AppliMonsters Episode 33: The High Schooler CEO! Naito Unryuuji Appears

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, yes. Both Appmon and Tri are bad examples of a well-paced series. It's not unique to these two series, but it certainly stands out more with them than the previous series. Like, 02 and Frontier aren't paced all that well either, but they don't have solid writing that's being let down by the poor pacing. Xros Wars has good pacing, but failed characterizations and a botched ending. Adventure and Savers have very formulaic pacing that works well enough and solid, straightforward plots that hold to their basic themes. Appmon and Tri have very strong plot ideas and characterization that's being wasted with awful pacing. Tamers is probably the only thing in the franchise with all-around competent storytelling techniques.
Agreed, Appmon has very unique theme and setting, but the only thing they do is wasting times with hanging some hints and later left alone unexplained. Tri is more worse bcos all of the theme is not a thing the show needed. Plus they also waste time by boring drama and unimportant new chosen children.

I feel like Appmon can be good if it's a 120-140 episodes like Inazuma Eleven. It's fun to watch, even with so many characters, but can be equally treated well, having some fillers but didn't throw off the plot at all. One of Appmon problem is it's too rushed as I said many times.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The sub is out for both.
Satellamon pride as Gunmen is what killed him.
Rei keep going back and forth to the real world to restock and buy Dantemon patches for his frozen shoulder and also drink for him.
Gatchmon mention that he keep looking for Rei, from when he eat, bath or before but still can't him.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's the deal with Eri's mom?
-She works overtime a lot, so she's out of the picture.

What's the deal with Rei's dad?
-He left them at a young age, so he's out of the picture.

Will Hunter J ever matter to the plot at all?
-God, I hope so. His voice actor, however, is very expensive.

The impact of L-corp OS's hostile takeover
-We haven't gotten to that point yet, give it time.

What happened to all the Leviathan flunkies who got chipped and were never mentioned again? (Scopemon is Satellamon, right? What about Sakushimon and Mienumon?)
-Not mentioned verbally, but their chips are shown to be used during fusions. Give it time.

Why don't Ultimate-grade appmon chips need to be 'activated'?
-Because they have the handicap of consuming an enormous amount of energy as well as only 60 seconds (except when through the Duo, but they'll get into that later). Super grade needed a handicap as well, and that was to allow time/experience for them to be activated before they could be used freely.

What was the point of letting the Seven Code appmon return if they aren't going to contribute to anything?
-Losing 7 Appmon at once is a big hit on their battle repertoire. They're also useful apps, some of them. Give it time.

Are we ever going to get to see the rest of the Digital World/Net Ocean?
-Give it time.

Why haven't the kids asked Haru's mom anything about Den'emon?
-She doesn't know much about him or his work.

Some actual information on the afro guy.
-He's literally just meant to represent "us" when we're caught up in A.I. shenanigans. He's not "important" so much as he's become the running gag for every episode.

Why the year 2045 is important
-It's a reference to a computer scientist in real life (Kurzweil) who predicted that artificial intelligence will advance so much by 2045 that Singularity will become a reality. Use your Gatchmon and you'll find recent articles like this (http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...mmortal-thanks-to-artificial-intelligence.htm) that write fascinating stuff on the subject.

I think you should rewatch episode 12 again. His mother died. His father left two years after her Death and left him and Hajime alone
No, their father left them around the time when Hajime was born, so they never knew what he was like. Then his mother died two years before the storyline. (Watch better subs, that's a mistranslation among so many other mistranslations from those 2 previous groups that bother me a lot.)

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty sure I already edit my post about Rei dad a day ago...

Also, on this episode Knight seemed to think whatever leviathan told him was the right choice because it is leviathan the one who said it.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's the deal with Eri's mom?
-She works overtime a lot, so she's out of the picture.

What's the deal with Rei's dad?
-He left them at a young age, so he's out of the picture.

Will Hunter J ever matter to the plot at all?
-God, I hope so. His voice actor, however, is very expensive.

The impact of L-corp OS's hostile takeover
-We haven't gotten to that point yet, give it time.

What happened to all the Leviathan flunkies who got chipped and were never mentioned again? (Scopemon is Satellamon, right? What about Sakushimon and Mienumon?)
-Not mentioned verbally, but their chips are shown to be used during fusions. Give it time.

Why don't Ultimate-grade appmon chips need to be 'activated'?
-Because they have the handicap of consuming an enormous amount of energy as well as only 60 seconds (except when through the Duo, but they'll get into that later). Super grade needed a handicap as well, and that was to allow time/experience for them to be activated before they could be used freely.

What was the point of letting the Seven Code appmon return if they aren't going to contribute to anything?
-Losing 7 Appmon at once is a big hit on their battle repertoire. They're also useful apps, some of them. Give it time.

Are we ever going to get to see the rest of the Digital World/Net Ocean?
-Give it time.

Why haven't the kids asked Haru's mom anything about Den'emon?
-She doesn't know much about him or his work.

Some actual information on the afro guy.
-He's literally just meant to represent "us" when we're caught up in A.I. shenanigans. He's not "important" so much as he's become the running gag for every episode.

Why the year 2045 is important
-It's a reference to a computer scientist in real life (Kurzweil) who predicted that artificial intelligence will advance so much by 2045 that Singularity will become a reality. Use your Gatchmon and you'll find recent articles like this (http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...mmortal-thanks-to-artificial-intelligence.htm) that write fascinating stuff on the subject.
I agree about why the children don't ask Haru's Mom since Den'eimon is Haru's father's father. The question is who's Haru's father? It's kind of important bcos only him knows Den'eimon very well. But there's still no clue about him. Or probably the show doesn't care.

But then I wish to see Eri's mom for just awhile, it will be very bad if most of the parents are off screen, just bcos she's "overworking." If Ruki's mom can, I don't see why Eri's mom can't.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On a rewatch, I think this episode is a lot better than my initial impression. In the opening 5 minutes or so, it drops us a few bread crumbs that shows us that yes, minor plot WAS happening a bit behind the scenes during the wasteland of the previous few episodes.

Rei WAS diving into the Deep Web constantly, befriending Dantemon along the way. And Gatchmon reveals that he's constantly doing mini-searches for Rei, which by extension implies that he's probably been actively seeking information on Leviathan and the Deep Web, but nothing new came up in the past few weeks, so Haru and the others have been taking it easy. I think this little snippet of information is huge. It gives some context to the previous episodes and, in hindsight, makes them seem a lot less wasteful. The character-building moments from these episodes can elevate the series better when it's revealed that it wasn't at the cost of the characters holding the Idiot Ball and ignoring what they were supposed to be doing.

On the other hand, while I appreciate that they gave us this, they REALLY could have worked it in BEFORE the 7 episodes of plot-killing meandering. All the character-building episodes NEEDED was some context within the plot to make them work. (I still maintain that they could have done most of it directly in the Deep Web itself, but perhaps they are saving that plot thread for later, as onkeikun suggests?)

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On a rewatch, I think this episode is a lot better than my initial impression. In the opening 5 minutes or so, it drops us a few bread crumbs that shows us that yes, minor plot WAS happening a bit behind the scenes during the wasteland of the previous few episodes.

Rei WAS diving into the Deep Web constantly, befriending Dantemon along the way. And Gatchmon reveals that he's constantly doing mini-searches for Rei, which by extension implies that he's probably been actively seeking information on Leviathan and the Deep Web, but nothing new came up in the past few weeks, so Haru and the others have been taking it easy. I think this little snippet of information is huge. It gives some context to the previous episodes and, in hindsight, makes them seem a lot less wasteful. The character-building moments from these episodes can elevate the series better when it's revealed that it wasn't at the cost of the characters holding the Idiot Ball and ignoring what they were supposed to be doing.

On the other hand, while I appreciate that they gave us this, they REALLY could have worked it in BEFORE the 7 episodes of plot-killing meandering. All the character-building episodes NEEDED was some context within the plot to make them work. (I still maintain that they could have done most of it directly in the Deep Web itself, but perhaps they are saving that plot thread for later, as onkeikun suggests?)
there's 19 episodes left and I think the next episode won't be about that much, so I guess the worst case of them is just like adv 02: let the plotholes that way. The less worse case is being rushed

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Given that Deep Web is where Leviathan reside, I think the place would be used as last dungeon for the last boss Leviathan.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be the first time the series does that since season 2. I guess it's possible.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was good. I love interaction between Rei and Dantemon at the beginning, that kinda surprises me that they haven't forget Dantemon, maybe someday Dantemon will be released from his current state and join the gang. It also shows that Rei actually has a caring side to someone other than his brother, though, how would Dantemon drink that choo choo? he's a statue now..

I still don't get why the kids aren't getting suspicious of L-corp. Shouldn't they suspect that L-corp = Leviathan after Rei confirming he was the one that hacked L-corp and the data he shown to them which has something about an APPMON? I mean, they treated Appmon some secrets that no random people should know right? ... Well, they could just revealed to us in later episodes that the kids actually have been suspicious of L-corp, just like how Gatchmon suddenly told us that he has been searching for Rei in the background (though it feels like an asspull to me).

Knight introductory scene is just amazing. I didn't expect that he'd be that narcissistic, that was a bit too much from my initial "he looks like rich rival character from harem anime" expression. I hope it's just his show persona, like Eri.

Given that Deep Web is where Leviathan reside, I think the place would be used as last dungeon for the last boss Leviathan.
I believe it'll be dark web, since the ep prologue always shown dark web below the deep web.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally saw the subbed version, I'm sure that Knight really is Hajime. Not backed by any strong evidence provided in the episode, but I can't think about other possibilities anymore. Their relationship seemed special to mee which went beyond some ordinary one. They didn't used to respect the former CEO that much. He was more like a servant to them. But Knight is more respected while he is just a human. Leviathan doesn't value humanity that much so there should be something special about him. I'm sure he is Leviathan's stepson made out of Hajime's data.

About the importance of Boo-thing, I he is valuable because he is the key to the existence of others. It let's the system to begin working and without booting, no app can exist in net space. By taking control over boot files, you may become immortal in digital universe. If Leviathan wanted Reboomon, his name should be somewhere in the database, but Boo-thing itself is the most valuable. The latter might not be true because Rei wasn't able to copy 100% of the information or else, Boo-thing's profile wouldn't be that incomplete. But I think it's not the case. Boo is by himself the most valuable not because of his next grade. Also offmon and Shutmon are not that hidden. Leviathan knows everything about them at least because Sateramon was hired by him and Sateramon faced them so many time before he die. He could have tell Knight to capture offmom too but he didn't. So Boo is still the only one who is really important to Leviathan.

An one more thing. Did you notice Eri's weird behavior when Haru asked her if the new CEO is cool or something. She looked at Yuujin and said her idea only after she understood he is okay with that. That was an amazing revelation aside from Boo, Knight and the ultimate 4.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also wonder if we're going to see a 7th God grade. Maybe Satellamon + Speciamon?

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My only hope is Sleepmon. If he appear and do what offmon did earlier, I can think of a mind blowing event leading to the emergence of the possible 7th god. But if the number of the ultimates is not gonna be increased, I'm with the idea of Satera+Dameda!! Damedamon would be more hilarious if he were to appear as an enemy and unlike Speciamon, it adds to the variety of ultimates in the anime since he is inherently different from the others. But Speciamon can be a formidable enemy worthy of a side story of his own. However, if the POSSIBLE 14th ultimate turns out to be Sleepmon's awakened form, I will be satisfied.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sleepmon is still regularly appearing in the Manga! He still hasn't -done- anything, but he got an "Appmon Analyzer" panel in the latest manga chapter, so he may serve the purpose you're suggesting in ONE Appmon media, at least?

I'm also heavily convinced that Knight is Hajime. If for no other reason than because the series insisted on reminding you of the "missing/reconfigured Hajime" plot and then immediately introducing Knight during a Rei-centric episode. Also, his eyes -do- look similar to Hajime's eye design.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, considering how much Digimon loves the concept of characters who don't realize everything is real and not a game, it wouldn't surprise me if Knight was Hajime in a different form, convinced he is playing some cool AR game.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is something insidiously brilliant about making your villain the guy who 'doesn't believe' in the toy being real.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another Xros Wars thing then?
By the way here's a comparision between Nite and Hajime's eyes:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The best shot for Hajime's eyes is in the latest episode, when Rei thinks of him while downloading in the tower (http://imgur.com/a/IUyHg). Again, they're similar, but not identical, and all of the human characters have these three-toned eyes to some extent.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's be real here, everything about Knight screams "young child's OC" anyways. The name, his appearance, the space entrance...

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, that one Appliyama 470 girl, that one with the blonde hair, also has that eye color that Knight and Hajime have^^