AppliMonsters Episode 22: Lend Me Your Power - Rei and Hackmon

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei’s focus episodes are really atmospheric and affecting. Makes me wish we had had more than two before the halfway point. This should have been an episode and a half in and of itself, with a fight added at the end to make it a full two; as it was, it was painfully rushed. Hell, we’ve only seen RAIDramon, what, twice before? We could definitely have stood for some more of him in this fight. In fact, I wish there was a lot more pomp and circumstance about the extreme evolutions in general. They’re not taking their time with them either within their respective episodes or in the overall story. They’re breezing through the extreme evolutions at a rapider pace than Adventure went through perfects, and with a cast half the size and eighteen years of storytelling evolution that raises our expectations for depth of treatment. While the stories have hit all the right emotional notes to make them seem like they’re really the product of moral development, the fights have been perfunctory with the exception of Globemon’s, and in his case they handled Timemon rather poorly. I hate to this because ×ros Wars had the opposite problem and glibly discarded last week’s evolution whenever there was a new one, but at least they nailed the debuts for almost all of them.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Rei’s focus episodes are really atmospheric and affecting. Makes me wish we had had more than two before the halfway point. This should have been an episode and a half in and of itself, with a fight added at the end to make it a full two; as it was, it was painfully rushed. Hell, we’ve only seen RAIDramon, what, twice before? We could definitely have stood for some more of him in this fight. In fact, I wish there was a lot more pomp and circumstance about the extreme evolutions in general. They’re not taking their time with them either within their respective episodes or in the overall story. They’re breezing through the extreme evolutions at a rapider pace than Adventure went through perfects, and with a cast half the size and eighteen years of storytelling evolution that raises our expectations for depth of treatment. While the stories have hit all the right emotional notes to make them seem like they’re really the product of moral development, the fights have been perfunctory with the exception of Globemon’s, and in his case they handled Timemon rather poorly. I hate to this because ×ros Wars had the opposite problem and glibly discarded last week’s evolution whenever there was a new one, but at least they nailed the debuts for almost all of them.
tbh now I don't really care of the good fights anymore since it seems they can't do as good as XW battles (which IMO had one of many best battle scenes), but I'm more intrigued with the theme itself. I really hope there's an actual reaction from the whole citizen against all the weird stuffs happened recently and I hope they're starting to doubt the advancing technologies which lead them slowly not to trust into modern tech anymore as it only makes them worse bcos the dependence of them, which is also a thing to debate that "will AI eventually change humanity?" or something as interesting like that. I really hope to see some many moral questioning through the series like what Tamers did. But I will keep my expectation much lower than Tamers, though I feel like it's just a waste not to discuss it later bcos they actually already had a really interesting background inside the whole story.