AppliMonsters Episode 31: Let's take Everyone Along on a Trip

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
anw just bcos it's a kids show, doesn't mean it has to be stupid whenever the characters seeing such strange circumstances in their eyes, no such feel to wonder what happens, etc. Ironically, Appmon was initially having human sense with the characters, remember eps 4 when Haru was wondering who's those men in black chasing him and who's the person behind that appgattai scorpmon? It's sure a smart thing to start, but lately they just stupidly drop such sense, thus this is the outcome. This statement once again prove my other statement that it's inconsistent as hell...

If they want to make the show with stupid human sense, just make it like that from the very first, I guess the staffs are just being indecisive after all. It doesn't work

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know if you don't have anything positive to say why are you even watching the show and keep complaining about it? Nobody forcing you to watch it, if you don't like it so much then there other five digimon season that could satisfy you rather than whining over and over again because thing didn't go the way you wanted or that people like something you don't.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if you don't like it so much then there other five digimon season that could satisfy you rather than whining over and over again because thing didn't go the way you wanted or that people like something you don't.
Seven, actually (Counting tri.)

I agree with you tho

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't see the episode yet, but how many times the kids seen Rei? Three times? Four? It's hard for them to have any bonds with a guy that first attacked them, and then left the group almost immediately after he joined it. How much I would love to see Rei (more his Digimon than him), I can understand why the kids forgot about him. They probably don't even know his surname or where does he live.

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, why didn't Eri invite Rei, a character she doesn't even like and who has never shown an interest in hanging out with them and being part of the group, to come along and hang out with the group?

What terrible writing. It's consistent with established characterization for both characters and everything. These guys don't know what they're doing.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, why didn't Eri invite Rei, a character she doesn't even like and who has never shown an interest in hanging out with them and being part of the group, to come along and hang out with the group?

What terrible writing. It's consistent with established characterization for both characters and everything. These guys don't know what they're doing.
I'm more wondering how they could find Rei in the first place, Gatchmon couldn't find and he's the search Appli, even the screen location at the start of episode emphasis on how hidden he is when all it got is error. if Rei want to go he would have contact them and the only way the driver to contact them is for Rei themselves to do the first move.

Then again we are talking about digimon fandom here they listen to reason as much as twilight fan is not messed up.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Shutmon seemed to be pretty popular, already saw fan art of him nibbling on Yuujin bloody head. 0_0
Oh you meant this illustration? Thanks for mentioning my art!

I'm flattered, I've drawn this before the latest episode even aired and turned up to be....rather accurate :3 To think was meant to be just a lousy joke, not a foretelling thing lol

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Shutmon seemed to be pretty popular, already saw fan art of him nibbling on Yuujin bloody head. 0_0
Oh you meant this illustration? Thanks for mentioning my art!

I'm flattered, I've drawn this before the latest episode even aired and turned up to be....rather accurate :3 To think was meant to be just a lousy joke, not a foretelling thing lol
Yeah that's the one! People accidentally plot of the show is not that rare but funny nonetheless, it's also a very nice drawing.

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Offmon biting things and it initially coming off as comedic, only for it to turn out to be a clue to his true nature, is actually really clever writing.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually now that I think about it, Remember the Mari Pero episode? Remember how much fang Offmon during his overdrive Tachikiru Link?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder is this is another situation comparable to pre-Hunters Tuwarmon and Shutmon is actually Offmon's default stage. Might explain Offmon keeps his distance from the others as well.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that I can know what's going on...

Speaking from personal experience, do not ever assume that you know what the issue is with 100% confidince. Rookie mistake.

Now, while I don't think that Toei is trying to say Offmon is on the spectrum, (not that it makes his character any better or worse either way), it is a fear I had to learn to overcome, to actually say what's wrong, and not just let people assume what's wrong.

Still... I'm calling it right now: Shutmon is the "wolf that attacked".

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just now finished watching the raw. I liked this episode, it was pretty fun.

About obaasans, the first one thought the Digimons are just some crazy cosplayers, and didn't care much about that. After all she just heard them talking and seen just their heads. The second one was a true businesswoman, and she could sell stuff even to onis and some other demons. Plus, looking at her house she probably didn't see a real human since at least last 50 years, so maybe she thought that kids this age born this deformed.

About Haru and co. not being surprised that Yuujin has a kiwami Digimon. That barking Offmon changed into a chip just before their eyes, and they seen that Yuujin is kinda surprised as well. In fact they saw Offmon acting strangely as well, so they could think that maybe it was a reason.

But I also found one thing that bothered me in this episode. There is a scene where they're running, and a second later they're standing still as if nothing had happened.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just now finished watching the raw. I liked this episode, it was pretty fun.

This episode disappointed me...at last the thing about offmon evolving without Gattai disappointed me...but this episode was much better than the last 3 ones before this one. and still...offmon's sooo cute*-*

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That seemed to be more of his true form than Evolving I think, we see...

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But I also found one thing that bothered me in this episode. There is a scene where they're running, and a second later they're standing still as if nothing had happened.
To be fair, that's because the animators were most likely really close to their release schedule, so they had to cut some corners to make it in time for broadcast. You have to be forgiving to them about that kind of thing. Animating is serious, tiring work.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, that's because the animators were most likely really close to their release schedule, so they had to cut some corners to make it in time for broadcast. You have to be forgiving to them about that kind of thing. Animating is serious, tiring work.
Yeah, it is not that small details can ruin a show for me. I posted that to show that I'm not only praising the Appmons, but sometimes I can see some mistakes as well ;).

And while I'm at that, thanks Onkei for your work with subs! :)

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that I can know what's going on...

Speaking from personal experience, do not ever assume that you know what the issue is with 100% confidince. Rookie mistake.

Now, while I don't think that Toei is trying to say Offmon is on the spectrum, (not that it makes his character any better or worse either way), it is a fear I had to learn to overcome, to actually say what's wrong, and not just let people assume what's wrong.

Still... I'm calling it right now: Shutmon is the "wolf that attacked".
I couldn't agree more honestly. While I'm not necessarily on the spectrum myself, I deal with pretty bad social anxiety myself so I feel as though I can connect with offmon on such a deep level. The way they go into detail about him being an offline gaming app, so his mind is built in a very specific way that he can't connect with people on an emotional level no matter how much he tries. It's a almost digified explanation of how thing like Autism and social anxiety are in real life.

I'm not sure if Toei is intentionally making him out to be, but still, it's nice to see this type of character who isn't shy just because. And rather a character struggling with his own insecurities feeling sad and embarrassed about not being able to be friends with others no matter how much he wants to.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agreed.

Still, I'm getting the feeling that he was starting to connect just fine with the others, but when the "wolf" story happened, it reminded him too much of his higher form of Shutmon, and something he regrets doing in that form.

When the others saw Offmon was scared by the story, they assumed he was just frightened, and then started to try coddling him. Rather than explain what was really the matter, he went with the easy excuse of "Yeah, I'm just scared easily" rather than "The story reminded me of something dangerous I regret doing", or even "I am the wolf in the story, and I do not want to go there due to the bad memories of the place".

...I could be over-analyzing this, but that's what I've noticed about this show: where there's polish, it really shines all the way through.

Man, Offmon has a lot on his plate!

PS: I know that "getting over it" is not just one spontaneous action; it is a lifelong process and journey that even one misstep can bring you back to square one.

Last edited:

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agreed.

Still, I'm getting the feeling that he was starting to connect just fine with the others, but when the "wolf" story happened, it reminded him too much of his higher form of Shutmon, and something he regrets doing in that form.

When the others saw Offmon was scared by the story, they assumed he was just frightened, and then started to try coddling him. Rather than explain what was really the matter, he went with the easy excuse of "Yeah, I'm just scared easily" rather than "The story reminded me of something dangerous I regret doing", or even "I am the wolf in the story, and I do not want to go there due to the bad memories of the place".

...I could be over-analyzing this, but that's what I've noticed about this show: where there's polish, it really shines all the way through.

Man, Offmon has a lot on his plate!

PS: I know that "getting over it" is not just one spontaneous action; it is a lifelong process and journey that even one misstep can bring you back to square one.
My thoughts exactly.
And also I agree with some of the previous comments as well:

That couldn't simply the very first time Offmon has evolved into Shutmon.

I mean why else would be so insecure right after hearing about wolves? That wouldn't make sense if he was a mere harmless standard stage appmon that never evolved before. Yep that was a deja vu on him and whatever what reminded him from his Ultimate days wasn't pretty. He's not particularly proud of that, nope, he's terrified.
When Satellamon attacked the others, Offmon thought to himself he was the only one who could fight equal to equal against him. Was he talking about his current standard form? Well duh of course not. He was referring himself as Shutmon.

Yeaaaaah he used to be a big bad wolf sometime and it's the exact reason why he is so distant to the others. He's afraid to go berserk and hurt them, just as exactly what will happen next episode, resulting his total isolation. Whatever makes him go rabid like that, he remembers everything what he does in that state.

Before I was suspecting him to become some sort of traitor but now we can see he's genuinely worried about everyone's safety from himself. He's a good kid, he doesn't want to hurt anyone.

Last edited: