AppliMonsters Episode 42: Rei's Determination! Operation: Search for Hajime!

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She's being biased, but I kinda of agree with her. We're dealing with Yujin's mystery since the very beginning...and still not an explanation on that. Even more, if we try to analyze the great plot lines that the guys have to face during the second half of the season, we have:
1) Rei looking for Hajime (in progress) - In the Manga (done)
2) Knight and the 4 Ultimates (done) - In the Manga (in progress)
3) Eri's breakdown (in progress) - In the Manga (not even mentioned)
4) Haru's bed wetting (done) - In the Manga (replaced by anime Taiki Kudo's personality)
5) Appli Drive DUO (done) - In the Manga (done)
6) Yujin & Offmon's mystery (not a single clue) - In the Manga (apparently not even relevant in this continuity...)
7) Bootmon's chasing (started up) - In the Manga (in progress)
8) God Level Awakening (started up) - In the Manga (in progress)
9) Leviathan's True Form (started up) - In the Manga (done)
10) Final Showdown - In the Manga (in progress)

A part of me wants this to be addressed because I want to see Offmon again in the spotlight indeed, but more importantly, if this situtation is not properly resolved, that would result in a huge plot hole that would make the series not even decent overall, and that's my greatest fear here...cause let's be serious, Digimon is not Pokémon or Yokai Watch, the plot has to reach a final conclusion sooner or later...

Last edited:

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She's being biased, but I kinda of agree with her. We're dealing with Yujin's mystery since the very beginning...and still not an explanation on that. Even more, if we try to analyze the great plot lines that the guys have to face during the second half of the season, we have:
1) Rei looking for Hajime (in progress) - In the Manga (done)
2) Knight and the 4 Ultimates (done) - In the Manga (in progress)
3) Eri's breakdown (in progress) - In the Manga (not even mentioned)
4) Haru's bed wetting (done) - In the Manga (replaced by anime Taiki Kudo's personality)
5) Appli Drive DUO (done) - In the Manga (done)
6) Yujin & Offmon's mystery (not a single clue) - In the Manga (apparently not even relevant in this continuity...)
7) Bootmon's chasing (started up) - In the Manga (in progress)
8) God Level Awakening (started up) - In the Manga (in progress)
9) Leviathan's True Form (started up) - In the Manga (done)
10) Final Showdown - In the Manga (in progress)

A part of me wants this to be resolved because I want to see Offmon again in the spotlight indeed, but more importantly, if this situtation is not even properly adressed, that would result in a huge plot hole that would make the series not even decent overall, and that's my greatest fear here...:(
I call to disagree about being biased cuz my good sir, my statement about this had nothing to do with my dumb and irrelevant tastes. It is purely based in the very near future, on the plot itself and the reality of the pressure of what we are about to see. You can't really put a blind eye about it, I mean, do you think I'd even talk about Yuujin's mystery if the show didn't insist on that in the first place?
But the show did show consistence on that. Since episode 1.
That aside, there's 9 episodes left. There's just so much to do. How are they gonna crop all of that in less than 9 episodes, excluding the potential filler of Agumon?
Isn't that reason to be a tad worried about?

Last edited:

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've always been more of a character person than plot person so bad plots don't bother me if I like the characters/interactions, but I do agree Appmon's pacing was pretty whack at places and can see why people are getting annoyed, haha.

Yuujin's 'mom' being Leviathan is a good plot idea, and not too much of a twist to expect from Digimon. (To be fair, I didn't think Bootmon-Hajime was too much of a twist either.)
There's a fine line between twists being too obvious and too out-of-nowhere though, I personally felt the Hajime reveal was okay? (I personally wouldn't call it a 'twist' because they didn't seem to be hinting too much towards any particular Appmon)
We can see from all the speculation that it has never been *too* obvious who Hajime is (though I do agree Bootmon or Hackmon might've been more dramatic haha)

Was evil Yuujin a thing in the manga though? I missed getting one or two of the chapters and my memory's a bit hazy on the earlier ones, but I don't seem to remember evil Yuujin there.

I'm not too worried myself because everything hints towards their situation getting addressed (Leviathan did order Yuujin not to be killed so I expect his big reveal to be when they actually meet Leviathan), but Offmon..I'm not too sure about? There's def the mystery about how he's been Shutmon before, but his plotline of 'berserk Shutmon' has been somewhat cleared so in the worst case scenario it might not be brought up again. I'm personally hoping Offmon was sent by Minerva somehow, so if that's the case Yuujin/Offmon would probably be addressed together nearing or in the final confrontation.

Yuujin's lack of tact is slightly addressed in this ep (which miiight point further towards him being an AI), though I haven't taken note of exactly how tactful he's been throughout the series so idk if it's just a one-time thing.

Though yeah, I am somewhat more of a Rei fan than Yuujin fan so I will gobble down my fanservice soup gladly.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was evil Yuujin a thing in the manga though? I missed getting one or two of the chapters and my memory's a bit hazy on the earlier ones, but I don't seem to remember evil Yuujin there.

I'm not too worried myself because everything hints towards their situation getting addressed (Leviathan did order Yuujin not to be killed so I expect his big reveal to be when they actually meet Leviathan), but Offmon..I'm not too sure about? There's def the mystery about how he's been Shutmon before, but his plotline of 'berserk Shutmon' has been somewhat cleared so in the worst case scenario it might not be brought up again. I'm personally hoping Offmon was sent by Minerva somehow, so if that's the case Yuujin/Offmon would probably be addressed together nearing or in the final confrontation.

Yuujin's lack of tact is slightly addressed in this ep (which miiight point further towards him being an AI), though I haven't taken note of exactly how tactful he's been throughout the series so idk if it's just a one-time thing.
As far as I know, "evil" Yuujin was not a thing in the manga.
About Offmon.....I do wish could learn more about his past as he stated to use to be a Shutmon with that berserk issue. Anyway, one last bit of Shutmon is all I ask at this point.

But now you've mentioned by hoping Offmon was sent by Minerva, I'd love to see that too. There's several hints in that regard and maybe, just maybe won't go to waste. Offmon seems influenced by Minerva (as Shutmon only) in similar fashion as Yuujin appears to be manipulated by Levianthan (the eye glow thing I mean. Happened too often to put a blind eye on it). Who knows.

About Yuujin's lack of tact, hum he did express that more than once before.
Not mentioning Rei seems rather wary of him. He never talked to him even when addressed. Yeah Rei is distant to every soul but not in a point to a person only get cold stares from him as an answer. As if he suspects Yuujin...

Last edited:

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Softmon your posts here really sound like you hate everything that has nothing to do with yuujin and offmon. It really does. And I really don't like it because it also sounds like you hate the fans of Rei that have fun right now because he has more screentime than ever before

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Softmon your posts here really sound like you hate everything that has nothing to do with yuujin and offmon. It really does. And I really don't like it because it also sounds like you hate the fans of Rei that have fun right now because he has more screentime than ever before
Since ever being concerned by the plot's flow has anything to do with hate? Just read again what you just wrote, that's not a very nice to say to anyone. Those were very strong words, you shouldn't address anyone with that tone. There's more polite ways to discuss a topic but in that way, it's not worth of anyone's time.
Negativity is one thing.
Hate is an entirely different level. Never mention in any circumstances unless you want to start a fight. Which I'm not bound to give you that pleasure.
There's an unbalance here and there's always someone who'd notice that and bring that up. You can't really silence people just because views may contrast yours. Not all opinions will be roses you know that. You are free to ignore different opinions but bashing them is not right.

Last edited:

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I don't have any issues with SoftMon words, but maybe because I also like Haru and Yuujin from the Appmons the most, so in a way we are on the same cart.

But in reality the only character I used to dislike was Eri because of her out of place Dokkan Punch. Because even Astra knew when to use his catchphrase to bring a smile to our mouth, and when using it will be most accurate. Since recently Eri stopped being a dick, even she's likeable now.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Personally I don't have any issues with SoftMon words, but maybe because I also like Haru and Yuujin from the Appmons the most, so in a way we are on the same cart.

But in reality the only character I used to dislike was Eri because of her out of place Dokkan Punch. Because even Astra knew when to use his catchphrase to bring a smile to our mouth, and when using it will be most accurate. Since recently Eri stopped being a dick, even she's likeable now.
I'm not understanding why this conversation about bringing Yuujin to the topic is even an issue. I didn't even talk about that in the first place, just as a replay for Garmmy cuz well they mentioned it so just normal to talk about it a bit.
I only stated about the plot flow problem but for some reason it's treated here as if that's a nonexistent issue.

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Returning to the original comment of SoftMon, she just said that all this stuff about Hajime's rescue was a bit melodramatic, which is a bit true. As much as I like the series, Appmon has several issues with the timing of the action, not to mention that it clearly doesn't know how to handle some of its comedic moments in order to mantain properly the tension. But that's not exactly new...

I think the point is that sometimes they are spending too much time in filler and insubstantial moments, while there are other episodes where the pace is alarmingly rushed (let's say ep.40). And I'm not talking at all about Hajime's rescue, that was super cute. But I understand that some fans are wondering when are they going to approach other important issues like Yujin's mysterious background, and Offmon's in a less extent. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

I personally prefer to think that they are going to reserve the best for the final stretch.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not understanding why this conversation about bringing Yuujin to the topic is even an issue. I didn't even talk about that in the first place, just as a replay for Garmmy cuz well they mentioned it so just normal to talk about it a bit.
When you've outright said that you're only here for Offmon, and have complained in other threads that the Hajime plot was taking up too much time in relation to Offmon/Yujin, it's pretty obvious where you're coming from when you complain about Hajime again in this thread.

Let's stick to discussing the episode, everyone.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When you've outright said that you're only here for Offmon, and have complained in other threads that the Hajime plot was taking up too much time in relation to Offmon/Yujin, it's pretty obvious where you're coming from when you complain about Hajime again in this thread.

Let's stick to discussing the episode, everyone.
This is a forum, one single universal opinion is not going to happen. People came here to let go and you don't have to take it to heart. Just ignore it if you don't like it. The only thing you accomplish by that is absolutely unrewarding. It won't help you.
Anyway enough of this. I dunno about you but let's stop this. This won't get to anywhere.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei being Rei and all I think the MVP of this episode is actually Eri friend, Alice and what her name, Serena? And Eri manager Those two would be perfectly good character to get caught in appmon secret shenanigan in early chapter.
Now I want more of them even though knowing that the series will end in 9 episode. :(

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arisu and Erena, they advertise the Reading App and Funny News App respectively.

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are going back to the Cyber Arena next episode, so they probably are reuniting all the Appmon they collected into one place to see if anyone knows how to bring Hajime back to it's original form (or they are just going to make another tournament like in earlier episodes)?
Also, I suppose something needs to happen with Sleepmon soon, since the rescue was really 'easy' and he's still sleeping... right?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SoftMon, my comment wasn't meant to be hurtful. I was just really tired of your negatively. Like... I don't think I've seen a post of yours that didn't call something "melodramatic" or "boring" or "fanservice" or "unimportant" because it didn't deal with Offmon and Yuujin.

Like, I can understand having favorites. But does that really mean that another character's development arc is "fanservice" or "unimportant"? Offmon and Yuujin aren't the protagonists. They aren't even main characters, they're side characters, ironically. If their development is important, then surely Astra, Eri, and Rei deserve their own screentime, too. Rei is my least-favorite character among the main kids, but it was just extremely frustrating seeing the endless wave of biased comments. Clearly these past few episodes are important episodes. Yes, there's some focus on Rei, but that's the natural flow of storytelling they've been building up for a long time. And his character arc is very directly tied into the main plot. You don't have to like him to see how his story is world-building the mechanics of the Appmon universe, and also characterizing Leviathan, our main villain.

I don't have a problem with your opinion, I'm just frustrated with your lack of self-awareness and open-mindedness. And I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just letting you know that this kind of single-minded favoritism is so distasteful, that it's actually effecting how I see your favorite characters, despite how much I initially liked them. Basically... you're not helping them by being so negative about every other character and plotline...

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, this may be me just overthinking thing but...
Why did Leviathan goes so far and create such an elaborate plan to trap the Appli driver?
If we think about it for a moment she could just destroy them without even using Appmon and only using the asset of L-Corp.
Simple. It wasn't a trap for them.
It was for Minerva.
Killing the Appli driver is easy, but Minerva could just create another drivers.
Leviathan don't want to keep culling the weed. It want to the destroy the root so that the weed won't be able to grow anymore.
The Appli Drivers is not the threat, Minerva is.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, this may be me just overthinking thing but...
Why did Leviathan goes so far and create such an elaborate plan to trap the Appli driver?
If we think about it for a moment she could just destroy them without even using Appmon and only using the asset of L-Corp.
Simple. It wasn't a trap for them.
It was for Minerva.
Killing the Appli driver is easy, but Minerva could just create another drivers.
Leviathan don't want to keep culling the weed. It want to the destroy the root so that the weed won't be able to grow anymore.
The Appli Drivers is not the threat, Minerva is.
I'm starting to think that the pairing Leviathan-Minerva will end up to be a fight between two forces that are both evil for different reasons...something similar to the Hunger Games in between Snake and the President of the District 13. Just a thought.

By the way, I've just watched the subbed episode, and there are quite interesting tidbits that I couldn't get while watching the raw. For instance, I liked a lot Rei rudness towards the members of Appliyama 470, and their interactions. I think Elena's personality is quite enjoyable, while Alice is more weird to me. The comical moments in this episode were quite well paced and weren't out of place, unlike what I'm used to. Also, as someone has already pointed out before, the plan went quite smoothly, and that is very suspicious...Same as Haru, I have a bad feeling about this, especially after that Plan Completed thing. On the other hand, I didn't see the lack of gentleness from Yujin, he's a bit blunt, especially if you compare him with Haru, but quite realistic after all. I'm also surprised about Eri's breakdown, I believe that if this is properly developed from now on, it can become one of the most interesting points character development-wise in the second arc of the series.

The funniest moment: Duel of cuteness between Offmon & Sleepmon :eek:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually hope that is not the case. Digimon has lacking in big good recently, with Yggdrasil and homeostasis turn out to be quiet dick in different way.
I want Minerva to be a good but outclassed god-like being.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually hope that is not the case. Digimon has lacking in big good recently, with Yggdrasil and homeostasis turn out to be quiet dick in different way.
But good for who? That's my point.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But good for who? That's my point.
For the protagonist? If they aren't on the protagonist side they can't be called big good.

The only genuine, real big good we have is V-Tamer holy angemon, who after Summoning Taichi apologized to him and explain the circumstances.