AppliMonsters Episode 34: Thank You Future! Welcome to AI Town!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what was the point of this episode? For someone who understands Japanese, are the guys already aware that L-Corp is in reality Leviathan-Corp? 'Cause I don't know...it's pretty obvious to me, but the only who seems to suspect something so far is Rei...
From what I got, nope. But they are now aware of the existence of "Cloud" (Knight) as an enemy so it wasn't entirely pointless
Thanks. Now the obvious question is, why they don't just suspect that Cloud and Knight is the same person? I mean, they do the same gestures...I cannot assume that they are that naive still at this point xD

I would love to see the face of Eri when she discovers that she's been working for the enemy all this time along...
Same gesture? Tbh I don't see it. They were complete opposite in their appearances, Night you can get a nice person vibe from him but Cloud, he look like an insane fanatical cult leader. Try putting yourself in the character place rather than thinking it from auidience seat, will you remember the quirk of stranger you see on the tv or from far away at first glance?

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what was the point of this episode? For someone who understands Japanese, are the guys already aware that L-Corp is in reality Leviathan-Corp? 'Cause I don't know...it's pretty obvious to me, but the only who seems to suspect something so far is Rei...
From what I got, nope. But they are now aware of the existence of "Cloud" (Knight) as an enemy so it wasn't entirely pointless
Thanks. Now the obvious question is, why they don't just suspect that Cloud and Knight is the same person? I mean, they do the same gestures...I cannot assume that they are that naive still at this point xD

I would love to see the face of Eri when she discovers that she's been working for the enemy all this time along...
Same gesture? Tbh I don't see it. They were complete opposite in their appearances, Night you can get a nice person vibe from him but Cloud, he look like an insane fanatical cult leader. Try putting yourself in the character place rather than thinking it from auidience seat, will you remember the quirk of stranger you see on the tv or from far away at first glance?
Well, to me both act like a borderline, in a different manner, but essentially the same. Also, I was referring specifically to the gestures with his hands.

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haru and the others also barely even know Night. As in, they don't know him at all. They've only watched him on TV.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked the beginning of this episode where they all talk on the train. Haru mentions that all the stuff he's been learning about Artificial Intelligence since he met Gatchmon. Which means that he's been more active offscreen than I had been giving him credit for! That's awesome! Also, it's kind of cute how Yuujin's response to Haru's AI fanboyism is to ask him "Wow, you really like AI, don't you?" For some reason, I get the impression that this is some sort of foreshadowing that Yuujin is some kind of AI lifeform himself.

They also mention that Ai and Watson were upset about not being able to come along and see the shiny new futuristic AI-robot version of Odaiba. It's nice they weren't forgotten.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems Sugar isn't just one robot, but a line of robots. Sort of like how all Amazon devices respond to Alexa, I take it.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Episode was fine. I wonder why we seen Mister Satan with the Applidrivers on Knight's screen. Not to mention the whole scene with the policemen reminds me of Polish ZOMO Offmon is pretty cute even when dying... And Cloud... he totally should get an Oscar Prize. The show he performed, him on his knees... something beautiful :p. And I wonder why Haru was embarrassed after Knight smiled...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/be/Miezian_ZOMO.jpg

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sub it's out!

• L-Town looks like a state where A.I. rules and Humans do nothing.
  • Knight compares himself to Edison, who stole Tesla's things.
  • He also compares the heroes to a kid walking into a store.. nope he's not Hajime.
  • Leviathan can be "a thing that is very large or powerful, especially an organization or vehicle"
  • Cloud says "Humans are bastards, A.I. is better" I know that this would happen
  • Haru wonders if he should give up and obey Leviathan. A set up for a dark evolution?

Loved this episode. I hope the next one is similar to Ep17 (And if Eri gets ​her DUO, that means that she'll be the first Digimon girl that gets the new stuff before the protagonist!)

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sub it's out!

• L-Town looks like a state where A.I. rules and Humans do nothing.
  • Knight compares himself to Edison, who stole Tesla's things.
  • He also compares the heroes to a kid walking into a store.. nope he's not Hajime.
  • Leviathan can be "a thing that is very large or powerful, especially an organization or vehicle"
  • Cloud says "Humans are bastards, A.I. is better" I know that this would happen
  • Haru wonders if he should give up and obey Leviathan. A set up for a dark evolution?

Loved this episode. I hope the next one is similar to Ep17 (And if Eri gets his DUO, that means that she'll be the first Digimon girl that gets the new stuff before the protagonist!)
To be honest if Leviathan didn't do the whole kidnapping kid thing I would have fully supported him, transhumanism all the way!

Eri is a guy?

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally watch the sub.
Seeing the town, I say it again, I would be pro leviathan if he isn't someone who kidnapped a child for experiment because then he is someone who could not admit he was wrong and the consequnces would be bad.
Haru also agreed. :p
So the whole incident was part of Leviathan Keikaku, usually those kind of character would be SOD breaking but Leviathan is the AI created to solve humanity problem, everything would be in his calculation.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, this episode has brought to the table such an interesting topic...in my personal case, I have an actual dilemma. I don't trust at all in Artificial Intelligences (I don't want Humans to end like the ones from Wall·e film hahahah), but I don't trust in Humanity either xD

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly think that Leviathan is simultaneously both like the D-Reaper and the opposite of it. Let me explain:

Assuming that Minerva was created to help humanity, it is safe to assume that Leviathan sees helping humanity as its own job as well. It does not see itself as the villain despite committing acts that are rightly regarded as horrible. And like the D-Reaper, it is fundamentally corrupt hence its abhorrent, despicable behavior.

I doubt that there Gatchmon will have a traditional Dark Digivolution for two reasons:
  1. Globemon's dark counterpart is Charismon who exists as a separate character and is ironically also his App Fusion partner for Gaiamon. And while Charismon hasn't done much of anything yet do to being newly introduced, I doubt that he's going to just sit around ideally for long.
  2. Shutmon already fills a similar role to a Dark Digivolution though admittedly he's more like BurningGreymon, a berserker who is extremely dangerous but not necessarily evil like Dark Digivolutions are regarded as.
I do however think that the Ultimate 4 will at least try to tempt Haru, Eri, Astra, and Rei into joining Leviathan in exchange for great power which the Ultimate 4 can bestow upon them given how their meta relationship to the Buddy Appmon.

Basically a Faustian bargain not unlike how Hackmon came to Rei at his most desperate with the offer to help him find Hajime even if the latter came at a far more benign price than what the Ultimate 4 would likely have in mind for our heroes.

Last edited:

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep. Definitely expected Levi's possible goal from Cloud's pronouncement:

Leviathan superior.
Humanity inferior.

Regarding the Last Boss AI's goal, I look forward why Naito/Cloud also aligned himself with Leviathan. Perhaps a sad past that "opened his eyes" on how humans are such a bunch of flawed species?

Last edited:

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
His past is probably a fake fabricated by Leviathan. He studied aboard, so it would be harder to track his and his real identity (if he actually has one and was not created by Leviathan) down.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those glowing circles on Beautymon's helmet where ridiculous. They contradict her design completely.

Every single capability of DUO needs a whole episode to be explained.

Standard appmon will continue to appear and annoy the audience more than the main characters.

Super grade appmon are the most useless beings in the history. They are so useless that nobody wants to use them. Everybody prefers standards. The CG idea ruined them completely.

The final episode:
All God grades vs Leviathan as an standard appmon. And after all of them are brutally killed by the hands of standard Leviathan, standard minerva appears and a fierce standard vs standard battle begins.

I'm starting to hate appmon series and it writers. They just continue using standard appmon as if Leviathan and his subordinates are idiot fighting appli drivers who've activated their ultimate appmon chips with some infected standard appmon.

Standards here, standards there, standards everywhere.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
watched it already in sub. It's interesting but kinda cringeworthy especially the fight. It's just another poor merch advertising strategy as how the protagonists are such fools who don't know what to do (THEY CAN ACTUALLY SUMMON A SUPER GRADE OR KIWAMI APPLIARISE, DUH!!). Oh man, even fights in Adventure & 02 were not this BAD.

on the other side, the explanation about the AI stuffs are interesting as I said before, but it's far from understandable. I mean, what do human really do in the L town? don't they work? how they live without working to make money? Do they only lax around just how the Appmon episode are mostly lax? It's like they wanna do a different Tetsuwan Atom theme but failed to elaborate more and just leave it that way just bcos it's a kids show. They never really explain what the human side do with AI's existence and domination at L town.

And then how the hell Yuujin know very much about AI rather than Haru? I think Haru is already full of AI knowledge, but he's just a bystander after all.

I just hope there's more elaboration for this one. But whoops, it means they're adding more plothole to the whole series.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
watched it already in sub. It's interesting but kinda cringeworthy especially the fight. It's just another poor merch advertising strategy as how the protagonists are such fools who don't know what to do (THEY CAN ACTUALLY SUMMON A SUPER GRADE OR KIWAMI APPLIARISE, DUH!!). Oh man, even fights in Adventure & 02 were not this BAD.

on the other side, the explanation about the AI stuffs are interesting as I said before, but it's far from understandable. I mean, what do human really do in the L town? don't they work? how they live without working to make money? Do they only lax around just how the Appmon episode are mostly lax? It's like they wanna do a different Tetsuwan Atom theme but failed to elaborate more and just leave it that way just bcos it's a kids show. They never really explain what the human side do with AI's existence and domination at L town.

And then how the hell Yuujin know very much about AI rather than Haru? I think Haru is already full of AI knowledge, but he's just a bystander after all.

I just hope there's more elaboration for this one. But whoops, it means they're adding more plothole to the whole series.
I was more surprised by something else. By how huge the town was. It wasn't even a town, it was larger than a capital city.

About using the first grade Appmons, I think they finally took a lesson from the Tripmon episode. It is pretty sad thoug that after all they didn't evolve them to at least a higher grade. It didn't need to be a kiwami grade, but at least they could give us a better fight than just dying on the spot.

Yuujin knowing more about AI doesn't surprise me at all. From the entire team he's the one that has the greatest wisdom. Not knowledge (that one has Haru and his books), but wisdom of how cruel the future can be. Plus, he loves Haru, and is afraid of his safety, so it is natural for him to think about the next step ahead. Plus, he's not as carefree as the others are, but pretty mature for his age, and therefore he can see some dangers that are yet to be seen.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About using the first grade Appmons, I think they finally took a lesson from the Tripmon episode. It is pretty sad thoug that after all they didn't evolve them to at least a higher grade. It didn't need to be a kiwami grade, but at least they could give us a better fight than just dying on the spot.

Yuujin knowing more about AI doesn't surprise me at all. From the entire team he's the one that has the greatest wisdom. Not knowledge (that one has Haru and his books), but wisdom of how cruel the future can be. Plus, he loves Haru, and is afraid of his safety, so it is natural for him to think about the next step ahead. Plus, he's not as carefree as the others are, but pretty mature for his age, and therefore he can see some dangers that are yet to be seen.
I know it's bad to overkill like in tripmon eps, but if you're stuck, you always have an alternative. In this one, they think as if there's no other way, whereas they had plenty plenty ammunition for just a FREAKING standard grade. Well, anw it had been very bad from the show itself that why so obsessed with standard grade appmon of the week. It's as if they don't have sufficient strong appmon to show. Man, even 02 never messed the fights like Appmon. There's still so much super grades they haven't showed up, like Vegasmon, etc.

And about Yuujin, your explanation doesn't explain it at all. How come he know things like Cyber Terrorism while Haru doesn't even have knowledge at all when it's all him who read books about AI and had the most intellect among other? It's like saying how Takato know about Tai chi technique without knowing about Tai chi at all... and then Yuujin is just portrayed by the staffs as "how a protagonist trait should be." Having wisdom doesn't mean he has sufficient knowledge. It's weird in the end, it should be the one who's more into AI stuffs having more knowledge about AI. It's like how Hirokazu and Kenta can guess "who's that digimon" in Tamers without scanning from digivice bcos they are digimon hardcore nerd, so they should've obviously known that.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yuujin's mystery is yet to be unveiled. We all know he is somehow different from the other kids. And although he might not remember what happens to him when his eyes glow red, he can have a deeper understanding of the true nature of AI and its possible dangers. Haru reads lots of book but do we now some of the books were about AI and cyber terrorism? Reading lots of books doesn't necessary mean knowing about everything. Specially a kid might not be interested in cyber terrorism. And Yuujin's mind is under control by his mother. Who knows? Maybe after becoming an appli driver, she's transfered the information needed for his new lifestyle into his brain while haru was spending his time with Eri and Astra learning how to fart or how to use Twitter or something like that. They have spend more time talking about farting than reading books about AI. So Rei, Yuujin and maybe Watson are more knowledgeable on this subject while the other kid's specialty is farting, food criticism, sightseeing and so on.

Last edited:

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yuujin's mystery is yet to be unveiled. We all know he is somehow different from the other kids. And although he might not remember what happens to him when his eyes glow red, he can have a deeper understanding of the true nature of AI and its possible dangers. Haru reads lots of book but do we now some of the books were about AI and cyber terrorism? Reading lots of books doesn't necessary mean knowing about everything. Specially a kid might not be interested in cyber terrorism. And Yuujin's mind is under control by his mother. Who knows? Maybe after becoming an appli driver, she's transfered the information needed for his new lifestyle into his brain while haru was spending his time with Eri and Astra learning how to fart or how to use Twitter or something like that. They have spend more time talking about farting than reading books about AI. So Rei, Yuujin and maybe Watson are more knowledgeable on this subject while the other kid's specialty is farting, food criticism, sightseeing and so on.
still it's weird to see him know much about the AI theme whereas it must be Haru who had more knowledge in the series. Well, whatever... I hope there's more explanation about Yuujin as for recent episodes he's been behaving very normal without any glimpse of hint. But these episodes explain that Haru is more foolish than how he should have been treated...

Last edited: