AppliMonsters Episode 42: Rei's Determination! Operation: Search for Hajime!

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright, after having time to cold my head and forget the subject for a bit, I'm here now to apologize for my behavior from yesterday.
Though I didn't take this frustration on anyone in particular, seems did upset some people and with all honesty, I didn't meant that. You may not believe me, but I truly did not mean any harm.
Regardless, I still did not approach in a good manner and I'm sorry about that.
Although I do wish you could approach me in a less confronting way so could touch the issue easier. It's better discussed when both parties keep a cool and calm tone but ultimately failed to do that. Probably was just a bad time for such recent topic when it was still very hot.

I'll tone down for now on, until the anime ends. There's where I'll leave for good and you won't hear from me again in this place.
Hope I didn't give the impression I'm this bad overall, just didn't provide the best words and the best reviews.

Anyway that's all I wanted to say.
If next week's episode may cloud my judgment once again, I'll make sure to keep it to myself.

See ya next episode, maybe.
Have a small Hackmon artwork from me, made few weeks ago as final note.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Naww! That artwork is very cute! X3

Also i can understand your frustration a bit...and i am sure yuujin and offmon will get some focus again even with only 10 episodes left. But that plot with Hajime also needs to be solved and i am sure you understand this too

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not that we don't want to hear from you but as Jay noted your close-mindedness and lack of self-awareness are a big problem, please try to work on these issues.

Anyway, this is definitely one of Rei's best episodes and a good Eri episode as well. I'm sure the person on tumblr that started shipping them together is going to be very happy about this.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing episode. I still hope to see Damedamon as Sleepmon's awakened form though it seems a bit out of place. That long haired female Leviathan is not that interesting if she needs to transform into Deusmon in the blink of an eye. Bad luck for Rei if his brother is a useless ultimate, wishful thinking though.
Other hopes:
Yuujin's mom: black appli driver, silly
Deusmon: Leviathan
Knight: Sateramon's buddy
Hajime: Bootmon's buddy

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Knight does presumably still have Sateramon's Chip and unlike the four idiots, we don't know if he was killed off.

It's also worth remembering that anime and manga can diverge drastically so let's not assume that something that happened in the manga is guaranteed to be in the anime as well and vice-versa. (e.g. Kotone and Ewan Amano)

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watched the subbed version.
I don't understand the thing about him being blunt make him A.I thing, he just pointed out that if Hajime is Appmon how does Rei recognize him.
I feel bad for Hackmon for dealing with Rei stubborness. Just say good morning Rei.
Best quote:
Astra: If sleepmon is awake would it still can be called Sleepmon?

Last edited:

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Knight does presumably still have Sateramon's Chip and unlike the four idiots, we don't know if he was killed off.

It's also worth remembering that anime and manga can diverge drastically so let's not assume that something that happened in the manga is guaranteed to be in the anime as well and vice-versa. (e.g. Kotone and Ewan Amano)
I really look forward to such a diversion. As I said, I'm not interested in seeing that Leviathan in the anime, but as I've mentioned in my other post, the owner of the red eyes in new appmon key art is not like those of any God grade appmon and thus at least one form of Leviathan may appear in the anime. I just hope for a better design in this case.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't understand the thing about him being blunt make him A.I thing, he just pointed out that if Hajime is Appmon how does Rei recognize him.
(From what I know) One thing is that AI tend to not be able to express tactfulness in context like humans (and that could be a sign his AI is still learning how to deal with human interactions), but then again this is our era and AI in Appmon era definitely seems more advanced. Nothing solid really :p
The major thing about this line is that we don't know if Rei even told the others that Hajime was turned into an Appmon. All the lines suggesting that were said when Biomon was alone with Rei/Hackmon, and knowing Rei he doesn't tend to just tell others this stuff..so if it's true that he didn't tell them then it'd cast suspicion on Yuujin for knowing about this.

Also was wondering if this Yuujin could be a clone/fake since Knight explicitly stated that Leviathan doesn't want Yuujin killed, then threatens to kill him in his game thing anyway, which might suggest the Yuujin that he was gonna kill was a fake/clone? And that's the Yuujin they rescued. Either way I thought it was weird, though it could be possible that Knight wouldn't actually go through with killing Yuujin (from the previous ep, it seems clear that Knight would never defy Leviathan's orders)

I'm starting to think that the pairing Leviathan-Minerva will end up to be a fight between two forces that are both evil for different reasons...something similar to the Hunger Games in between Snake and the President of the District 13. Just a thought
Not familiar with Hunger Games, but I thought of something more along the lines of Persona 2..simply put (persona 2 spoilers-ish)
a "good" god and an "evil" god have differing views on humanity (whether they can rise above human nature, or just end up destroying themselves), and decide to make a sort of bet to see whose views are correct. The "good" god bestows powers onto some humans and the humans go through fighting/suffering, eventually facing off against the "evil" god they view as evil, unaware they're all just part of an experiment/competition/bet made by the gods.
So the Applidrivers were made by Minerva as a bet against Leviathan, Minerva believing that humans deserve to live, while Leviathan thinks the opposite. And the Applidrivers are just part of their little game so to speak, in a world where AIs have risen to the level of gods.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not familiar with Hunger Games, but I thought of something more along the lines of Persona 2..simply put (persona 2 spoilers-ish)
a "good" god and an "evil" god have differing views on humanity (whether they can rise above human nature, or just end up destroying themselves), and decide to make a sort of bet to see whose views are correct. The "good" god bestows powers onto some humans and the humans go through fighting/suffering, eventually facing off against the "evil" god they view as evil, unaware they're all just part of an experiment/competition/bet made by the gods.
So the Applidrivers were made by Minerva as a bet against Leviathan, Minerva believing that humans deserve to live, while Leviathan thinks the opposite. And the Applidrivers are just part of their little game so to speak, in a world where AIs have risen to the level of gods.
I played Persona series as well, and I share the similar theory regarding the two AI's in this series. A matter if humanity can prevail over their limitations and realize their potential as better and enlightened masses.

On the current episode... Dang, Rei is perhaps the stiffest of them all and his social skills indeed need much polishing. Though kid's gradually opening up. Had a bout giggles too when Musimon accidentally ripped his pants in an attempt to pull off his Music Yo Yo Fist Style.

Last edited:

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Somehow doesn't seem Levianthan is really losing here.
He lost Satellamon, the Ultimate 4 and now Sleepmon but the latter was as if was expecting it, in a point to smoothly leading everyone to the right place and then just let them go away without much of a fight, and watching everything. After all the efforts it took to hide the kid and how long it managed to keep the whole situation away from his brother, something does not feel right there.
Sounds like a trap. "All according to plan"
According wikimon, sounds like a bad idea to wake up a Sleepmon.
But also according the same website, Rei may get the ability to change his brother back to normal with the right cards. As it seems Hackmon will be one of the first appmon to archive the god level, next to Hal.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(From what I know) One thing is that AI tend to not be able to express tactfulness in context like humans (and that could be a sign his AI is still learning how to deal with human interactions), but then again this is our era and AI in Appmon era definitely seems more advanced. Nothing solid really :p
The major thing about this line is that we don't know if Rei even told the others that Hajime was turned into an Appmon. All the lines suggesting that were said when Biomon was alone with Rei/Hackmon, and knowing Rei he doesn't tend to just tell others this stuff..so if it's true that he didn't tell them then it'd cast suspicion on Yuujin for knowing about this.

Also was wondering if this Yuujin could be a clone/fake since Knight explicitly stated that Leviathan doesn't want Yuujin killed, then threatens to kill him in his game thing anyway, which might suggest the Yuujin that he was gonna kill was a fake/clone? And that's the Yuujin they rescued. Either way I thought it was weird, though it could be possible that Knight wouldn't actually go through with killing Yuujin (from the previous ep, it seems clear that Knight would never defy Leviathan's orders)

I'm starting to think that the pairing Leviathan-Minerva will end up to be a fight between two forces that are both evil for different reasons...something similar to the Hunger Games in between Snake and the President of the District 13. Just a thought
How does he know is definitely could be put in question.

I thought something similiar myself but rather than bet between two jackass god(let's be honest here, philemon deserve that punch) it's a glitch between Minerva programming that dictates human need to decide if they want to be slave to A.I or slave to it.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anybody have any idea about the last scene of preview part? That seems extremely meaningless to me. I have no idea what Difmtwk can mean though I think it will shown when Sleepmon is gonna wake up.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anybody have any idea about the last scene of preview part? That seems extremely meaningless to me. I have no idea what Difmtwk can mean though I think it will shown when Sleepmon is gonna wake up.
Perhaps it was just the usual letter handling until get to the right words. Usual to see in keyboarding scenes. It may mean something although.
There's no way to tell for the time being if Sleepmon is going to wake up next episode although. Or what the others will do to do that.

Actually there may be episode spoilers known by the japanese audience, via a magazine that is launched early every month that contains summaries of several airing tv shows. The problem is, when they decide to let that know in the internet, which lately didn't feel like it.

Last edited:

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode is well-done. Rei went through a lot. The Soundtrack and the Visual of the Rei-Sleepmon_H, I really like. The tension between Rei and Yuujin may get somewhere. Soon after Yuujin's part would come and the impact of Agumon is yet to be known, so the story is still unclear, but I would expect next level not earlier than Episode 46. The interaction between Rei and the AppliYama is cool as well.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay the exchange Rei and Hackmon had when Rei was being forced to be Happy jumping mouse was the greatest exchange so far, the awkward silence right before "why dou you know that?" was perfect.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The English letters mean nothing, but they change into "Welcome, Hajime" in Japanese.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally get to watch this damn episode, it's a gud one!
The best part was Rei JHTing Viramon.
AND SL33PMON IS HAJIME!!!
BUT IF SLEEPMON WAKES UP WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The English letters mean nothing, but they change into "Welcome, Hajime" in Japanese.
I think somebody on Twitter got a partial translation by using Japanese character input mode, and pressing those keys. Something along the lines of "they" can't do "something".

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a good episode. And indeed it appears that Yuujin has said more than he should. I mean, it looked like the rest of the kids were surprised to hear that Hajime is an appmon, while Rei was angered that someone else knows that. Too bad, Rei already forgot that he was suspicious of Yuujin, and didn't ask how did he know that.

For me the cutest moments were when Anezaki called Rei a genius when he fixed her laptop, and later she repeated that title when she pushed him to the stage. And for me, out of that two, it actually was Elena that was extremely rude, and not Rei. Plus, it looked like they saw and treated him like a free slave. I hardly can imagine Anezaki going to bring a water to either of the girls because they just said they wanted it. But maybe it's just me, and me not knowing the rules of show business...

Last edited:

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you so much. I couldn't think of any combination of words that can fit those seven letters while related to appmon characters or plot. But couldn't understand the Japanese part. Thanks.