AppliMonsters Episode 28: Applidrive DUO! Offmon Appears

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm also not convinced that Hajime = Hackmon yet.
Personally, I don't see that being the case. It would be somewhat cruel of Hajime to conceal that information from Rei while he tortures himself over finding him. They'd need a good reason for it. Also, Hajime was seen on live camera in the DoGatchmon+Raidramon battle. Theoretically, the footage could be fake, but that would feel like a cheat.
Good point you said. But we still don't even know if those people turned in whatever still know who they are.

Still I go more for the theory that Night is Hajime...but yeah...it would be possible

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... all three of us agree? Are we arguing?

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my case I think Yuujin is human and that both he and Shutmon (and maybe his mom too) are being mind-controlled, not (directly) by Leviathan but by Charismon. If this is the case, there would a good reason for a rivalry between Globemon and Charismon that eventually would end up in Gaiamon

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fun ep. Poor Musclemon, I felt so bad for him.

So Yuujin's being used to spy through, instead of being the one directly controlled (at least for now). I wonder if his mother is being controlled, or if she's willing working for Leviathan...

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Up till now the protagonist hasn't score any 'real' victory against Leviathan hasn't they?
DoGatchmon link with Raidramon and find Hajime information, Leviathan immediately delete said information.
Haru unlock Globemon, Waffle still bankrupt.
Sure they defeat Warudamon and summon Dantemon but Leviathan turned him to stone afterward.
And then the Deep Web opened, all of the Appmon there are their enemy and they can't even find Leviathan.
Seemed like for every victory they have Leviathan took away something from them in compentsation.

Phoenix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That was a very interesting episode

offmon was cute but lethal
Yuujin seemed pretty innocent for most of the episode but at then end they made it obvious that he was being controlled in some way
i wonder what his connection to leviathan is since we have already had hints of it before
such as how he was the only person on L os before
i think that is down to his mother

also i couldnt help shipping yuujin and haru
but i wonder how this will all effect their friendship

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, seriously. I am the last person who likes shipping, but if Haru was a girl, their relationship would be unquestionably romance in any show.

Continuing on the LGBT discussion, it's worth noting that Musclemon's speech patterns are very stereotypically feminine. He is clearly being portrayed as some kind of flaming muscle-gay. It's a little offputting and insulting now that I've noticed it...

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something that kinda puts me off, is, that Yuujin just met Offmon, but is completely alright with it drooling all over his face and chewing his arm, as if it was everyday's business and he was already used to it. This kinda seems... Odd.

But yeah, he and Haru are the most "in your face" Digimon has ever been with a gay shipping, beating even Daisuke and Ken and the loads of Taito fanservice that tri. is bombarding us with. I mean, it would be rather neet to have a canon gay shipping. But it won't happen. It's Toei, after all...

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't even ship Yuujin and Haru although I really am someone who likes Shonen-Ai/Yaoi too...

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What I would give for Yuujin and Haru to actually get together. Would just be another thing that proves how Digimon can stand out from the crowd. But yeah, this is toei. Odds are it won't happen. Those two female lovers in Eri's appter feed are probably the most we'll get when to comes to representation in this show which it in itself shocked me and made me pretty happy

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's very interesting that the DUO grants Appmon additional power boost compared to the standard ones possessed by Haru and the rest. Perhaps another possible plus for it (In a future episode.) would also be the removal of that one minute time limit for the Ultimate Grade forms.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's very interesting that the DUO grants Appmon additional power boost compared to the standard ones possessed by Haru and the rest. Perhaps another possible plus for it (In a future episode.) would also be the removal of that one minute time limit for the Ultimate Grade forms.
...That. That makes perfect sense. I'm shocked I didn't notice that potential plot point immediately. Good theory.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even though the generally accepted theory is that Hackmon is Hajime.
I have this theory that Yuujin could possibly be Hajime too. We can see how Yuujin is being very friendly to Rei in the opening song.
If Yuujin is Hajime, it could explain why his eyes glows red... If Leviathan planted a chip or something inside him, then he is possibly being used/controlled to spy for the actions of the other Applidrivers.
If not, then maybe "his mother" found Yuujin (Hajime) and rescued him. Then she adopted him and a chip is planted in him to probably look out for his action and make sure that he is safe and also to spy for ?Leviathan? XD
Plus, the scanner in his house could be used to scan his memories or something...

Well, we have to wait and see for sure.
No no no no, that would make Haruujin super weird

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In my case I think Yuujin is human and that both he and Shutmon (and maybe his mom too) are being mind-controlled, not (directly) by Leviathan but by Charismon. If this is the case, there would a good reason for a rivalry between Globemon and Charismon that eventually would end up in Gaiamon
I honest to god thought his mother was Charismon for a second before I remembered Naito. My theory is that she's an android, who's replaced Yuujin's real mother, and Yuujin is just a normal boy who really likes Haru

What I would give for Yuujin and Haru to actually get together. Would just be another thing that proves how Digimon can stand out from the crowd. But yeah, this is toei. Odds are it won't happen. Those two female lovers in Eri's appter feed are probably the most we'll get when to comes to representation in this show which it in itself shocked me and made me pretty happy

Were they really lovers? Everybody says so (I never read the convo), because that'd be pretty amazing
[HR][/HR]
Anyway, the episode was good:

* Offmon was even cuter than in the last episode (how???)
* Ai's scary voice is top notch, make him too afraid to cry/slash freak out is an interesting tactic
* The DBZ references were very hilarious
* Incredibly surprised about the "Insertion: Me" working for the other appmon. I wonder if this means that the 1.5x power increase is a baseline and that using it on their own partners will result in a bigger power increase. This would probably be how they finally hold their own against Leviathan
* Haru...smh, Yuujin just admitted he'd lay his life down for you, and you only gave him a fist bump? I know that's special to you guys, but come on, that at least deserved a hug.
* Even though Haruujin will probably never become a thing unless Toei would like to make me eat my words (Please make me eat my words), I'll at least know that Yuujin was definitely feeling it
* I'm pretty sure he got the Duo after Haru left him last episode, not in episode 1

* Small things, but I'm really glad we got to hear Satellamon in the episode. The episode's lesson was 100% right, I really can't get the way Satellamon talks out of my head
* Odds Ai will be an Appli Driver ~(3-2)
* I'm also really impressed with how fast the subbing was this week (they finished by Saturday, it's never been that fast)

Last edited:

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@amozu16 Yuujin even told them he got his AppliDrive after Haru left to help Eri with her Appterproblem. He even told them that

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a new group of more-qualified subbers handling it now, so I think that's why it is getting released quicker.

The Appter messages about the two girls was very VERY suggestive of a romantic relationship. It's possible that it was all some joke or exaggeration, but the language used was very romantic.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gatchmon say they need to look for a way to remain unbeatable in Deep Web but they have no way to contact Minerva. so that's pretty much confirmed it.
Someone like Satellamon would just keep their distance until the time limit is up.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saw the ep. Who ever is subbing is great. Anyway, Offmon is cute, Ai could easily be another Driver, and what's with Yujin's mom. ...Oh! And totally possible for Harujin. At least one way. heh heh

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly the only way that I could see Harujin happening is if Toei pulled some really lame bait-and-switch straight panic plot twist wherein it turns out Haru is actually Minerva or something (and therefore actually female) and that's why she's been having feelings for Yuujin all along.

Or something REALLY offensively heteronormative like that. So I'd rather it just not happen.