AppliMonsters Episode 35: Aim to Become One of the 9 Gods!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 35: Aim to Become One of the 9 Gods! Appliyama 470's Member Elections!

Episode thread for Episode 35

Air Time:
Saturday 3rd June - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 3rd June - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 2nd June - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 2nd June - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 35 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:10pm Pacific, 6/2/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yup, it's not appmon without fillerish episode and Standard Appmon of the Week (SAotW). And again, the next ep preview is the only worthy one. We finally get to see Couchmon back, and also the ultimate 4 that looked like Beelzebumon next ep!

Edit: forgot to point that we finally get to see Eri's mom! Now we have seen all of them (minus Rei's but her mom is dead ).

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

If you're gonna make every episode like this then why bother making a plot.
@Idiysar Almond: He's called Charismon

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know, just wanted to point out how he looked a lot like Beelzebumon from the preview.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The character work in this episode was amazing! Getting to know more about Eri's motivation and seeing her home life was moving! Astra's changing dynamic with her and seeing how his own career is progressing was interesting!

...but did it have to come at the expense of the plot? Eri is probably my favorite character, but I complained about this during Offmon's arc, and I am just as angry about it in Eri's episode!

Why Appmon? Why can't you tie your character development to plot development? I mean, it's still better than Frontier, which couldn't do either... But I just expect better from you, Appmon!

As for that preview... dear god, Appmon, are you seriously going to follow up a big character development episode all about Eri's strength of will with a goddamned Damsel in Distress plot?! That is just shameful.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theory: They're releasing scrapped episodes from the first arc
May I punch you?

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging from the next ep preview, this episode, as fillery as it was, was probably meant to set up Eri's character so that she's depressed by the end, and easily manipulable by Charismon in the next episode. Especially since it looks like the next episode will lead off directly where this one left off. With Eri still sitting in that auditorium.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HOLD THE FUKC UP!

• Eri loses the elections
  • The loss makes her sad
  • Other stuff will happen to make her become depressed
  • Fresh new meat for Charismon
  • Charismon proceeds and mindf*cks her a la Kiriha
  • Eri's now her slave
  • Charismon orders her to attack the Applidrivers
  • Eri now confronts our heroes and Appliarizes Oujamon
  • Oujamon reks everyone
  • something something Eri starts to realize that what she's doing is wrong
  • Eri breaks the Mind Control
  • Minerva approves and gives her a DUO
  • SITUATION 1: Charismon attacks but loses and becomes Haru's chip
  • SITUATION 2: Charismon talks about this with Knight and something something next episode
I can't wait to see this not ​happening!

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...it COULD happen that way. It doesn't seem unusual for Digimon. I'm not sure Appmon has earned the good will to have faith that'll play out with the proper dramatic gravitas, but it will probably go something like that. I hope.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
clanc, you need to stop with the random spammy posts.

Nearly half the thread is random nonsense responses from you.

Also, this episode has Volcano Ota, which gets a thumbs up regardless.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I learned something about in 35 episodes is that you don't put a bit of hope on Appmon

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you don't like the show that much then you don't have to watch it? Nobody forcing you to do so.

What Volcano Uta by the way?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you don't like the show that much then you don't have to watch it? Nobody forcing you to do so.
I actually enjoy Appmon when it comes to fight scenes and plot and I want to see how this series reaches it's climax and it's conclusion. I just don't like filler-like episodes like this when we're 17 episodes away from the finale.
What Volcano Uta by the way?
Volcano is the Digimon series planning developer and took a role in this episode.

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, I realize you expect that every episode be a semi-continuous serial narrative because other digimon series typically are, but an episode that focuses on essential characterization and gives new insight into it does not equal filler. It's simply using a different model for storytelling that other kids' shows embrace.

Honestly, if they had the main plot with Leviathan in here, the elements regarding Eri's character would have much less room to breathe.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode is up, added the link to the first post.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Wow. I don't know 3D model could achieve that kind if creepiness.
Edit: Fully watch the episode I don't get the sentiment that this episode is a filler at all, this is pretty much Eri character and background building, even the Appmon of the week is her fan.
Also, Astra is pretty much already making money of his own given the view on his channel he must have ton of ads revenue.

Last edited:

p96822

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We could have this episode earlier then having it half way though

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, I know Appmon has shown clear problems with the pacing of the story but there's a point where the filler claims get unfair. After seeing it (and even without subtitles) I can safely say that if this episode was filler, then the one where Rei got Dezipmon was too and we all know that isn't true at all.

Not only the preview shows that the plot of Appliyama 470 will continue the next episode (with Charismon, no less) but this episode also gave Eri some much needed screentime in a show that has been mostly Haru/Yuujin lately (both Eri and Astra have become sidecharacters/comic-relief and there are more episodes without Rei than with him). Sure we know about Bootmon and the search is important, but if the show only focuses on that and make the Ultimate 4 recurring villlains that can't be defeated till near the end, things will get stale very fast (and yes, I'm looking at Frontier's RK arc as an example).

Sure, having a Standard Appmon as the AotW is old but Calcumon as an enemy had a lot more meaning than most of the AotW (specially the current ones) I may be reading too much into it but I think he may have been infected/sent on purpose (like Batterymon) to see if Eri could be tempted to leave things as they were and become N°1 like that. I'll have to wait for next episode to see if I'm right but even if I'm not Calcumon will still be a better choice for me than most other AotW

Ariestinak

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, I know Appmon has shown clear problems with the pacing of the story but there's a point where the filler claims get unfair. After seeing it (and even without subtitles) I can safely say that if this episode was filler, then the one where Rei got Dezipmon was too and we all know that isn't true at all.

Not only the preview shows that the plot of Appliyama 470 will continue the next episode (with Charismon, no less) but this episode also gave Eri some much needed screentime in a show that has been mostly Haru/Yuujin lately (both Eri and Astra have become sidecharacters/comic-relief and there are more episodes without Rei than with him). Sure we know about Bootmon and the search is important, but if the show only focuses on that and make the Ultimate 4 recurring villlains that can't be defeated till near the end, things will get stale very fast (and yes, I'm looking at Frontier's RK arc as an example).

Sure, having a Standard Appmon as the AotW is old but Calcumon as an enemy had a lot more meaning than most of the AotW (specially the current ones) I may be reading too much into it but I think he may have been infected/sent on purpose (like Batterymon) to see if Eri could be tempted to leave things as they were and become N°1 like that. I'll have to wait for next episode to see if I'm right but even if I'm not Calcumon will still be a better choice for me than most other AotW
I think most people are more angry with the series' pacing as a whole and are reacting negatively to any episode that seems remotely like filler.

p96822

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know that they should be facing off ultimate or mega level Digimon at this point of time and not Digimon at the rookie level