AppliMonsters Episode 34: Thank You Future! Welcome to AI Town!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 34: Thank You Future! Welcome to AI Town!

Episode thread for Episode 34

Air Time:
Saturday 27th May - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 27th May - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 26th May - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 26th May - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 34 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:50pm Pacific, 5/26/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can someone tell me what happened from the scene where they were eating with a family to the end of Knight's speech? I missed that part

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How's the episode? Did we see any of the U4?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, we saw them looking at the screen with Night. Charismon actually said something and he was in the Appmon Analyser

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are still silhouetted like in previous ep.
I'm kinda getting Zero (Code Geass) vibe from Knight's masked persona. Probably because i can't understand a thing he said.

@Clanc
Appmon of the week appeared (Batterymon), the 4 standard grades fought and almost lose, until Yuujin use new function of DUO that powered Offmon and oneshoted AotW.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...They still using Appmon of the week? The plot move forward at least right?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep, we get to see Knight in the night suit talking to the heroes about Leviathan.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank goodness, if you can describe what Knight outfit look like or is it the on that shown in preview? And does it has special ability, seeing that he literally have Ironman suit on the previous episode.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope. He's just with that helment with another suit and a cape.
Man, why do everyone in Appmon is so hammy? (DoGatchmon, Entermon, The Secretary, Knight)

Just watched the fight scene. It was awesome

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official stream is out, going to watch it myself now!
Edit: Got it wrong, the thumbnail seemed different.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they now have no excuse for not suspecting that L-Corp is an evil corporation.
At first they didn't know Leviathan's logo, but then in Ep24 it appeared right in front of them. AND in this episode it got spammed all over their faces saying "It's Leviathan, here's his logo"
If they still forget this it'll confirm that the main characters suffer from short-term memory

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official stream is out, for real this time.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The official stream is out, for real this time.
In the future, stop being in such a rush to post, otherwise there is no point to posting that.

Added the stream link to the first post.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry, I was too excited.

Anyway, Night is so hammy on his Cloud(?) costume, I love it.
Why would they show Charismon appearances in Data lab when he wasn't properly appears in the yet?

I think they now have no excuse for not suspecting that L-Corp is an evil corporation.
At first they didn't know Leviathan's logo, but then in Ep24 it appeared right in front of them. AND in this episode it got spammed all over their faces saying "It's Leviathan, here's his logo"
If they still forget this it'll confirm that the main characters suffer from short-term memory
After watching today episode I think the attack would give L-Corp more credibility instead rather than making them suspect.
After all why would Leviathan destroy one of his company greatest work that could also destroy his company public image.

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what was the point of this episode? For someone who understands Japanese, are the guys already aware that L-Corp is in reality Leviathan-Corp? 'Cause I don't know...it's pretty obvious to me, but the only who seems to suspect something so far is Rei...
From what I got, nope. But they are now aware of the existence of "Cloud" (Knight) as an enemy so it wasn't entirely pointless

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what was the point of this episode? For someone who understands Japanese, are the guys already aware that L-Corp is in reality Leviathan-Corp? 'Cause I don't know...it's pretty obvious to me, but the only who seems to suspect something so far is Rei...
It's only obvious from outsider perspective though, a company with history of bringing the best of technology to mankind and who is also target for infected Appmon and Cloud(Knight) attack won't be that suspicious on them.

Also is it just does Batterimon look like Mazinger?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I got, nope. But they are now aware of the existence of "Cloud" (Knight) as an enemy so it wasn't entirely pointless
Thanks. Now the obvious question is, why they don't just suspect that Cloud and Knight is the same person? I mean, they do the same gestures...I cannot assume that they are that naive still at this point xD

I would love to see the face of Eri when she discovers that she's been working for the enemy all this time along...

Last edited:

Neilandio

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's easy to say from a viewer standpoint that L-corp and Leviathan are the same as well as Knight and the mysterious guy, but from an in-universe point of view what evidence is there? Saying the L corp logo and Leviathan's logo are similar is not convincing enough. The only true evidence I see is when Mienumon tried to sabotage Waffle OS, but that could have easily been seen as a random attack.

Nemomon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like always I'm dying in work right now and didn't see the episode yet, but I think You must take into consideration that the're just the kids. Normal, average kids. Maybe except Rei. They can miss or do not notice things. Once I met a ~13 yo boy, one could say that I almost been raising him since at least until his adulthood I was seeing him almost every single day. Back then I was already an adult, so I remember his behaviour pretty well. Right now he's 27 yo and at the end of July he is marrying a girlfriend he was living with under one roof for over 6 years now. Back then he was pretty smart, but I say that even Yuujin was more mature than him, and among his friends he was the most matute among them all. People complain that Applidrivers do nothing in the anime, or do not notice obvious things. I think they are wrong, how much it pains me to say that, among them all Astra is the only one that acts their age. The rest of them do not really sct their age at all. But maybe teenages act differently in Japan than here, or generally times have changed past that almost 15 years, and people now act differently and/or are more mature and smart than they used to be. But for now I think that our protagonists (except Eri) are not really that bad.