AppliMonsters Episode 32: Let Everyone Take You Out! Offmon the Shut-in

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 32: Let Everyone Take You Out! Offmon the Shut-in

Episode thread for Episode 32

Air Time:
Saturday 13th May - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 13th May - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 12th May - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 12th May - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 32 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (9:50pm Pacific, 5/12/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Looks like the plot is going to kick back into "overdrive" next week!

As for this episode? Again, don't try to pretend your (or others') fears aren't real. Overcoming them is a unique challenge, but one that is so satisfying to figure out!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the fight? Is it good and did wee see Shutmon+Globemon.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the fight? Is it good and did wee see Shutmon+Globemon.
It was incredibly good. Easily the best fight in the series so far. Started out with Satellamon vs Shutmon, went into detail that Shutmon was superior up close, and Satellamon weas superior at far range. So Satellamon planned everything and completely overwhelmed him until Haru and Globemon showed up. Then the insert song kicked in, they applifused, and cut him in half as he gave out a bloodcurdling scream.

Edit: speaking off cutting Satellamon in half, I was surprised they didn't censor all the red data squirting out of him like they did when Shutmon bit Yuujin. Unlike the preview where it was red, it was altered to blue in the actual episode. Maybe because Yuujin is human while Satellamon isn't? Still, the wound Satellamon took was faaaaar more gruesome.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep, we did
I have mixed feelings about this episode... Mainly because I expected the insert song to be more "powerful" (Man, the God Grades debuts will suffer from this)
By the way, Shutmon's "forced termination" ability also extends to the episode budget

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added the TV-Tokyo link to the first post since it's up.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep, we did
I have mixed feelings about this episode... Mainly because I expected the insert song to be more "powerful" (Man, the God Grades debuts will suffer from this)
By the way, Shutmon's "forced termination" ability also extends to the episode budget
It's not really because they weren't trying, it was just this particular artists style. Each episode has a specific lead artist similar to past seasons. The head artist for this episode was the same guy who did the Waruda episode too. He just happens draws to characters all wonky for some reason.

Sort of like 02 had all of these artists
http://68.media.tumblr.com/220e740a42e6dde90d5ea41e23b36412/tumblr_mtx87nwX5n1qf9dsoo1_1280.png

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep, we did
It's not really because they weren't trying, it was just this particular artists style. Each episode has a specific lead artist similar to past seasons. The head artist for this episode was the same guy who did the Waruda episode too. He just happens draws to characters all wonky for some reason.

Sort of like 02 had all of these artists
http://68.media.tumblr.com/220e740a42e6dde90d5ea41e23b36412/tumblr_mtx87nwX5n1qf9dsoo1_1280.png
So that's why the art style seemed different each episode.

By the way the episode is up on the official site already.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was great! In the beginning Shutmon was a bit creepy but now it seems he can control himself better thanks to Yuujin^^
That fight was soooo cool!
And even better: Rei next week*-*

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hmmm I won't say it's bad, but I was expecting more. So it was kind of censorship that they changed the digital blood color to blue, but why Satellamon is red? Such inconsistencies (again) visually, comparing to the next eps preview they gave.

The fights, ugghhh, once again.... they keep the OHKO easily with the power up, sure it's kinda intense, especially the middle fights, but it's just a poor trick: take distance, shoot from the high upper, and profit... I was expecting Shutmon to use its "forced termination" ability like how Offmon was earlier using ability to make "offline" sine it's a GPS Appmon, but well, it's a kids show after all. But, still, I'm kinda disappointed that Offmon is just OP earlier just for plot armor and now it's also a plot armor for Satellamon in order to trigger kiwami applink for Shutmon + Globemon.

Oh yeah the development this time is also not that memorable, Shutmon just easily become controllable just by being calm and blinking eye for a sec. I was expecting more worth process, but it seems it still keep the whole series' tradition "being rushed for something serious and important."

But, hey, at least the insert song is cool. It's like I'm hearing Kamen Rider Ex-Aid OP song, just similar style.

Naito already? Nice, but I'm expecting no Satellamon anymore, like how Scorpmon was. Poor them, just being a forgotten unmemorable villain eventually. Hopefully they still don't forget about the plotholes they made all the time. 20 eps left

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And so Offmon's mini focused arc is officially over. And I'm satisfied! (seriously didn't expect so much usually anything that gets my fancy only is worth of frames so I'm not used to stomach so much in episodes in a row)

Guess the only real downside in this episode was.....whoever doodled the characters. Lol what the heck they look so derpy! Thank goddess CGI models don't get that sort of treatment regardless who does the 2D part of each episode. Shutmon you a beauty

Speaking of Shutmon, his mystery thickens. I mean, the subs aren't out yet but as far I've understood:

1. Offmon gives more emphasis how he knows way too much of his evolved form to ever that been really his first time. He might have experienced as big bad wolf sometime in his past, if not, his real default appearance before to meet Yuujin.
  2. Still we don't know how he evolves so easily without the use of the usual method. It takes to fuse in order to evolve for the first time but he doesn't not just scratch that but also automatically turns himself into a Shutmon chip. Aren't the Appmon partners's default chips and Ultimate chips apart from each the other? Suspicious.
  3. No lousy 60 seconds time limit for him either. Now is that because of Yuujin's applidriver or the possibility of an already natural evolution experience?
  4. Sure got over his rabies pretty quickly no? But something tells me it's not that easy, the drama is not quite over yet.
  5. I say that because first, how exactly he got berserk? His blue glowing eyes, particularly shown in the intro in contrast with Yuujin's very occasional black out moments with a red shine doesn't make them very different from each the other (except he remembers everything what does while uncontrolled while Yuujin.....who knows). I suspect Shutmon is somehow connected with Minerva while Yuujin perhaps with Levianthan. And since those AI beings are archenemies to each the one, Yuujin and Shutmon's friendship might be put on test someday.

Satellamon once again showed to be a very clever cookie knowing exactly how to plan efficient countermeasures against Shutmon. But also clever from Haru to combine Shutmon's speed and Globemon's search function in order to defeat him. Lucky him didn't get himself killed, Shutmon's applink took off his scissors which what takes to use his forced termination ability.

I did notice on twitter people wondering why Shutmon didn't turn offline Satellamon's GPS function. Well it's another reason why the latter got himself out of reach.

Aaaaaaaand we got our mystery fella behind all the foe appfusions, hello Night, debuting so soon?

Oh yeah I take good percentage of the fandom is running nuts as their beloved Rei is finally doing something. Guess now it's my turn to wait until Offmon/Shutmon get relevant again :3 But with all the drama around Yuujin at least something is going to warp around

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just watch it. Holy , this fight is epic! Satellamon fly into space in a second and his bloodcurling scream when he was sliced in two, wow.
This is now my top fight followed by Dogatchmon and Raidramon vs Sakusimon and Dogatchmon vs Cameramon.
Also their power level is massive, like an Applidrive Duo realized Globemon already exceed 100k and when the combined they almost reach 200k.

Last edited:

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was rather nice. Could have more action, and less talking, but generally it was pretty watchable. And once again it proved the fact that the best buddy for Yuujin is Haru. I also pretty liked that matryoshka theme.

I didn't like the insert song :(. It still was much better than the second ending, but surely could be better. And the more I think about that, the more I think that Night is Leviathan itself. But surely he was kinda scary and sinister in this episode.

And Satelamon was classy to the very end. I loved how he adjusted his hat right before he died.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked this episode. Things happened. There was a good fight scene that wasn't completely brain-dead. I actually quite liked the insert song. It's no Braveheart, but it has a similar enough vibe that I can get into it.

I would love to think that Yuujin and Offmon struggle with his slightly-uncontrollable nature for a bit longer, but this is Digimon and no one ever dark-evolves twice. *sigh*

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked this episode. Things happened. There was a good fight scene that wasn't completely brain-dead. I actually quite liked the insert song. It's no Braveheart, but it has a similar enough vibe that I can get into it.

I would love to think that Yuujin and Offmon struggle with his slightly-uncontrollable nature for a bit longer, but this is Digimon and no one ever dark-evolves twice. *sigh*
Koichi did it more than once. :V
I know that's terrible, I see myself off.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well... SkullGreymon appeared a couple of times as well, though in two different seasons. But yeah, they could make Shutmon Berserker Mode last longer.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Koichi did it more than once. :V
I know that's terrible, I see myself off.
Well... SkullGreymon appeared a couple of times as well, though in two different seasons. But yeah, they could make Shutmon Berserker Mode last longer.
I'm positive it won't be the last time we will see a conflict between Yuujin and Shutmon. The intro gives too much emphasis to that, particular to their contrasting eye shine, very often shown in the show. Just like as Yuujin seems to be controlled somehow by someone (Levianthan?), Shutmon seems to be a sort of a puppet as well (Minerva?)
Besides he didn't tell anything about himself yet, we don't know why he can evolve so easily and why he's so familiar with his ultimate form.
Guess there's still plenty of room for drama.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To answer Soft's question regarding Appmon Chips, both the Super and Ultimate grade stage Chip are shown as being separate from those of the original Standard grade stages.

In fact the Chips of the Super grade stages were originally colorless and unusable until Rei showed the technique for Appliarising the Super grade stages directly. The technique in question goes like this:
  • To Appliarise the Super grade stage of an Appmon directly, the Chips of the Standard grade Appmon required for the App Fusion must be absorbed into the Chip of the Super grade stage.
This was not done for the Chips of Ultimate grade stages since Appliarising the Ultimate grade stages directly uses this same technique but at one Grade higher.

Phoenix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm
I watched the episode a day or so ago.
It does seem very strange how offmon so easily got into the shutmon form and knew what would happen.
Maybe he is a tool for someone else.
Also are appmon only partnered to people once or can they be partnered to other people in the past and thats why he already achieved that form?
Although the fact that he didn't have the time limit suggests something else and that, that is a natural stable form for offmon.
There seems to be a distance between yuujin and offmon that they seem quite different from each other in some ways, but at the same time are both controlled.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww, I felt so bad for Offmon in this one. I doubt Shutmon's viscous tendencies are entirely finished with though, although in the future it might have more to do with attacking other Appmon or humans with excessive force than attacking Yuujin. I also loved the scene of everyone trying to get Offmon to come out of the box with their bizarre scenarios, especially Astra's tokusatsu inspired one (Ultraman?). Night and Rei are showing up next, so I'm excited for what is next!