.
-The group got serparated at nakano broadway because of the huge crowed surounding Eri and Astra for being famous, and Yuujin because he's so popular lol
-Haha Haru is technically this Agumon's Tamer since it's the same one he had in an old video game. Funny enough that game was also called Digimon Universe.
-Speaking of which Everyone knows of Digimon in this show. Much like Tamers it's a videogame.
-Agumon evolved to wargreymon and it legit played BRAVE HEART!!! I couldn't contain my fanboyism! It almost brought tears to my eyes... I miss wada koji ;_;
-We saw Bootmon there at the end. Thankfully according to the animedia preview they're catch him just a couple episodes
-Looking at the preview... it's that guys animation again. The guy who draws everything in that wonky style. Ah well. I'm glad we're getting an astra centered episode after so long. We haven't had one in a while.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm now very hyped for this episode. :D

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this mean Cyber Sleuth really does take place in the same world as Cyber Sleuth? I'd say it's very possible. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point.
Yes, Cyber Sleuth really does take place in the same world as Cyber Sleuth. Great observation.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • So Digimon is a thing in Appmon's Universe? Like Tamers? YAY
  • When Agumon evolved and brave heart played I frikin' fainted.
  • Uratekumon?!
  • Mass-a-Hero Moai is back for the next episode? Seriously, How do they let that wonky style pass?
  • WHY IS MY WARGEYMON IS CGI?! WHY DOES IT LOOK BETTER THAN TRI?!
  • This episode had no plot to be honest :( But the hype tho.
  • But why did they said that it was going to be Taichi's Agumon? YOU LIARS
My Man Chimera-gui said:
Yes, Cyber Sleuth really does take place in the same world as Cyber Sleuth. Great observation.
Are you sure? Because I have a really long theory that it actually takes place in Frontier's Episode 40.

Last edited:

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nakano Broadway is a real place, so it being in this episode doesn't mean it shares a world with Cyber Sleuth.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I guess this cements the Appmon series as being part of the Digimon multiverse... though it doesn't ever definitively call Appmon a kind of Digimon. Too bad, I was hoping we'd get solid confirmation of that.

I love the fanservice everywhere though the episode doesn't really do much besides play up fanservice. That's pretty disappointing.

It did give us some mild character moments with Ai and Wato, who really needed more screentime... I guess.

As happy as I am that this little cameo happened... I am kinda sad it didn't further the plot NOR did it go full crossover with one of the other continuities...

I suppose there's hope for any future Appmon video games having Digimon in them, though? (Not sure the reverse is likely...)

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nakano Broadway is a real place, so it being in this episode doesn't mean it shares a world with Cyber Sleuth.
Yeah I guess it's just an interesting nod to Digimon as a franchise in general, since Nakano Broadway is like a mecca for Japanese Digimon fans.

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was so nice, I loved it!
Eri's glasses weren't enough to help her walk around without being recognized (I think that's a first...?)
Agumon mentioned his adventures fighting Etemon and Vandemon with Haru. Cute interactions everywhere, including his short moments with Gatchmon
A wish granted... WarGreymon in CG was awesome! And they played Brave Heart... the entire scene was nice.
And then we had Bootmon with flyring away out of nowhere again... lol
Also, in that segment before the Ending, Gatchmon impersonates Satellamon's voice and says something like "Digimon is Appmon's senpai"?

p96822

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this episode does anything to move the plot along or is it just filler to have Agumon to celebrate the 20th annavessy of Digimon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the stream link to the first post since it's up.

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WarGreymon is made of Binary code, just like all Digimon are. Appmon are made from recent programming language, and you can see this in the body of the two in the image.
We can say that the App are more advanced Digimon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I would say that the Appmons are an attempt to create Digimons by a simpler, not simpler, but more accessible way, just as programming languages aim to simplify the construction of Man vs. Machine communication, since it is easier to learn a language of Programming that already converts everything we program to 0 and 1, for the machine to understand, than to try to communicate directly with the machine.

I think that following this line, it is understandable that Appmon are very powerful compared to Digimon (As a post here on the same page already showed), since, if communication is simpler, it is easier to add more information and functionality.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not to mention that Globemon (Technically a Perfect) is fighthing almost on par with WarGreymon (A Mega)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WarGreymon is made of Binary code, just like all Digimon are. Appmon are made from recent programming language, and you can see this in the body of the two in the image.
We can say that the App are more advanced Digimon.
Tweaked the embed to have the thumbnail tag.

You've jumped to an unreasonably conclusion though.

Modern computing still breaks down to binary, regardless of the programming language. On and Off. The fact that the code we see is put together in a different way doesn't really tell us anything about how advanced they may or may not be.

Not to mention that Globemon (Technically a Perfect) is fighthing almost on par with WarGreymon (A Mega)
How so? We see WarGreymon reflect a shot that Globemon was going to block, then they both fight the monsters, then they both fire and take out the Appmon of the week. I don't think that really gives us any information about power levels between one or the other, it just tells us that both were more than a match for what they fought.

ABattyResonator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know while this episode might have not been one to move the plot along or such, but damnit! This is what Hunters SHOULD have been like! And the fact they played Brave Heart just cements the moment! I love this episode!

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Binary is the language the machine understands, the language you call recent are called high-level languages because they are closer to the spoken language, they are easier to read by humans.

The Wargreymon there is the essence of the functioning of everything, the machine language.

Appmon is the language closest to humans, the language of the highest level.

It turns out that in programming we have the compilers that translate the source code into the machine language.
In the end, everything is binary

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nakano, Braveheart, CGI WarGreymon... This episode was wonderful! Doesn't matter if it didn't move the plot along really, considering most episodes of Appmon fail to that already. :p

I liked that WarGreymon was a little bit taller than Globemon. Would have annoyed me if it wasn't at least that, since Appmon have a strong SD design.

The binary is a nice touch, since all programming breaks down into binary, much like how even though Appmon have their own unique bits, they're still digimon in the end.

Last edited:

ABattyResonator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nakano, Braveheart, CGI WarGreymon... This episode was wonderful! Doesn't matter if it didn't move the plot along really, considering most episodes of Appmon fail to that already. :p
Although the final fight with Globemon and Charismon is among the best...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Binary is the language the machine understands, the language you call recent are called high-level languages because they are closer to the spoken language, they are easier to read by humans.

The Wargreymon there is the essence of the functioning of everything, the machine language.

Appmon is the language closest to humans, the language of the highest level.

It turns out that in programming we have the compilers that translate the source code into the machine language.
In the end, everything is binary
Everything goes back to binary. The fact one is easier for us to understand/use doesn't inherently make it more advanced in regards to a 'digital lifeform'. Just different.