AppliMonsters Episode 40: The Ultimate 4 Again! Cloud's Challenge!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 40: The Ultimate 4 Again! Cloud's Challenge!

Episode thread for Episode 40

Air Time:
Saturday 8th July - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 8th July - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 7th July - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 7th July - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 40 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:04pm Pacific, 6/30/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seriously? 3 U4 died in one episode? I have a mixed feeling about this since:
1) This is the first time after a while that the protags beat major enemies on their same level/grade without gangbanging or applinking, the last one was DoGatchmon VS Scorpmon. Almost all other major villain they beat were beaten "unfairly" (applink for Sakushimon & Satellamon, ganging for Warudamon). Glad that they don't need to resort to god grade vs ultimate grade, this also showed how much Applidrive DUO boost their power, L-code was nothing.
2) Fakemon & Beautymon seems to die in one shot (i only got to see Entermon and Oujamon using their skill and then screen got bugged and next one i see is a grayed chip on their applidrive) while Biomon got one shotted seemingly by Charismon, after being hacked by Hackmon
3) It's only in one freaking episode! After they showed us some episodes ago how threatening they were.

Anyway, haha! As i thought, god grades won't come this soon since they're not necessary yet. That Revivemon flashing shown in preview was actually him reverting back to Hackmon to do some hacking.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd have enjoyed this episode if the goddamn stream didn't lag so much
  • HOLY SCHIT BIOMON IS HAJIME O_O
  • I'm dissapointed for the lack of Eri in this episode. We got like 3 with the universe centered around her tho (pun intended)
  • I liked Astra in this episode, he's got quite some development.
  • HOLD THE MOTHERPHUCKING PHONE. The chips of the Ultimate 4 were inactive when they defeated them. I think this episode was made in the ocean because this is fishy as hell. What does this mean?!
Next episode features th epic fight between Charismon and Globemon with the special appareance of Leviathan!​ I can't wait for the next episode!

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I get the feeling we're getting a big twist on Leviathan's plan next week.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was...wow o.o
I never thought Biomon himself would be Hajime o.o
Charismon is an ........ to kill Biomon...poor guy...
Did I ever say that I hate Beautymon? She is more annoying than Fakemon is...glad she's gone now.

Btw the episode's up now^^

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe someone who understands Japanese can confirm for me, but I thought that Biomon containing Hajime was a ploy on his part. It seemed like he admitted the trick afterward, and said that Hajime was an Appmon now, but Charismon killed him before he could reveal which Appmon.

Too bad we lost three Ultimate Four in one episode. Two of them were entertaining characters, but at least we won't have to put up with Beautymon anymore.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe someone who understands Japanese can confirm for me, but I thought that Biomon containing Hajime was a ploy on his part. It seemed like he admitted the trick afterward, and said that Hajime was an Appmon now, but Charismon killed him before he could reveal which Appmon.
Yeah it was, trying to guilt trip Rei for torturing him and all haha. We have confirmation that Hajime was turned into an Appmon, but not which one.

I'm a bit bummed out with the Fakemon/Beautymon parts too..I don't mind the comedic portions but I wish the actual fighting got a bit of screentime too instead of them just one-shotting the enemies that gave them so much trouble before (sure it shows the power of the applidrive duo but still)

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Requiescat in pace, Fakemon, Biomon. Requiescat in pice, Beautymon!

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or did Fakemon pull a VenomMyotismon and the symbol on its chest is the actual Fakemon complete with mini arms?

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or did Fakemon pull a VenomMyotismon and the symbol on its chest is the actual Fakemon complete with mini arms?
It is pretty much it.

Also, I found Biomon torture session satisfying after what he done.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well now we know how it's able to swap out duplicates so fast: It just abandons its fake body (the jester) and makes a new one.

I do wonder now if it can make its puppet body look like anything besides a jester we assumed it to be.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What we thought was Fakemon was... just a fake.

So, Biomon was presumably telling the truth about Hajime being an Appmon, hence Charismon killing him (well, that and he was no match for Revivemon). I saw the theory just put forward in another thread that Hajime might be Bootmon, but I'm strongly leaning towards Hackmon given the "subtle" symbolism in the opening. The main issue with both of those options is that it's weird Leviathan would just let Appmon-Hajime go. But maybe the experiment was all it really wanted with him.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow I've just seen the raw and I really liked this episode! Though now we need a translation soon, in order to understand all the stuff that was revealed there. Revivemon IS the Ultimate! Rei and him were so baddass in this one. Also, I liked a lot the way the Beauty Palace and the Ikasa-Mansion were portrayed, with all those sculptures and mirrors. In fact, the Beauty Palace reminds me somehow a of this classical Italian and French museus...and that was reawarding.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beautymon is the evil step mother. Mirror! Mirror! Who is the most beautiful!
What I like is that Revivemon actually use Wunder Genesis on himself, this prove that he can actually self heal.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to know only Charismon is left, this charade took enough.
Are Yuujin and Offmon ever be promoted out their princesses in distress status? I'm losing hope on that.

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yuujin has a God Grade confirmed like the other 4, so he is definitely coming back to the hero team.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really sad that my four nerds are already out of the picture. Appmon is fun but it's villains haven't been fleshed out so far.

And when we finally get a mini boss squad I like, they're gone in like two episodes....

I really hope Yuujin's story goes somewhere interesting since there's only like three plot points left and he's the main focus...