AppliMonsters Episode 40: The Ultimate 4 Again! Cloud's Challenge!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that we know Hajime is an Appmon, and if Hajime=Hackmon theory is true, would it be very horrifying for Rei to realize not only that he reject his brother but also get him killed once?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, the only reason that I don't think Hajime is Hackmon is *because* Hackmon got reset in the recent episode. It seems really strange that if Hackmon IS Hajime that his 'default setting' personality would be so un-Hajime-like.

But I mean... yeah, it's almost certainly Hackmon at this point, right?

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We don't what happened to Hajame beyond being converted into an Appmon though, it's possible that Hackmon is completely unaware that he was ever human let alone that he's the brother that he's been helping his Buddy look for this whole time.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think someone brought it up before, but there was also the Sakushimon episode where there was a (supposedly) live clip of Hajime playing while Raidramon is still around, suggesting the conversion might've taken place afterwards.
Tbh I want it to be Hackmon because of all the story possibilities/drama, but I'm kinda leaning towards Bootmon for now (maybe that's why Leviathan is so keen on getting him back, because he escaped?).

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I was the one who mentioned Sakusimon clip thingy few thread back.
That Video could be fake but also could real.
The possible Appmon for Hajime is Hackmon, Bootmon and Maybe Charismon and Leviathan him(?)self.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Apparently Revivemon called Biomon a quack, royally pissing off Biomon.
Speaking of royally pissed off, while Rei softened up to the Haru, Eri and Astra; His reason for having them move ahead was so they couldn't stop him from interrogating Biomon Volgin style.

And Fakemon is a strong contender for most manipulative of the Ultimate 4, second only to Charismon. Poor Astra, he and Eri care so much about each other.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fakemon's undoing really bugged me. He would have won if his fake Eri hadn't kept talking for no reason. But the whole situation was really stupid. Fakemon shushes Musimon and then sets off a goddamn bomb. Which for some reason Torajiro doesn't hear. Apparently he was too focused on Eri to hear his partner screaming right behind him.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have an explanation for "Hajime is Hackmon", and the "reset"...

[theory]Hajime was made into a Hackmon. Rei's Hackmon data was locked inside... broken Drive, himself, whatever it was. Being an empty "shell", a random personality was created for "that" Hackmon. When Rei's Hackmon came back into the "shell", the "other" personality was overriden. It also explains why they had no memories of forgetting them...[/theory]

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"they are nicer than me, they may attempt to stop me otherwise." Haha Rei.

I have doubt now that Hajime is Hackmon, I think Hajime=Bootmon is more likely now, Hajime is Leviathan chosen one as Biomon say and Bootmon is Leviathan most important person, the chance of the two being related is more than Hajime and Random Minerva Appmon.

I could be wrong but the chance of it being true is high.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel conflicted about this episode. The point raised by Fakemon and Biomon's Scenarios are good, but the whole episode is too rushed. Each Ultimate 4 can get one episode each. Biomon's stuff is okay, but he did not use any named technique. Fakemon's is the same. Beautymon's Scenario is not good, but she used a named technique and a cool one at that, Rose Phoenix, very cool. I can understand not using Revivemon to hack, but why not Raidramon? Three Grey Chips already, wonder what this last arc will entail with the remaining episodes. Charismon is acting suspicious.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm predicting from the fact that they got them as Grey Chips means that there's going to be a character-development episode for the kids where they Activate them. And perhaps the Ultimate Three will be revealed as having been under Charismon's control all along, and maybe get a bit more character development.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I I can understand not using Revivemon to hack, but why not Raidramon? .
I assume it is Rei being sadistic and condescening against Biomon, "Look! You, the Ultimate Appmon, is getting tortured by a standard Appmon!"

I just realized, when Yuujin say I protect yoj to Haru the thread become ship dock.
But here, no mention of Astra abandoning the fight to save Eri.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm predicting from the fact that they got them as Grey Chips means that there's going to be a character-development episode for the kids where they Activate them. And perhaps the Ultimate Three will be revealed as having been under Charismon's control all along, and maybe get a bit more character development.
I guess Rei will get Hadesmon when he will save Hajime (hopefully)

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was an awesome episode. Though I agree it was surprising for 3 of the Ultimate 4 to be taken out in the span of a single episode. Makes me wonder what's coming next if they're so willing to blow through 3 interesting villains so quickly. Everything with Biomon was surprisingly brutal for a kids show. Part of me wonders if he was lying about turning Hajime into an Appmon, and it's actually Knight. He has a ridiculously child-like laugh, and in real life torture has a bad track record for attaining accurate information, so it would be nice to see that reflected in the show.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just realized, when Yuujin say I protect yoj to Haru the thread become ship dock.
But here, no mention of Astra abandoning the fight to save Eri.
I say it's because both Astra and Eri started as very annoying characters. Later, they became much better, but the initial impression about them still remains.

What I don't like in this Saint-Seiya episode (unlike in Saint Seiya) is that suddenly the kids became so brave that they're willing to go 1 vs 1 with the Ultimate Four. I can understand why Rei would want to do that (because I doubt that he actually feels any fear), but I have no idea what has changed in Astra' and Eri's soul that they came to conclusion that they can beat the Ultimate Four alone. In Saint Seiya the characters are trained as knights from when they were young, so they feel no fear when they're faced against much stronger character than them, because they were trained to fight until they will die in battle (which note bene will be a great honour for them to die while fighting for Athena). But both Astra and Eri are not knights, and were not trained to die...

Kunemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beautymon really feels out of place with the rest of the team personality wise. More like a MotW in that the app's theme dominates behavior and lacks direction. Maybe could have at least tried binding feet or making Eri and Oujamon bleed beautifully.

Biomon's section was perfect as is and Fakemon was interesting, but the actual battle with him could have been expanded on. Like pulling the "fake body" trick again and Astra realizing the true face or getting Fakemon to accidently reveal his weakness by using their own deception.

Generally, this happened way faster than I expected and my guess for how the rest of the episodes will go is derailed.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda of feel the same as you, but I have the theory that maybe Biomon, Fakemon and Beautymon were being mind-controlled by Charismon at some extent, in the sense that they agree with the task of eradicating the Appli Drivers, but they are not entirely "evil" per se, so their appli motif is stronger when Charismon is not around (compare their ruthlessness with the one showed in the ep. 37).

After watching the sub, I have to admit I felt kind of sick while watching the scenes of Biomon & Rei and Hackmon...dude, this scenes are so intense and disturbing, but I really enjoyed them for some reason. I would have never imagined Rei being that sadistic.

Apart from that, I would have never thought that we could see a villain more obssesed with beauty than the Lord Knightmon of Digimon Frontier...and then we get to see Beautymon lol Either way, that was a nice reference!!

Ps: Please resist a little bit more Yujin & Offmon!

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, so much for this season being more kiddy. Have we seen torture in Digimon previously? I don't remember at least.
Also I think Hajime is Bootmon, would explain why Leviathan's searching for him.
The fight between Revivemon and Biomon was pretty well done the other two were a bit rushed, however that's likely done so the fight against Charismon has an episode to itself.
By the way, looking at the preview, it seems Leviathan himself will make an appearance finally.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only I can think of is a softer scene of torture in Frontier, then some parts in Heaven Zone from Xros Wars, and Kiriha being a dick with everyone his Digimon partners, but nothing close to that...Also, in 02 there's some scenes here and there with the Kaiser and of course the most disturbing scene I can recall in the anime of Digimon so far imo, but they were more for the enjoyment of the sadists than for a specific goal I guess.

By the way, I've just noticed that Haru refers to Tora and Rei by the honorific -kun, while he refers to Eri with -san...can anyone explain to me what these differences mean in the Japanese culture?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"-kun" is slightly less formal than "-san," and is typically reserved for one's male peers (though that didn't keep Jou from adding it to girls' names in Adventure).