AppliMonsters Episode 44: Chase the Runaway Bootmon!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 44: Chase the Runaway Bootmon!

Episode thread for Episode 44

Air Time:
Saturday 5th August - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 5th August - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 4th August - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 4th August - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 44 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:00pm Pacific, 8/4/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... How was it?

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Loving Rei's new look. 110% less edgy.
- Looks like Damedamon isn't Sakusimon's evolution despite sharing the same voice actor. Pretty disappointed but understandable
- Not much story advancement here. Actually... none at all. hey manage to find bootmon, but at the end of the episode he gets scared by fireworks and shoots away at the end. Hopefully that was just for comedic reasons and he's now officially part of the main cast because I really don't want another episode of them looking for him again.
- Damedamon's abilities are hilarious and really enjoyable to watch. Seeing everyone because chalk drawings reminded me of chalkzone
- Awww Haru and yuujin acting all romantic there at the end watching fireworks together <3
- We got to see Agumon in the preview for the next episode and he was so beautifully drawn wow! We also got to see Haru and Ai as toddlers. They looked to be about 5 or 6 and they were very cute. Hopefully this means the next episode isn't entirely filler.
-They started showing commercials for the new Digimon Tamers drama cd/bluray and digimon links which is nice.
-Still no evil Yuujin geez!!!

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I NEED MY GODS
  • This episode is named after the first 7 minutes I see. I hope next episode is the same.
  • My boi Damedamon affects the show quality! D:
  • Still how can L-Virus infected Appmon still appear?! I thought we were over it already!
  • Now we have like 8-7 episode left, and one is wasted on some Adventure fanservice.
  • If they do every God episode per episode, then we'll have 4 episode left to do some plot progressing stuff, unless said introduction episodes are plot intensive.
  • Hey, Bootmon is joining the team! I hope this means that Rebootmon will appea-OH YOU SON OF A PLOTMON
Agumon next episode to prove for once that this is a Digimon series! I hope this has something to do with Symbiosis' plot.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About the L-Virus, there is an entire island of Viramon spreading their thick and sticky liquid everywhere.
This look like fun episode but I'm disappointed that there is still no god.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Stream from TV-Tokyo is up, added the link to the first post.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The budget cut is real on this episode. :D
No one said about Appli Yama getting disbanded though.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Have Rei, Hackmon, and Hajime become mission control? Like yeah, Rei's completed his main goal but you'd think he'd be out in the field too.

Poor Bootmon, he's too powerful for his own good. Meanwhile Damedamon is treated like a fucking yōkai, and it seems like he's been infected with the L-Virus or some time given where he was.

Also has anyone else noticed that Astra seems to consistently get the weirdos? Dogamon, Dreammon, Fakemon, and now this guy. Even Musimon is fairly quirky among the Buddies and Uranusmon is the biggest oddball of the God Grades.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I watched the whole episode with a mental jaw drop for the hilarity of that Bootmon. Poor big baby, not even his super boot abilities are under check, although that was understandable as he was born straight as an Ultimate and.....let's face facts, he was created by a lil kid.
But also can be a reference as there's no such thing as a baby level in Appmon, they are born with a child mind and then mature over time. Probably then Gatchmon is one of the youngest and Hackmon maybe the oldest of the group. (I'd say if that was Offmon the youngest but by knowing he was Shutmon in some time before to meet Yuujin makes his age a bit questionable. Specially with that voice)

And speaking of Shutmon

Offu~~~~knead knead knead~~~
lol that cracked me out
Five seconds of nonsense, worth it

That Damedamon, called it was a wild random one but his ability was hilarious :3

And Bootmon has now joined the party after this frenetic race. Yup all was needed was to take Hajime there. Guess now there's no much left besides the Gods (it's gonna be a last hour thing no?), Levianthan itself and Yuujin's inevitable dark hour.
I just don't know how Rebootmon is going to be possible anytime soon due to Yuujin's nature. It's not too orthodox to think he might be the very last god to debut but who knows.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the last part, I just realise bootmon realize himself without Applidrive.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... How was it?
Rei stopped looking like a beggar, and started wearing normal clothes. Also Hajime took his pro hacker place, and now he doesn't know what to do with himself ;).

That Hajime's heart attack at the beginning of the episode, and that facepalm + Hackmon explaining things was pretty funny and cute. It was funny that Astra, who is constantly farting, was the only one that kept his nose shut after Damedamemon used his attack.

I don't know why, but Yuujin's eyes in this episode were really weird and out of place. I would even say they were evil. Wonder if something happened inside him, or maybe it's just the style of the GFX guy of that episode.

Overall it was a pretty funny episode. I hoped Hajime will get his Appli Drive in this episode, but he didn't.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never forget
Easily the funniest part of the episode.

What makes it even better is knowing that looking like rushed marker-on-paper doodles is how they appeared to Haru & company!

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
umm...anyone know who's been subbing this series? Usually episode comes out on Monday or before but subbed ep44 has not been seen so far....:S

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It look like holiday for subber, not only Appmon but every anime this week hasn't been subbed yet.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This took longer than usual...
Shouldn't this thread have a 3 page debate by now?

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw, Boo is such a big baby. Always blasting off whenever he gets scared too much.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Appmon Kindergarden is an interesting piece of WB.
I still don't why Entermon is immune to Damedamon sigh, is it because he always happy?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still don't why Entermon is immune to Damedamon sigh, is it because he always happy?
I guess it's because of the same reason why the Mental Illusion of BelialVamdemon didn't affect to Daisuke in 02 lol

Anyways, quite nice episode. I'm totally fan of Bootmon now, he's oficially the most adorable Appmon (apart from Offmon, indeed). His speech about the sun was a nice touch considering one its attack techniques is 'Kunckle Sol'. Also, the design and lore of Damedamon is so cool, and the Appliyama hiatus momento was a hard shock while necessary I guess...Overall, I'm more than ready to see where the show is heading after the fillerish episode of Agumon, and how will the guys approach Leviathan and vice versa. On the other hand, I really need Yujin to reveal its "true" motive soon, or I'll die of intrigue hahaha.

Last edited: