AppliMonsters Episode 27: The Fifth Applidriver!

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 27: The Fifth Applidriver!

Episode thread for Episode 27 of Digimon Universe Applimonsters

Air Time:
Saturday 8th April - 9.30am (Japan)
Saturday 8th April - 1.00am (UK)
Friday 7th April - 8.30pm (EST)
Friday 7th April - 5.30pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And here I thought that with Yuujin joining the gang the series will become more serious... But apparently I was wrong, it became even less serious than it used to be so far.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was a pretty fun episode, but after Yuujin with Offmon appeared every seriousness the series still had was thrown out of the window.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually I'd say it wasn't bad at all. I was a huge fan of everything in this episode. The satellamon vs globemon fight was especially good. I wasn't sure how they were going to handle that with how powerful globemon was, but they did great. By keeping Satellamon as far away from him as possible so that he couldn't do anything. Though I should probably wait to judge it fully until I see it subbed, I do have to question on what exactly you mean by all seriousness leaving once Offmon and Yuujin entered the scene. I thought it was handled as perfectly as it could have been.

I did see a few people complaining about Offmon being able to fend off against Satellamon for a little bit, but even then, it takes Offmon a long time to prepare his attacks since they're so powerful. To the point to where others have to protect him while he's charging.

That said, I can't wait for the episode to be put up on tvtokyo's site. Offmon's little dance was so cute I could feel my soul leave my body and go to heaven

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK... This is normally about the time when the stream would be up on the tv-tokyo site. Little early to tell, but it might not come up. Oh well.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saw the preview for ep 28, Offmon social skill made Meicuumon look like max S.Link persona protagonist. :D

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OK... This is normally about the time when the stream would be up on the tv-tokyo site. Little early to tell, but it might not come up. Oh well.
The show airs later now, and they put it up later last week also.

And if they stop putting it up, not much we can really do about it.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The show airs later now, and they put it up later last week also.

And if they stop putting it up, not much we can really do about it.
I know, just... bummed if they don't is all. Want to legally show support.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Marc I would be very happy if you make a post when its up. You didn't last week and i am not able to watch it when it airs anymore...so...please tell us this week when its up :(

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Marc I would be very happy if you make a post when its up. You didn't last week and i am not able to watch it when it airs anymore...so...please tell us this week when its up :(
Someone else posted, so it didn't seem worth my time to do.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone else posted, so it didn't worth my time to do.
I know someone else posted it^^ was happy about it even though it was a recap.
You were asleep? Oh...goddamn this new timeslot sucks a lot for me :(

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After a long time, a phone with Leviathan's symbol appeared. I seems that they have an eye and are intelligent creatures. But unlike other episode, this phone was not shown from the start. But just when Yuujin showed his appli drive. I wonder what it really means. Although I have to wait to see the English subbed version to understand what was really going on. But this specific scene was strange. Just who is Yuujin and who gave him that appli drvie? I can't think about Leviathan anymore after watching that scene. He also had a seven code band. Strange...

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I watched the episode, here's my opinion:

• It was quite good! Satellamon beat the living schit out Globemon!
  • When will he reveal that he's goddamn Cameramon?!
  • Astra and Eri didn't use their catchphrases that much
  • Why don't they Appliarize their Ultimate appmon? Oujamon could have beaten (?) Satellamon
  • [Haruujin intensifies]
  • They didn't even bother with making Yuujin a surprise
  • Offmon is C U T E
  • Yuujin Appliarize sequence was kewl, I can't wait for June!
  • I hope Satellamon becomes a recuring villian with the Ultimate 4
See ya next episode! I hope the stream comes out soon

Last edited by a moderator:

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey this was the first episode I saw for full since only now I got interest on Appmon so wasn't familiar about its airtime.

But wow this was way better than expected:

Satellamon, not sure if he's that Cameraamon from there (well it was the same voice actor but it's funny to think he is as the enemies evolve as the series progress. Although he doesn't dramatize his name's pronunciation anymore) was particularly a very interesting foe. Quite clever as well, keeping a distance from Globemon so could easily dominate the fight. Like how he uses his GPS functions to his full advantage. Hope he appears again soon.

Eh they cut the chase about including the fifth protagonist. Fair enough, it was good anyway.

Offmon was particularly the reason why I even started to like Appmon and he didn't disappoint in his debut. Actually went way better than expected, his personality is a loyal representation from the 3DS game. Such a cute pie. I don't really think he's gonna be a socially awkward and insecure Shutmon like his game counterpart but who knows. That'd be funny. The major difference right now is his partner is not a douche. (Naoto was such a....)

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay Satellamon is definitely Cameramon. They even do the same figure waggle thing.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And the raw still isn't up :( I hate the new airtime...

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could be possible they won't be putting up the video to be views by those outside of Japan anymore.. WHich is disappointing because I liked being able to support the show by showing I like it. I may not know Japanese well enough to understand what's happening, but i like your product enough to come back everyweekend..

From other sources, the episode looked really cute. Offmon is so adorable and I can't wait to see what future episodes hold. I may have come in late, but this series has most certainly caught my attention.