AppliMonsters Episode 37: Attack! The Ultimate Appmon - Ultimate 4!

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like always I didn't see the episode and won't see it until tomorrow (so Jay, don't bite me if I'm wrong!), and I'm posting in this topic only to mark it as an important topic to pay attentuon too.

I don't think Knight is Hajime. In the Knight's introduction topic he looked as if he seen the ultimate four for the first time. If Biomon was the one to reformate Hajime, I'm pretty sure Knight would recognize him. If anything, I think Leviathan would want to get a real flesh, than eternally stay a comp. program, so I think Hajime is Leviathan himself. But this asks a question, if Biomon was the one to play with Hajime's body, then it means that they were around for a really long time now. So what were they doing until now? Definitely not looking for Bootmon, because they just recently got that order from Knight.

And another side question, how was it possible for L-Corp to asdign a new CEO and organize a whole fest and party for that event, and everything of that behind old CEO's backs and without his knowledge... I wonder if that old CEO is still alive, he definitely knows far too much...

What's that L-Code SANtos mentioned?

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given that the entire world is already run by computer and the CEO just a puppet it's not far fetched for Leviathan to do.

L-Code it's the burst mode like thing you see in the preview, Knight active it for the U4 using his Ipad.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see no reason why Knight needs to use his Cloud persona when he already revealed to the protag that he's with Leviathan.. why don't he appear as Cloud then reveal to Haru that Cloud is Knight? I hope he has good reason.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the helmet give him superpower? No human could jump like that after all.

Out of all the U4 Fakemon is my favorite, everyone is good but loneytoon style comedy give me a nostalgic feeling and the moment L-code active his face become creepy glow.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Out of all the U4 Fakemon is my favorite, everyone is good but loneytoon style comedy give me a nostalgic feeling and the moment L-code active his face become creepy glow.
Don't forget that in Digimon we has:
- Suguru who can hurt SaberLeomon, fought Mercurymon and BanchouLeomon
- The legend called MasaruDaimon
- Ok, those two are clearly not normal human...but we has Sora in Tri who is okay after she's being slammed to ice wall while being held by Mugendramon, no bone injury or anything.
- And i'm sure Rei shouldn't be too okay after being electric-shocked by Leviathan either..

I'm torn between Fakemon and Charismon. Charismon is just too charismatic, and he looks Alphamon + Duskmon combined. His skill also leave a huge meteorite crate just like Velgmon's Zone Deleter. On other hand, Fakemon is really interesting and funny while also being seriously powerful, comedic enemies are Appmon speciality in Digimon series, but mostly they looks harmless, but now we actually got comedic + dangerous one.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Don't forget that in Digimon we has:
- Suguru who can hurt SaberLeomon, fought Mercurymon and BanchouLeomon
- The legend called MasaruDaimon
- Ok, those two are clearly not normal human...but we has Sora in Tri who is okay after she's being slammed to ice wall while being held by Mugendramon, no bone injury or anything.
- And i'm sure Rei shouldn't be too okay after being electric-shocked by Leviathan either..

I'm torn between Fakemon and Charismon. Charismon is just too charismatic, and he looks Alphamon + Duskmon combined. His skill also leave a huge meteorite crate just like Velgmon's Zone Deleter. On other hand, Fakemon is really interesting and funny while also being seriously powerful, comedic enemies are Appmon speciality in Digimon series, but mostly they looks harmless, but now we actually got comedic + dangerous one.
Naming Suguru and Masaru is cheating, they are the personafication of manliness given form. :p
Tri human were durable sure but they aren't superhuman in term of athletic.
Rei... Yeah, there also the time where he punch so hard by Dezipmon that it made creater in the wall and then get punched on the head with the same attack which realistically would literally turn his skull into dust and brain into juice.

I really like Charismon design but I don't know what he is saying maybe when the sub is out.
The high five is what sold me on Fakemon and I could generally get the giz of what he is saying.

Also, does anyone feel awkward when Biomon "step" on Rei Appli drive?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The high five is what sold me on Fakemon and I could generally get the giz of what he is saying.
Fakemon is my favorite of the four as well, I adore the series' absurd comedy fights and Fakemon vs Entermon was going to be a fun matchup just cause it's Astra.
To be fair, Biomon doesn't have feet so his stomp was going to be awkward.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like always I didn't see the episode and won't see it until tomorrow (so Jay, don't bite me if I'm wrong!), and I'm posting in this topic only to mark it as an important topic to pay attentuon too.
Hey, I didn't mean to make you feel like I was attacking you. I know that people are watching without subs or extensive knowledge of Japanese. That's okay! I just wanted to fix an assumption you'd made about the episode that had confused you and caused you to dislike something about an otherwise great episode. And make sure that it was clear to others who were watching under the same conditions as you. I was trying to be helpful, not make you feel 'wrong'.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode's end was like a punch in the face...even though it already got mentioned in the preview thread, I really didn't think the partners really would get killed in the end o.o It made me totally sad :(
But this episode was great! Biomon is really psycho one xD He is insane xD

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, I didn't mean to make you feel like I was attacking you. I know that people are watching without subs or extensive knowledge of Japanese. That's okay! I just wanted to fix an assumption you'd made about the episode that had confused you and caused you to dislike something about an otherwise great episode. And make sure that it was clear to others who were watching under the same conditions as you. I was trying to be helpful, not make you feel 'wrong'.
Don't worry, Jay! :) It was a mere innocent joke, I'm not that kind of people that hold grudges or something. I'm watching Digimon to entertain myself and I'm probably one of the very few people that like all of Digimon seasons, including Young Hunters, Tri and Frontier. I enjoy Appmons as well, otherwise I wouldn't post various theories about its plot and characters. So, no reason to feel guilty or something! :)

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fakemon is my favorite of the four as well, I adore the series' absurd comedy fights and Fakemon vs Entermon was going to be a fun matchup just cause it's Astra.
To be fair, Biomon doesn't have feet so his stomp was going to be awkward.
That's what I mean, he need to float down to step on Rei appli driver.

Also an unlikely theory, just as the Ultimate Four surrounded Yuujin and the portal closed with Yuujin smile.
The Ultimate Four Kneel and said: "Lord Leviathan, what are you doing here?"

Ariestinak

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also an unlikely theory, just as the Ultimate Four surrounded Yuujin and the portal closed with Yuujin smile.
There is a problem with that theory: If Yuujin is indeed Leviathan, why did he rescue Haru (and I think others too)?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is a problem with that theory: If Yuujin is indeed Leviathan, why did he rescue Haru (and I think others too)?
Might be he needs them. Denemon created Leviathan, maybe Haru can unlock something that Leviathan needs or maybe Leviathan thinks that he might be able to "summon" Denemon from his hideout if Haru constantly will be in danger. Therefore from one side Leviathan must keep attacking Haru so he will be feeling danger, but from the other side he must keep him alive or otherwise Denemon won't show up.

Ariestinak

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Might be he needs them. Denemon created Leviathan, maybe Haru can unlock something that Leviathan needs or maybe Leviathan thinks that he might be able to "summon" Denemon from his hideout if Haru constantly will be in danger. Therefore from one side Leviathan must keep attacking Haru so he will be feeling danger, but from the other side he must keep him alive or otherwise Denemon won't show up.
That would actually remove the point of trying to kill them. Leviathan could just have imprisoned Haru and the others right there and waited for Denemon to show up. But Charismon was in the process of crushing Haru when Yuujin intervened. If they were expecting Denemon to pull a Franz Hopper and come to the rescue, there is no point in having Yuujin actually save him.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would actually remove the point of trying to kill them. Leviathan could just have imprisoned Haru and the others right there and waited for Denemon to show up. But Charismon was in the process of crushing Haru when Yuujin intervened. If they were expecting Denemon to pull a Franz Hopper and come to the rescue, there is no point in having Yuujin actually save him.
Also the first attack the four started was meant to hit the kids not their partners. Their partners just got hit by protecting haru and co

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I didn't see the episode yet since half of my life (sometimes 3/4 of it) I'm spending in work, so I can only rely on what other people have said so far. In this topic or another we speculated that Leviathan is not the true antagonist, but Minerva is. Knight (more or less, I don't remember the exact quote) also has said that Leviathan wants to bring happiness to humans. If his words were the truth (and we could say that Leviathan already brought a real happiness to humans), it could mean that Leviathan intentionally played the antagonist role to prepare Haru and co. (and strengthen them) to fight Minerva. This is why he first sent weak appmons (and we can assume that at this point he either already had the ultimate four, or some other powerful appmons considering that he has been around for YEARS), and then he forced them a near-death experience to maxymally strenghten them. This is why he had to make sure tgat the experience will be real. Plus, he has Biomon, can probably force Revivemon to work too, and an ability to reformate human's body (vide Hajime), so I'm pretty sure if Leviathan really wanted that, he could bring back to life Haru and co. even if they really died. Finally, we know that appmons aren't unique beings, there may be many copies of exactly the same appmon (like Virusmons), so it is safe to assume that either Revivemon or its copy is already under Leviathan's command.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's why I say unlikely though to give a reason, Leviathan(Yuujin) is just fond of them? Like seeing your puppy acting like the world is their and you are humoring them.

zxraph

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weren't the Applidrivers supposed to receive the DUO around late June/early July?
Denemon's comeback in the next episode will kinda push things to this route... since, at this point, they lost their normal applidrives, so they can't do anything.
And, in case their buddy appmons lost their memories, the only solution will be the creation of a stronger bond between them.

Vice

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just watched the episode and heard no such thing, in fact I heard nothing at all from the ultimate 4. All I heard was Haru screaming as he looked at Yujin and the portal to the AR Field closes.

Poor Haru lost his best friend (possibly) and his buddy Appmon all in one day. I honestly laughed out loud when Entermon defeated the fake Fakemon and the real Fakemon sneaks up behind him to congratulate him.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just watched the episode and heard no such thing, in fact I heard nothing at all from the ultimate 4. All I heard was Haru screaming as he looked at Yujin and the portal to the AR Field closes.

Poor Haru lost his best friend (possibly) and his buddy Appmon all in one day. I honestly laughed out loud when Entermon defeated the fake Fakemon and the real Fakemon sneaks up behind him to congratulate him.
Uh... Did you read the part where I said it was unlikely theory?