AppliMonsters Episode 31: Let's take Everyone Along on a Trip

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 31: Let's take Everyone Along on a Trip Tripmon's Trip of Terror

Episode thread for Episode 31

Air Time:
Saturday 6th May - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 6th May - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 5th May - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 5th May - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 31 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (19.01 BST 7th May.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/streaming/

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How bad (?) was this episode?
Not bad at all actually, I'd say. This episode focused mostly on Offmon(again) and how he's an offline gaming app. So as most of us have guessed, his mind is structured in a way that he can't connect with people on an emotional level no matter how much he wants to. So Offmon pretty much has a severe case of social anxiety. I was surprised and honestly kind of disappointed that Tripmon wasn't really the one to fuse into Satelamon with Cameramon and just ended up being another appmon of the week. Some wasted potential here.Also it's Gargomon all over again with how Offmon becomes completely unstable upon evolving, to the point to where (according to the preview) he slash or bites Yuujin's shoulder drawing digital blood. Why it's digital I have no idea. Maybe Yuujin really is going to be a digital being or maybe just as a censor. Either way, it's pretty weird.

Last edited:

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So how did Shutmon appear exactly? Did we get to see Logamon, or was Shutmon apprealized directly? Or did it just all happen off-screen?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH SHIT OFFMON EVOLVED

HOW?!

WHAT IF AN APPMON EVOLVES THEY GO BERSERK?!

WHAT IF THAT EXPLAINS WHY THEY APPFUSE?!

OR APPMON COULD EVOLVE NATURALLY BUT THEY FORGOT LIKE XROS WARS?!

THIS EXPLAINS WHY NATURAL SUPER/ULTIMATE APPMON EXIST

HOLY SHIT THE NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW LOOKS LIT

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!

So how did Shutmon appear exactly? Did we get to see Logamon, or was Shutmon apprealized directly? Or did it just all happen off-screen?
BUILT UP LIKE EVERY OTHER ULTIMATE APPMON EPISODE BUT SUDDENLY OFFMON SNAPS AND TURNS INTO A CHIP BUT IT's SHUTMON'S CHIP, NO LOGAMON

I'M HARD (Sorry about the caps lock)

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Offmon got so angry with Satelamon almost hurting Yuujin that he apprealized directly into Shutmon without the need for hackmon, which I was pleasantly surprised to see. So yeah, this episode showed that Appmon can in fact evolve naturally like in previous seasons. Who would have guessed!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I can't wait to see it, this episode sound awesome.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was one intense episode! But again there's a lot of bias from my side as I simply love Offmon and his evolution line but I can imagine how frustrating is for Rei's and Hackmon's fans for their absence. Since I've joined this franchise I didn't see them in action yet :/

Anyway there's a lot of new questions but guess Offmon has a lot more issues than he lets out. I just watched the episode and yeah, guess it's one case of one appmon evolving without the use of appfusion.

But that's because Offmon maybe used to be a Shutmon to begin with?

Appmon can evolve on their own in a way or another without the use of an applidriver. He might have been reverted back into an Offmon sometime before to meet Yuujin. That's how he keeps on check.....moooost of his issues.
Besides during the whole episode gave several hints Offmon is very aware how much he poses of a threat to others due to his true form, thus why he was keeping his distance. He was doing quite fine until the whole situation mentioning cursed wolves (I guess that's what the creepy old lady said) came in. That just related him so much as reminded him he is, literally, a cursed wolf himself.

Yeeeeeah Shutmon you a psychological mess. Poor guy, whatever is happening to him won't be a light thing to be dealt with.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch the episode, I suppose the data blood is because they are in the AR field.
I love how they having fun playing monopoly, it feel like they are kid their age.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I don't have a translation handy, based off of what I heard, pun intended, I can very much relate to Offmon here.

Young me knew I was powerful. Young me wanted to get to know people, but didn't know how. Young me enjoyed being alone at the same time, though. Young me was very smart.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Shutmon seemed to be pretty popular, already saw fan art of him nibbling on Yuujin bloody head. 0_0

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Offmon got so angry with Satelamon almost hurting Yuujin that he apprealized directly into Shutmon without the need for hackmon, which I was pleasantly surprised to see. So yeah, this episode showed that Appmon can in fact evolve naturally like in previous seasons. Who would have guessed!
Me lol. One episode was not enough for Yuujin to find two fitting chips. And there was no anime version of logamon anywhere. Which means thay didn't want to use him in the anime.
It would also make the plot too complicated if they used hackmon and timemon as offmon and logamon's partners respectively. But more importantly, now I'm convinced that it's highly possible for Sleepmon to evolve when he is awakened. He can change to a DIFFERENT appmon with an even DIFFERENT name and a DIFFERENT attribute type. At least, offmon did this and there is no reason why other appmon can't evolve in a similar way.

Last edited:

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what Gatchmon said in the preview, Shutmon went berserk because he couldn't control his powers, which judging from Offmon's reaction in during the ep it seemed Offmon was perfectly aware of this form and his inability to control it?
Offmon didn't seem to especially enjoy being alone, he was just afraid he'd hurt Yuujin again after accidentally biting him when he was scared on the train, that's why he wanted to keep away from everyone.

A comparatively minor thing, but I liked how Eri got immediately scammed into buying all the anti-ghost stuff, lol. I want closure on what happened to her manager!

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yep. It's a Digimon show. "The Dangers of Rage". First Tai, then Takato, then Marcus, now Offmon.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
another bad episode, sure it's getting quite intense, but here I don't see any worth mentioning to the plot bcos the staffs had done some very fatal things towards the concept building and the characterization process. Let me describe their fatality towards this whole series:

1. Why Eri doesn't even mention Rei? Isn't Rei also an appdriver? I know she still doesn't like him, but at least the staffs can give her an effort of remembering him. But not at all, Rei is completely forgotten in latest episodes.

2. Why the motherfking yggdrasil did Haru and co not hiding their Appmon buddy when facing that obaasan since from the train? Gatchmon and co also should've been aware of not being exposed in public, c'mon, just 2 episodes before Gatchmon was aware when trying to confront the kid and it actually ran from Watson. Haru should've also known this considering he still hide Gatchmon from his mom.

3. Why the Obaasan doesn't feel something strange by seeing weird things alongside the kids companion? She act like as if everything is normal and ppl already know Appmon.

4. Why everyone was being fascinated when Yuujin eventually summoned Shutmon? Shouldn't they be at least surprised or wondering why being Kiwami so fast? Yuujin just became an appdriver not long ago. Something isn't right with the characters' way of thinking, really.

tl;dr, this episode is full of inconsistencies, and is one of the reason I can't trust the Appmon staffs at all, if they keep forgetting minor things like these, then they'll just create bigger plotholes, much more than Adv 02 did.

oh yeah I forgot one thing, I'm fed up with these Offmon drama. They're just being new characters not so long ago, but there are already too much drama without proper beginning of the incident triggering. The whole reason is just bcos it's an offline game app, which is just a poor excuse. The character relationship is very clunky and unreasonably built. Oh yeah one more thing, the Offmon rage was confusing. If it feels like it can't control its anger, I don't really see such expression from its face at all, all it did was just a simple grrrr face. No any anger aura or rage eye glare, at least we understand why Skullgreymon, Megidramon, and Shinegreymon RM existed, they're forced by external power, whether it's a pressure like Skullgreymon, or linked anger like Megidramon and RM, or any interesting trigger spot like the digital hazard from Megalogrowmon. In this, nothing.... at all

What's next episode? oh, the continuation of the boring drama...

Last edited:

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of you are too hard on this show. First of all, I'll state the obvious here, it's for a much younger audience than previous seasons. So of course the story isn't going to be as deep and extensive as them. This is a show for children to watch before and after school. Very few are like us and actually watching intensively to see where the story is headed. And no, I'm not using it as a kids show to excuse poor writing. Because this show hasn't been all that poor at all aside from some minor inconsistencies that most viewers in its target audience wouldn't even notice. In fact I'd say it's doing just fine at what it's trying to do. A fun entertaining show with an interesting story going down in the background of these characters daily lives. But to answer some questions,

1.Simple, Eri just doesn't like Rei. And he really isn't in their friend group so why would any of them, especially Eri even consider bringing him along? It's not like they all hang out with each other on a regular basis either anyway.

2+3.This is weird, yeah. This was a major problem for me too. I of course haven't seen it translated yet, but I assumed she thought they were weird looking animals or something which is a pretty common trope with small cute old people in monster anime.

4. I don't think there's anything weird. They were just in aww that he evolved as all and I'm sure they'll question how he was able to in the next episode.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
agreed about the total Rei absence..of course I'd like for him to finally join the gang myself, but it'd be nice if he even got mentioned a bit more among them.

A minor thing about Offmon, but just before Offmon raged and became a Shutmon chip, he changed his first-person pronoun from 'boku' to the rougher 'ore', which signifies to me a fairly big personality switch..it makes me feel (or just hope, lol) that Offmon himself does indeed have some darker/different side to him than just 'Shutmon can't control his powers'.
Also when Yuujin told Offmon to 'tell me more about yourself, we're Buddies after all', Offmon said 'If I told you, you and everyone would surely hate me' probably suggests he has some history or something. Either that or I'm interpreting this wrongly..

2+3.This is weird, yeah. This was a major problem for me too. I of course haven't seen it translated yet, but I assumed she thought they were weird looking animals or something which is a pretty common trope with small cute old people in monster anime.
The second old woman at the hot springs thought they were in mascot costumes or something. Don't remember anything mentioned with the first one..

Last edited:

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know it's for kids but man, Appmon has plot, why making the audience confusing so much about the early concept building so much? If they just want the series to be fully enjoyed with kids, just make it plotless, like what Yokai Watch do.

I'm not too hard on this episode, but it's been very fatal with the direction, even Digimon Adventure doesn't have this much inconsistencies, the only major thing is the digimon size by visual.

I normally watch it, and the series doesn't reach my human sense at all. So much things changed from what it initially strongly tell what it was.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want to see Rei kick some ass!

By the way, did anyone notice that Shutmon is similar to Meicrackmon? I'm getting Determination flashbacks