Applimonsters: Cyber Arena, Ongoing Information and Data

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, that image DOES look a lot nicer! Yeah, I'm gonna wait until Theigno rips the models before making any more judgments on the God Appmon.

prismblack91

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
im guessing this is appmon's answer to the Olympos XII

luluco

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Gaiamon, Hadesmon and Poseidomon look decent enough, my only problem is that they're too samey. Uranomon is a huge downgrade, though.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think for me it's them all having the same colors that bugs me most. I wouldn't mind them, even Uranosmon, if they just didn't all look so similar in that regard. Also, I think Deusmon is hilariously nondescript as far as his name (and even his appearance) goes. If he were the only god Appmon it wouldn't be so noticeable, but here you have all these specific gods and he's just... Godmon. As for them being the Appmon equivalent of the Olympos XII, there's certainly a thematic connection, though Uranos was a Titan and Gaia a primordial earth deity, and neither were Olympians. Then of course there's Rebootmon.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the designs are okay but I agree that the color scheme is a bit monotonous. I'm not the biggest fan of Hadesmon, it looks okay but it's mostly just Revivemon with a centaur body. Uranosmon on the other hand has me interested because of just how strange it looks (and I was never the biggest fan of Entermon anyway). Poseidomon just looks boring though...

I think for me it's them all having the same colors that bugs me most. I wouldn't mind them, even Uranosmon, if they just didn't all look so similar in that regard. Also, I think Deusmon is hilariously nondescript as far as his name (and even his appearance) goes. If he were the only god Appmon it wouldn't be so noticeable, but here you have all these specific gods and he's just... Godmon. As for them being the Appmon equivalent of the Olympos XII, there's certainly a thematic connection, though Uranos was a Titan and Gaia a primordial earth deity, and neither were Olympians. Then of course there's Rebootmon.
Hades also technically isn't an olympian god since he's stuck in the underworld, therefore he's chthonic and not olympian (Just as Plutomon isn't a member of the Olympos 12 either). So there's only one of them (Poseidomon) who actually fits the definition.

I'm gonna wait until Theigno rips the models before making any more judgments on the God Appmon.
Unfortunately the stars haven't aligned for that yet.

Last edited:

Shinoryu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maaaaaaan, i'm so eager to get the full game !! They look great, there are ones i like more than other, true. Lately with the gachapon i've been getting alot of revivemon, i am really really glad that it's god form is soo go(o)dlooking ;D And on the other hand there are some that i just really prefer as ultimate. Like, bootmon, shutmon. And after those, there are also a bunch that dosen't quite make sense to me as gattai ; Poseidomon looks like a leomon that jogressed into an alt line, let's say ikkakumon hahaha. Uranosmon is pretty good design wise, tho i don't see why the hell he belong as an evo of the fakemon/entermon line :'( tbh, i would have totally seen the link if he went from wethermon, wheterdramon, an ulti, and then Ura. I mean it's okay, i will get over that but maaaan i wanted some badass bunny thing to end the musy familly evolution ... what a downer.

OH, before i forget, did someone out there of the player lot bought the physicall version ? if so, i would really be interested into a tutorial about how to migrate your save file from the demo to the cadright. JUST to be shure i don't lose these 80-ish hours of play hahaha, sankyu in advance. Ah, and also, could someone enlighten us (those in wait for their game copies or just the curious bunch over there) how much do a god permanent gattai cost, in fragment ? 100 ?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I bought the physical game but I never bothered with the demo. But there wasn't any kind of option for loading a demo save that I could see.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually like Gaiamon the most. It's really subverted from what usually the "red oni" digimon will look like. I was kinda eh for Uranosmon earlier, but it slightly grew within me. I mean, Appmon really subverts the trope that usually all digimon on the highest level will be: 1. humanoid, 2. fully knight armored/mechanized.
And yeah, Gaiamon from the look wasn't an excessive design like mostly previous "red oni" digimon are, rather it's the simplest of all, doesn't wield any weapon, just with the red stripes and blue crystals.

What really disappoint me is Poseidonmon, he looks like a giant baboon. The arm designs bothered me the most.

YukiGreymon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Obviously it's a common anime visual, but I am wondering if, thematically, the rings on their back are meant to replace the connection cables, as those cables are no longer needed. A circle because they are fully complete connected to themselves. Even with the gap in Hadesmon.

Incidentally, is Minerva definitely not in the game, or have we not yet seen all the appmon in it?

Shinoryu

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YukiGreymon eh, quite an interesting point of view, we will have to see if they really lost their connector or if the disk act as a wifi one lol. Tho i am pretty sure i saw a link between uranosmon and a standard grade appmon, so whatever the case is, they can still applink...

Also, much to my "disappointment", it seems like we haven't seen the end of the appmon list (point at some guys being able to scan santamon with a 10 or 100 yen coin somewhere in the undernet, minervamon, ...) but it seem we have seen all the appmon so far in cyber arena. Again, i would really like to be proven wrong but ... most of the game that have acess to contents and dlc after their release have a menu that explicilty point you to that, loke in the most recently released 7th dragon III. Or even, game that might want to hide the fact a bit, they still point at a spotpass compatibility...

[{E D I T}]
Okay i just received my game, and yes, you may transfer your data from the demo to the full game. To do so, when you've launched the full game, go to the thrid option, it will ask you if you want to resume from your save, and also give you a mission right from the start. Also, i dont know if it was from any sucess in the demo's re/quest, but if you go to the mcmon, choose the last option, he will reward you with 100 frags to perma-fuse your appmons.

So, maybe it was brought and discussed before, but the god grade have NO WEAKNESS, and their connector turn into disk. I am able to gattai into almost every one of them at this point, except fir bootmon, i even can reach some viruses gid grade (uranosmon and gaiamon), and really, hadesmon stay my favorite. In game they look really stylish and badass. I can't still get over how "wasted" the slot for poseidomon seems to me, tho :'/ ... but oh well, i will eventually get over it lol.

When not occupied rushing AR dungeon, i will update the QR list with the few ads we had with the first release bonuses (2× gatchmon / onmon chip and 2x dotgatchmon card hehe). I will post that later on this afternoon when my buddy get to open his version of the gamu~

Last edited:

Graizen

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can i ask you guys to save a vídeo of the God Appmon?
Just a standing pose woud be good!

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because I do not have 3DS, Can anyone please tell me the gist of the storyline, who's the antagonist and if the anime cast appears in the game?

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because I do not have 3DS, Can anyone please tell me the gist of the storyline, who's the antagonist and if the anime cast appears in the game?

I came a bit late but hope it's fine to replay you now.
Anyway, I did watch some videos on youtube in a walkthrough so I do have an idea what's going on as know some japanese.

You play as a boy or a girl (literally Haru clones for some reason) which you are paired with an appmon called Onmon who looks like a yellow cat with metalic claws and feet with on signs in his head. There's a plot in this game which is around about some appmons going crazy and if I'm not mistaken, to attempt to mix the real world and the AR fields. I didn't really understand why although. Also you take part of a tournament which you use your appmon you get during the game to fight against others players and rise your ranks.
You also have got a rival, a childhood friend called Naoto. Apparently you used to play a lot with him since ever since he became an appli driver (before you) he distanced himself from others and vowed to be strong on his own. His appmon partner is Offmon, who recently debuted as part of the main cast of the anime, and is the polar opposite of your partner Onmon. Naoto usually behaves like a douche to you and the others but he's fairly tolerant with Offmon's pessimistic and shy nature. Although still neglects him and doesn't appreciate much how hard Offmon tries to get his approval.

As the game progresses, unlike the anime, once your appmon partner evolves, he stays permanently like that. Onmon evolves into Logimon as super stage and then into Bootmon as ultimate stage. No matter how much as he evolves, your partner stays rather optimistic and tends to use third person to refer himself. At the same time, Offmon also evolves further into Logamon and then into Shutmon. Similarly as your partner, he doesn't change as he evolves, still very insecure, socially awkward and wishing to Naoto be proud of him. With no avail.

As the foe appmon attacks intensifies, you and others characters start investigate what or who is behind all of it. In the very end, they corner Naoto. As a brief shock, Naoto denies to be the mastermind behind, but the misunderstanding was immediately clarified. It wasn't him, but his own appmon partner, Shutmon.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow that sounds really interesting!! May I ask why? I mean, what is the agenda of Shutmon? Or is he being controlled by someone/something? I recall seeing in the English Digimon wikia that there were two Rebootmon, the final villain and the Jogress between Bootmon and Shutmon himself.

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow that sounds really interesting!! May I ask why? I mean, what is the agenda of Shutmon? Or is he being controlled by someone/something? I recall seeing in the English Digimon wikia that there were two Rebootmon, the final villain and the Jogress between Bootmon and Shutmon himself.
That is correct, but will get there in a moment.

Shutmon: "It's a bit mean to call me the evil mastermind. I just wanted the best for Naoto, that's all."

Shutmon may have been the real antagonist but the truth is he wasn't necessarily evil. Soon as he was pointed to be the mastermind behind the chaos, he confirms it but states he did it with Naoto's best interests to heart. As his partner was distancing himself from others in order "become stronger", Shutmon has sensed he was growing weaker from spirit by behaving like that and ultimately thought it was entirely his fault, for not fulfilling his standards of "strength". Ever since as an Offmon, Shutmon blamed himself for failing to make Naoto better and such ended up thinking things won't get better at that rate. That's how Shutmon has decided, secretly, to change the world by becoming a god, and reshaping it to fit his partner and turning into the strongest appmon for him.

Naoto: "Stop it, Shutmon! I never would wish for that!"
Shutmon: "There, just as I thought. Naoto's heart is indeed growing weaker..."

Then Shutmon reveals he was waiting for your partner to become stronger until the time would be right to become a god. Against your partner's will, Shutmon takes control of Naoto's applidriver and forcibly fuses with him, becoming Rebootmon.
Now as a god, Rebootmon asks Naoto to join him and restart the world with him. Naoto agrees by everyone's shock but with one condition: to free your partner from the fusion. Rebootmon does such, revealing Bootmon was just a mere energy supply and now, no longer needing him. As Bootmon is freed, Rebootmon turns everyone's applidrivers off, preventing them to use their own appmons against him, and teleport them away from the AR field they were.

Outside it, you are the only one with the applidriver still functioning and go to save Naoto from Rebootmon.
As you get into the AR field again, Naoto was trying to reason with Rebootmon, but as he doesn't listen, you have to fight against him.
Soon as you defeat him, Naoto still attempts to plead him to stop, until hears a voice coming from Rebootmon begging to finish him off. It was Shutmon. Somehow that showed that Rebootmon ended up to be an imperfect and incomplete evolution, as a physical manifestation of Shutmon's insecurities.
Shutmon at this point has realized what have done and demanded to be shut down alongside that fake Rebootmon before could hurt anyone.
Naoto, of course, didn't want to go that far to kill his own partner and begged him to set himself free and join them to stop the god.

Without hesitation Shutmon obeys and gets out from Rebootmon, collapsing in Naoto's arms out of strength:
Shutmon: I'm sorry....I'm so sorry...
Naoto: Don't need to apologize Shutmon, you are after all, my beloved buddy Appmon.
Shutmon:.....thank you, Naoto.

Even without his second fusee, Rebootmon was still in one piece and in order to defeat him, Shutmon suggests to now properly fuse with your partner. They do so, becoming a true Rebootmon, and effortless, defeats the fake Rebootmon.

Last edited:

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks you for the the transalation @SoftMonKeychains and wow, Naoto sound like a less aggressive Ruki and Shutmon feel like Neo Saiba MetalGreymon.

amozu16

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bravo! Bravo! That...was actually a rather entertaining story

SoftMonKeychains

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't expecting anyone to read my translation summary at this point as the last post was like one month old, thank you for the compliments!
But as I said, it's just a brief thing, as my japanese is not perfect so might have got the wrong statements in one or two occasions. Although I assure the plot goes that way.
Yeah actually the story ended up pretty interesting. It's not a very good 3DS game, with simple graphics in comparison with what we are used to see and not necessarily the most engaging gameplay. No wonder it bombed in Japan, it just could be a more beautiful game.
Although the plot is to be praised just for appmon character development.

That's what made me like Offmon's evolutionary line so much shortly before I joined the fandom in the time the second season of the anime has debuted.
I really like when stereotypes get broken and unexpected things happen. Whiiiiich is not really usual from digimon. To see an appmon evolving and retaining the exact same emotional issues is very rare, if not, the first case in the franchise. Usually evolutions tends to magically cures any self esteem problems, rending them as brainless brawl machines, which for once, didn't happen in this game.

Who would expect a humongous anthropomorphic delinquent-looking wolf with razors and a pair of scissors to be an insecure and self-conscious individual with a heart of gold but easily misguided due to those same personalities issues? That was deep.

Oh right, I forgot to mention, in the postgame (as far as I know) you still have to participate in the tournaments to become champion, with Naoto participating as well (kinda cute to note there Shutmon has started getting more confident but still is easily embarrassed)

Shutmon: "Naoto won't lose to you either! ........AAAAAAAAA I said it without thinking, I'm sorry I'm sorry!!!!"
Naoto: "That's fine, Shutmon. And you meant WE won't lose to him"

The anime Offmon is actually a very close counterpart to his 3DS self. Now we just have to wait to see if will follow suit once he evolves. I doubt it, but would be funny.

Ah, I'm not sure, but either Minerva or Levianthan are mentioned in the game, let alone getting any participation. All the incidents were caused by random appmon, instructed by Shutmon from afar.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Waiting a month for transalation is quite fast, I'm glad somebody asnwered at least. :p
The game bombed huh, will it affect the anime continuation or not?