AppliMonsters Episode 27: The Fifth Applidriver!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, Satellamon is pretty smart.
Keep your distant and don't stop attacking, attack the Driver for more distraction.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Removed a post as there is no point having something posted that people cannot officially watch. Nor do we allow the mentioning of bypassing...
Not sure what was posted, but from the response... My guess is that it's referring to the official YouTube stream of the episode?
I only learned that existed yesterday and since I live in Japan, it would have been REALLY nice knowing about it sooner rather than the hoops I had to jump through to finally learn about it.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
During the battle, Haru and Globemon mentioned Navimon and GPS, anyone know what they are talking about?

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
During the battle, Haru and Globemon mentioned Navimon and GPS, anyone know what they are talking about?
That new Digimon is a GPS Digimon and can track other Digimons similarly like Navimon.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something interesting I noticed. Whenever a cameras are spying on the applidrivers, their names are displayed in blue. Except for Yuujin's which is displayed in red. Although near the beginning of this episode, as soon as Yuujin tells Haru that he's always be there for him, the color of his name changes from red to blue. It definitely can't be a coincidence

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode was very cool^^ But it seemed to me Yuujin got his AppliDrive in this episode and not before. He got it after Haru left to help Eri.
Offmon is really cute and I knew it would be shy^-^
I really liked this episode but the new Appliarise-sequenz is...strange...not my thing :/

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Yuujin definitely had his applidrive drive for a long while. He knew what he was doing going into battle like that. Especially with the way Yuujin and Offmon interact with each other. If they met just before this episode I doubt they'd act as compatible as they did

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow it turn out that the whole conversation of Navimon being number 2 gps is direct word for word of this scene.
And Yolei and Hawkmon has done it first.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Yuujin definitely had his applidrive drive for a long while. He knew what he was doing going into battle like that. Especially with the way Yuujin and Offmon interact with each other. If they met just before this episode I doubt they'd act as compatible as they did
I really hope we will get to know more about their meeting^^

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, it would be funny if it was revealed that Yuujin work for Leviathan all along and when asked why he turn to Haru side he said:
"My best friend Haru got involved, I need to protect him at all cost, that's all."

Haru eyes sparkled. "Yuujin..."

Eri looked at Yuujin with wide eyes before shaking her head. "This is a thing straight out of soap opera."

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This entire episode was more or less a soap opera lol Haru anxiously waiting for Yuujin, only for their date to be called off before it even starts as Haru is called off to work. Then Haru's monologue as he's looking at the cherry blossoms, "I hate lying to him. If I could only be true to myself, I would tell him everything and let him know that I want to be with him". Not to mention the ending. It all adds up to perfection.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have two teories regarding Yuujin:

1. Yuujin has fallen in love with Haru (and was really sad that their first date in a long time was called off).

2. Yuujin is in fact a reincarnation of Denemon, and that's why he keeps protecting Haru, because he knows that since Haru is his grandson, Leviathan might want to eliminate him.

I love how in this episode, probably for the first time in the whole Digimon franchise, an enemy noticed that it is better to kill a DigiDestined than their Digimon, because if the DigiDestined is killed, their Digimon will become much weaker as well.

And I think that Yuujin must be a superb actor - since while having Offmon for a long time (maybe even longer than Haru has his Gatchmon) he pretended not seeing and hearing floating micro transparent Appmons the rest of the kids have. And since he has an AppliDrive, there's no way that he was unable to see and hear them.

And I agree that he has Offmon for a long time because he pretty well what to do, how to use AppliDrive, how to use chips, what attacks and abilities Offmon has, how to convince Offmon to do anything, and that his AppliDrive Duo is an upgraded version of a standard AppliDrive (normally he wouldn't know that if he just got his own one).

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay okay I give it up...he has it longer than it I thought...I really want to know how he got it.
Also I am excited for the first meeting between yuujin and Rei because I think Rei will get along better with Yuujin than with the others. Yuujin seems to be calmer and not thus naive than the others can be...

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I'm all for representation, but I still think that the idea that Yuujin is romantically interested in Haru just isn't going to happen.

That said, the idea that Yuujin is somehow actually Denemon DOES sound pretty plausible, and they are using gay-baiting to disguise it.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope Yuujin isn't Denemon, that'd be really creepy considering Gatchmon called their little get-together a date... And I don't just say that because I like the ship :p

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be pretty interesting if he really were the reincarnation of danemon. But yeah, I don't really think it's all that likely and would seem a bit too convenient. I don't see danemon coming back at all actually and believe he was there solely to explain Leviathan's creation. And while I would love for Haru and Yuujin to actually have romantic feeling for each other(along with the entire Japanese side of the fandom apparently according to all the fanart that's popped up over the weekend) that's very unlikely too simply because they're 2 guys. But in this same episode we did get those 2 girls on Eri's twitter feed that were in a relationship, so who knows? At least Haru and Yuuji already have much more compatibility than Takato and Juri had

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Harsh.
We already know Haru is interested in Ai anyway so Harujin won't really happen.
If Haru is a girl though, I ship it hard.