AppliMonsters Episode 37: Attack! The Ultimate Appmon - Ultimate 4!

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay...i think they didn't really die. They just disappeared because the AppliDrives got destroyed, but they didn't really die. Thank Goodness...that was really impressive...

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Early on, I figured out that Appmon Chips were more like Mystery Discs from Monster Rancher than Medals from Yo-kai Watch as the Chips contained the core data of the Appmon and thus were used to generate a body with mass similar to the solid vision with mass Leo developed in ARC-V. Medals on the other hand simply summon Yo-kai from their original location to that of the summoner.

Unfortunately, this makes the Chips shattering the equivalent of becoming a Lost Disc.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The death of Leomon in previous chapters was not part of a massacre. This made his death tragic, outstanding, and memorable. Though not announced officially, this might be a symbolic act rather than having a specific grudge against a fictional character made by themselves. But here and now, every buddy appmon just died including that of the main protagonist. One of them resembles a lion. This doesn't mean they killed him again. This time they killed everyone. As an example, there might be a Tri leomon dying in the process of reboot. But it doesn't count as a real death of leomon. But if you like to kill leomon more than the staff do, feel free to kill him in all the massacres in the digital world. I think this is now what the fan of digimon really want from the staff and won't be satisfied with any Digimon media without a lion's death. But appmon killed just everyone including a lion-shaped appmon.

The fact that the chips vanished when the appli drives where destroyed, reminded me of the black appli driver. They seriously need to introduce him/her to us. Of chips need appli drivers to remain stable, the appmon chips of Cameramon, Sakushimon, Warudamon, Cometmon, and maybe Sateramon should be connected to an appli driver in order to remain intact after their defeat. Though Sateramon's might have a different fate as it was picked by Knight, the previous ones should have been retrieved by the black appli drive. Knight was not introduced yet when they were defeated and we didn't see what happened to their chips. They could simply show them breaking and reducing to scattered data like what happened here implying their demise, but their fate indeed remained a mystery.

Facts aside, that mysterious guy might be Yuujin with his bipolar personality. He can act differently in different situations and the appmon cemetry may be the place where he reunites with Mienumon and others. I still hope to see the seventh god appmon as a result of a fusion between Sleepmon's ultimate form and Sateramon since they are both very close to Knight right now. There might be still two places for Ai and Watson in this case. But this scenario is without doubt just wishful thinking and none of that will happen specially the Ai and Watson's part šŸ˜”.

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure was a tough episode. The "Elite 4" were very strong. Charismamon is evil, Fakemon is annoying (or could be. He's that type), Beautymon is a crazy female dogmon, and Biomon is a mad doctor who had something to do with Hajima. ...All of that seems to make sense. Next ep we get to see Grandpa. Or a gramps like appmon.

Shutmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
im crying
someone bring my children back
i didn't want this at all

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got a sudden flashback to Yuujin episode:
"Is there someone you would sacrifice yourself for?"
Now look at this episode...

Last edited:

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I think that's what we're supposed to believe at this point. Especially the way they set that tone with all the Buddy Appmon dying just before this...

I think it's gonna be a bait and switch.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most impressive episode so far~! I cannot help but think of a certain very popular hammy Jojo villain when Biomon madly rants and raves about dissecting on someone.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They even share their VA
"You thought Knight was Hajime, but it was me, Biomon!"

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode is fun. Ultimate 4 is like The Four Kings/Dark Masters with equal number of battlers. Charismon looks whiter and the eyes are a bit weird. Their personalities are a bit extreme. Biomon holding the key to Hajime is appropriate. The lack of named techniques are a bit of a bother.