AppliMonsters Episode 32: Let Everyone Take You Out! Offmon the Shut-in

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why does good episodes like this and Ep19 get only 2 pages of discussion while bad ones like Ep29 and 30 get like 7 pages?

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why does good episodes like this and Ep19 get only 2 pages of discussion while bad ones like Ep29 and 30 get like 7 pages?
People love to hear themselves complain.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also because many of us joined the fandom in the start of this second season. Like me. I thought was the only one but was told on Twitter many others have joined similarly at the same time as I did. So those important episodes you mention were way before that.

The sub is out and literally confirmed one of my suspicions that came up since the previous episode:

Offmon, officially, has evolved, somehow, all the way into Shutmon in his past.
And it didn't went pretty.

His experience as an ultimate got him in such a traumatic way that a mere folklore about wolves was enough to remind his days as....humongous three meters tall mad wolf and cringe over the thought. Who knows how many lives he terminated in that time.
Although his feral madness is not natural and seems he's being manipulated by something or someone. My guess starts with "M" due to overdose of hints all over the two episodes that at this point cannot be mere coincidence or role4cool.
This drama will repeat itself in a later time and knowing we have guaranteed dark insight from Yuujin, their bond will might be put on test by the worst possible way.
They are both being treated like puppets for whatever ulterior motives.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it looks like next week Appmon might achieve three good episodes in a row for the first time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was shocked to hear Offmon actually referring to shutmon in 3rd person. "Every now and then I hear a voice in my heart. Shutmon's voice." That's pretty terrifying. At first while watching the episode I had just assumed it was similar to Gargomon, in a sense that he just didn't have the mental capability to suppress his urge to kill, but knowing that shutmon more or lass has a mind of his own... very interesting.

One thing I noticed is that Offmon and Shutmon are the only digimon in the same line who have different voice actors. Even Camermaon and Satellamon share voice actors. I wonder if this could mean something.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
easy:
1. Sub has just been out around yesterday
2. There's not much questionable things in the episode
3. It's not a filler

but, still, I think the fight wasn't that exciting, just pure usual OHKO abomination with somewhat high tension with somehow Satellamon had red digital blood without any sense.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also just not a lot to speculate on from this episode that wasn't covered in the last episode's thread.

And for comparison, check out the thread for episodes with lots of new information and world-building, like Timemon's introduction or Rei's backstory. Those have much more discussion because there's things to discuss and speculate on.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One would speculate why we get so many scenes from Yuujin's (and Haru's) past. It is almost like the anime wants to tell us that Yuujin is a human, and always was a human. Also, I felt that the words Yuujin said right before the scenes from the past were about something else than the scene shown to us. It was like a cover, and Yuujin was referencing to his secret than to the trip events. It looked that Yuujin exactly knows what's going on with himself.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also think it's interesting how they're continuously showing flashbacks from Haru and Yuujin's childhood, while not really doing the same for anyone else. At first I thought they were only really there to emphasis Haru and Yuujin's friendship, but maybe you're right in your assumption about there being some sort of deeper meaning. The lines that really caught me this episode were from the scene with haru and Yuujin sitting on the bench. Where Haru goes, "Maybe Offmon feels responsible for hurting you", and Yuujin's response is, in a very ominous way, "Responsible... In that case, I know how he feels." Just from the way it played out, I'm almost certain that they has no connection to the fieldtrip they talked about afterwards.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked this episode a lot gave some backstory and the part with them trying to get Offmon out of the box was genuinely funny
also Haru pretending to be a a japanese delinquent and going all Josuke was great.
Like the fight liked that they finally used an insert song to add a bit more oomph to it.
Regarding the drawing style, I've noticed it in previous episodes were everything became plot relevant, while it's definitely more loose and off-model it seems to also be animated more loosely while in the more on-model episode things are a bit more stiff, as in they repeatedly use similar poses, movements and camera angles. In maybe simpler terms: this episode and the others drawn in this style seem to follow the way of the likes of the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime while the other episodes take more of the static approach of the seasons before Sun and Moon (strictly referring to the animation of the human characters of course).
Honestly the first episode (I think it was 14) this style appeared in threw me off and I didn't like it but it's grown on me.
I'm now really looking forward to the next episode. Seems like there's a bit of chaos going on?

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It also happen in episode 11

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also think it's interesting how they're continuously showing flashbacks from Haru and Yuujin's childhood, while not really doing the same for anyone else. At first I thought they were only really there to emphasis Haru and Yuujin's friendship, but maybe you're right in your assumption about there being some sort of deeper meaning. The lines that really caught me this episode were from the scene with haru and Yuujin sitting on the bench. Where Haru goes, "Maybe Offmon feels responsible for hurting you", and Yuujin's response is, in a very ominous way, "Responsible... In that case, I know how he feels." Just from the way it played out, I'm almost certain that they has no connection to the fieldtrip they talked about afterwards.

Exactly my point. The anime shows us flashbacks too often, and pretty much only Yuujin's and Haru's. We already know that they're best friends, they both said that numerous times, and some people even believe that Yuujin has fallen in love with Haru. No point in flashbacks to show their friendship. Unless indeed the friendship is about to be broken, but it won't be because of kizunas and other feelings.

And that "responsibility" part is strange. It is pretty clear Yuujin meant something else, and not a school trip with some hungry kids that blamed him for not finding the correct path while they did literally nothing. I'm pretty sure Yuujin meant himself. Maybe, just maybe, he is aware about that scanner in his home, but for some reason he pretends he doesn't know.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Exactly my point. The anime shows us flashbacks too often, and pretty much only Yuujin's and Haru's. We already know that they're best friends, they both said that numerous times, and some people even believe that Yuujin has fallen in love with Haru. No point in flashbacks to show their friendship. Unless indeed the friendship is about to be broken, but it won't be because of kizunas and other feelings.

And that "responsibility" part is strange. It is pretty clear Yuujin meant something else, and not a school trip with some hungry kids that blamed him for not finding the correct path while they did literally nothing. I'm pretty sure Yuujin meant himself. Maybe, just maybe, he is aware about that scanner in his home, but for some reason he pretends he doesn't know.
Pretty unlikely. The point of the flashback was to show the viewer how much Haru has influenced Yuujin into being the person that he is today. Yuujin, despite his appearance and what people say about him since the first episode, actually doesn't know half the time what the hell he's doing and he has confidence issues. The flashbacks are to show that there is a side of Offmon that Yuujin can relate to, and this is how they become closer as Buddies. Offmon realizes that he doesn't have to hold himself back around Yuujin, and this is the first episode where we see Yuujin, instead of looking at Haru, take the first step to actively face Offmon. The flashback in this episode isn't there to emphasize Yuujin and Haru's friendship, but to help us understand Yuujin and Offmon's.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked it. Funny opening part but the finale part was awesome. New insert song and everything. Next ep has our new villain in it.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Pretty unlikely. The point of the flashback was to show the viewer how much Haru has influenced Yuujin into being the person that he is today. Yuujin, despite his appearance and what people say about him since the first episode, actually doesn't know half the time what the hell he's doing and he has confidence issues. The flashbacks are to show that there is a side of Offmon that Yuujin can relate to, and this is how they become closer as Buddies. Offmon realizes that he doesn't have to hold himself back around Yuujin, and this is the first episode where we see Yuujin, instead of looking at Haru, take the first step to actively face Offmon. The flashback in this episode isn't there to emphasize Yuujin and Haru's friendship, but to help us understand Yuujin and Offmon's.
So Yuujin is the Kamina to Haru Simon?

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice Gimmick, but would have liked to see Logomon first. Like the flashback, still needs more to establish and support the risking one's life statement. Although, it is nice that it was said that it is not really known until the time comes. Nice to see App-Link again, the battle is cool enough.