Applimonsters: Cyber Arena, Ongoing Information and Data

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Waiting a month for transalation is quite fast, I'm glad somebody asnwered at least. :p
The game bombed huh, will it affect the anime continuation or not?
I'm a fan of Appmon since, like, two weeks ago? I don't know that much.
It's said the anime is 52 episodes long, which is normal for a run to not say very lucky. So we are getting Appmon every week until early October. I'm not expecting any sort of continuity after that, but maybe it's just for the best.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope Appmon successful enough for Toei to make another digimon anime...
By the way, there was a scene where after fake Rebootmon was defeated all of the driver goes outside and act as if they lose their partner before all the partner suddenly popping in again, do you know the reason for that?

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By the way, there was a scene where after fake Rebootmon was defeated all of the driver goes outside and act as if they lose their partner before all the partner suddenly popping in again, do you know the reason for that?
I'm not fond of digimon so don't really care about its future. I know Appmon will end, I'm counting on that but it will take some months for that so heck, enjoying it while it lasts. I truly see it an entirely apart thing from digimon despite all odds but believe me, that's possible. Unthinkable? Well that's me.

That's where my translation skills end, I didn't understand that part either. Sounded cliché right? Well there's an ongoing walkthrough on youtube with a pair translating the dialogues in spanish and since I'm portuguese, was managing to understand perfectly. They are like half done so it's just a matter of time until I know the most accurate translation of the entire game.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow that pretty strange. I do hope Appmon gain ground as it's own thing though, like Persona series to SMT Digimon.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 3DS game bombed more because it was released at a terrible time. It came out right between a new mainline Pokemon game and a main Yo-Kai Watch game. The rest of the Appmon merchanise seems to be selling pretty well, though. In particular, the Appmon chips (though not near to the point that Yo-Kai Watch's medals are selling) seem to be selling great. It's entirely possible that Appmon will get some kind of continuation, regardless of the performance of the 3DS game.

It's worth mentioning that the battle system in the 3DS game is more akin to card battles than anything else, since you're pulling skills and evolutions based on a 'deck' of Appmon chips. It's not a bad battle system at all, though the graphics aren't as crisp as other 3DS games, like SoftMon mentioned.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 3DS game bombed more because it was released at a terrible time. It came out right between a new mainline Pokemon game and a main Yo-Kai Watch game. The rest of the Appmon merchanise seems to be selling pretty well, though. In particular, the Appmon chips (though not near to the point that Yo-Kai Watch's medals are selling) seem to be selling great. It's entirely possible that Appmon will get some kind of continuation, regardless of the performance of the 3DS game.

It's worth mentioning that the battle system in the 3DS game is more akin to card battles than anything else, since you're pulling skills and evolutions based on a 'deck' of Appmon chips. It's not a bad battle system at all, though the graphics aren't as crisp as other 3DS games, like SoftMon mentioned.
I'm a Yo-kai Watch fan and can tell you that franchise have seen better days. MUCH better days.
Yeah the release date was a terrible decision with pokemon Sun/Moon released so shortly from it, but the third version of Yo-kai Watch 3 errrrrrrrrrr didn't really do that damage. In gaming standards YW3 did sell very well, but in the franchise usual standards, it did terribly. It's facing a downhill lately and won't be good if will keep up that rate. They are just now pushing stuff over overrated yo-kai (the japanese are obsessed with the human-looking ones), with an obvious sign of desperation.

Now about Appmon I don't really....think it will get a continuity. It's not like those digimon seasons which are different every time and soon their air time is over, it's done? They just went more creative this time by using digimon born from apps and getting its own thing but in the very end, it's still just a digimon season, bound to fall into oblivion (everything that's not adventure until tamers falls into oblivion) eventually.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I just cleared the game today, so I can answer this. Rebootmon faces infected Rebootmon, and this somehow blows Naoto and MC out of the Chaos AR Field. Through the appli drive, Rebootmon tells MC that he defeated the infected Rebootmon but its leftover influence is so great that he'll have to use his reboot power to turn the world back to normal again. Rebooting means that all of their partner Appmon will end up disappearing, because they'll be starting fresh. The partner Appmon quickly say goodbye, MC tells Rebootmon to do the reboot, and all of the Appmon disappear. The humans are sad about losing their partners, but suddenly the partner Appmon return again in their previous-grade state. It ends with Bootmon saying "Hehe, we were still connected!"

To me, the ending... was very lacking. Rebootmon was tough af to beat, I appreciate that, but you go back to the status quo without much of a sense of tension. The rest of the game seems to be about deciding who's the champion of all appli drivers through tourneys. I've seen some screenshots of Haru and Gatchmon being with the MC, so I'm running around now trying to figure out how to get to that part.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I just cleared the game today, so I can answer this. Rebootmon faces infected Rebootmon, and this somehow blows Naoto and MC out of the Chaos AR Field. Through the appli drive, Rebootmon tells MC that he defeated the infected Rebootmon but its leftover influence is so great that he'll have to use his reboot power to turn the world back to normal again. Rebooting means that all of their partner Appmon will end up disappearing, because they'll be starting fresh. The partner Appmon quickly say goodbye, MC tells Rebootmon to do the reboot, and all of the Appmon disappear. The humans are sad about losing their partners, but suddenly the partner Appmon return again in their previous-grade state. It ends with Bootmon saying "Hehe, we were still connected!"

To me, the ending... was very lacking. Rebootmon was tough af to beat, I appreciate that, but you go back to the status quo without much of a sense of tension. The rest of the game seems to be about deciding who's the champion of all appli drivers through tourneys. I've seen some screenshots of Haru and Gatchmon being with the MC, so I'm running around now trying to figure out how to get to that part.
Eeesh anti climatic much no?
Weird ending indeed but oh well. At least the whole drama from Shutmon was a nice touch and I really appreciated it #evolvedmonswithpersonalityproblems

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now about Appmon I don't really....think it will get a continuity. It's not like those digimon seasons which are different every time and soon their air time is over, it's done? They just went more creative this time by using digimon born from apps and getting its own thing but in the very end, it's still just a digimon season, bound to fall into oblivion (everything that's not adventure until tamers falls into oblivion) eventually.
That's not entirely true. I mean, yeah, it's unlikely that Appmon will finish and then get a sequel season 15 years later like Tri, but that doesn't mean it won't get some kind of continuation (at least with the same Appmon or something?). I mean, XW was doing kinda horribly and it got a sequel season in Hunters. Not to mention that ALL of the seasons get regular nods in the games. Adventure PSP and Re: Digitize Decode both featured all the goggle boys from each season. And the latest game, Next Order, gave us Shoutmon and Gumdramon from XW. And Digimon Linkz seems to be getting nearly every Digimon that ever existed. I feel like Haru's story will be finished at the end of this season, but there could easily be a new season following it using the same basic Appmon Chip theme. Really, the only requirement is Appmon Chips, since those are selling well. And since the latest V-Jump shows us that some Digimon like Agumon are getting Appmon Chip toys soon, it's entirely possible we'll see some kinda new version of Appmon/Digimon Universe. I'm not holding my breath, but dismissing it so early as a possibility is ill-advised.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Nice, thanks!
Also if isn't that much trouble can you tell us story of Haru and Gatchmon event that you said?

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The translation from the spanish walkthrough is finally reaching its end and already gone though the climax.
Seems my own translation wasn't too off as thought would be, but still Shutmon's reasons for the mess he has caused are way more dramatic than expected I mean:

Back then I said he wanted to restart the world so could fit Naoto's standards.
Well actually Shutmon wanted to create a world WITHOUT the player on it because firmly believed he/she was the cause of Naoto's misery and decaying spirit. So all the confronts that happened during the plot were under his crafting in order to KILL the player.

And since he failed to do so by ordering some running appmon to do that dirty job for him (funny they call him "chief", literal translation from "oyabu") and lost against the player's partner more than once, he schemed to bring the player and Naoto in the same place so can trap them and evolve into Rebootmon and go straight to the kill himself.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa.
WHOA.
See? This show is way too childish! </sarcasm>

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, wait a sec, Shutmon is trying to kill himself why exactly? I didn't get this part.

Okay a crazy thought: what about if the events in the game take place sometime before the anime/manga (maybe there's a time distortion because of the effect of Rebootmon and stuff), and the Shutmon (or Offmon) of Yujin is made of the wicked data of Naoto's Shutmon in the form of Rebootmon (same as Next Order's Meicoomon is made of tri.'s Meicoomon's data), that's why he tried to force terminated everything during his "first" appearance in the anime, and even more, this is the reason why Offmon is already able to go straight to his Ultimate form without the help of the AppGattai?

Last edited:

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, wait a sec, Shutmon is trying to kill himself why exactly? I didn't get this part.Okay a crazy thought: what about if the events in the game take place sometime before the anime/manga (maybe there's a time distortion because of the effect of Rebootmon and stuff), and the Shutmon (or Offmon) of Yujin is made of the wicked data of Naoto's Shutmon in the form of Rebootmon (same as Next Order's Meicoomon is made of tri.'s Meicoomon's data), that's why he tried to force terminated everything during his "first" appearance in the anime, and even more, this is the reason why Offmon is already able to go straight to his Ultimate form without the help of the AppGattai?
Before anything there's something you've missed:
The 3DS game and the anime are not the same thing. They are like, somehow, alternate universes. Yes, the protagonists of the anime, except Yuujin, do exist in the game but they are not the same, as Levianthan does not exist there (which we all know he's literally the entire cause of the entire anime plot). That's why the game does follow characters exclusive for the game itself while the anime ones are just side and postgame quests.

So needless to say, this 3DS Shutmon is not the same Offmon from the anime, their personalities are pretty well told apart.

Although they have something in common: they are BOTH messed up.
While anime Shutmon suffers from enigmatic feral madness and is aggressive by nature, 3DS Shutmon retained his shy and awkward behavior ever since as an Offmon, with no real improvement through his evolution (and unlike his anime counterpart, he didn't skip being a Logamon for a while) because his partner Naoto, unlike Yuujin, was a douche and neglected him, in a point the poor wolf has grown tense by resorting to attempt murder against the player for their unhealthy rivalry. Despite that, 3DS Shutmon had Naoto's best interests to heart and truly wanted him to be happy, but just got the wrongest way to show that.

When evolved into Rebootmon, ended up to be an imperfect fusion, resulting Bootmon and 3DS Shutmon becoming BOTH the fuel, while the god got an own personality, born from his insecurities. That's how 3DS Shutmon realized the error of his ways and managed to break free from that fake Rebootmon's grasp.

We don't know why and how anime Offmon has evolved all the way into Shutmon before to meet Yuujin. It's more than obvious he had his wolf days and they didn't go well.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the canon, I'm sure Cyber Arena is supposed to be a branched timeline from the Appmon anime. However, from what I've played of it, it could just be that the main characters of Cyber Arena never get involved in the main Appmon plot and simply have never heard of Leviathan.

I also kinda got the impression that anime!Offmon was supposed to be 3ds!Offmon, now with a new partner and a mission from Minerva. Or possibly a version of events similar to what happens in Cyber Arena is what makes up anime!Offmon's backstory. Sort of like how Ken's backstory in 02 is made up of similar events from the Tag Tamers WS game, though not EXACTLY the same timeline.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the canon, I'm sure Cyber Arena is supposed to be a branched timeline from the Appmon anime. However, from what I've played of it, it could just be that the main characters of Cyber Arena never get involved in the main Appmon plot and simply have never heard of Leviathan.

I also kinda got the impression that anime!Offmon was supposed to be 3ds!Offmon, now with a new partner and a mission from Minerva. Or possibly a version of events similar to what happens in Cyber Arena is what makes up anime!Offmon's backstory. Sort of like how Ken's backstory in 02 is made up of similar events from the Tag Tamers WS game, though not EXACTLY the same timeline.
It's an interesting thought but cannot be.
The game and the anime have no connection at all besides the small side participation of the anime main characters. But that's just fanservice with no deep meaning, for the solo fact Levianthan does not exist in the game, which...well, changes everything.
I'm positive that Offmon is not the same one from the anime as his personality as Shutmon is very different from his 3DS counterpart. First this one has no feral madness issues and his bond with Naoto got largely improved in the postgame. Why should Shutmon ever be apart from him when they finally are in healthy terms to each the other? Nah he's another Shutmon. Appmon are species anyway just like Digimon.

Besides the anime cannot afford to make any sort of connection with the game. They're entirely different branches from the franchise and at this point, it's too late to make anything tied to it.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leviathan not showing up doesn't mean that Leviathan doesn't exist.

Also, the anime does make a small reference to the game in the first season (episode 9 I think?) where the kids go to one of the Cyber Arenas so their Appmon can have a contest.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leviathan not showing up doesn't mean that Leviathan doesn't exist.

Also, the anime does make a small reference to the game in the first season (episode 9 I think?) where the kids go to one of the Cyber Arenas so their Appmon can have a contest.
It's normal to the anime make some references of a major feature of a game in order to.....try to boost sales?

Sotin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want to play this game, but I dont know japanese, should I try to play it anyway?

KaseiDragon555

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How did you can extract the model from 3ds game? What kind program did you use to extract it?