AppliMonsters Episode 35: Aim to Become One of the 9 Gods!

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know that they should be facing off ultimate or mega level Digimon at this point of time and not Digimon at the rookie level
The thing is that, unlike Digimon's 1000+ roster, Appmon doesn't have that many monsters by itself in the first place. Almost all Ultimates are either in the Good guys side (5), were defeated (3) or have already appeared in the story (Ultimate 4 + Bootmon), leaving only a joke one (Damedamon) left. Supers are not much better in that department, altho I admit that there are some that I want to see being used (Coordemon, Docmon, Vegasmon and Tarotmon come to mind). Overall to being able to keep making enemies appear without having to scrap the bottom of the barrel (looking at you Racemon) they have to go for Standards every once in a while

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Talking about digimon 1000+ roster, it's funny that they keep re-using Meramon and some other digimon as enemy of the week.

I just realize Eri black belt actually mean something here(her breaking the stack of brick), she probably one of the few protagonist that is capable of self defense against mon outside of savers cast.
Jenrya and his fight agaisnt divermon came to mind.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't get much of this episode without sub but this episode was okay (for an Eri-episode)...still the preview shows a much more interesting episode next time. So excited for it*-*

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the episode was pretty fine as a filler. And I say that even though I dislike Eri. We got to know her background a little, and I dare to say that she's the only character in the Appmons that we know about the most. And it was pretty nice to see Tora to worry about her despite that he doesn't like her too much, and they often disagree with each other. Also I noticed that the animation was much better in this episode.

I couldn't help but notice that Offmon throughout the entire episode was dying on Yuujin's legs. Not to mention that Haru's pants changed their colour when he went to the AR Field.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I was to talk about something I don't like on this episode it would be Eri and Ai summer outfit(I assune that what it is, I only got two season here), they basically their casual clothes but without their sleeves.
At least they put effort to add hood on Haru and they didn't even bother changing Yuujin and Astra.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can understand why they didn't change Tora's clothes, he's like Uncle Scrooge - he either doesn't change his clothes at all, or his wardrobe has only exactly the same clothes. But Yuujin was even seen washing, so he should wear different clothes. Even in the episode where he washed himself, he wore the same clothes.

anifani

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But Yuujin was even seen washing, so he should wear different clothes. Even in the episode where he washed himself, he wore the same clothes.
I've been visiting this forum for years, but never registered. I really enjoy the episode opinions from everyone.

Just had to give a thought on why Yuujin could be wearing the same clothes, and it all has to do with budget. Had they changed his clothing, they would have had to re-do all of the appliarise scenes with his new clothing. That may be a possibility.

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know why people think this episode was filler; going by what was said in the preview (that Rei discovered something big that he urgently needs to tell Haru and the others), I think they're going to make Appliyama itself plot relevant by having it be part of a big conspiracy from Leviathan and L-Corp. And I think Rei discovered both that L-Corp is controlled by Leviathan and what they want to use the Appliyama idols for. That's what I hope for, at least; I've been waiting for that subplot ever since it was revealed Eri has been working for Leviathan all along back in episode 5.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... I guess I panicked a little?
Let's wait for the subs and see.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can understand why they didn't change Tora's clothes, he's like Uncle Scrooge - he either doesn't change his clothes at all, or his wardrobe has only exactly the same clothes.
Astra has been wearing an alternate Winter outfit for most of the series. He only just switched back to the warm weather outfit he had in his first few appearances (even though that's the one they use in all official art).

Also Haru is wearing an entirely different outfit. They didn't "just add a hood."

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know, I like Haru new outfit but it still basically his normal outfit short sleeved hoodie version.
My complain about Eri still stand, her outfit is juat her removibg her jacket.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A good Eri-sode. She is good girl. Good thing that idol-taku Mon wasn't like real Otas. That would be terrible. But I wonder where she landed? ...At least it's just a day until the ep.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A good Eri-sode. She is good girl. Good thing that idol-taku Mon wasn't like real Otas. That would be terrible. But I wonder where she landed? ...At least it's just a day until the ep.
Nah a normal otaku would be fine they just normal people who indulge in their hobby.
The creepy one is the shut in one.

Watching the sub it actually made me depressed that both Astra and Eri would probably made more money than me.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saw the sub and noticed some things off:
- First, bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) isn't the hottest pepper, isn't even on top 5, the hottest one currently is Dragon's Breath with 2.48 million SHU (double the amount of ghost pepper). Appmon staff should do more research... or Astra should.
- Astra and Musimon said Eri is eating 10 of those buns, but the animator clearly draw more than that
- When Calcumon changed Gatchmon's power level, he said his power is 1000 then divided by two and multiplied by 0.5, when it's already divided by 2, the monitor show 570, not 500.

Anyway, this is a nice character episode for Eri, and for her bonding with Astra too... if only this was done before 2/3 of the series already..

Charismon's gmap pointer's red dots can move.. it's creepy and it reminds me of Duskmon. Hope he'll be as awesome as Duskmon in next episode.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- When Calcumon changed Gatchmon's power level, he said his power is 1000 then divided by two and multiplied by 0.5, when it's already divided by 2, the monitor show 570, not 500.

Charismon's gmap pointer's red dots can move.. it's creepy and it reminds me of Duskmon. Hope he'll be as awesome as Duskmon in next episode.
Gatchmon's power level became 250 after which was correct.

Charismon is really reminiscent of Duskmon, and still has a way better design and in computer graphics, it looks even more awesome. Do agree with you. Hope to see some satisfying evil doings from the top member of the ultimate 4.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally got around to watching this episode this morning after I finished uploading images from the new Appmon Dictionary update and I enjoyed it. I like that Eri rejected Calcumon cheating cause it would make her "victory" hollow since by her own admission she hadn't earned it.
First, bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) isn't the hottest pepper, isn't even on top 5, the hottest one currently is Dragon's Breath with 2.48 million SHU (double the amount of ghost pepper). Appmon staff should do more research... or Astra should.
I feel like that's supposed to be the joke as Astra is exactly the type of person to do research.

There's also the fact that the Guinness World Records certified the Ghost pepper as the world's hottest chili pepper in 2007 only to be superseded by the Infinity chili in 2011, followed by the Naga Viper the same year, the Trinidad moruga scorpion in 2012, the Carolina Reaper on August 7, 2013 and finally the Dragon's Breath seemingly a month ago.

Last edited:

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plot twist: Appmon actually takes place in 2007!?

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Plot twist: Appmon actually takes place in 2007!?
It... Actually plausible, Haru statememnt is that A.I surpassed humanity in 2045 not that they live in 2045 and with Leviathan boosting the advancement of technology from the shadow...

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theigno, feel free to bust out the Halloween episode screenshot. You know the one.