AppliMonsters Episode 31: Let's take Everyone Along on a Trip

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
duh, how many I told you, my problem is not bcos they didn't invite Rei, but he wasn't mentioned at all in the episode. How many times did they even forget about him? I know Eri and Astra don't care, but Haru should be one. They can't contact him? It's fine. They hate him? It's also fine. But at least mention him, it's not like he was forgotten at all in the anime by them.

As I said, it just feel like how most of the characters don't even care about Leviathan's chaos in the real world and just enjoy everyday live laxly without even wondering about something bad in the future. "L Virus appmon? oh okay just beat it, get the chip, and start another day with their daily lives." They want to stop leviathan, they know they can't be in there without safe way, but they aren't initiative to find such way, as if the day will come itself. Haru has commitment that he wants to help Rei finding Hajime, but he just do nothing in the 2nd arc, probably he even forget about him.

Well, that's what I felt after watching 31 episodes of appmon, they really start not to be solid anymore.
The characters in Appmon don't talk about Rei for a few episodes, a character they tend to have rather spontaneous and infrequent interactions with, and the show is terrible. The characters in tri. don't talk about the 02 cast, characters that they know well and even share classes with, and everyone bends over backwards trying to rationalize it. Not saying you can't dislike them not bringing up Rei but it seems to me like there are more pressing issues with this show to focus on if you don't like it. Not trying to be mean or anything, hope it doesn't come across that way!

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The characters in Appmon don't talk about Rei for a few episodes, a character they tend to have rather spontaneous and infrequent interactions with, and the show is terrible. The characters in tri. don't talk about the 02 cast, characters that they know well and even share classes with, and everyone bends over backwards trying to rationalize it. Not saying you can't dislike them not bringing up Rei but it seems to me like there are more pressing issues with this show to focus on if you don't like it. Not trying to be mean or anything, hope it doesn't come across that way!
well, for me I hate Tri more than Appmon, bcos Tri is just wasting time more with useless teen drama and unimportant extra chosen children (not to mention we had 2 part lefts and the plot is still vague until now), but appmon had wasted potential that can eventually fall into same problem like Tri, but in different way. I guess they need better staffs when making a new anime, this is kinda abysmal for the whole digimon franchise, as anime has been one of most important part of it. Oh c'mon, if KR Gaim can use Urobucther as the scriptwriter, why can't digimon too? It had Konaka which already did anti-mainstream thing in digimon anime. I'm waiting for more of it. We need serious anime that felt not too overdramatic, not wasting time, can be balanced when to serious or not while still not off topic (like Legendz anime) and can be consistent & solid by concept and world building (or even having more depth with it). Tri and Appmon seem can't be one. Probably they should learn from Precure or Gundam or Kamen Rider, which are the better Bandai franchises.

One of Appmon's fatal mistake is: it really wants to try to be deep as hell, it wants to have branching subplot like the Den'eimon, Rei & Hajime, Yuujin, and possibly Naito, but it can't keep up with the initial ambition, hence keeping things being banal and just forgotten many important parts so far that it's only 21 eps left before final eps. So it's kinda like a tryhard.

Last edited:

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
who think the old lady is a scam artist ?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think she's Hajime.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Rei's absence was the only positive point of the whole episode. At least, there is one apli driver who does have a brain inside his head. The other characters are really annoying. I hate their ignorance and dumbness. They have faced with a very dangerous enemy and barely survived thanks to offmon's ability but instead of being afraid of a another attack and planning to find a way to defeaat Leviathan, they just go on a trip. Now, they completely think of appmon as a game. Even Gatchmon has lost his determination to fight Leviathan and put and end to this virus thing once and for all. They used 3 ultimate appmon to purify just one super appmon. That's nonsense. But Rei is not like them. He may have found some clues on Hajime's whereabouts while the others where wasting their wandering aimlessly. I really expected to see him in this episode but since it was not concluded, I hope to see Rei soon in episode 33 or 34. He knows something about Yuujin and will do something about that. Yuujin and Shutmon's problems should be resolved. The kids can't rely on a humanoid unknown creature with his bipolar buddy as their allies. But they are so stupid that can just waste their time being with each other and ignore anything else. They've even started to forget about each others existence. They have used Ai's place as their secret base, but didn't remember there is also a friend called Ai who can come with them. Ai was once able to prevent offmon from launching his attack and could be of used when shutmon went on a rampage. She could at least enjoy the trip alongside the others. I hate Eri's ignorant and selfish behavior. She deserves an explosive dokan punch herself. Ai wouldn't talk to any of these kids anymore if I were Ai.
But the preview was cool and promising. Two scenes of bloodshed. Sateramon's third attack . And Shutmon's second appearance after reverting back to offmon?!! What is Sateramon's plan? Why is Yuujin blocking Shutmon's way? Isn't he scare of that big wolf? Is the second blood Yuujin's? Can he be killed and thus his true identity be revealed? They really should put an end to Yuujin's mystery as soon as possible. Nighto is waiting for his part to come, and Leviathan must be destroyed. So there is not much time. Can he be killed by the hands of shutmon's? This is a good way of concluding his story. Then Rei can show up reviving his data and the revived Yuujin can tell them the what really happened to him and how they can find and defeat Leviathan or Nighto. Though I don't know for sure if Nighto is their foe or their only hope of finding Leviathan. The next miraculous being after Dantemon who will help them take on more step towards Leviathan's secret base. But if Rei was to go on a journey and to eat and criticize different foods, I would definitely stop watching the series. Though I can't tolerate Eri's behavior anymore, but as long as the other characters have not completely become like her, the whole series is fine.

Last edited:

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Rei's absence was the only positive point of the whole episode. At least, there is one apli driver who does have a brain inside his head. The other characters are really annoying. I hate their ignorance and dumbness. They have faced with a very dangerous enemy and barely survived thanks to offmon's ability but instead of being afraid of a another attack and planning to find a way to defeaat Leviathan, they just go on a trip. Now, they completely think of appmon as a game. Even Gatchmon has lost his determination to fight Leviathan and put and end to this virus thing once and for all. They used 3 ultimate appmon to purify just one super appmon. That's nonsense. But Rei is not like them. He may have found some clues on Hajime's whereabouts while the others where wasting their wandering aimlessly. I really expected to see him in this episode but since it was not concluded, I hope to see Rei soon in episode 33 or 34. He knows something about Yuujin and will do something about that. Yuujin and Shutmon's problems should be resolved. The kids can't rely on a humanoid unknown creature with his bipolar buddy as their allies. But they are so stupid that can just waste their time being with each other and ignore anything else. They've even started to forget about each others existence. They have used Ai's place as their secret base, but didn't remember there is also a friend called Ai who can come with them. Ai was once able to prevent offmon from launching his attack and could be of used when shutmon went on a rampage. She could at least enjoy the trip alongside the others. I hate Eri's ignorant and selfish behavior. She deserves an explosive dokan punch herself. Ai wouldn't talk to any of these kids anymore if I were Ai.
But the preview was cool and promising. Two scenes of bloodshed. Sateramon's third attack . And Shutmon's second appearance after reverting back to offmon?!! What is Sateramon's plan? Why is Yuujin blocking Shutmon's way? Isn't he scare of that big wolf? Is the second blood Yuujin's? Can he be killed and thus his true identity be revealed? They really should put an end to Yuujin's mystery as soon as possible. Nighto is waiting for his part to come, and Leviathan must be destroyed. So there is not much time. Can he be killed by the hands of shutmon's? This is a good way of concluding his story. Then Rei can show up reviving his data and the revived Yuujin can tell them the what really happened to him and how they can find and defeat Leviathan or Nighto. Though I don't know for sure if Nighto is their foe or their only hope of finding Leviathan. The next miraculous being after Dantemon who will help them take on more step towards Leviathan's secret base. But if Rei was to go on a journey and to eat and criticize different foods, I would definitely stop watching the series. Though I can't tolerate Eri's behavior anymore, but as long as the other characters has not completely become like her, the whole series is fine.
agree wholeheartedly with this, as I said, Haru and co. are just stupid characters with no sense of danger, they prioritize their everyday daily life more rather than finding a way to beat Leviathan ASAP. Only Rei is worthy in this series.

and yeah I thought Eri would behave like older sister more into everyone since she's older, but no, her (almost) whole behavior is just like an elementary schooler...

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure I couldn't be relaxed like them, knowing there's a cowboy whose mission is to hunt me down. If it wasn't a kids show, I couldn't accept that dangerous situation didn't have any emotional and psychological adverse effect on the appli drivers. But at least, they should be afraid of his return, shouldn't they? Don't they value their own lives? Are they really that crazy? I can't believe it lol.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimons do not attack in the real world, but just are messing with the applications. If I were the kids, I also would not worry much about Satelamon, because as long as I won't enter the AR-Field, the Appmons can't hurt me. Plus, they're only kids, so it is natural that they do act like kids, and not like super heroes. They have their normal life, and they do not want to ruin it by fighting (endlessly) some digimons. Plus, they heard that Leviathan wants to take over the world... but during a daily life it doesn't look that the world is in danger. Therefore they know that they do not need to hurry, especially that they're nothing but just kids, and probably out there there are more people fighting Leviathan that have more knowledge and abilities than them.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finding Nemomon said:
Therefore they know that they do not need to hurry, especially that they're nothing but just kids, and probably out there there are more people fighting Leviathan that have more knowledge and abilities than them.
Aaaand, it'll turn out that Leviathan will take over the world in 4 days and there's no one to stop him except the Applidrviers.

Still, something has to happen to make the Applidrivers come to the Deep Weeb.

If this happens at the 40th episode you make me a mod.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimons do not attack in the real world, but just are messing with the applications. If I were the kids, I also would not worry much about Satelamon, because as long as I won't enter the AR-Field, the Appmons can't hurt me. Plus, they're only kids, so it is natural that they do act like kids, and not like super heroes. They have their normal life, and they do not want to ruin it by fighting (endlessly) some digimons. Plus, they heard that Leviathan wants to take over the world... but during a daily life it doesn't look that the world is in danger. Therefore they know that they do not need to hurry, especially that they're nothing but just kids, and probably out there there are more people fighting Leviathan that have more knowledge and abilities than them.
I don't expect them to act like super heroes. But if they are shown to be some little kids, shouldn't they be under treatment because of ptsd? lol! I really expect them to at least be afraid of such a dangerous enemy as some kids or be prepared to face him until they defeat him.
About the real world part, the kids themselves have materialized their appmon countless times. Offmon was using his attack in the real world. Coachmon, Mienumon and Weatherdramon were all in the real world when Eri was training for I can't remember what goal. They even had to fight with the infected Weatherdramon. And more importantly, Sateramon was in the real world in his regular form before Tsubumon could lure the kids to the AR field.
Even if it is limited to the AR field, the gate is not always narrow and detectable. Offmon was walking in the real world but he end up being in the AR field without noticing the entrance. So there is no such an AR field limitation that can protect them from the enemies specially Sateramon.
Even if they are safe in the real world, why they used all of their ultimate appmon to just defeat tripmon? Haru was shown to be aware of the time limitation and used to act more wisely even in more dangerous situations. Why they all forgot about everything? I won't be surprised if Gatchmon get stunned again after hearing or talking about Leviathan lol. It's ridiculous. It's nonsense. I will accept it only if they are all brainwashed by Charismon. They are not the same characters we saw in first arc anymore. Episode after episode, they are becoming more selfish and ignorant. What's happening to them? They tried so much to befriend with offmon. They paid so much attention to him that made Gatchmon jealous. But suddenly, it was only Yuujin who had to deal with his problems in 31st episode. The other were just playing and having fun. Even in the next episode, poor Yuujin should be devoured trying to stop Shutmon. I wouldn't be surprised to see the other kids having fun somewhere else or fighting with a standard appmon using all of their ultimates lol.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call Eri selfish. Eri and Astra are doing what they were chosen to do. The only reason they matter is because they have positions of celebrity that give them access to apps and information in a unique way that most people don't have. If they don't maintain their jobs, they aren't contributing.

Haru's the problem. He was chosen because he's Denemon's grandson and an intelligent, caring, protagonist guy. He's the one with all the free time, why isn't he doing the research and the explorations to get Leviathan?

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call Eri selfish. Eri and Astra are doing what they were chosen to do. The only reason they matter is because they have positions of celebrity that give them access to apps and information in a unique way that most people don't have. If they don't maintain their jobs, they aren't contributing.

Haru's the problem. He was chosen because he's Denemon's grandson and an intelligent, caring, protagonist guy. He's the one with all the free time, why isn't he doing the research and the explorations to get Leviathan?
I agree with this, the main problem is Haru himself. He feels like he's not in process to become a real protagonist at all, as he promised earlier. He just forgot all important things, just blend with others' daily lives, not once motivating all of them that they must find a way to stop leviathan ASAP, not just fooling around without doing something.

That's why I cringed more into seeing Haru now. Such an ignorant main character who I don't know what he wants.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They are chosed but not obliged to be like this. But isn't Eri sopposed to make people happy. She did this by inviting her friends? Maybe, but when offmon heard about the name of the place, neither offmon nor Yuujin were happy anymore. And it was just Haru who understood something is wrong and tried to help them. Eri should've tried to make Offmon happy as hard as she could because it was her mission based on what you just said about her. She bought one of those spell negating things to make Offmon feel better? Maybe, but she didn't even know what's wrong with him and soon, she was with the other kids while Offmon was still upset and afraid. Eri even gave dokamon one of her explosive punches when she foun out about his feeling towards MariPero and that kiss. She is the most selfish character I've ever seen in digimon anime series. Ai on the other hand is so different. She is always ready to help them. She doesn't just want to be famous, she doesn't think she is the center of the universe, she is really decent, kind and pure hearted. Ai is somehow very similar to Sora from digimon adventure and I really like her. She is more successful in making other people happy and she does it without humiliating them. And Haru us not the one to blame. You can't have big goals and dreams while there are always Astra and Eri around you thinking about unimportant things and waste your time for that. If he really wants to defeat Leviathan, he should get rid of these two maggots first and then he can again became a kid whose dream is to become a real protagonist. I'm sure Ai, Yuujin and Rei are enough to help him defeat Leviathan and fulfill his dream.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was gone for a few days but I thought it was a nice ep. I wonder what's wrong with Shutmon. ...Or what the previous level was. A least I don't have to wait long. heh heh

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

They are chosed but not obliged to be like this. But isn't Eri sopposed to make people happy. She did this by inviting her friends? Maybe, but when offmon heard about the name of the place, neither offmon nor Yuujin were happy anymore. And it was just Haru who understood something is wrong and tried to help them. Eri should've tried to make Offmon happy as hard as she could because it was her mission based on what you just said about her. She bought one of those spell negating things to make Offmon feel better? Maybe, but she didn't even know what's wrong with him and soon, she was with the other kids while Offmon was still upset and afraid. Eri even gave dokamon one of her explosive punches when she foun out about his feeling towards MariPero and that kiss. She is the most selfish character I've ever seen in digimon anime series. Ai on the other hand is so different. She is always ready to help them. She doesn't just want to be famous, she doesn't think she is the center of the universe, she is really decent, kind and pure hearted. Ai is somehow very similar to Sora from digimon adventure and I really like her. She is more successful in making other people happy and she does it without humiliating them. And Haru us not the one to blame. You can't have big goals and dreams while there are always Astra and Eri around you thinking about unimportant things and waste your time for that. If he really wants to defeat Leviathan, he should get rid of these two maggots first and then he can again became a kid whose dream is to become a real protagonist. I'm sure Ai, Yuujin and Rei are enough to help him defeat Leviathan and fulfill his dream.
Wow. It sounds like you have some unresolved issues about people who have goals.

First of all, Eri isn't under some obligation to make everyone in the world happy. Her question was "Is there someone you want to make smile?" She's an Applidriver like the rest of them and she chose the responsibility to protect technology waaay back in Episode 9 for herself, alongside Astra, as soon as it was revealed that Leviathan was doing bad things that could threaten people's enjoyment of digital services (like App-Idols and App-Youtube, which hit particularly close to home for those two for obvious reasons). She and Astra didn't -have- to choose that life, but they did, for their partners and for the general good of the world. How you get 'selfish' out of that is beyond me.

Your examples of Eri being selfish is a laundry list of things she 'didn't do'. And notably, it's a bunch of things that NONE of the characters did, so I'm not sure how this singles Eri out as being selfish? I don't recall Ai going out of her way to research heart medicine for Astra's father when it was mentioned that he had been sick lately. How selfish of her! Doesn't she know that she's the resident book expert and the only one who could have helped him!? No, obviously not. That's putting an expectation on a character who doesn't actually have that responsibility.

The MariPero thing WAS weird. I don't know what to think about that personally. But if anything, her showing 'jealousy' to Dokamon is actually something that he probably likes, since he usually says he feels kind of ignored by her. Perhaps this was a (poorly written) attempt at showing that Eri is starting to care more about Dokamon, considering that the two of them started with the most rocky relationship of the main cast.

The comparison to Ai (and Sora!) is actually kind of laughable. While I sincerely hope that Ai (and Sora) will become a fleshed out character at some point in the series (or in tri, as the case turned out to be)... at the current moment she's literally just a piece of cardboard with no discernible personality outside of 'generally nice'. Eri's character, by contrast, already has two very obvious sides to it as a result of having to play her 'idol persona'. The loud, brash, center-of-the-universe Eri has been repeatedly shown to be a facade and that Eri more naturally has a polite, subdued personality, likely relating back to feeling constantly alone due to her parents not often being around. Eri's goal in being an idol is repeatedly shown to have nothing to do with a desire to be famous. I'm honestly not sure where you get that idea at all. It's like you've been watching a completely different show from me.

I stand by my claim that Haru is the one who needs to take responsibility. He's the one who was specifically told about the mission to stop Leviathan from Gatchmon. He's the one who is ostensibly the leader and best researcher (and who has the search-engine buddy appmon...) He should be trying to hunt down leads. Astra and Eri are more like surveillance agents working for him since they have unique positions that allow them access to potentially vital app-related attacks. Haru's obviously not spending every day with them since they have to work while he's free to go about doing research or making dives into the Net Ocean or asking around various friendly Appmon. But he's not doing any of that, and especially now that Yuujin's around, he's too focused on them to actually focus on the threat that Leviathan poses. It just really derails the plot. Honestly, I'm hoping that an upcoming episode makes any kind of reference to Haru having been doing research this whole time since coming back from the Deep Web. It would make the whole thing more palatable.

Anyway, I don't think Eri is some kind of perfect character or anything, but your lack of self-awareness and complete disdain for her and Astra doesn't seem very well-reasoned at all. I'm not sure what causes this toxic reaction in you, but I think you might want to take a step back and recognize that you're being hyperbolic and short-sighted.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Wow. It sounds like you have some unresolved issues about people who have goals.

First of all, Eri isn't under some obligation to make everyone in the world happy. Her question was "Is there someone you want to make smile?" She's an Applidriver like the rest of them and she chose the responsibility to protect technology waaay back in Episode 9 for herself, alongside Astra, as soon as it was revealed that Leviathan was doing bad things that could threaten people's enjoyment of digital services (like App-Idols and App-Youtube, which hit particularly close to home for those two for obvious reasons). She and Astra didn't -have- to choose that life, but they did, for their partners and for the general good of the world. How you get 'selfish' out of that is beyond me.

Your examples of Eri being selfish is a laundry list of things she 'didn't do'. And notably, it's a bunch of things that NONE of the characters did, so I'm not sure how this singles Eri out as being selfish? I don't recall Ai going out of her way to research heart medicine for Astra's father when it was mentioned that he had been sick lately. How selfish of her! Doesn't she know that she's the resident book expert and the only one who could have helped him!? No, obviously not. That's putting an expectation on a character who doesn't actually have that responsibility.

The MariPero thing WAS weird. I don't know what to think about that personally. But if anything, her showing 'jealousy' to Dokamon is actually something that he probably likes, since he usually says he feels kind of ignored by her. Perhaps this was a (poorly written) attempt at showing that Eri is starting to care more about Dokamon, considering that the two of them started with the most rocky relationship of the main cast.

The comparison to Ai (and Sora!) is actually kind of laughable. While I sincerely hope that Ai (and Sora) will become a fleshed out character at some point in the series (or in tri, as the case turned out to be)... at the current moment she's literally just a piece of cardboard with no discernible personality outside of 'generally nice'. Eri's character, by contrast, already has two very obvious sides to it as a result of having to play her 'idol persona'. The loud, brash, center-of-the-universe Eri has been repeatedly shown to be a facade and that Eri more naturally has a polite, subdued personality, likely relating back to feeling constantly alone due to her parents not often being around. Eri's goal in being an idol is repeatedly shown to have nothing to do with a desire to be famous. I'm honestly not sure where you get that idea at all. It's like you've been watching a completely different show from me.

I stand by my claim that Haru is the one who needs to take responsibility. He's the one who was specifically told about the mission to stop Leviathan from Gatchmon. He's the one who is ostensibly the leader and best researcher (and who has the search-engine buddy appmon...) He should be trying to hunt down leads. Astra and Eri are more like surveillance agents working for him since they have unique positions that allow them access to potentially vital app-related attacks. Haru's obviously not spending every day with them since they have to work while he's free to go about doing research or making dives into the Net Ocean or asking around various friendly Appmon. But he's not doing any of that, and especially now that Yuujin's around, he's too focused on them to actually focus on the threat that Leviathan poses. It just really derails the plot. Honestly, I'm hoping that an upcoming episode makes any kind of reference to Haru having been doing research this whole time since coming back from the Deep Web. It would make the whole thing more palatable.

Anyway, I don't think Eri is some kind of perfect character or anything, but your lack of self-awareness and complete disdain for her and Astra doesn't seem very well-reasoned at all. I'm not sure what causes this toxic reaction in you, but I think you might want to take a step back and recognize that you're being hyperbolic and short-sighted.
Thanks for making me laugh. I always feel ashamed when I'm talking or thinking about digimon. There is not a good way of spending your time. Believe me. All of them are some fictional characters that have never existed lol. So it's not important if Eri was different or Haru tried to kill Leviathan asap. It's not about Eri, Haru or other characters. I just like the franchise because I used to like it from my childhood. And such arguments are just nostalgic. I like to see how other people react to some weird theories or claims and what happens when you tell the fans you hate Eri lol. But your post was not enjoyable. I think you should apologize for what you said about my personality and range of sight lol. So please don't go overboard and don't think here is your clinic even if you are a psychiatrist. The reasons could not prove Eri is for example selfish? no problem. I hate her so much. Let's see what you can do about this hatred and how you are gonna treat my illnesses lol. Please help me to become a long-sighted lol digimon fan. I beg you lol.

Last edited:

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not trying to insult you. I genuinely think you need to more carefully consider how you phrase your arguments. Your lack of objectivity makes it hard to take your opinion seriously.

If you genuinely want advice, you could try not ending every sentence with "lol"?

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what about Rei's he is doing something to stop Leviathan to save Hajime

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Overuse of Kiwami, Super should have been used instead. For a time limit level, they sure use the level at please.