AppliMonsters Episode 27: The Fifth Applidriver!

hackmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
how do you know danemon is dead thay say he dead i think he alive because he could fake he own death to so Leviathan think he is dead and he is work behind the scene to stop Leviathan.

Last edited:

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as I personally welcome Yuujin and his infectious kneading Offmon to the gang's current chemistry, it's unfortunate that there's something off (No pun intended) with the duo (again, no pun intended. Snrk.) with the two. Not only with a certain sequence about them in the new intro, but the way that lone L-phone was somewhat suspiciously scanning the scene when Yuujin whipped out his AppliDriver DUO.

Last edited:

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly, it's the misdirection from Gatchmon talking about dates (which obviously isn't going to happen) that makes me think something like Yuujin being Denemon might be possible. Yuujin could also be Minerva or Leviathan, but I think his innate affection for Haru could come from the fact that he's actually Denemon. Also, the idea that Denemon is never showing up again seems unlikely. In a show that keeps pointing out that date 2045 and has time travelling characters and a character that can mask all presence of a person's existence from the net...

Yeah, Denemon is gonna show up again in some form.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how long it will be until the reveal that Yuujin's a Leviathan sleeper agent. It's gonna be pretty silly if he ends up being key in stopping a ton of Leviathan's plans (like this ep just now where it looked like Haru and them were pretty much done for).

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is a little problem with your theory, that yuujin is denemon: we learned that denemon died when Haru was a little boy and yuujin is at the same age as haru ;)

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also think that Denemon will appear. The screenwriters wouldn't tie him with Haru if he were just a random person that created Leviathan and Minerva. And also wouldn't make him scream like an idiot if he were just a NO_NAME person. There is something behind this, and since Haru pretty much is a nobody, the importance must lie in Denemon. Well, unless Haru isn't really a nobody like we might think, and he keeps a secret from everybody else (whether he knows that he keeps a secret or mot).

Denemon might be dead, or might be not. He worked on AI, so there is a chance that he transferred his consciousness to something or someone else. Therefore it still could be Yuujin, especially that his red eyes suggest that he isn't normal and therefore he might be possessed by someone, for example Denemon.

But I would like if they indeed have romantic feelings to each other. You know, even Gatchmon is joking that they had a date, and while he just tried to be mean, at least some part of his words must be true. He wouldn't say that if he had something else on his mind. And life is cruel, Salman, Haru might be interested in Ai, and end up with Yuujin ;). But it seems we all agree that something unusual is between Haru and Yuujin.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First of all, I'm really glad that the subbers are being much faster with getting these episodes out, it's nice to not have to wait until half the week is done before commenting.

Second, of all, Gatchmon took the words right out of my mouth. From episode 1, the way Yuujin's acted around Haru was rather intimate, and Gatchmon just came right out and said, and for that I'm grateful. I really do enjoy the interactions between the two of them, even if they don't get together. It's just so pure. Which is why, it'll be rather disappointing if Yuujin is indeed Denemon. (although it's just as likely Denemon is someone like Naito or Dantemon) Also, part of me was expecting Yuujin to be a least a little peeved that Haru was hiding something from him, but he seems to have brushed it off. (Although, the preview for the next episode has him making an inauspicious face)

Speaking off, Offmon is precious. At first, I thought Gatchmon was the cutest, the Musimon, but Offmon is something else, he (he?) was just so cute. Especially the little dances he (?) does while charging attacks. I love everything about that duo (Yuujin and Offmon). I'm also really curious as to how long they've known each other. I actually think they just met. Because Yuujin says "Please? It looks like you're able to do something", so I believe that they're both new to this.

Even though this episode was supposed to be serious, I actually really enjoyed how they handled it. Tsubumon's gimmick was interesting, and the incorporation of flames was pretty amusing. Also, Globemon said the lines again, so that was excellent.

Of course, although Yuujin and Offmon were definitely high points in this episode, for me, the real MVP was Satellamon. Superb voice acting, and the Kaiketsu Zubat thing was pretty awesome also. Great design and attack mechanism and he lasted longer than one episode, which isn't something Warudamon or Cometmon can say, so an all around solid character.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH yeah, I completely forgot to mention how Satellamon was the slickest Digimon since season 1 Vamdemon! Seriously, he manages to be awesome even in terrible CG!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else notice that Tsubumon was completely destroyed by Offmon's attack? That's the first time we've seen an Appmon die permanently. Yujin's like a more personable Kurata. lol

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OH yeah, I completely forgot to mention how Satellamon was the slickest Digimon since season 1 Vamdemon! Seriously, he manages to be awesome even in terrible CG!
C'mon, they are actually doing a good job with the CGI. It flows well with the animation and it's still very expressive. I don't even want to know how much budget every episode folds because of that.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you. I agree that the cg isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I think it flows with the rest of the animation rather well. A lot better now when compared to the beginning of the show when they were just getting started

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they did meet before but Yuujin didnt materialize Offmon yet? I see it as Yuujin watching from afar and will only help if Haru reallly needs it. But they camera you pointed out really was interesting. Maybe Leviathan is in Yuujin, but he can't fully take over because of his friendship/bond with Haru?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has the CGI actually improved? To me it looks as ugly and clunky now as it always did. Maybe people have just gotten used to it. The higher-grade Appmon would have fit in a lot better with the rest of the animation if they were... animated the way everything else was.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else notice that Tsubumon was completely destroyed by Offmon's attack? That's the first time we've seen an Appmon die permanently. Yujin's like a more personable Kurata. lol
But we see Yuujin get Tsubumon's chip immediately following its defeat?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh, you're right. I didn't watch closely enough and just took Satellamon's word for it.

EDIT:
Actually, there is a precedent being set here, since this is the first time they've taken the chip of an Appmon loyal to Leviathan (Coachmon doesn't count since he defected). Of course, it doesn't mean as much if Yujin is working for Leviathan anyway. I wonder if the subject will be addressed or if it's like Xros Wars where capturing an Appmon brainwashes it into being good.

Last edited:

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, they have to address it eventually considering who the Ultimate Four are components for.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Isn't Offmon just so cute. "Tweetermon" however was not. It's all about dating and farts. Weirdo. No wonder Offmon blew into 140 characters... bits. Anyway. Great episode. Can't wait to see what's next.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Satellamon is a mysterious character. He called Leviathan his client not his boss. So it's possible that his presence in cyber kowloon was not because he is a resident of that city. Rather, he was there to complete the job.
Now I'm sure he will join the kids soon. After all, he can be hired by someone else to hunt down leviathan. And that person can be an appli driver.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has the CGI actually improved? To me it looks as ugly and clunky now as it always did. Maybe people have just gotten used to it. The higher-grade Appmon would have fit in a lot better with the rest of the animation if they were... animated the way everything else was.

You know getting salty over that won't help. If the CGI improved or not, I have no idea, I just started to watch now and have no interest to watch the first season. That recap episode and clips from youtube gave all the information I needed since literally I joined cuz Offmon.
What I meant is, the CGI from Appmon actually is way better than many others shows that make this mix as well. It does flow well with the show, the evolved appmon aren't any less expressive than ordinary animated ones, blends well with the background and the movements aren't awkward at all. There's another advantage on that: there's no badly drawn frames and animation.
If people now are content with the CGI just because they got used to it, well not my case as, again, I'm new in the fandom.

I kinda like how the evolved appmon got those digital codes in some parts of their bodies. I get why the animators decided to use CGI on them, is to show they are evolved digital sources, such as animation has evolved into full CGI in Disney and Dreamwork movies. Makes sense.

But I'll just leave my final judgement once see Shutmon. Almost all ultimates so far were a bunch of robots (I'm talking about you Globemon) so can't say now if CGI will work well in an anthropomorphic wolf.