AppliMonsters Episode 39: A New Power! Applidrive DUO!

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I still hope Rei won't do anything stupid after getting to know something about Hajime...that preview really looks like he will ._.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the end of the preview we even see Rei dismissing Revivemon, so indeed the God Grade will probably make its first appearance in the next episode, and I doubt that the staff will want us to show multiple God Grades at once.
Not sure if that happens after defeating Biomon. When Biomon was trying to operate on him, there were no sign of revivemon, and his weird decision can be related to this part. He might've made a deal with that scene a part of it. I say this because the order of events in previews and the episodes are not necessarily identical. Like the one about shutmon biting Yuujin. The final scene of the preview occured before that biting one in the real show. Still just hypothesis.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the end of the preview we even see Rei dismissing Revivemon, so indeed the God Grade will probably make its first appearance in the next episode, and I doubt that the staff will want us to show multiple God Grades at once.
No, that's not going to happen.
And there's evidence why. Cuz merchandising.
The next figurine to be released will be Gaiamon, which confirms Gatchmon will be the first to archive the God stage by the end of this month or so. Besides that, only Gaiamon got the card form, more evidence it's the first god we'll see.
Not Hadesmon or whatever Revivemon evolves into. TOEI never debuts a new appmon on TV, it gives some merchandising first.

Resuming: don't count on that while it's July.

The reason why Revivemon is being dismissing, who knows, might Rei ending the fight after learning that so called shocked truth? What if it's something that will make him ultimately betray the others? Last time I checked, he's not friends with them, he's merely an acquaintance and he is only with them because otherwise cannot do it alone. Torajiro and Eri don't trust him at all and it's not a surprise why they don't. I wouldn't give him any trust either if I were them. Only Hal trusts him.

Rei has no problem to double cross them if that takes to rescue Hajime.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, that's not going to happen.
And there's evidence why. Cuz merchandising.
The next figurine to be released will be Gaiamon, which confirms Gatchmon will be the first to archive the God stage by the end of this month or so. Besides that, only Gaiamon got the card form, more evidence it's the first god we'll see.
Not Hadesmon or whatever Revivemon evolves into. TOEI never debuts a new appmon on TV, it gives some merchandising first.

Resuming: don't count on that while it's July.

The reason why Revivemon is being dismissing, who knows, might Rei ending the fight after learning that so called shocked truth? What if it's something that will make him ultimately betray the others? Last time I checked, he's not friends with them, he's merely an acquaintance and he is only with them because otherwise cannot do it alone. Torajiro and Eri don't trust him at all and it's not a surprise why they don't. I wouldn't give him any trust either if I were them. Only Hal trusts him.

Rei has no problem to double cross them if that takes to rescue Hajime.
I know you didn't watch the first part of the seson so you didn't get anything. There IS a reaon why those two don't trust him. He attacked them and stole the seven codes they collected.

But the last two episodes gave me hope he will finally join the team as team member...he was integrated so well...but you're right...when it comes to rescue Hajime...he would do everything...

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know you didn't watch the first part of the seson so you didn't get anything. There IS a reaon why those two don't trust him. He attacked them and stole the seven codes they collected.

But the last two episodes gave me hope he will finally join the team as team member...he was integrated so well...but you're right...when it comes to rescue Hajime...he would do everything...
You are right about the fact I didn't want the first season but I did watch enough youtube videos (and humored by Rei fans) to know he's not necessarily a loyal pal.
What really changed on him was the simple fact he has realized at long last he cannot do it alone. He always worked in the shadows on his own but after multiple failures he knows now that's how far he can do with Hackmon.
That's why he decided to stick with the others. Because the more the merrier, the more chances he gets to get closer. Specially now L-corp was revealed to be Levianthan's slaves, targeting all applidrivers and learning they are responsible for Hajime's situation, Rei got even more reasons to stay close to them.

It's all by that mere thought. There's no loyalty there. Just convenience of facts. If anything emerges that gives him the better chance to see his brother again under the conditions to sell the others

he'd do it

The fandom really likes to give their share of wariness on Yuujin and Offmon due to their shady sides, but Rei, honestly, he's no better. And probably might be more dangerous, as unlike them, he has control on that.

Last edited:

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow I never thought about that...but I guess you're right...he would betray them if it makes the chance to save Hajime better...

He will never really be part of the group...will he?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Going to sleep, so I will be quick.

While I understand it and to some degree I agree with your opinion, SoftMon, I have to mention one thing. Rei recently changed his attitude towards the rest of the kids. Otherwise he wouldn't willingly visit their hideout or surely he wouldn't go to the Cemetery to rescue Yuujin, because at that point he still didn't know that Biomon will be there too. Even in this current episode he was more friendly to others than usually he is. And in fact he decided to tag Haru instead of investigating the Cemetery alone.

So, while I share your points of view about him, I think that not all of them are 100% the thuth.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

While I understand it and to some degree I agree with your opinion, SoftMon, I have to mention one thing. Rei recently changed his attitude towards the rest of the kids. Otherwise he wouldn't willingly visit their hideout or surely he wouldn't go to the Cemetery to rescue Yuujin, because at that point he still didn't know that Biomon will be there too. Even in this current episode he was more friendly to others than usually he is. And in fact he decided to tag Haru instead of investigating the Cemetery alone.

So, while I share your points of view about him, I think that not all of them are 100% the thuth.
The problem is Rei is really not that type of guy you can tell what he will do or not do. So you have to think about everything.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I'm very likely to miss one or more fun facts about his agenda since I don't care about him but in a nutshell what I wanted to say is:

He's not trustworthy.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty good episode. Those poor three Appmon. I'll be their buddy. Maybe they can fill in some holes in my own lines. And it's nice to see those 3 back. ...Why is ErrorApp there? Not even he knows. But Mienumon can always come back because she's the most popular. heh heh And a new ED. ...Huh. I guess we could have English names for each human character.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the direction of Rei's arc is incredibly obvious. He's eventually going to learn that he's not alone and how to be friends with the others and trust them. If we can use the merchandise to predict Gaiamon, then I think we need to look no further than the new ending animation to know that Rei is just a cake-baking softie under that desperately tough exterior.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I highly doubt Rei going to betray the driver, at least not to someone who kill his buddy and literally cut his brother to pieces.
If it were charismon or even anyone that is not Biomon I can see him defecting but Biomon? Rei has too much personal thing against him.
If he did he probably going to do fake defector like Savers Touma did just for the chance to kill Biomon.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • Where did Beautymon go?!
I was thinking about the Ultimate Four earlier today, and to be quite honest, I don't really care that she had nothing to do in this episode. For the most part I like the Ultimate Four, but so far Beautymon is just pointless and annoying. Biomon could have been annoying if he weren't so delightfully insane and so relevant to the plot, but if all Beautymon's going to do is spout non sequiturs about skin care, then the less we see of her the better. It takes me back to when all Eri and Astra did was spam their catchphrases. Hopefully we're given some reason to give a crap about Beautymon's existence before she's killed off.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fakemon is by far my favorite of the Ultimate 4 thus far. Like, his presence just makes the whole group work.

I'm kinda hoping it turns out that Beautymon is secretly like the Team Mom and actually kinda nice to Appmon, even if she's drinking the anti-human kool-aid. Just something to make her stand out from the raging maniacs.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On beautymon I prefer Warudamon more in term of look. :p

Talking about Fakemon, I wonder if the blade he has when he try to slit Charismon throat is part of his attack or just random blade.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the direction of Rei's arc is incredibly obvious. He's eventually going to learn that he's not alone and how to be friends with the others and trust them. If we can use the merchandise to predict Gaiamon, then I think we need to look no further than the new ending animation to know that Rei is just a cake-baking softie under that desperately tough exterior.
That ending is mostly more fanservice than anything else, as Rei is very popular in the fandom. Remember Eri's ending? Same intention.
Besides, those endings aren't canon material. Just fun material.
I mean remember that academy part of the previous ending? Did that ever happen? Nope. Just fun cake for the ears.
It's all extra footage to never be taken seriously.

Thing is, is not that easy. Rei won't fix his issues that fast. And right now he doesn't trust the others and the others, asides Hal (notice how literally he only speaks to Hal and only to the others if really have to, but in a sense, he's avoiding them), don't trust him either. No wonder, after what he have done.

Rei showed to look to no ways to get what he's after before and can totally do it again. I'm wary of him as much I'm from Yuujin.

Of course, for plot armor he'll end up relaying in the others in a less aggressive way eventually. But not right now. Right now he's easy prey for manipulation, which Biomon can totally take advantage with. Rei will do anything to see his brother again.
That's why I won't be any surprised if ends up selling the others in order to get that.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That ending is mostly more fanservice than anything else, as Rei is very popular in the fandom. Remember Eri's ending? Same intention.
I mean remember that academy part of the previous ending? Did that ever happen? Nope. Just fun cake for the ears.

Thing is, is not that easy. Rei won't fix his issues that fast. And right now he doesn't trust the others and the others, asides Hal (notice how literally he only speaks to Hal and only to the others if really have to, but in a sense, he's avoiding them), don't trust him either. No wonder, after what he have done.

Rei showed to look to no ways to get what he's after before and can totally do it again. I'm wary of him as much I'm from Yuujin.

Of course, for plot armor he'll end up relaying in the others in a less aggressive way eventually. But not right now. Right now he's easy prey for manipulation, which Biomon can totally take advantage with. Rei will do anything to see his brother again.
That's why I won't be any surprised if ends up selling the others in order to get that.
If it were Charismon or Fakemon I would easily believe that happen.
But Biomon is the one who cut apart his brother and kill his partner, he has a lot reason to hold a grudge against Biomon than the other.
There definitely something more than the preview show us, for now we just need to wait and see what is the "shocking truth" actually is.

Last edited:

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If it were Charismon or Fakemon I would easily believe that happen.
But Biomon is the one who cut apart his brother and kill his partner, he has a lot reason to hold a grudge against Biomon than the other.
There definitely something more than the preview show us, for now we just need to wait and see what is the "shocking truth" actually is.
Probably his desire to save his brother is stronger than taking revenge on Biomon. Which is not particularly a bad thing.
But yeah we will see soon enough. But meh I don't really mind what he does.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, the Appmon Academy is an established thing in the show. Episode 3 shows us that Appmon do, in fact, attend some kind of school. So while Gatchmon and the others were probably never taught by Coachmon in canon, they probably all did go to their own schools at some point in their lives.

Similarly, Eri's ending, while a dumb concept for an ending that I hate, is literally just her doing her job as an Idol...

So no, if you're going to use toy releases as some kind of guide for what's definitely going to happen, I think we can use the visuals for the ending to get an idea what the broad strokes for a character is going to be...

Obviously Rei still has some growing to do. I agree there's a chance they might make him backslide into being some kind of antagonist again. I doubt it, but it's possible. I think all the hinting they've been doing about Yuujin up until this point seems to indicate that if anyone's going to betray them, it'll be Yuujin. Whereas Rei started out as an antagonist and is slowly developing a strong bond with the others. Basically, opposite developmental arcs. It's actually a pretty good literary technique if they can pull it off.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My headcanon about Eri ending is that Dokamon holding the camera or it is him daydream.