AppliMonsters Episode 22: Lend Me Your Power - Rei and Hackmon

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Universe AppliMonsters Episode 22: Lend Me Your Power - Rei and Hackmon, The Meeting From That Day

Episode thread for Episode 22 of Digimon Universe Applimonsters

Air Time:
Saturday 4th March - 7am (Japan)
Friday 3rd March - 10pm (UK)
Friday 3rd March - 5pm (EST)
Friday 3rd March - 2pm (PST)

If you are not sure of your time then please use:
www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

No spoilers past this episode and no posting before episode airs. You can discuss any 'next episode' previews if they are shown at the end of the episode.

To join the chatroom to discuss the episode as it airs and after it airs with others either click the chat link at the top of WtW or use your irc program to join.

Server- irc.rizon.net
Room- #wtw

Update- Episode 22 is streaming freely at TV Tokyo's website for the time being at the time of this edit (11:29pm Pacific, 3/3/2017.)

Raw Japanese with no subtitles, as expected.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/appmon/

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This episode really wasn't what i expected ._.

I mean...i like the fact Rei and Hackmon were in focus today and that we got more information but the end was really...not good at all...it was boring-.-

Also...can someone tell me what the question was that Rei's applidrive asked?

Last edited:

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The AppliDriver asked "Are you alone" and Rei replied "No".

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know that they can't top what Globemon did...

But the motherfauking last 2 episodes at least tried

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... Appmon, why you gotta disappoint me?

The backstory stuff was great. There was a lot of world-building and plot-dumping going on here.

But literally Rei evolved to Ultimate without there even being an opponent for him to fight.

I mean, Eri and Astra can get away with having character-driven episodes for their Ultimate evolutions, but Rei? He's the anti-hero, I expect better.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the first post with the streaming link since it's up.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The AppliDriver asked "Are you alone" and Rei replied "No".
Ah okay! Thats why the AppliDrive activated on "No" thanks^^

I really hope we get to see some action next episode. I want to see what Revivemon can.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... Appmon, why you gotta disappoint me?

The backstory stuff was great. There was a lot of world-building and plot-dumping going on here.

But literally Rei evolved to Ultimate without there even being an opponent for him to fight.

I mean, Eri and Astra can get away with having character-driven episodes for their Ultimate evolutions, but Rei? He's the anti-hero, I expect better.
actually I was thinking the vice versa, this time it's kinda different as he gets into ultimate without having to face another random havoc like the previous 2 episodes (at least those 2 were 7 codes). But hey we haven't seen what Revivemon can do, so probably next week is what it will show off. I mean, Dezipmon is its longtime rival and now they defeated it with just Hackmon doing all the hacking. It's IMO better rather than finishing it in one episode where all they did (Oujamon and Entermon) is one hit kill. And now I guess they will slowly get rid of the usual episodic plot management, which is what I'm hoped for.

decaboyz

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hackmon and Rei are surely badass with those triple hackings. Is Revivemon seems way bigger than other Ultimates? Coz he really looks gigantic.

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hackmon and Rei are surely badass with those triple hackings. Is Revivemon seems way bigger than other Ultimates? Coz he really looks gigantic.
I was happy to see his interface again. His interface is the only one except Haru's we got to see a second time :)

And yeah Revivemon really looks gigantic o.o But i guess thats because of its long neck with one of the two heads

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else get a 'deal with the Devil' vibe from Rei and Hackmon's first encounter when the latter is offering to help the former in exchange for them becoming partners?

I suppose 'deal with Hades' would be more accurate not only because of Hackmon's final stage but Hackmon is actually honoring the deal and helping Rei much like how Hades always honors his deals.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny. I didn't seem to care for the Astra epsiode which everyone else loved. And now everyone doesn't seem to care for this episode, which I feel was far better than the last two.

Anyway, yeah I really liked this episode. It was nice having an episode entirely focused on showing how Rei and Hackmon ended up being partners, and what they do in their free time(literally nothing apprently). It made me very reminiscent of when I first watched episode 4 of Tamers, which was the episode showing how Henry and Terriermon had become partners. It was also nice seeing Hackmon worry about Rei's well being, by telling him to put more stuff in his body than just energy drinks lol

It's funny though. On other sites like twitter and tumblr, I found that everyone, myself included made fun of Rei, calling him an edgelord and all that because every time we see him he's drinking one of those things. But thinking about it, it makes sense in a very depressing way. We discovered in this episode that for the past 2 years he does nothing in his free time but hack and look for his little brother. Apart from sleeping that's literally all he does in life. So to him since sleeping is such a waste of such valuable time, he tries to stay awake as much as his body will let him even purposely putting off eating actual food

Last edited:

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked this episode too because Rei was in focus and liked that we finally learned more about Rei^^
Also I liked to see that he and Hackmon aren't just partners but also friends which wasn't very clear until now^^

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While I don't dislike this episode, I thought they could've done more showing than telling; I might be exaggerating but it felt like half of the ep's plot was revealed just from Rei and Hackmon's conversation when I'd have liked to see more events/acting on it.
We got to know more about Rei which was interesting, but I wish they revealed more about Hackmon too, we still barely know anything about him/his motive. Though I kinda like their interactions (especially Hackmon's 'yeah you are an idiot, I don't like you' after their first Dezipmon fight, lol).
Speaking of Dezipmon, he's another jokey villain of the day but I thought his speech gimmick was really simple but funny. I like it a lot haha

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those aren't exactly 'energy drinks', they're more like 'meal replacement drinks'. Rei literally stopped eating actual food for like 2 years.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought this episode was pretty good for Appmon. Revivemon didn't get to do anything, but at least we had a serious (well, "serious") battle between Dezipmon and Hackmon, which is better than bullshit like the alleged Entermon vs. Medicmon fight. I just figured they're saving Revivemon for fighting Warudamon or something.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those aren't exactly 'energy drinks', they're more like 'meal replacement drinks'. Rei literally stopped eating actual food for like 2 years.
OMG that's incredible :O May I ask if this kind of supplements (the same brand as Rei uses to consume) are sold for real in Japan? In Appmon there's a lot of references to real events, products and people, which is very nice imo.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought this episode was pretty good for Appmon. Revivemon didn't get to do anything, but at least we had a serious (well, "serious") battle between Dezipmon and Hackmon, which is better than bullshit like the alleged Entermon vs. Medicmon fight. I just figured they're saving Revivemon for fighting Warudamon or something.
Considering we briefly saw her in the preview, that would make sense. And least we actually got to meet Dezipmon this time, poor Protecmon never actually got any screen time.

Also the implication that Rei stopped eating actual food for two years is kinda horrifying.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also the implication that Rei stopped eating actual food for two years is kinda horrifying.
Something tells me that it might be a plot point relatively soon...