AppliMonsters Episode 42: Rei's Determination! Operation: Search for Hajime!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 42: Rei's Determination! Operation: Search for Hajime!

Episode thread for Episode 42

Air Time:
Saturday 22nd July - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 22nd July - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 21st July - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 21st July - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 42 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:18pm Pacific, 7/21/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, so it seems we finally know where Hajime is! People predicted it before, and honestly it's kind of a let down compared to the other various theories.

The episode itself was pretty great. Funny moments, but these characters have genuinely won me over and I love seeing them interact and grow with eachother.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd prefer if Hajime was Bootmon, that'd be more interesting...

Like how Rei was forced to wear that panda/bear/whatever suit, and also loves how he give the girls different variants of choo choo.

Was Musimon pants' got teared down ala sponge bob?

@Shinji
We see many standard grade again (from kids' collections) just like that Cyber Arena episode. It seems next ep would deal about how to turn Hajime back to his human form.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the stream link to the original post since it's up.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People predicted it before, and honestly it's kind of a let down compared to the other various theories.
I always knew it would be. No one should have expected some mind-blowing plot twist from a Digimon series.

Next episode looks like it'll be one of the silly, boring ones, though that "Welcome, Hajime" in Leviathan-font at the end of the preview gives me some hope.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finish it.
I... I can't stop laughing.
The Happy mouse thunder is five night at freddy Pikachu, the eyes of the costume is too damn creepy.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess we're close to the resolution of Rei-Hajime story line. I think the only mystery left to explore is "Terminator Yuujin" and his "mom".

And the Bootmon angle's likely to be tied at the final battle.

Last edited:

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That blond Appliyama Girl really is annoying...
Also this episode really had a fun part...poor Rei xD
But I liked the end...it was sooo cute x3

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm betting that Yuujin mother is Leviathan, it's one way to get the character that literally never appears on-screen a background.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The episode was pretty fun. But I have a bad feeling that Leviathan herself actually wanted Rei to find Hajime and take him out of the L-Corp. Especially with the red タスク終了 at the end. Maybe Sleepmon is ready to wake up, and that's why Leviathan let him go.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The episode was pretty fun. But I have a bad feeling that Leviathan herself actually wanted Rei to find Hajime and take him out of the L-Corp. Especially with the red タスク終了 at the end. Maybe Sleepmon is ready to wake up, and that's why Leviathan let him go.
Not only that, Haru himself comments that 'everything went too smoothly'. When Rei and Hackmon were running from the robot horde, the shutters and stuff deliberately open/closed to lead him to the Sleepmon room.

Anyway I loved this episode /v\ I did and still do have a bit of social awkwardness (not as bad as Rei's at least hahaha) but it felt relatable..I guess Rei really has been out of touch with the world for a good while.
Also I loved the previous cyber arena episode so I'm hoping next week's one will be as enjoyable!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp.
Look like Hajime is literally an alarm waiting to go off.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not only that, Haru himself comments that 'everything went too smoothly'. When Rei and Hackmon were running from the robot horde, the shutters and stuff deliberately open/closed to lead him to the Sleepmon room.

Anyway I loved this episode /v\ I did and still do have a bit of social awkwardness (not as bad as Rei's at least hahaha) but it felt relatable..I guess Rei really has been out of touch with the world for a good while.
Also I loved the previous cyber arena episode so I'm hoping next week's one will be as enjoyable!
Yeah, when they were running from the robot horde, Rei said something that he doesn't care who opened the door. It makes me wonder if everything of this was already planned by Leviathan. I mean assigning Knight as CEO, and ordering killing him knowing that the rest of the kids will protect him, and in return Knight will reveal where Hajime is, so Rei will be able to rescue him... It makes me wonder how far Leviathan can predict her and her opponent moves, and how much can she sacrifice to complete her goals. Because it seems that the Ultimate Four were just scapegoats from the start meant to be killed by the kids...

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess this means that Bootmon can still become Hajime's partner.

Yuujin's 'mom' being Leviathan is a good plot idea, and not too much of a twist to expect from Digimon. (To be fair, I didn't think Bootmon-Hajime was too much of a twist either.)

Also, Elena was totally justified in her reactions. Rei was being extremely impolite and was doing a terrible job as a manager. I kinda appreciated how she just told him so to his face.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally this melodrama ended.
(can we get relevant screentime on others now?)
This episode was meh due to it predictability and rushed ending but fanservice for Rei's fans I guess.

But I'm getting really scared how the next episodes will be handled. 9 episodes left. No gods. No touch in Yuujin's dark mystery. And still there's that fanservice Agumon filler in the middle just to delay everything. I don't have anything against him that but wish could be done earlier. (hope at least get some evolved fights if cannot have a plot. Or priceless character interaction. If that, bring it on)

That literally leaves like 7 episodes for the climax. The thought is scary.

Last edited:

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, SoftMon, your negativity is so biased it makes me hate Offmon and Yuujin.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, SoftMon, your negativity is so biased it makes me hate Offmon and Yuujin.
That was really uncalled for.
I didn't even mention Offmon, why did you bring that on? If you hate Offmon and Yuujin is completely irrelevant and it's very unrewarding to say that from you.
It's like you are suggesting Yuujin's situation was never important. Last time I checked, he was suspicious since day 1, it wouldn't be a surprise if he ends up to be the last major obstacle.

And what I said is no lie, it's the reality of the situation. We are very near of the end, and they aren't no near to get there. There's so much to unveil, so many few episodes and we are still getting small matters. Aren't you worrying about this strange flow? Like seriously?