AppliMonsters Episode 34: Thank You Future! Welcome to AI Town!

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru reads lots of book but do we now some of the books were about AI and cyber terrorism? Reading lots of books doesn't necessary mean knowing about everything. Specially a kid might not be interested in cyber terrorism.
In episode 3/4, Haru is specifically shown reading books about AI to prepare for the upcoming battles with Leviathan... So yeah, Haru should be on the more knowledgable side. Yuujin knowing more than him seems like foreshadowing to me.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... Cyber terrorism is not a some secret knowledge. Maybe not everybody can call its "name", but it is not something that hardly can be imaginable. Plus, cyber attacks already been appearing in the Appmons, and the kids even have a hacker in their team. I think it is natural for Yuujin who is more mature than the rest of the kids to think about dangers a fully artifical city can bring.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice episode of the gang going to the prequel to Disney's Wall-E. ...I mean L-Town. Sure looks like a nice place to visit but would you want to live there? heh Night's the evil L's "face" Cloud? ...Someone get the Beast Spirit of Steel, that might stop him. Jokes aside, fun episode.

Next ep includes our favorite idol, Dokkan Pants... I mean Eri.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, now I have doubt on Night is Hajime theory.
On this episode while it may be a cover there is the background of Knight graduating highschool at age of 12 and university a year prior.
And about his eyes, his secretary also seemed to have the same colored eyes, probably it's a requirement to be scouted by Leviathan.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But did the old CEO have them too? Or is it just part of a new thing since that guy was not smart at all at anything.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't remember the president face at all though Maybe it's for his inner circle? The president is pretty much disposable puppet.
Also I just notice Haru mentioning that "Unryuuji is kind", sthap! We're already have Yuujin and Rei for Yaoi bait!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of course. He looked like a puppet. And Knight is the evil yaoi. Compared to "good wholesome" yaoi of Yuujin.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru is born in the wrong gender if he is a a girl then his dream of being protagonist would be granted, as a shoujo protagonist.
Rei: The cold distant guy that the girl reach out to and melt his heart.
Yuujin: The supportive bishounen childhood that pretty much friendzoned.
Knight: The handsome evil guy that is interested in the MC and act very possesively.
Astra: The cheerful friend that definitely stay as friend.
AI: Love rival.
Eri: Yuri option.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, if it turns out that Haru IS Minerva, then this series just got a whole lot more progressive while also being a lot more conservative all at once!

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will feel really sorry for him if Yuujin will end up getting friendzoned.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the childhood, they're always friendzoned.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, hopefully in the Appmons they will become a couple. I hope Rei is not a possessive seme, and will let them be.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah, Knight would be the possesive stereotype, Rei is whatever the male version of Kuudere slash tsundere is called.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru is born in the wrong gender if he is a a girl then his dream of being protagonist would be granted, as a shoujo protagonist.
Knight: The handsome evil guy that is interested in the MC and act very possesively.
What about Watson and afro guy?

You should make that into a fanfic.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about Watson and afro guy?

You should make that into a fanfic.
They are pretty much extra NPC so that the world has people other than the capture target.

I don't have the skill to write romance sadly.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mister Satan probably would scream a loud "NO!!!" after seeing Haru trap.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode is good for bringing up a lot issues which go in line with the theme of technological advance that Appmon is aiming for and has presented quite well. Cloud is a nice touch.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I wish they had done this episode earlier in the season. It would have been great world-building instead of just a distraction.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The problem is that Knight and the Ultimate 4 were introduced very late in the series so there isn't really a great place to slot it in between Rei's proper introduction in episode 10, Mienumon's antics, Leviathan's origin, the attainment of the Ultimate Grades, Rei's backstory, the introduction of the Deep Web, Yujin becoming an Applidriver, and the introduction and defeat of Sateramon.

It basically requires that Knight be established much earlier than he actually was meaning you'd have to move episode 33 as well which in turn not only potentially messes up the dynamic of the majority of these episodes as they took place while Mienumon was running things for Leviathan but bare in mind that we also briefly see Knight at the end of episode 32 picking up Sateramon's Chip. To put it simply, you'd have to rewrite between episode 12 and this episode while not losing anything that happened between these two points.