AppliMonsters Episode 33: The High Schooler CEO! Naito Unryuuji Appears

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp I'm the only soul who didn't enjoy the episode very much. I knew I have tons of bias on this, cannot call myself a normal fan.
(but again I know many people who liked the episode only because of Rei and Knight)
But honestly when the theme has to be neutral in my case, I found this episode rather.....plain. Nothing much was made, Rei didn't accomplish nothing with all that trouble, Knight did nothing, the protagonists did nothing. It was just an introduction sequence where nothing truly progressed. Oh the 4 foes ultimates showed up? But they did nothing.

The next episode looks way more fun, at least there will be some fighting and the characters will do something.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp I'm the only soul who didn't enjoy the episode very much. I knew I have tons of bias on this, cannot call myself a normal fan.
(but again I know many people who liked the episode only because of Rei and Knight)
But honestly when the theme has to be neutral in my case, I found this episode rather.....plain. Nothing much was made, Rei didn't accomplish nothing with all that trouble, Knight did nothing, the protagonists did nothing. It was just an introduction sequence where nothing truly progressed. Oh the 4 foes ultimates showed up? But they did nothing.

The next episode looks way more fun, at least there will be some fighting and the characters will do something.
Sure it did nothing much but still consistently enjoyable like all the other episode.(probably because I like all of the character)
Rei did accomplish something, making the party know the existence of Boo.
And Knight entrance is so over the top that it's awesome.
Ultimate four?... Yeah, the glasses secretary actually stole the spot light on that one.

I'm actually curious on the old CEO, the flashback show that he did get invited by Leviathen when he wasy young and given how old the CEO is now how long has L-Corp has his grip on the world?

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just watched it. Now this is getting interesting, still need sub to strengthen the info dump. But then I guess the theory that "Knight is Hajime" is kinda... fragile for now. I mean, sure it was showed by the assistant but Knight's face reaction was nothing special as if he remembers something or something triggers into him. His whole behavior, style, and voice acting reminds me of... ummm... Carlo from Bakusou Kyoudai Let's & Go. White haired, loved by women, his attracting acts, kind of crazy, etc, and yes, he's also one of the later main antagonist.

I see... so that's how Bootmon will make appearance in this anime, and in the end it will become Rebootmon. I guess it's hinting that there will be more info dump about the ex-CEO that perhaps he was the one who made Leviathan project. So... there's 19 eps left. This has been becoming much better than previous, but I hope they still remember the plotholes they made before, and unexpectedly Yuujin wasn't treated special by the new CEO, I thought he know about him for what happened all the time. Hmmmm.....

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see why there are mixed feelings on this episode. While I was for the most part fine with this episode, it was pretty bare in terms of... well everything. Even bare when it comes to story compared to the Offmon episodes.I can kind of forgive it since it was solely to introduce night however, someone I've been waiting for, what? 7 whole episodes wince the new opening? Oh yeah, and Bootmon was nice too. I'm sure that's going to come into play when they go back to offmon's backstory

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see why there are mixed feelings on this episode. While I was for the most part fine with this episode, it was pretty bare in terms of... well everything. Even bare when it comes to story compared to the Offmon episodes.I can kind of forgive it since it was solely to introduce night however, someone I've been waiting for, what? 7 whole episodes wince the new opening? Oh yeah, and Bootmon was nice too. I'm sure that's going to come into play when they go back to offmon's backstory
personally, Offmon's story are like in the middle of something that didn't explain the beginning of the phenomenon. It just happened that way, not to mention it still have plot holes the series need to elaborate and what it has to do with the whole series. In this episode, however, there has been some clear decision that the story will be about "finding Bootmon." Not to mention we finally know who's the former L Corp CEO and since he has something to do with leviathan as the info Rei leaked, it's interesting to observe more. I just hope the ex-CEO wouldn't be forgotten quickly like how Den'eimon was, just bcos from the chara design he looks really like a minor character.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dropped plot threads I hope the series remembers:

Search/Gamepad/Turntables/HackingKeyboard - at least once more for each of them would be nice.
What's the deal with Eri's mom?
What's the deal with Rei's dad?
Will Hunter J ever matter to the plot at all?
The impact of L-corp OS's hostile takeover
What happened to all the Leviathan flunkies who got chipped and were never mentioned again? (Scopemon is Satellamon, right? What about Sakushimon and Mienumon?)
Why don't Ultimate-grade appmon chips need to be 'activated'?
What was the point of letting the Seven Code appmon return if they aren't going to contribute to anything?
Are we ever going to get to see the rest of the Digital World/Net Ocean?
Why haven't the kids asked Haru's mom anything about Den'emon?

And things I expect they will actually cover:
The mystery of why Ai and Watson exist in this series at all
Some actual information on the afro guy.
The reason Hajime was taken
The real story behind Minerva and Leviathan
Why the year 2045 is important
Onmon/Bootmon's appearance (and who their partner will be)

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dropped plot threads I hope the series remembers:

Search/Gamepad/Turntables/HackingKeyboard - at least once more for each of them would be nice.
What's the deal with Eri's mom?
What's the deal with Rei's dad?
Will Hunter J ever matter to the plot at all?
The impact of L-corp OS's hostile takeover
What happened to all the Leviathan flunkies who got chipped and were never mentioned again? (Scopemon is Satellamon, right? What about Sakushimon and Mienumon?)
Why don't Ultimate-grade appmon chips need to be 'activated'?
What was the point of letting the Seven Code appmon return if they aren't going to contribute to anything?
Are we ever going to get to see the rest of the Digital World/Net Ocean?
Why haven't the kids asked Haru's mom anything about Den'emon?

And things I expect they will actually cover:
The mystery of why Ai and Watson exist in this series at all
Some actual information on the afro guy.
The reason Hajime was taken
The real story behind Minerva and Leviathan
Why the year 2045 is important
Onmon/Bootmon's appearance (and who their partner will be)
let me add some:
How's Sleepmon doing? What happened?
Who's those men in black in eps 4?
Who's the shadow appdriver that appfuse into Scorpmon and Warudamon? (most likely Knight, but they also need to bring the prev events with this)
Who's Haru's father? Den'eimon is his father's father right?
Explanation about who Offmon actually is and how Offmon leap evolution and without partner to appfuse
How the former L Corp CEO involved with leviathan?
Who's the 7th God Grade Appmon?
AND exactly Y U U J I N

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you are taking it too seriously. They can't explain everything about all of these characters in 52 or 58 episodes. Men in black, J, scopemon and others played their part. I don't think we need to know all the details about these characters. Sateramon and tripmon existing at the same time, scopemon's chip being neglected, and offmon evolving directly to shutmon can all be indicative of an obvious change of plan from that limiting fusion thing to some more flexible rules of evolution. I think there is not enough time to explain all of the characters who've appeared somwhere in the anime, specially those with little importance like J and men in black. Those men could be employees of L corp. J can't do anything really important even if he return. Though he can kidnap onmon if he is gonna show up as bootmon's standard form. About Ai, she is definitely the next one to find an appli drive and considering Rei's suspicious reaction towards Ai and Yuujin, she is possibly onmon's buddy. Though we have still sleepmon as a forgotten standard appmon whose innocent appearance fits with Ai's. Cameramon's buddy can simply be the old CEO. I hope they don't waste any other episode introducing tons of new characters. Leviathan, all of the god grade appmon and lots of amazing thing are waiting to be explained and can be far more interesting than the whereabouts of J.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Search/Gamepad/Turntables/HackingKeyboard - Don't count on that
What's the deal with Eri's mom? I don't see her being relevant to the plot at all
What's the deal with Rei's dad? I don't see him being relevant to the plot at all unless they make Rei a Kiriha clone
Will Hunter J ever matter to the plot at all? He's Leviathan That's the least of our worries
The impact of L-corp OS's hostile takeover I bet they'll explain it during the final episodes
What happened to all the Leviathan flunkies who got chipped and were never mentioned again? THEY'RE "DEAD", except for Mienumon and Cometmon for obvious reasons.
Why don't Ultimate-grade appmon chips need to be 'activated'? Maybe because to activate to Super chips, they have to be activated get AppLinked with another active super, but for an Ultimate AppFusion both chips are active. Dp you understand or is my english too weird?
What was the point of letting the Seven Code appmon return if they aren't going to contribute to anything? Good question... Same for the other AppFusion and infected chips
Are we ever going to get to see the rest of the Digital World/Net Ocean? Don't count on that
Why haven't the kids asked Haru's mom anything about Den'emon? Because quality writing

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei mother is a single mother, his dad is probably like Ruki, just someone who left and never mentioned again.
Haru already asled about Denemon and the answer he get that Denemon is a recluse who doesn't like to leave a trace.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, but why haven't they talked to Haru's mom since they found out that Den'emon created the first sentient Artificial Intelligence?

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Probably because she doesn't know anything important? I mean he has started the research years before Haru mom being born, telling Haru mother anything would put her more in danger.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that's fair. I kinda wish they would at least acknowledge that possibility in the show instead of just leaving it to inference. But it was a minor complaint in the grand scheme of Appmon just having terrible pacing. Seriously, I love the ideas in this show, but it keeps glossing over the interesting bits for filler. Good content, bad pacing.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, yes. Both Appmon and Tri are bad examples of a well-paced series. It's not unique to these two series, but it certainly stands out more with them than the previous series. Like, 02 and Frontier aren't paced all that well either, but they don't have solid writing that's being let down by the poor pacing. Xros Wars has good pacing, but failed characterizations and a botched ending. Adventure and Savers have very formulaic pacing that works well enough and solid, straightforward plots that hold to their basic themes. Appmon and Tri have very strong plot ideas and characterization that's being wasted with awful pacing. Tamers is probably the only thing in the franchise with all-around competent storytelling techniques.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While they aren't identical, I noticed in this episode that in their close-up shots Hajime's and Knight's eyes look rather similar. But a lot of the characters seem to have multi-toned eyes like that, so it might not mean anything.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei's reaction to Yuujin was interesting. One could attribute it to him being generally cold, but the way he stared at the Appli Drive Duo makes me think there was something more to it. Also Knight gives me really strong Yu-Gi-Oh! vibes, which is kind of alarming. Hope the next arc is going to be as cool as it looks!

I try not to get TOO hung up on the various... issues Digimon tends to have with its plots. I may roll my eyes, but as long as I'm entertained and has its strong points it's doing alright by me. tri has been pushing me though, I must admit, but not Appmon surprisingly.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Rei. Still working hard while the rest of the group has just casually fallen back into their regular lives.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei mother is a single mother, his dad is probably like Ruki, just someone who left and never mentioned again.
Haru already asled about Denemon and the answer he get that Denemon is a recluse who doesn't like to leave a trace.
I think you should rewatch episode 12 again. His mother died. His father left two years after her Death and left him and Hajime alone

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After seeing the episode, I wonder if the reason why Leviathan had "recently" moved Bootmon's information to that security building was because Offmon had just revealed himself as Shutmon. If the Rebootmon theory is correct, then it must have been searching for both (and if so: Shutmon becoming Offmon and becoming Yuujin's buddy was Minerva's plan to hide him? If so, maybe Bootmon could appear first as Onmon before the "shocking" revelation that he's the one everyone's looking for)