AppliMonsters Episode 39: A New Power! Applidrive DUO!

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode is exciting. Like the idea of the four stages, Bio Kingdom, Beauty Palace, Fake Mansion, and Charis Castle. Like the no longer used Appmons idea. Can understand the no time limit, but there can be better way to show that off. They should have gone for Super Grades Showdown. Super Grades have been neglected for some time now. From the look of things, the Ultimate 4 will not have underlings like the Dark Masters. Shame, they could have used some unused Appmons and Appmons that compose the Ultimate 4.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to the Appmon Lab, destroyed Appmon can be resurrected as long as their data is intact and someone wants them to be brought back. So Haru was in fact saying that Mienumon was brought back because of her popularity.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Destroyed Appmon? Weren't Sakushimon and Scorpmon turned into chips?

Susavina

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was funny and also really exciting. But they really did a bit too much with 4 Kiwamis against 4 Super grades xD those poor guys...

The preview also is exciting...i really hope Rei won't do anything stupid...

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you guys really questioning why they went into their ultimate stages instead super against those four old foes?
Let me humor you:
Cuz they couldn't afford the time to fool around with them. Cuz if they went super, they wouldn't be as quick to wipe them out.
Reminding they just got one hour to save Yuujin and Offmon. That's rather serious.
You wanted fairness but totally wasn't the time for that. Scorpemon and company picked the wrong neighborhood and the wrong moment for that.

Besides super stages are no longer relevant for the protagonist so why waste their breaths on them? No time the ultimates WILL BE NO LONGER relevant either to be replaced by the fugly god forms so let them have their shine while it lasts.
Oh yeah embrace yourselves, Ultim4te, enjoy your freedom while you can.

Cuz you'll be forgettable fuel eventually.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That close up of Charismon's face after Mienumon and co's defeat was a bit weird. I wonder if he was scared of the kid's new found power.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cloud's laugh is starting to get dangerously close to Pee-wee Herman there.

Also if Yuujin dies, I die.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sakusimon was App Fused with Mienumon to make Warudamon who was presumably destroyed in her only appearance. Scorpmon's fate after being reduced to a chip is unknown.

That close up of Charismon's face after Mienumon and co's defeat was a bit weird. I wonder if he was scared of the kid's new found power.
More like he was understandably annoyed by the situation, his face was basically the equivalent of having someone's eye twitching.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you guys really questioning why they went into their ultimate stages instead super against those four old foes?
Let me humor you:
Cuz they couldn't afford the time to fool around with them. Cuz if they went super, they wouldn't be as quick to wipe them out.
Reminding they just got one hour to save Yuujin and Offmon. That's rather serious.
You wanted fairness but totally wasn't the time for that. Scorpemon and company picked the wrong neighborhood and the wrong moment for that.

Besides super stages are no longer relevant for the protagonist so why waste their breaths on them? No time the ultimates WILL BE NO LONGER relevant either to be replaced by the fugly god forms so let them have their shine while it lasts.
Oh yeah embrace yourselves, Ultim4te, enjoy your freedom while you can.

Cuz you'll be forgettable fuel eventually.

I think the reason people were clamoring for the Super-Grades is because the kids didn't -know- that the DUOs removed the time limit. And the last couple of times the kids used their Ultimate forms, their buddy Appmon were too tired to continue fighting after the timer ended.

So it was an incredibly risky move on the kids' part. The DUO itself should have provided the power boost necessary to take out four dead Supers without them having to go all the way to Ultimate. AND it would have shown how much stronger the kids have gotten by using merely their Super Grades against the enemies they'd struggled with a mere 20 episodes ago.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found Biomon shaking "listen to me!" Strangely cute.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The No-mbies, the Appmon trio and the Dead Quartet (Especially given the Team Rocket treatment) was the highlight of the episode for me. I look forward on the next with Biomon's Hajime reveal, and Rei's decision when he hears upon that. (Which might not look good.)

And Cloud's cackling is getting infectious.

Kunemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sakusimon was App Fused with Mienumon to make Warudamon who was presumably destroyed in her only appearance. Scorpmon's fate after being reduced to a chip is unknown.

The strangest thing is that Scorpmon/Scopemon is still that instead of Cameramon and Shotmon while Warudamon is split into its component Appmon. Other than Navimon really early in the show thinking that it was DoGatchmon and bickering with Gatchmon about it, how exactly the idea of "self" works seems rather strange.

If this super-grade squad continues, it would be amusing if the other two Appligattai and then Sukashimon and Scopemon try but just form an Applink. Especially if someone else mimics Sateramon's verbal tic.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is weird that the ghostly villains weren't destroyed, especially if they're not going to come back (or maybe not so weird, given Appmon's general goofiness). I wonder how long this "game" is going to last. The hour time limit really doesn't mean anything, of course. This is about the point where the Dark Masters arc started in Adventure, and the Ultimate Four are basically the Dark Masters redux, complete with their own mountain divided into four territories. I can't really see this part of the story lasting to almost the end of the series, though.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I had to guess, I'd say 4 episodes at most.

Kunemon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is weird that the ghostly villains weren't destroyed, especially if they're not going to come back (or maybe not so weird, given Appmon's general goofiness). I wonder how long this "game" is going to last. The hour time limit really doesn't mean anything, of course. This is about the point where the Dark Masters arc started in Adventure, and the Ultimate Four are basically the Dark Masters redux, complete with their own mountain divided into four territories. I can't really see this part of the story lasting to almost the end of the series, though.

As Jay noted, 4 eps seems the most likely. If anything, the what happens afterwards will be hard to predict. As of this point, Bootmon, Damedamon and Speciamon are the the only Ultimate grades to not have a notable appearance, and Speciamon might be just a promotion-only guy. So if you get 5 episodes there, you have 8 remaining episodes for an "arc". Seems doubtful that Deusmon+Leviathan itself would run for 2 months.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it will take a little more episodes than four. Thinking about this arc in Saint Seiya categories, we already have 1 episode. Then, each Ultimate Four will get his own episode (in which the kids probably will reach their God Grade), so we will have 5 episodes already. The sixth episode will be about the confrontation between Cloud and all of the kids and their God Grades. So I say this arc will be at least 6 episodes long, maybe even seven episodes long considering that Leviathan wants Yuujin alive (he probably wants to use his body to transfer his consciousness to Yuujin), and therefore the sixth episode will end up in a cliffhanger. I suspect, at the end of this seventh episode Cloud will be defeated once and for all, and magically Bootmon will be found (or he will appear himself).

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I meant 4 MORE episodes, not including this one. I say only four because we can already see Rei and Biomon AND Eri and Beautymon squaring off in the episode preview, so we know we're at least gonna see the start of two confrontations next episode.

I'm still holding out hope that Ai will become an Appdriver so that she isn't a complete waste of space all this time...

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I meant 4 MORE episodes, not including this one. I say only four because we can already see Rei and Biomon AND Eri and Beautymon squaring off in the episode preview, so we know we're at least gonna see the start of two confrontations next episode.

I'm still holding out hope that Ai will become an Appdriver so that she isn't a complete waste of space all this time...

You forgot Astra already confronting Fakemon in the preview.
Plus Hal already in the Charismon Castle when there's half hour left. All that from the preview too. So huh 4 episodes not really, they will reach Yuujin and Offmon very soon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I say at least 2 to 3 episodes since while Rei, Eri, and Astra's rematches start in next episode, we don't know how long they'll actually take collectively since the next episode is going to focus mainly on Rei while Eri and Astra could have told Haru to run ahead while they face off against Beautymon and Fakemon just as Rei did with Biomon this one .

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it still will be just 6 or 7 episodes, because while in the prevew we see all of the kids fighting their opponents, the centre of the next episode will be just Rei and (probably) the truth about Hajime. At the end of the preview we even see Rei dismissing Revivemon, so indeed the God Grade will probably make its first appearance in the next episode, and I doubt that the staff will want us to show multiple God Grades at once. Therefore the Staff will show us that the kids are struggling fighting with their opponents, but each of them will get their own episode.

BTW, when I saw this:

Vermouth.jpg

I couldn't help but keep thinking about Vermouth from Detective Conan and her famous quote: "Well if you must blame someone, blame a God that set this up for you."