AppliDrive Product Information

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have some fun bits about the toy of the Appmon Digivice, the AppliDrive.

Image Thumbnail

It's currently planned for launch early in October, at a price of 4500 yen.

Interestingly they note the toy is appropriate for ages 6 and up, even though Bandai specifies they are targeting Appmon at boys 10 to 12.

They're including Appmon chips of Gatchmon and Navimon with the AppliDrive.

Image Thumbnail

Of interest to most Digimon fans will be the actual screen.

The screen will have a 3 color backlight for visual effects, and the resolution of the screen is interesting.

It's a 16x48 screen. This is a short veritcally, but wide horizontally screen. This is a bit new for Digimon V-Pet/Electronics. It should be able to have some nice tiny sprites having battles on it... interestingly enough, this also means it's sized just enough to fit traditional Digimon sprites having a battle (traditional Digimon sprites being 16x16, with their attacks being 8x8.)

Image Thumbnail Image Thumbnail

Various images also show the AppliDriver connected to the 7code Pad via what appears to be some type of odd looking ribbon cable (although the image of the item on display doesn't seem to show anything beyond a see through plastic piece, so that might just be for show.) The 7Code Pad will retail for 3200 yen on it's own.

'Applink Mode' is described, which is where Appmon can connect together via Applink, or can combine together using App Fusion.

They also bring up Ranking mode, which uses the display to give power levels, and various other bits.

The last few bits point out the price of Appmon Chips, a pack of 2 will be 240 yen, with 28 total being available.

Image Thumbnail

A special AppliDriver set, including the AppliDriver, the Appmon Band (the watch accessory, which will retail for 1,500 yen on it's own), 3 Rare Appmon Chips, and a premium Scopemon chip will also be available.

Image Thumbnail

For those who plan to ignore Gatchmon, you will also be able to buy new ring covers for the AppliDriver that change the main design flair element of the AppliDrive (it appears each of these will be 800 yen and come with 2 Appmon chips.)

Thanks to our friend Touya for all this great info, and big thanks to him for subtitling the Bandai product preview video with all their Appmon stuff in it.

If the embed is being a bit glitchy here is a direct link to the video.

Lots of interesting stuff, makes me wonder how this will end up being and what the Digimon electronics fans will think of it.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really wanna get one, even if it doesn't resemble the type of Digivice we're used to. It's a replica and it has a function. That's enough for me. I'd also like to get the other rings, especially the grey/black one.

The bad part is that even if you get one, you don't get to live the whole experience of connecting and using your Appli Driver and Chips with other machines if you don't live in Japan.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This sure is interesting. Much different then what we've seen before but I could see some kids really liking it. I wonder how it will work in the anime.

Lagarmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really liking what I see here. Can't wait until the Fall!

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doooooooooope

I can't wait to get my hands on one. With that & the tri. book, I'm going to be so broke haha but so worth it

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think everythings up for preorder on Hobby Link Japan. I'm not sure about other sites but there's no reason it wouldn't be.

I preordered the toys, but I'm not sure how far into the rabbit hole I'm going to go with the rest of the merchandise. It seems way too addictive to collect and I'm not sure how fun it will be without the App or 3DS game.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the most interesting about this is in theory, Eri gets a blue Digivice instead of pink like our last few leading ladies.

Digimonuniverse

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don't forget that rika had a blue digivice, only two people had pink and it was yoshino and zoe, sora had white, yolei had red, and Nene had lavender

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think everythings up for preorder on Hobby Link Japan.

Can confirm -- I just preordered the applidrive and the armband special set thing that Marc showed above for 4800 on HobbyLink. Maybe I'll get more of those chip guys too but I'm undecided for now

Also! Can anyone shine some light on what this is? I was sifting through the HobbyLink Digimon search results and came across this. https://secure.hlj.com/product/BANN09251/Sci -- unless I'm unaware of an appmon called Raidramon, is this a typo?

Last edited:

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So they're going for the English word 'raid' rather than the Japanese 'rai' in terms of pronunciation I take it? Makes me wonder how localizers will handle it.
As for the AppliDrive itself, every time I see it, I can't help but think it looks like a Heisei era Kamen Rider belt. All you'd need to do is turn it on its side and attach a belt to it. Then again, it is made by Bandai so maybe I'm thinking too hard.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Raidramon is this Appmon (Not to confuse with the Armon Digimon, Lighdramon). I'm guessing its a fusion between Hackmon and another Appmon.
Ahh okay thanks! I was so confused haha. The overlap of all the names here is going to throw me off -- we have Hackmon/Huckmon and now this. So far, that's my one reservation with Appmon (not that this is the discussion topic for that)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the Hackmon thing is really the same as Savers' new Falcomon or Xros Wars' new Greymon. The Raidramon/Lighdramon thing is similar to Scorpiomon being introduced after the dub had already renamed Anomalocarimon as "Scorpiomon" (and the Galgomon/Gargomon/"Gargoylemon" confusion).

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I went ahead and preordered the Special set + the blue ring chip thing. Worse case and I don't like it, I'm sure someone here would take it off my hands.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Removed a post.

Unsourced rumors which just appear to be made up at random aren't necessary to post about (especially when the post was written with autocorrect or something and was barely readable.)

ReiKatsura

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would need Rei's Applidrive for cosplay...but...damn they're very expensive-.- I would pay over 200 euros to get this-.-